Chapter 03

Hate to love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Mira was with Sehun, she was happy and cheerful but she she was alone, she became restless and cranky. Though Sehun had a small group of friends from his school, he rarely hung out with them after school, preferring the company of Mira instead.

The brushing away of strands of hair for each other s face, the legs touching each other as they sat beside each other which had all been unnoticed so far began to haunt Mira s dreams.

Sehun did nothing to encourage her feelings. Even when some of his friends tried to flirt with Mira at the rare instance when they met outside in the company of their friends, it baffled Sehun what the fuss was all about. 

It was Suho s friend, Chanyeol who finally made who finally bought a revelation to Sehun regarding his feeling for Mira.

 

It was Suho s birthday and he had invited Mira and Sehun to tag along to movies with his friends. Having nothing to do and it being holidays, they agreed. It was after the movies when their were just roaming the mall that Sehun noticed that Mira was unusually quiet that day.

Mira insisted on returning back home immediately after the movie and though she repeatedly asked Sehun not to accompany her, he still left his brother and friends to drop her off at home.

Mira returned to her chirpy self once alone.

"So what happened before? Why the Long face then?" Sehun glanced at the girl in the passenger seat and asked.

"Hmm.. nothing.. the movie gave me a headache," Mira tried not to look at Sehun and turned towards the window as she answered.

"You don't like Chanyeol."

It was more of a statement that a question. He knew her well enough to understand her body language and every time Chanyeol attempted to talk to her or come near her, she would cower behind Sehun.

Mira was quiet for sometime before she turned towards Sehun. They had reached Mira s house and Sehun let the engine running as he turned around to face Mira as well.

"It's not that I don't like him .. but.. it feels funny .. the way he looks at me and stuff.."

Sehun stiffened and his gaze pierced into Mira s eyes.

"Funny how?" he asked in a quiet tone that made the hair on the back of her neck stand.

"I don't know how to explain, ok? Just that I don't feel very comfortable around him!" Mira looked down at her hands and blurted out.

"Then stay away from him. I am sorry. He had asked for your number some time back and said he needed to ask you something but be careful ok? Trust your instincts. If a guy makes you feel uncomfortable, then there has to be a reason!" he warned her.

Mira looked deep into his eyes as she nodded.

As Sehun saw her walk away from the car, he felt himself lose his temper. How could he have not noticed the way Chanyeol was looking at Mira? He had seen him looking at her often during the movies but it didn't seem like much until after talking to Mira.

 

The next time Sehun met Chanyeol, Sehun was very hostile towards the older boy. Sensing the awkwardness between them both, Chanyeol tried to reconcile with Sehun.

"What's up? Is this something to do with Mira?" Chanyeol implored.

"Maybe," Sehun said quietly without glancing at the boy standing at the doorway of his bedroom.

"Look! I am really interested in her,ok? I think she is cute. I asked Sehun and he said that you guys were close but not in that way. So I tried to get to know her more when I had the opportunity. I am sorry if I scared her off! But you guys are not seeing each other, are you?Chanyeol enquired.

Sehun eyed him warily and hesitated before answering, "You could say that."

"Oh! I was really not aware of that! I am sorry then!" Chanyeol held up both his hands and apologised sincerely to the younger boy before him. Chanyeol didn't stay for long after that and left.

 

That night, Sehun lay on his bed thinking back to Suho s birthday. He tried to remember Mira and see her as a boy sees a girl. She indeed look beautiful that day he decided as he drifted off to a restless sleep.

 

The next time when Sehun met Mira, he couldn't help it as his eyes wandered over her face and body, like he was seeing her for the first time. He cleared his throats before looking down and saying, "I spoke to Chanyeol. He won't disturb you!"

They had been walking to a nearby supermarket for some ice cream when he had suddenly felt the need to let Mira know that he had done something to ease her worry regarding Chanyeol. 

Mira stopped on her track and grabbed Sehun s arm and stopped him too.

"What did you tell him? His parents are your parents' friends!!" Mira urged him with something akin to fear for her friend written all ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter