Chapter 1: Meeting "Kyu"

Married To My Professor

"Good morning my beautiful princess”

Donghae greets his beautiful daughter before she can go out of their mansion.

“Leaving without saying goodbye to your mom and dad?”

Donghae asks. Sungmin takes a deep breath, calming herself. She wants to avoid her parents because she’s still feeling angry about them arranging her marriage to someone whom she doesn’t know and doesn’t even meet yet. She’s still feeling upset because of what her parents did—arranging her marriage without her knowledge. Sungmin is still not ready to get married and become a wife and she’s also not yet ready to get pregnant and become a mother. She still wants to enjoy her life being single and she doesn’t see herself getting married in the future after her breakup with her ex-fiancé.

“Sorry about that dad. It’s just that I’m in a hurry”

Sungmin told her father, lying to him. She doesn’t want to talk to them because she knows that they will just talk about her wedding with “Kyu” next week.

“You’re in a hurry?”

Hyuk Jae asks her daughter, staring at her wrist watch.

“But sweetheart it’s only six in the morning. It’s still early. Isn’t your class start at twelve in the afternoon? So, why are you in a hurry? You haven’t eaten your breakfast yet”

Hyuk Jae told her daughter, wondering why she needs to leave early.

“I’ll just eat my breakfast in school. I need to leave now. I have an appointment with the Dean of the Medicine Department of the University wherein I’m working. He wants to talk to me, so I need to be there early”

Sungmin explains.

“You’re an English Professor, right? So, why on earth are you going to talk with the Dean of the Medicine Department?”

Donghae asks, interrogating his daughter.

“Dad, will you please stop asking a lot of questions? Seriously, I’m in a hurry and I don’t have time to explain everything. I’m not doing an illegal job ok, so please don’t interrogate me like that”

Sungmin told her father, feeling irritated.

“I’m leaving now. I’ll see you guys later”

Sungmin told her parents.

“Don’t forget to go home early. You’ll have dinner with Kyu later”

Hyuk Jae told her daughter happily, reminding her about her dinner with her soon to be husband. Sungmin just sighs and leaves the mansion without saying anything.

“Your daughter is throwing tantrums again. She didn’t even said goodbye properly and she didn’t even give us a kiss before she leaves”

Donghae told his wife.

“Maybe she just has her period today, that’s why she’s like that. Don’t mind your daughter. You know. Girls can be moody sometimes”

Hyuk Jae told her husband.

“Just like you”

Donghae told his wife. He stands up.

“Let’s have our breakfast now darling. I also need to go to work”

Donghae told his wife before walking away.

“Seriously, am I the one who is being moody? Your daughter gets her moody attitude to you”

Hyuk Jae whispers. She stands up and follows her husband at the dining room to have breakfast with him.

On the other hand, Sungmin was sitting inside her car, holding the steering wheel as hard as she can to release her anger.

“I really want to scream right now. Mom and dad are…seriously…aish!”

Sungmin bites her lower lip.

“Ok”

Sungmin sighs heavily.

“Lee Sungmin, relax…just take a deep breath and relax”

Sungmin told herself before taking a deep breath, trying to relax.

“But seriously…”

Sungmin slams her right hand on the steering wheel, still feeling irritated and angry because of her parents.

“How can I relax if I’m getting married next week? I really don’t know why mom and dad are doing this to me. I’m not yet ready to become a wife and of course to…”

Sungmin puts her hand on her tummy.

“Do I really need to get pregnant soon? My head is aching because of mom and dad”

Sungmin sighs.

“I think going back here in South Korea is such a wrong decision. I should have stayed in Australia, but…”

Sungmin suddenly feels sad.

“It will be hard and painful for me if I stay there. Well, Seoul is also my home and…don’t forget the real reason why you left Melbourne”

Sungmin told herself sadly, remembering her ex-fiancé.

“Why do I need to remember him again? I wonder what he is doing right now”

Sungmin sighs sadly. She stares at the dashboard clock; it’s already six thirty in the morning.

“Oh my world! What the ing hell are you doing Lee Sungmin? Seriously, you should leave now or else you’ll be late in your appointment. You don’t want the Dean of the Medicine Department to scold you, right? Aigoo!!!”

Sungmin told herself, panicking. She totally forgets about her appointment because of thinking about her wedding next week and her ex-fiancé.

“It’s all mom and dad’s fault. Seriously…aish!”

Sungmin takes a deep breath and drives her car fast, hoping that she wouldn’t be late in her appointment with the Dean of the Medicine Department of SM University.

***

Sungmin softly knocks on the door before going inside the Dean’s office of the Medicine Department.

“Good morning”

Sungmin greets the woman who is busy typing on the laptop.

“Hi, good morning! What can I do for you Ma’am?”

The woman asks, smiling brightly at Sungmin.

“Ah, I’m Lee Sungmin. I’m the substitute Biology Professor and I have an appointment with the Dean. Is he already here?”

Sungmin asks. The woman nods at her.

“I’m Goo Hara, the faculty secretary”

The woman introduces herself. She stands up and shakes Sungmin’s hand.

“It’s nice to meet you Ms. Lee. So, you’re the substitute of Mrs. Jung. Mr. Shin is already waiting for you in his office. Please have a seat first while I’ll tell Mr. Shin that you’re already here”

“Thank you”

Sungmin smiles at Hara who also smiles at her before walking towards the Dean’s office. Sungmin sits on the sofa while waiting for Hara.

