Late for the Date

Lovely Opposition

As soon as your last class let out, you ran to the main gates. You were giddy the rest of the day, waiting for the clock to strike 3:30. You and Joshua have hung out before, but most of the time it's at school or church and you guys are sometimes accompanied with the rest of your guys' friends and for some reason, you felt nervous about today. 

When you got to the gates, you saw that he wasn't there yet, so you patiently waited. You took out your compact mirror to make sure that everything was in place. Your baby hairs weren't too crazy, your makeup hadn't smudged, and your uniform was in tact and clean. You kept mulling over trivial details and as your wait time extended, you grew anxious. You checked your phone and saw that it was almost 4:00. You wondered if Joshua was okay. You tried calling him, but he didn't answer. 

The bingsoo is going to get warm ㅋㅋㅋ

You know I can never finish one on my own. Don't leave me to fend for myself ㅠㅠ

Yah, where are you?

Are you okay?

You starting thinking the worst. What if he forgot and made plans with someone else? What if he got into a fight and something bad happened to him? You kept thinking of all these worst case scenarios in your head. You debated if you should just go home or not, but you really wanted to get bingsoo. Ultimately, you just decided to go to the cafe by yourself and have some anyway, as you were on your way, you texted him one more time.

Bingsoo is on me today.

You slowly dragged your feet as you made your way to the cafe. By the time you arrived, it was 4:15. You sighed to yourself as you took a seat and dropped your book bag down. You kept checking your phone to see if Joshua had replied, but nothing. You pouted to yourself as you looked out the window to see if he was making his way to the cafe but no one you knew came. You internally debated with yourself between getting bingsoo for yourself or not, but knowing that you can't finish it yourself, you settled for a drink. Before you knew it, you fell asleep sitting alone at your table. 

You woke up to someone gently tapping you on the shoulders. Your eyes fluttered opened and you saw the very person that put you to sleep: Hong Jisoo.

"Mianhae, something came up and my phone died. Jinjja mianhae." Normally, people would get mad at these kinds of things, but you couldn't find it in yourself to get mad. You just smiled and nodded.

"Gwenchanha. At least you're here now. What time is it?" You checked your phone and saw that it was almost 6:00. You looked back at Jisoo and noticed how apologetic he looked. You smiled at him and playfully shoved him to reassure that it was okay. He smiled back and took his seat across from you. "You still owe me bingsoo by the way." You joked. He nodded and you guys just decided to spend the evening hanging out like normal.