CHAPTER 4

WHAT'S MINE FOREVER MINE

“So this is the place? Dad was no joke. I didn’t even ever step on this kind of expensive place just to eat. Then the food became poop” said Haein sighed. Haein then went out from her car and went into the restaurant.

“Sorry miss but this place was rented for the day and we will open it during night” said the waiter that was standing at the door.

“Oh really? But I am here with umm, Shin Hoseok” said Haein and the waiter widened her eyes.

“I’m sorry miss I acknowledge it. Please follow me, Mr Shin Hoseok was waiting for you” said the waiter smiled before walking followed by Haein.

“Mr Shin Hoseok, the guest you’re waiting is here” said the waiter and Hoseok nodded, signaling the waiter to leave while smiling to Haein.

“Wait..I seems ever meet this guy but when and where?” thought Haein.

“Have a seat” said Hoseok pulling a chair for Haein.

"Thank you" said Haein smiling awkwardly.

“You’re even more beautiful than in the picture” said Hoseok smirked which made Haein somehow scared of him but wonderimg how Hoseok got her picture.

“You have my picture?” asked Haein.

“Your dad gave it to me” said Hoseok smiled.

“Ahh I see” said Haein a little bit nodding.

“How about me?” asked Hoseok which made Haein panic.

“Lol what should I say? I promised Yan not to praise any guy more than him” thought Haein before start saying.

“You have the look” said Haein smiled awkwardly.

“Only that? Well okay you not know me so much yet” said Hoseok smirked.

“This girl looked like easy to be fooled” thought Hoseok.

“This guy somehow creepy” thought Haein. The waiter then served them with some appetizers.

“I don’t know what’s your favorite so I just ordered some food that I like” said Hoseok smiled.

“It’s okay, it’s okay” said Haein smiled.

“May I know how old are you?” asked Hoseok smiled.

“26” answered Haein shortly.

“Oh, I’m your oppa. I’m 28 years old” said Hoseok smiled.

“What do I care” thought Haein.

“So, you worked at your dad’s company?” asked Hoseok and Haein nodded.

“How about you?” asked Haein.

“Well for this moment I’m not working here yet but I’m an artist at America. I have my own gallery at America. Will surely extend it here since I will built my own family here soon with a beautiful woman in front of me” said Hoseok smiled which made Haein felt uneasy.

“Ahh really. I’m not so into art since you know, some art have their own meaning which sometime I can’t understand it” said Haein chuckles. Not long after that, the waiters came with various of food.

“I hope you like the food” said Hoseok smiled.

“So, do you have boyfriend?” asked Hoseok which made Haein choked a little which then Hoseok handed a glass of water.

“I’m sorry..” said Hoseok felt guilt.

“No, no it’s okay. It’s just-”.

“Why? You just broke up?” asked Hoseok.

“No, no. Hahaha, I have no boyfriend. You know, I’m busy with work until I have no time to hang out with any guys” said Haein chuckles awkwardly.

“Liar” thought Hoseok.

“Ahh, I see. So we’re same” said Hoseok smiled.

“I’m sorry to lying to you, Hoseok. I’m sorry to not being honest with people about our relationship, Yan” thought Haein.

“Are you done?” asked Hoseok as they finished their food and Haein nodded.

“Let’s go somewhere else” said Hoseok smiled while grabbing Haein’s hand which made Haein panic and tried to release his grib but Hoseok was way too strong. Hoseok on the other side smirked as he can feel that Haein don’t like his act.

“But we’re here by our own car..”.

“My bodyguard will send your car home. Lend me your car key” said Hoseok and Haein handed him her car key.

“He even have his own bodyguard. His family was no joke. Hmm, what so weird right, his dad and my dad was friend and my dad have his own bodyguard too” thought Haein.

“Haein, you okay?” asked Hoseok waving his hand in front of Haein.

“Ohh, ahh, I’m okay. Where are we going anyway?” asked Haein which made Hoseok chuckled.

“Get into my car first could you?” said Hoseok smiled and Haein get into the car. Hoseok then start driving and Haein realized that Hoseok drive the same way to the hospital where Yan worked. Haein felt uneasy in case Yan will saw her if she was around there. To her relief when Hoseok passed the hospital and Haein can guess that Hoseok must want to bring her to the park near there.

“Why you looked uncomfortable. Is it because you scared of me?” asked Hoseok.

“Uhh..no no. Am I looked like that? Hahaha” said Haein chuckles awkwardly.

“Tell me if you feel uncomfortable” said Hoseok smiled and Haein nodded. Not long after that, Hoseok parked his car near a park which near to a lake.

“I want to got to know more about you. Let’s have some talk there” said Hoseok smiled. After they took a sit at a bench, the talked for awhile when suddenly they saw a hospital patient walking by herself there.

“Look, it’s a hospital patient” said Hoseok and Haein nervously look around worried if there’s a nurse or other patient that knew her as Yan’s girlfriend hanging out with other guys.

“That patient was totally alone. Where’s the doctor or nurse? They didn’t do their work properly, isn’t?” said Hoseok looking at Haein that looked uncomfortable.

“Are you okay, Haein?” asked Hoseok worriedly.

“I’m okay. Oh, poor that patient. She looked lost” said Haein looking at Hoseok while showing her worried face over the patient.

“Nah, it’s the hospital fault. Doctor or nurse should guard their patient properly. What are they doing? Sleeping? Playing games? Online?” said Hoseok totally dissing the hospital’s worker.

“Maybe they let the patient go around. You know..take some fresh air?” said Haein.