“I hope everything will be alright”

Sungmin whispers, feeling a little bit nervous because it’s her first time teaching Biology. She’s an English Professor at the Literature Department. But she has a background in Biology because she’s a Biology major when she was still in college. After getting a degree in Biology, she studies English and Literature and decided to become an English Professor rather than a Biologist.

“Ms. Lee”

Sungmin looks at Hara.

“Please follow me. Mr. Shin is already waiting for you”

Hara told Sungmin who quickly stands up and follows her inside the Dean’s office.

“Mr. Shin, Ms. Lee is already here”

Hara told the Dean.

“Good morning Sir”

Sungmin greets the Dean and bows her head.

“I’m going now Sir since the person that you’re waiting is already here”

The handsome man who is wearing a lab gown and holding a stethoscope told Mr. Shin.

“Ok. Thank you so much Doctor Kim”

“No problem Sir”

The handsome man salutes at Mr. Shin before standing up.

“Good luck on your first day here in our department. Fighting!”

Doctor Kim told Sungmin, cheering her happily. Sungmin bows at him.

“Thank you doctor”

Sungmin told the handsome doctor who smiles at her and pats her shoulder before leaving the Dean’s office with Hara.

“Good morning Sir. I’m Lee Sungmin from the Literature Department. I am the substitute of Mrs. Jaejoong Jung”

Sungmin told the Dean of the Medicine Department, introducing herself. The Dean nods his head.

“Good morning Ms. Lee. I’m Mr. Shin Donghee, the Dean of the Medicine Department”

Mr. Shin told Sungmin, shaking her hand.

“Please have a seat”

“Thank you Sir”

Sungmin sits on the couch and looks at Mr. Shin.

“Your Dean was the one who recommends you here. Mr. Kim told me that you’re a smart girl and you have a background in Biology. Did you already teach the subject before?”

Mr. Shin asks. Sungmin shook her head as an answer.

“To tell you honestly Sir, this will be my first time teaching the subject and that’s why I feel really surprised when Mr. Kim told me that I will be the substitute of his sister as she takes her maternity leave”

Sungmin told Mr. Shin whose eyebrows suddenly furrowed. He can’t understand why Kim Junsu, the Dean of the Literature Department will recommend Sungmin as the substitute Biology Professor if she doesn’t even have any experience in teaching the subject.

“Well…”

Sungmin takes a deep breath to relax herself because she can feel that Mr. Shin is already judging her because of the way he stares at her.

“I have a degree in Biology Sir. I major in Biology. After graduating as a Summa Laude at Melbourne Central University, I study English and Literature at Victoria State University. After getting my degree in English and Literature, I decided to become an English Professor rather than pursuing my dream of becoming a Biologist”

Sungmin explains, giving Mr. Shin a little background about her educational attainment.

“I see”

Mr. Shin told Sungmin while nodding his head.

“Ok…”

Mr. Shin takes a deep breath before continuing.

“I’m going to trust you Ms. Lee as much as Mr. Kim trusts you. I know that he wouldn’t recommend you if you’re not really qualified for the position. You see. It’s hard for us to find a substitute Biology Professor since Mrs. Jung’s leave is emergency. Apparently her doctor advice her to avoid stress and to stop working because it will be bad for her baby and for her condition”

Mr. Shin explains. Sungmin nods her head.

“Mr. Kim told me that. Don’t worry Sir, I won’t disappoint you. I maybe an English Professor, but I have a knowledge in Biology and I will do my best to teach the subject”

Sungmin told Mr. Shin with a smile on her lips.

“You will teach the subjects every Mondays and Thursday for one and a half hour. The class will start at eight thirty in the morning, so it will be until ten in the morning. You can stay at the faculty room whenever you want. You can also stay at the Professor’s Lounge which is located at the 7th floor of the building. There is also a mini Library there, you can read books about medicines if you want. The Medicine Library can be found at the 2nd floor and 8th floor of the University’s Library”

Mr. Shin told Sungmin who nods her head.

“The Laboratory is at the 3rd floor and 5th floor of the building. Hara can give you a tour if you want. If you have any questions or if you have problems, please don’t hesitate to ask Hara or you can approach me if it’s really a serious matter”

“Yes Sir”

“One last reminder before I let you go since you’re already late in your class…”

Mr. Shin clears his throat before continuing.

“I hope you’re open for remedial classes if you know what I mean”

“Yes Sir. No problem. I can always give remedial classes whenever the students need it”

“Ok. Thank you so much Ms. Lee. You can go to your class now and welcome to our Department and good luck on your first day”

Mr. Shin told Sungmin, smiling at her. He presses the buzzer on top of his desk to call Hara.

“Yes Sir?”

Hara asks.

“Please Ms. Lee to room 404B”

Mr. Shin told Hara.

“No problem Sir”

Hara looks at Sungmin and smiles at her.

“Let’s go Ms. Lee?”

Hara asks. Sungmin nods her head. She stands up and bows at Mr. Shin before leaving his office with Hara.

“Some students here in our Department are immature. They are not perfect just like how the world sees them. You see when you’re a medicine student, the world will look at you as a perfect human being. Yes, they are smart, but they can also be hardheaded kids and immature because they are also normal human beings just like the other students from the other Departments”

Hara told Sungmin who nods her head, agreeing to her. Sungmin understands what Hara wants to tell her. She understands the situation because she’s been there before when she’s studying Biology in college.

“There are troubled students too and that’s the reason why Mr. Shin is requiring every Professor here to give those troubled students a chance to cope up and that’s why we have remedial classes”

Hara explains.

“Your class is a mixture of mature and immature students. Some of them are regular students and some are irregular students. Some of them are advance and some of them are having a hard time. There are students who are serious and there are also students who are stubborn and hardheaded and of of them is Cho Kyuhyun”

Hara told Sungmin. She stops walking and looks at Sungmin.

“We’re here”

Hara happily told Sungmin as they arrive at Room 404B.

“Is there something wrong with this Cho Kyuhyun guy?”

Sungmin asks curiously.

“He is a genius, but the problem is he is so stubborn and really hardheaded. Mrs. Jung has a hard time dealing with him. Cho Kyuhyun is the reason why Mrs. Jung takes an early maternity leave because he is giving her too much stress that affects her pregnancy”

Hara explains. Sungmin suddenly feels nervous because she is not good in handling immature and hardheaded students like Cho Kyuhyun.

“But don’t worry Ms. Lee”

Hara smiles at Sungmin.

“I know that you can deal with him well just like Doctor Kim. You see. Doctor Kim is the only person who can control and who can deal with Cho Kyuhyun, but you can also do it, so don’t be afraid and…”

Hara moves closer to Sungmin.

“I just want to remind you that romantic relationship between professor and student is not allowed here in our University. I know that you know that rule. I’m just reminding you, just in case your forgot”

Hara told Sungmin who stares at her blankly.

“You see. You’re y and really beautiful. Those students can be a tease sometimes and some of them might court you, so please don’t ever entertain them ok”

Hara told Sungmin.

“I need to go back to the office now. I’m going to leave you here Ms. Lee. Good luck. You can do it”

“Thank you. Please just call me Minnie”

“Alright. You can call me Hara. So, I’ll leave you now Minnie. Bye”

“Bye. Thank you Hara”

Sungmin happily waves her hand to say goodbye to Hara.

“Ok”

Sungmin looks at the door.

“Fighting Lee Sungmin! You can do this! I’m really going to kill Junsu if things will not go well for me”

Sungmin told herself. She takes a deep breath and opens the door. She’s expecting the students quietly waiting for their Professors to arrive, but much to her surprise they are noisy. There are papers flying on air because some of them are playing with each other, throwing papers with each other. There are students who are playing guitars while others are chatting and laughing so loud. The atmosphere inside the classroom is a bit chaotic because of those students who talk so loud and laugh as if it’s already the end of the world. Some are eating while others are watching videos on their laptops. Well, there are also students who are behave—students who are reading books and studying and Sungmin can’t understand how those students manage to concentrate in that kind of atmosphere.

“Ok. I forgot that I’m not teaching kids here. They are like my students at the Literature Department…of course…they are also human just like what Hara told me”

Sungmin told herself. She takes a deep breath and walk inside the room. The students stop whatever they are doing as soon as they saw Sungmin walking inside their classroom.

“Oh my gosh! A goddess fall down on earth. Who is that y and beautiful girl?”

One of male students asks his friends as they stare at Sungmin with desire.

“I finally found my future wife”

“Shut up Max! I saw her first”

“Yeah right Minho. I already saw her in my dreams ok. So leave her alone because she’s mine and she’s my future wife”

“Let’s see”

Minho told his friend. Both of them are staring at Sungmin. They don’t want to take their eyes away from them.

“But seriously guys…I think Kyu will win”

Minho and Changmin stare at the owner of the voice.

“Shut up Suho!”

Minho and Changmin whispers at their friend while frowning at him.

“Suho is right. Kyu will win. Girls always chase him and I bet our lovely Professor will—“

“PROFESSOR!!!”

Changmin, Minho and Suho shouts. Sungkyu nods his head and blushes a little because of embarrassment. All eyes are upon them. Sungmin is also staring at them because the three suddenly shouts upon hearing Sungkyu telling them that Sungmin is their professor.

“She just introduces herself while you are all busy desiring her because she’s too y and beautiful”

Sungkyu told his friends.

“Gentlemen”

Sungmin speaks in a gentle voice, catching Changmin, Minho and Suho’s voice.

"She even has a lovely voice”

Suho whispers. Minho and Changmin nod in agreement.

“Will you please go back to your seat? We’re about to start our class”

Sungmin told them. Minho immediately jumps off of his desk and sits on his chair. Changmin and Suho also do the same thing and they all focus their attention on their beautiful Professor.

“As I was saying before your classmates interrupt me…”

Sungmin stares at Changmin and his friends’ direction. Changmin smiles at Sungmin and gives her a peace sign.

“I’m Ms. Lee Sungmin from the Literature Department and I will be your substitute Biology Professor”

Sungmin told her class. A female student raises her hand.

“Yes Ms.?”

“Kim Taeyeon”

The female student introduces herself. She stands up.

“I don’t understand Ms. Lee. If you’re from the Literature Department then how can you be our substitute Biology Professor? I mean, don’t get me wrong Ma’am, but aren’t you supposed to teach Literature or English and not Biology?”

Taeyeon asks. Sungmin nods her head.

“Thanks for your question Ms. Kim. You may now sit down”

Sungmin told her student, smiling at her. Taeyeon sits down.

“Class, to tell you honestly…”

Sungmin starts walking around the room just like a Professor giving lectures. Changmin and Minho follow her with their eyes.

“I have a degree in Biology. I graduated as a Summa Laude at Melbourne Central University”

Sungmin told her students who nod their heads, feeling amaze of her.

“Wow! That was so awesome”

Taeyeon whispers.

“After my graduation, I decided to study again. I study English and Literature at Victoria State University”

“Summa Laude too?”

