YOU

My Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark was still lying face-up on his bed, his headphones playing the playlist for perhaps five or more times at the same time. The music filled his ears and his head with absurd ideas. Her feet swayed in the rhythm of music and anxiety that engulfed her entire body in that harrowing moment.

He held the cell phone in his hands and read the name of the playlist again, and suddenly a shiver ran through his spine, rustling all his bones and ruffling all his hair, and Mark automatically ripped the earphones out of his ear.

Mark took a deep breath and closed his eyes, he needed to know what was happening with Donghyuck.

Early that morning, when Mark had woken up, he went straight to the computer to see his morning emails, there was usually one from Donghyuck, nothing much different from the usual. He clicked to open the email:

 

From: HAECHAN

To: MARK

 

"I created this playlist, you'll like it!

Stand by me - Oasis;

Love is Easy - McFly;

11:11 - Taeyeon;

Falling - HyoLyn;

Why Do not You Love Me? - Demi Lovato;

Love On Top - Beyoncé;

First Love - EXO.

Tomorrow we'll talk, give me yours as soon as it's over! XOXO my girl."

 

At first Mark gave no relevance to the songs, had not listened yet, just downloaded the file with the playlist to his cell phone, and spent the day doing things he always does on weekends.

Eventually, in the late afternoon when he started studying math on that hot Sunday, he put on his headphones and turned the playlist that Donghyuck had made, and only after the third song did he notice something strange: they all talked about love.

It might be a totally random choice and a huge coincidence that Donghyuck had put those songs all together, but with the passing of the seconds and his mind bubbling with millions of freakish ideas, Mark decreed that it could not be a mere coincidence.

The theory was that Donghyuck was suffering from a platonic love, and from what appears in the songs, the person for whom he is in love was too dumb not to notice all the signs he constantly commands. That was troubling.

Why would not your best friend in the whole world tell you that you're in love?

For Mark this is potentially problematic. For some reason Donghyuck does not trust you to share something so important? And Mark began to wonder what he meant to Donghyuck, suddenly he felt betrayed by his best friend.

The Canadian stopped studying because he could not find the necessary concentration, and went to bed earlier than he normally would, but did not sleep as early as expected. He continued to listen to Donghyuck's playlist in the middle of the night, until he realized that he slept with his earphones as the songs rolled on and on.

The other day, cloudy Monday, he found himself humming some of the songs, had to admit that the songs were good and addictive.

Before going to school, he continued lying on his bed, listening to the playlist, for some reason he should ask the reason for a passionate playlist? In the logic of Mark's head, if his best friend did not tell him about being possibly in love, it's because his best friend did not want him to know!

"Idiot!" He exclaimed suddenly as his mother led him to school, Mark did not pay any attention to what she was saying as she drove. "What do I do?"

*

The Canadian was in the library, his favorite place after his room, or maybe not.

No, of course, Mark was only there because he decided to lock up the cheerleaders in the women's locker room and was caught red-handed, and as punishment he was forced to be a slave to the librarian for two weeks, every day at the end of class. But it was not so bad, Donghyuck was always there studying, and they could talk when Mark had nothing to do. With Donghyuck things got less unbearable.

Mark was sitting at the end of a table watching Donghyuck who was sitting on the opposite end of the table. His friend asked him not to disturb him while he tried to study physics, so he asked him to stay away fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter