II. Lacrimosa

Blood Moon

With a loud thud, Haein was shoved to the ground. This was her life for the past week and a half, being called out by a group of angry fangirls. All because she had associated herself with Kang Daniel and his friends.

"You should've listened when you had the chance, you ." Jung Hayoon, one of Moonhee's "minions" laughed. "You just don't realize the amount of pain you're going to be putting yourself through, maybe you should just transfer."

Tears stung Haein's eyes as she looked at the nametags on the group of girls around her. Choi Moonhee, Jung Hayoon, Kim Chaehyun, Kim Dayun, Baem Gaon, and Kong Yoojin. Don't forget their names, Haein.

"You listening to me, freak? Are you disabled too now?" Hayoon chuckled, causing the girls around her to chuckle as well. Dayun, Gaon, and Yoojin proceeded to kick Haein's body until the bell abruptly rang.

", we'll be late!" Moonhee cursed, fleeing the unused classroom with the rest of her crew. "This isn't over, freak!"

Haein watched them flee with eyes full of pain, barely able to move a muscle herself. Her body ached, completely covered in bruises and cuts. Weakly, Haein muttered out a spell, "Sanitatum Blessure."

Suddenly, a gentle white glow appeared all over Haein's body. Within seconds, her wounds were all gone and Haein was as good as new. With a sigh, she sat up and stared at the entrance to the classroom.

"Haein, what are you doing in here?" Boram called out from the doorway, shocked to find Haein in such an isolated area. "Are you okay? You look really shaken and disheveled."

Haein nodded her head to the last question, choosing not to answer the first one. "I'm fine, just got lost. What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was trying not to get spotted, so I guess you're going to have to come with me." Boram quickly walked inside the classroom, closing the door behind her. "I was going to sneak into Pinoon Private High School."

"Sneak in? Can't you just go over there as a visitor?" Haein asked, genuinely confused as to why they would need to sneak around. "It's not that simple, Haein. Pinoon is pretty secure, not just anyone can get in and out."

Boram pulled out two Pinoon school jackets. "Have you had those the entire time?" Boram giggled, nodding a "yes" to Haein's question, who rolled her eyes in return. "Let's go then."

Shedding their Nalgae jackets, the two girls slipped on the Pinoon jackets. Quickly, they made their way out of Nalgae through a back stairwell, going out the back door. They nearly sprinted over to the back of Pinoon, opening one of the unlocked back doors.

The girls entered the building, almost immediately shocked at just how nice the interior was. It was lot fancier than Nalgae, with everything looking like it belonged in a really fancy, expensive mansion or something of that nature. "Come on, he's this way."

Boram grabbed Haein's wrist, dragging her to the stairwell leading up to the rooftop. "Who's this way?" Haein questioned, never having been told the true reason as to why they were going over to Pinoon to begin with.

"Ong Seongwoo," Boram dreamily spoke, literal hearts appearing in her eyes. "Only the hottest guy on Earth."

Haein held back a gag, how much more dramatic could Boram get? They made it up to the roof, but not before bumping into another student. The girl in front of them was someone that Haein immediately idenified as being supernatural. She had long, beautiful black hair and the appearance of a first year student. How old and what is she?

"Look, I know you guys don't belong here," The girl quickly spoke, shocking Haein and Boram. "But, if you pretend you didn't see me, then I'll pretend I didn't see you." Both girls nodded, breathing out a sigh of relief. "I'm Jeon Yunhee, and you two are?"

"I'm Min Boram and she's Joo Haein." Boram spoke quickly, before brushing passed Yunhee to the rooftop. Quietly, she opened the door, dragging Haein along behind her with Yunhee following close behind.

There on the rooftop was a group of guys, one of them presumably being Ong Seongwoo. "The one in the back, that's him." Boram whispered, pointing dreamily once more. "Seongwoo? Pfft. Please! He's nothing compared to Lee Daehwi, he's the one to the left of Seongpoo, Haein."

Before the girls could bicker anymore, Haein quickly hushed them up when she saw a familiar figure among the group. "Is that... Daniel?" Boram quickly looked back, seeing what Haein had just noticed. "What is he doing here?" She spoke in response.

Suddenly, Daehwi and two others began to walk towards the rooftop entrance. Thinking quickly, Haein pulled Boram behind the wall, hiding themselves. Meanwhile, Yunhee hurried out the door, back down the stairwell.

Once Daehwi and the two other guys were gone, Haein reemerged from behind the wall. Focusing, she listened closely to the conversation Daniel was having with Seongwoo. I have to know why he's here!

"—I can't leave her alone, Seongwoo." Daniel sighed, obviously distressed about something. "Why? She's just a witch, who cares?" Seongwoo retorted back, looking worried about his best friend. Haein's eyes widened. How do they know?!

"Because... I imprinted on her." Crimson heat flooded Haein's cheeks. Imprinted? On me? "Dormir Ichi Sigan." She quickly casted a sleeping spell on Boram, helping her drop down easily to the ground.

"Are you insane?! You imprinted on a witch?!" Seongwoo exclaimed in shock. "I can't help who I imprint on, besides it doesn't matter much. She hates me." Daniel sighed woefully, his eyes casted downwards. "She's being bullied just for being my seat partner, there's no way she could ever love me now."

With a deep, heavy sigh, Seongwoo put an arm around Daniel. "Don't worry, we can figure something out. She's probably very unstanding of supernatural creatures, she's a witch afterall."

Unable to listen to anymore, Haein quickly hoisted Boram up on her back. She carried her out the door and down the steps, making her way quickly to the back entrance. "Who are you?"

Haein halted in her tracks, feeling her blood run cold. Vampire. She turned and looked back at the incredibly handsome, yet pale male student behind her.