Minho asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“Just a Laude. After finishing my second course, I decided to become an English Professor instead of pursuing my dream of becoming a Biologist”

Sungmin told her students.

“But why? I mean, why did you choose to become an English Professor? Being a Biologist is fun”

Sungkyu told his Professor. Sungmin smiles at him. Her smile makes Minho, Suho and Changmin shiver and desire her more.

“What’s your name sweetheart?”

Sungmin asks. Minho frowns at Sungkyu because he feels jealous when Sungmin calls him “sweetheart”.

“Kim Sungkyu Ma’am”

Sungkyu answers.

“Mr. Kim, sometimes your dream also changes. You see. I dream to become a Biologist since I was in Elementary, but things change. I fall in love in Literature and in English when I took up my Literature and English class when I was still studying Biology and that’s the reason why I study again after getting my degree in Biology. I just don’t want to disappoint my parents and that’s the reason why I finish my study in Biology first before taking up English and Literature”

Sungmin explains. Sungkyu nods his head.

“I have a question Ms. Lee”

Changmin told Sungmin while raising his hand.

“What is it Mr.?”

Sungmin asks. Changmin happily stands up.

“Shim Changmin, but please call me Max”

“Ok Max. What do you want to ask?”

Sungmin asks, smiling at her student.

“Do you have a boyfriend?”

Changmin asks happily. Some male students focus their eyes upon Sungmin, waiting for her answer.

“If you don’t have one, I can apply. You see baby. I can be the best boyfriend for you and you wouldn’t regret it. You’re going to be my future wife ok”

Changmin told Sungmin, professing his love for her. Sungmin just smiles at him.

“Please sit down Max”

“Please don’t reject me baby”

Changmin begs. Minho controls his self from laughing because Sungmin just ignores Changmin. He pulls Changmin, forcing him to sit down.

“She dumps you. Nice try”

Minho whispers to Changmin, teasing him.

“Ok. Let’s start our lesson now. Mrs. Jung inform me that your topic is about Mendelian inheritance”

Sungmin told the class while writing it down on the white board.

“So, before we discuss about Mendelian inheritance, let review first the History of genetics. So, can someone tell me how the history of gene—“

Sungmin stops talking when someone enters the room. He is a tall man wearing sunglasses, mouth mask and a cap. He didn’t even greet Sungmin. He just enters the room and sits down beside Sungkyu. He even raises his legs and rests it on top of his desk; it is as if he is just at home.

“Excuse me, but do you belong here in my class?”

Sungmin asks.

“Am I going to be here if I don’t belong in this class?”

The man asks.

“Who are you?”

Sungmin asks. The tall man suddenly stands up and removes his sunglasses, his mouth mask and his cap, showing his handsome face to Sungmin.

“You don’t know who am I?”

He asks.

“I wouldn’t ask you if I know. I’m really sorry, but I really don’t know you”

Sungmin told him, making him smirk. Sungkyu starts pulling the hem of the tall man’s polo shirt, so he wouldn’t argue with their Professor, but he just ignores him.

“You really don’t know me?”

The tall man asks, feeling irritated. He feels angry whenever people will not recognize him. Sungmin shook her head as an answer.

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun, the famous idol. How come you don’t even know me?”

Kyuhyun asks Sungmin. He introduces his self proudly. Sungmin raises an eyebrow and crosses her arms on her chest.

“Mr. Cho, please don’t expect the people to recognize you all the time. So what if you’re famous or if you’re a celebrity? Not all the people will know that and it’s not their responsibility to know you ok. Please sit down now, so I can continue discussing here”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, making his blood boil because she just humiliates him in class.

“Go Ms. Lee. Shut the out of him! Teach that arrogant boy a lesson!”

Taeyeon told Sungmin, feeling happy of what she did to Kyuhyun.

“You shut up !”

Kyuhyun told Taeyeon before focusing his attention to Sungmin.

“Mr. Cho, I told you to sit down be—“

“What if I don’t want?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungkyu suddenly feels nervous because he knows that Kyuhyun will start arguing with their Professor because he hates it whenever he gets humiliated. Kyuhyun loves to argue with their Professors because he is genius and he is stubborn. He believes that he is always right and he is the smartest person in the whole world.

“Who are you?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“She’s Lee Sungmin, the substitute Biology Professor”

One of the female students answers Kyuhyun.

“Oh! So, you will replace Mrs. Jung huh?”

Kyuhyun asks, smirking at Sungmin.

“She’s from the Literature Department. But she studies Biology in college and graduated as a Summa Laude”

The female student told Kyuhyun.

“So, you’ve got brain. Well, let’s see. Let’s see how smart the substitute Professor is since she is a Summa Laude”

Kyuhyun told his classmates while staring at Sungmin.

“Kyu, stop that ok”

Sungkyu whispers, trying to stop Kyuhyun. Changmin, Minho and Suho stop Sungkyu.

“Shut up. Just enjoy the show”

Suho told Sungkyu. Kyuhyun flashes an evil smile.

“Ms. Summa Laude, I have a question for you. How is the soilless cultivation of plants called?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin stares at him.

“Again?”

Sungmin asks because she doesn’t know what the answer is.

“How is the soilless cultivation of plants called?”

Kyuhyun asks, but Sungmin didn’t answer. Kyuhyun happily claps his hands. He walks towards Sungmin’s desk and sits on top of it. He looks at Sungmin.

“Should I repeat it again or you just don’t know the answer?”

Kyuhyun asks, flashing a teasing smile.