“You know right the distance between the hospital and this park kinda far too” said Hoseok.

“But you really should not dissing doctors. Their job was hard you know that too right. Saving other's live” said Haein as she felt Hoseok was too much.

Yeah whatever. Maybe I was too harsh. But you looked so defensive over doctors. I wonder why” said Hoseok smirking without Haein’s knowledge.

“I..uh you know..because..without doctor..who will treat us? What if oppa injured? Who’s gonna treat you?” said Haein.

“I can treat myself. My late brother ever taught me” said Hoseok looking at the sky.

“Late..late brother?” asked Haein felt guilt.

“Ahh, my brother died” said Hoseok sighed.

“Your brother..died?” asked Haein unbelieving what Hoseok said.

“I should not talk about this. Moreover we just me met” said Hoseok.

“If you tell me..you can let out some burden..at least..” said Haein feeling so concern to Hoseok suddenly.

“So, we live aboard as you know. Just both of us, not with our parents. My late brother studied medical while I’m in arts as you know. Actually my parents opposed him to study in medical because my parents want him to continue the business since he’s the eldest and since I’m kinda worst in business. But you know, his passion just too much in medical. He even was the best student in medical which made lots of people jealous of him including the doctor at the hospital where he made his practical. One day, my late brother have to done one operation since if he want to be the doctor, he should pass the operation. But the other doctors planned to do something bad on him by instructing him to do wrong to the patient. My late brother stopped the operation but the patient’s live was in danger because they fought in the room and the patient died” said Hoseok raking his hair.

“Oppa..if you can’t continue the story-”.

“Everyone put guilt on him, Haein. Everyone. The family of the died patient curse him. They even told him that Korean’s quality is not good and sue us. My late brother got depressed. I..I don’t know what to do. I told mom and dad and they told us to come back to Korea but my late brother was too ashamed” said Hoseok a little bit sobbing.

“Don’t tell me that your brother depressed and commit-”.

“My late brother commit suicide. He jumped from the apartment. And that made the very first case a practical doctor from Korea commit suicide at overseas because of his own fault which it’s all not true!” shouted Hoseok cupping his face.

“Is that the reason why oppa hates doctor? I mean, you’re dissing doctor just now..”. Haein suddenly remembered Yan ever told her that he got headache when the patient's family nag them after the practical doctor did wrong to the patient. Even though it didn't effect the patient but the family still nag them. A doctor surely a hard job.

“At first I didn’t know about this. But then I felt like all the doctors are mean and I felt so betrayed” said Hoseok shedding his tears.

“But then..what happened? I mean did the hospital still put him in guilt?” asked Haein then Hoseok shook his head.

“The history remained. People remembered what he did because no one defends him. Starting from that day, I take care of myself so that I don’t have to go to hospital since I remembered how he taught me a few things to do when I got hurt” said Hoseok a little bit smiling.

“But we should get justice for your brother. Poor him” said Haein.

“How Haein. How? No one stand to be the witness. They also don’t want to involve because of the politics. You know it involves two countries right?” said Hoseok while shedding his remains tears.

“Aigoo, I should not cry. Moreover in front of a girl that I just met. You must think that I’m a crybaby boy” said Hoseok little bit chuckling which made Haein chuckles too. Suddenly Hoseok grab Haein’s hand which made Haein shocked.

“I..want you to stay by my side..because people who know about me shouldn’t left me because I will surely hate them and I don’t wanna hate you..because I’m falling in love over you at the first sight” said Wonho while caressing Haein’s hand before kissing it which made Haein feels uncomfortable.

“I..I wanna go to toilet for awhile. Can you keep my handbag for awhile?” said Haein and Hoseok nodded. Not long after that, Haein’s phone ringing which made Hoseok a little bit shock and quickly opened Haein’s handbag to see who’s calling her.

“YanCheol Hubby?” said Hoseok raising his right eyebrow before smirking.

“So this is the guy that dating with Haein huh. Kim Yan Cheol, I got your girl now” said Hoseok smirked. Since Hoseok didn’t answer the call, Yan ended the call. Then Yan text Haein.

“Haein-ah, are you okay? Why aren't you answering my call? I still worried about you because you looked scared just now at the hospital. I hope you’re fine. I just finished an operation and felt so tired. I miss you. Call me, babe”.

“Hmm, so that’s true what my bodyguard said that this guy named Kim Yan Cheol is a doctor. No wonder Haein being so defensive over doctor. Let’s start the game” said Hoseok smirked and replied to Yan’s text.

“I’m fine. Don’t ask me. I’m tired. I need some rest. I hope you will not push me like this anymore”.

“Sent” said Hoseok smirked before deleting the text and also deleting the call log. Not long after that, Haein come back from toilet.

“It’s 5 p.m. already. Let’s go home. Your parents must be worried over you” said Hoseok chuckles. At home, Haein approached by Mrs Song.

“So, how’s that guy?” asked Mrs Song.

“Creepy mom, creepy. Can say that his hobby is smirking. But..his life story was kinda touched me” said Haein sighed.

“So, did you told Yan already?” asked Mrs Song.

“Mom please” said Haein a little bit whining.

“But you have to do so. Your dad..planned to marry you with the guy that you met today” said Mrs Song which made Haein widened her eyes.

“It’s too early mom. Why?” asked Haein sighed. Not long after that, Haein received a text from Yan.

“What do you mean by not pushing you?”.

“Yan? So sudden? Mom, I have to go to my room first” said Haein leaving Mrs Song at the living room.

****