"You don't have to answer that. I already know you don't go to this school. Follow me please, witch." He spoke sternly, making Haein unable to disobey him.

She followed him down the hallway, to a classroom labeled as the "Student Council." They entered the room, that was relatively empty except for one other vampire in the room as well. "Jaehwan, you're still here?"

The other vampire, known as Jaehwan, looked up with a smirk on his face. "Yes, Minhyun. I was just practicing my hiss." He chuckled, getting up to leave. "I will be on my way now, you have some sweet smelling company." Jaehwan took a whiff of the air around Haein and Boram, before leaving the room altogether. "Now that we're alone, take a seat please."

Haein placed Boram in a chair next to her, before reluctantly taking a seat herself. What do I do? Vampires are master manipulators, this is going to be tricky to get out of...

"So, what brings you to my school?" Minhyun asked, seated right across from Haein's seat. "I came here to find my friend, you may know him." Haein lied, knowing she needed to put some sort of leverage over this vampire. "Who is your friend, may I ask?"

"Kang Daniel." Immediately upon saying the name, Minhyun's eyes hardened and became cold. "That mutt, what is he doing here?" Minhyun asked angrily, clenching his fists tightly.

"I see you're not too fond of him." Haein simply spoke, hoping he was possibly afraid of Daniel somehow. Though, she should have known it wouldn't be that simple. This was a vampire she was dealing with afterall.

Suddenly, Minhyun grabbed one of the pens off of the table, removing the cap from it. Before Haein could completely react, He sliced her neck just a bit. A scream emitted from Haein's mouth as she quickly pulled herself and Boram away from the table.

Taking in a deep breath, Minhyun's eyes peered down at Haein in a deep red glow. "You smell amazing, mind if I have a taste?" He lunged at Haein, prepared to take a drink from her neck. Before Haein could even utter out a spell, Minhyun was launched to the back of the room by another person.

"Hwang Minhyun, I'll kill you." Daniel growled deeply, his veins popping out from under his skin. Minhyun chuckled and rose up, ready to retaliate but stopped upon seeing Seongwoo behind the werewolf. "I see, I'll take my leave for today then."

Without saying another word, Minhyun left the room with a smile. "Until we meet again." Haein flinched at the goodbye, clenching the cut on her neck.

"Are you okay? Where are you all hurt at? Do you need a doctor?" Daniel frantically asked, worry completely clouding his brown orbs. "I'm fine, relax. It's just a small cut that I can heal myself." Repeating the same spell from earlier today, the cut from Haein's neck vanished into the thin air.

Without any warning, Daniel pulled Haein into a tight hug. "You had me scared to death! If I hadn't seen you—" "Daniel, relax, you're crushing her." Seongwoo quickly interrupted, trying to stop the bear hug. Daniel quickly released with Haein gasping for air in return. "Sorry..."

Haein sighed and turned to Boram, checking her for any wounds. "Thank god you're okay..." Haein patted Boram on the head, her worry completely washing off of her. "Who's the sleeping cutie?"

Haein shot a glare at Seongwoo, who was staring at Boram with a smirk. "No one for a vampire like you to worry about." She spoke back angrily, lifting Boram up from the ground with her.

"It's okay, Haein. Seongwoo is my best friend, he would never hurt Boram." Daniel patted Haein's head, reassuring her that Seongwoo was surely a good guy. Haein looked at the vampire, not sure what to completely believe. "A werewolf and vampire... best friends?"

"Yeah, so what?" Seongwoo asked defensively, getting a sour look on his face. "Nothing, it's a unique pairing. Nice to see the two species getting along." Haein sighed, lifting up Boram with quite a bit of difficulty. Damn it, I used too much mana today...

"Let me help." Daniel sighed, simply taking the unconscious girl from Haein's arms. "You are low on mana, right?"

Haein stared at the werewolf before her, completely taken aback at how much he knew about her right now. "Do you know that because you imprinted on me?"

Daniel's cheeks flushed a deep crimson, walking out of the classroom and out of the school building all together. "Come on, we'll get in trouble for skipping if we don't hurry." Haein smirked, following after him as well.

The three arrived back at the school, dropping Boram off at the school infirmary before heading back to their classroom together. The two made it back just before the bell rang once again, though they had successfully caught the attention of everyone in the room.

People whispered to each other, likely about the two of them as they took their seats. "Alright class, quiet down! Open your books to Pg. 101." The teacher's voice boomed throughout the room, causing the room to became silent in it's wake.

Unable to focus on the lesson, Haein carefully peaked over at Daniel. She nearly jumped out of her seat when she realized he was looking at her already. Blushing, she quickly turned her head, only to see two others staring at her as well.

The first was Moonhee, who was currently glaring daggers into her head. Haein almost wished she still had some more mana left so she could read her mind, though what she'd hear would certainly be not that good, that's for sure.

The second was Jihoon, surprisingly. He stared at her in great wonder, obviously wondering why she was so close with Daniel all of a sudden. Haein put her attention down to the book on her desk, only to notice a small folded up note on her textbook.

Cautiously opening the note as to avoid being spotted by the teacher, Haein peered down at the the note's contents. "Meet me at the school gate after school? :-) — Your favorite werewolf"

Slightly smiling, Haein looked over at Daniel, who had a bunny-like grin on his face. Nodding three times, Daniel's grin became even bigger and he even had a slight blush appearing on his face. Haein had a blush on her cheeks as well, excited to see what Daniel wanted after school.

Hello everyone, sorry for such a long wait >o< I was working on writing this since the release of the first chapter, but it ended up taking me a lot longer than expected lol. Anyways, things have certainly moved along in the story! I hope you all enjoyed it; please don't be afraid to leave me some feedback, whether if it's good or bad ^^ Till next time! — monbxbe