“Please go back to your seat Mr. Cho. I don’t know the answer to your question, so please go back—“

“How can a Summa Laude not know it?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“Hydroponics is the subset of hydroculture and is a method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions in water without soil. Terrestrial plants may be grown with their roots in the mineral nutrient solution only or in an inert medium such as perlite or gravel”

Kyuhyun proudly told Sungmin whose eyes are already getting teary because of embarrassment and anger towards Kyuhyun.

“Do you want me to discuss the History of genetics for you or maybe the Mendelian inheritance for you? You see. I understand Mendel’s Law that well. I can teach the subject for you, so you wouldn’t have a hard time Ms. Bird Brain!”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, mocking her. The students start laughing because of what Kyuhyun did. Some female students are cheering for Kyuhyun for humiliating Sungmin.

“Yah! Don’t call me Bird Brain!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, frowning at him.

“Then how do you want me to call you? Biology Professor who doesn’t have brain? That will be rude. Bird Brain is better than that”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He jumps off of the desk and moves closer to Sungmin.

“I don’t know why our Dean hires you here if your student is smarter than you. Just go back to your Department if you don’t want to meet Satan in hell”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“Learn to respect your Professor”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who just smirks at her. He moves his face closer to her. Sungmin holds her breath because she can feel Kyuhyun’s lips softly brushes to her perfect m shape lips.

“Don’t try me Ms. Bird Brain because I’m not going easy on you”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, warning her.

“I’ll take the challenge Mr. Know it all. Go back to your seat, so we can start the lesson”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who smiles at her.

“Tough girl”

Kyuhyun told his Professor. Sungmin’s eyes suddenly grow big when Kyuhyun kisses her lips. The students start cheering and clapping their hands. Kyuhyun smirks at Sungmin before walking away.

“That was rude”

Taeyeon told Kyuhyun, frowning at him.

“You’re just jealous !”

Kyuhyun told his ex-girlfriend before going back to his seat.

“That was the best thing ever”

Minho told Kyuhyun, giving him a high five.

“You ing ! Kiss my girl again and you’ll get it”

Changmin told Kyuhyun, frowning at him. Kyuhyun just smirks.

“I can’t believe you Kyu. Don’t scare our Professor like that”

Sungkyu whispers, feeling sorry for Sungmin who is trying to compose herself, so she can already continue their lesson.

“That bird brain deserves that. She’s challenging me then I’ll make her life like hell”

Kyuhyun told his friend while staring at Sungmin who is about to cry.

***

Sungmin went at the faculty room of the Medicine Department after her class in Biology. She still have time to take a rest before she returns at Chaucer Building for her English class.

“Hi, are you the substitute of Mrs. Jung?”

A female Professor asks Sungmin, smiling at her. Sungmin nods.

“Can I stay here for awhile before I go back to my Department?”

Sungmin asks.

“Of course, you’re welcome here”

She told Sungmin and accompanies her at Jaejoong’s desk.

“You can use Mrs. Jung’s desk while you’re here”

“Thank you Ms.?”

Sungmin asks. The female Professor smiles at her.

“Choi Sooyoung…Sooyoung for short”

The female Professor introduces herself, shaking Sungmin’s hand.

“Lee Sungmin. Just call me Minnie”

“Ok”

Sooyoung smiles at Sungmin before walking away. Sungmin sits on the chair. She puts her things on top of the table and sighs heavily.

“What’s with the heavy sigh and the frowning face? You’re getting ugly you know”

Sungmin raises her head and looks at the owner of the voice. The handsome doctor whom she met at the Dean’s office earlier on that day was standing beside her, smiling at her.

“Hi doctor”

Sungmin told the handsome doctor.

“It’s Kim Yesung. That’s my name. Just call me Yesung”

“Lee Sungmin. Minnie for short”

Sungmin told the handsome doctor, still feeling upset because of Kyuhyun. Yesung gets a chair and sits down beside Sungmin.

“Having a bad day?”

Yesung asks. Sungmin nods her head.

“My first day teaching Biology didn’t turn out so well because of Cho Kyuhyun”

Sungmin told Yesung, feeling embarrass all of a sudden upon remembering the question that Kyuhyun ask her and she doesn’t know the answer and when Kyuhyun kisses her lips.

“So, he went to class today?”

Yesung asks. Sungmin stares at him blankly.

“You see. Cho Kyuhyun is a famous idol. He is always busy, so he is often absent. He rarely go to school and attend his classes. But mind you, even though he is always absent, he is a very genius man. He can cope up with the lesson easily and he studies in advance”

“I know, but he is such an arrogant, bastard, hardheaded and really stubborn person!”

Sungmin told Yesung with teary eyes. Yesung laughs softly.

“That’s always the complain of his Professors. You see. He loves to argue with his Professors since he is genius. He often makes his Professors cry. Did he make you cry?”

Yesung asks. Sungmin sighs.

“Almost. It’s hard to control him and it’s hard to deal with him. Hara told me that you’re the only one who can deal with him well”

Sungmin told Yesung who happily nods his head.

“Cho Kyuhyun is just like that because he is genius and he hates people who can’t understand him or people who are stupid or whose IQ is low. You need to be tough. Don’t show him that he can bully you easily because once he feels that he can bully you then he will really bully you just like what he is doing to his other Professors”

Yesung told Sungmin.

“He is not a bad person. He is stubborn, but he is not a bad kid ok. You just need to learn how to deal with him and in order to do that, you need to show him that you’re smarter than him or you’re not stupid”

Yesung told Sungmin.

“He calls me bird brain”

Sungmin told Yesung, making him laugh.

“DOCTOR KIM!”

Sungmin shouts, frowning at Yesung.

“It’s Yesung ok”

Yesung told Sungmin. He stops laughing and looks at SUngmin whose eyes are getting teary again.

“What did he ask you?”

Yesung asks.

“How is the soilless cultivation of plants called?”

Sungmin asks Yesung.

“That’s what he ask me”

“Hydroponics is the subset of hydroculture and is a method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions in water without soil. Terrestrial plants may be grown with their roots in the mineral nutrient solution only or in an inert medium such as perlite or gravel”

Yesung answers. Sungmin stares at him with wide eyes open.

“What? Don’t tell me that you don’t know the answer?”

Yesung asks.

“Am I the only one who doesn’t know what hydroponics is?”

Sungmin asks, feeling like a loser. Yesung shrugs his shoulders as an answer.

“Oh please! Just kill me now Yesung”

Sungmin told Yesung, feeling embarrassed. She buries her beautiful face on her desk.

“Do you want to have lunch with me?”

Yesung asks. Sungmin slowly raises her head and looks at Yesung who is smiling at her.

“Just eat and forget about what happen. It’s just your first day. You can beat him in your next lesson”

Yesung told Sungmin, making her smile.

“See. You’re beautiful, especially when you smile, so don’t ever frown again Ms. Gorgeous”

Yesung told Sungmin, making her blush a little.

“Thanks Yesung”

Sungmin told Yesung. She stands up and gets her things on her desk.

“Let’s go?”

Sungmin asks. Yesung nods his head. He returns the chair to its proper place. His eyes suddenly grow big when he remembers something. He looks at his watch.

“OMO! I almost forgot”

Yesung told his self. He quickly walks towards Sungmin.

“Before we eat our lunch, we need to go somewhere first”

Yesung told Sungmin.

“Where are—“

Sungmin didn’t have the chance to finish talking because Yesung holds her hand and starts running away with her.

On the other hand, Kyuhyun is happily resting at the pavilion with his friends. Minho and Suho are happily chatting with each other while Changmin is finishing his report for their biochemistry class. Sungkyu was reading a book, studying for their next class.

“I thought you already quit smoking?”

Sungkyu asks Kyuhyun who is already smoking his second cigarette stick.

“Two sticks per day whenever I’m feeling stress. I just can’t smoke in my condo because Jonghyun hyung is visiting me there all the time. He will tell umma and appa and they don’t know that I’m smoking”

Kyuhyun told Sungkyu. He is feeling stress and that’s why he is smoking.

“Want to have a soju with me?”

Kyuhyun asks Sungkyu who quickly steals the cigarette away from him. Sungkyu throws the cigarette on the floor and steps on it.

“Soju is better than smoking. But there are a lot of things that you can do to handle stress”

Sungkyu told his friend who just smiles at him.

“Hey guys, what do you think about our substitute Professor?”

Suho asks, blushing upon remembering their y and beautiful Professor.

“Her s are bigger than her brain”

Kyuhyun told Suho.

“What the ?”

Sungkyu asks.

“You shouldn’t humiliate her in class. She’s such a nice girl Kyu. Stop bullying her. She looks innocent and she’s just a substitute for you to bully her and scare her like that”

Sungkyu told Kyuhyun, reminding him that what he did earlier to Sungmin is not appropriate and its disrespect.

“She starts it first Sungkyu. But she’s challenging me. It will be fun to play with her. She’s a tough girl”

Kyuhyun told Sungkyu happily.

“How do her lips taste like?”

Minho asks, feeling envy because Kyuhyun had the chance to kiss their Professor’s pinkish and perfect m shape lips.

“Sweet. Cherry flavor lip balm I guess”

Kyuhyun told Minho who giggles happily.

“Yah! Stop desiring her ok. She’s mine because she’s going to be my future wife”

Changmin told Kyuhyun and Minho.

“I don’t like her Max. her if you want. I don’t like girls whose s are bigger than their brain”

Kyuhyun told Changmin who raises an eyebrow.

“Why is Joo-hyun’s brain bigger than her s? She’s not even smart. I can accept Taengoo than that Journalism student who only knows how to flirt with you and put make up on her not so beautiful face”

Changmin told Kyuhyun. Minho and Suho laugh so hard. Sungkyu nods his head, agreeing with Changmin.

“Joo-hyun is not my girlfriend. I’m just flirting with her”

Kyuhyun told Changmin.

“Just go back to Taengoo”

Minho told Kyuhyun who shook his head.

“I’m not going back to that ”

“? You’re such a ing playboy and that’s the reason why she broke up with you. Remember, she caught you kissing Bae Suzy, the lovely Tourism student”

Suho told Kyuhyun, reminding him the reason why Taeyeon broke up with him.

“You can’t just be serious in girls Suho. I’m not stick to one ok. I am a playboy because I’m such a handsome guy and a genius”

“WHATEVER!!!”

Kyuhyun’s friends shout in unison.

“Hey, I’ve got an idea”

Minho told them. They look at him.

“Want to make a bet huh Kyu? If Ms. Lee become your girl then—“

“I’m not making any bet ok. I can make that bird brain fall in love with me in just three seconds. I’m not making any bet”

Kyuhyun told Minho, shaking his head.

“I don’t like her, so I’m not going to make a bet”

“Ms. Lee is mine ok”

Changmin told Minho.

“Forget it Max. I think she’s already taken”

Suho told Changmin.

“Who told you?”

Changmin asks.

“Look over there”

Suho told Changmin, pointing his finger on Sungmin and Yesung’s direction. They all look at them. Kyuhyun suddenly feels jealous when he notices that Sungmin and Yesung are holding each other’s hand and he can’t understand why.

“Yesung, slow down. I’m wearing heels ok. Where are going? I thought we’re going to have lunch?”

Sungmin told Yesung while holding on to his hand tightly, running with him.

“I’m sorry baby, but we need to run. I need to show you something first before we eat our lunch”

Yesung told Sungmin.

“See that. He even calls her baby. She just smiles at you at when you ask her if she has a boyfriend. Menaing, she has one and it’s Doctor Kim”

Suho told Changmin whose heart suddenly breaks.

“I think I need to go at the Laboratory now. See later guys”

Changmin told his friends, feeling lonely. He suddenly wants to be alone.

“Don’t hang yourself inside the laboratory. It’s ok Max. We can drink on Saturday and celebrate your broken heart”

Minho told Changmin, teasing him. Changmin just sighs and walks away.

“Is he serious about that bird brain?”

Kyuhyun asks while watching Changmin walking towards their building. Minho, Suho and Sungkyu nod at him.

“He’s in love with her”

Suho told Kyuhyun who just laugh softly.

“Ok. I need to go now”

Kyuhyun told them. He wears his mouth mask, cap and sunglasses.

“We still have Biochemistry class. You’re not going to attend it?”

Sungkyu asks.

“I will. I don’t have schedules today. I’m just going at Pulitzer building and visit my babe”

Kyuhyun happily told Sungkyu happily. He wears his backpack.

“Hey, don’t make Joo-hyun scream that loud again inside the female comfort room or else the rumor about the Pulitzer Building having ghosts will start again”

Minho told Kyuhyun.

“It’s not my fault if she screams that loud. I only do what I need to do and that is to give her pleasure and ask for more”

Kyuhyun told Minho.

“Yuck!”

Sungkyu told Kyuhyun.

“Forever alone”

Kyuhyun told Sungkyu, teasing him.

“See you guys later and make sure that Max will not hang his self in the Laboratory”

Kyuhyun told his friends. He salutes at them before walking away.

“Seriously, I really think that Kyu is no longer a . What do you think Suho?”

Minho asks. Suho shook his head as an answer. Minho looks at Sungkyu.

“I don’t know ok. Ask him if you want”

Sungkyu told Minho before standing up.

“I’ll go at the Laboratory now. You guys are making me sick”

Sungkyu told his friends before walking away.

“What’s wrong with him?”

Suho asks. Minho just smiles and shook his head.

***

Yesung and Sungmin finally arrive at the fifth floor of the Univeristy’s Library. Some people are staring at them because they are panting, catching their breaths because they run a long mile and take the stairs (since Yesung doesn’t want to take the elevator because he’s in a hurry) just to arrive at the Music Department’s Library.

“What are we doing here in the Music Department Library?”

Sungmin asks as soon as she recovers her breath. Yesung looks around and found the girl that he is stalking every Thursday at the Music Department Library.

“I finally found her. It’s good that she’s still here. I almost forgot that today is Thursday”

Yesung told Sungmin.

“Find who?”

Sungmin asks, but Yesung didn’t answer her. He quickly gets two books at the bookshelf and drags Sungmin at the table behind the two beautiful girls who are talking softly with each other. Yesung sits down and starts reading a book. Sungmin sits beside him and takes the other book and opens it.

“What are we doing here?”

Sungmin asks, talking in a soft voice while scanning the pages of the book that she’s holding. She looks at Yesung when he didn’t answer. She notices him looking at the two lovely girls who are softly chatting with each other. Sungmin finally understands why they are at the Music Department Library and why Yesung needs to read a book—he needs to use it in order to cover his face, so the girls will not notice him staring at them.

“I told you Vic. It’s going to be hard”

The innocent looking girl told the Chinese girl who is sitting beside her.

“Come on Wookie. Kyuhyun oppa is your cousin. It will be easy for you to set him up in a date with me”

“It’s not that easy Vic. Oppa is busy and I…”

Ryeowook stops talking when Victoria frowns at her.

“You’re the only one who can help me ok. Please don’t reject me. Do you still think that it will be impossible for me to become Kyuhyun oppa’s girlfriend? Well, I am your cousin too. But I am not related with him because I’m your cousin on your father’s side and he is your cousin on your mother’s side. Having a relationship with him is just fine”

Victoria told her cousin, explaining the situation to her. Ryeowook nods her head.

“I know, but oppa has a girlfriend”

Ryeowook told her cousin who rolls her eyes like a .

“Who? That Journalism student?”

Victoria asks. Ryeowook shook her head.

“Kang Seulgi. The girl whose being link to him. That’s his girlfriend and oppa told me that ok”

Ryeowook told Victoria who suddenly frowns.

“Then do everything for them to break up ok”

Victoria told Ryeowook in a very demanding manner.

“How am I supposed to do that?”

Ryeowook asks.

“I don’t know. It’s your problem, not mine. Don’t consider me as your cousin if you will fail to do that ok”

Victoria told Ryeowook before walking away, leaving Ryeowook alone.

“Yah! What is wrong with her?”

Ryeowook asks. She sighs softly and packs her things and leaves the library to chase her cousin. Sungmin looks at Yesung.

“Are we not going to follow them?”

Sungmin asks. Yesung shook his head.

“I’m already happy to see her”

Yesung told Sungmin, smiling at her. He stands up and returns the books at the bookshelf before walking towards Sungmin who is still sitting on the chair.

“Let’s have our lunch now?”

Yesung asks. Sungmin smiles at him.

“Hold my hand baby”

Yesung told Sungmin who smiles sweetly at him. Sungmin stands up and holds Yesung’s hand.

“It’s my treat since I made you run knowing that you’re wearing heels. Do you want me to give you a piggyback ride?”

Yesung asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“I’m ok. Let’s go now”

“Ok”

Yesung smiles at Sungmin. They happily leave the library while holding each other’s hands just like a couple.

***

“Can I ask you something?”

Sungmin asks Yesung who is eating his lunch happily. Yesung nods his head as an answer while carefully chewing the food in his mouth.

“Who is she?”

Sungmin asks, feeling curious. She thinks that Yesung likes the innocent and very beautiful girl with a purple headband who is having a chat with the Chinese girl inside the Music Department’s Library. Yesung stares at Sungmin blankly because he doesn’t know who the person that Sungmin is talking about.

“I’m talking about the cute innocent and very beautiful girl who is wearing a purple headband. The girl who is chatting with the Chinese girl inside the Music Department’s Library”

Sungmin told Yesung, describing Ryeowook. Yesung nods his head, indicating that he already knows what Sungmin is talking about. Sungmin gets her orange juice and takes a sip on it using the straw. Yesung looks at Sungmin who is also looking at him while taking a sip on her orange juice, waiting for him to speak.

“She’s my future wife”

Sungmin coughs, causing her to spit out the juice that she’s drinking upon hearing Yesung.

“OMO!”

Yesung gets the table napkin and gives it to Sungmin.

“Are you ok?”

Yesung asks worriedly. Sungmin nods her head while wiping with the table napkin.

“Aigoo! I’m so sorry Yesung. I’m really sorry”

Sungmin apologizes to Yesung, feeling embarrassed for spitting juice on Yesung’s dress shirt and lab gown.

“It’s ok. Don’t feel bad. It can happen sometimes. I’ll just change later. I have an extra dress shirt and lab gown in my car, so don’t worry”

Yesung told Sungmin while wiping his dress shirt and lab gown with his table napkin.

“Shock to hear that she’s my future wife?”

Yesung asks. Sungmin nods her head.

“Well, she doesn’t know me and she doesn’t know that I like her. I’m just stalking her whenever I have a chance. She’s always at the Music Department’s Library every Thursday and at the Music Theatre every Monday in the afternoon and Saturday morning until twelve noon”

Yesung told Sungmin happily.

“Wow! You know her schedules”

Sungmin told Yesung, feeling amazed because Yesung is good in stalking.

“Her name is Han Ryeowook. She’s half Chinese and half Korean. She plays the piano and harp so well, but her major is Theatre Arts. I had the chance to watch one of the musicals of the Music Department and she’s one of the lead. Her voice is beautiful, so magical and really angelic”

Yesung told Sungmin, blushing because of thinking about Ryeowook.

“How old is she?”

Sungmin asks because she thinks that Ryeowook looks young for Yesung.

“Second year college, nineteen years old”

“WHAT?”

Sungmin shouts with wide eyes open, ignoring the people who look at their direction.

“Do you really need to shout?”

Yesung asks, feeling embarrassed because some people are staring at them.

“Are you serious?”

Sungmin asks, speaking in a soft voice. Yesung nods his head as an answer.

“How old are you?”

Sungmin asks.

“Thirty two”

Yesung answers happily. Sungmin starts counting.

“Thirteen years”

Yesung told Sungmin before she can finish counting.

“Age doesn’t matter when it comes to love. I don’t care if our is thirteen years”

Yesung told Sungmin who gives him a weird glare.

“I know, but she can be your daughter because of that . I mean…she’s young and she’s a student and you’re a professor and you know very well that our University doesn’t allow romantic relationship between professor and student”

Sungmin told Yesung, reminding him about one of the many rules of SM University. Yesung nods.

“I know, but it doesn’t mean that we can never make it work. We can keep our relationship a secret. I’m going to wait for her to graduate and pursue her dreams before we get married. You see. I can always wait for her because true love waits”

Yesung told Sungmin, smiling at her.

“Your fighting spirit is really incredible”

Sungmin told Yesung.

“Hey, are you doubting me?”

Yesung asks, pouting. Sungmin shook her head and smiles at him.

“No. I really think that you’re amazing. Go for it. I’m here to support you. Just don’t let the President of the University to caught you or else it will be a big chaos”

Sungmin told Yesung. She stares at her watch.

“Aigoo! I need to go now. I need to return at Chaucer building and prepare for my English class. I’ll see you tomorrow”

Sungmin told Yesung.

“I’m not here tomorrow. I only teach here every Thursdays, but you can find me at the University’s Hospital every Mondays and in the afternoon every Saturdays”

“I see. Then, I’ll just see you next week because you’re not here tomorrow and I’m not here in the University every Saturdays since I only have class from Mondays to Fridays”

“Ok. See you next week”

Yesung smiles at Sungmin.

“Nice meeting you”

Sungmin told Yesung before standing up. She gets her things on the empty chair beside her. She looks at Yesung, smiles at him and extends her hand.

“Friends?”

Sungmin asks. Yesung nods his head and shakes Sungmin’s hand.

“Of course”

Yesung told Sungmin happily.

“Thanks for the treat. See you next week”

Sungmin told Yesung. She waves her hand to say goodbye to Yesung before leaving the place.

***

It was already five in the afternoon, Sungmin went at the Dean’s office of her Department to report to the Dean before she goes home. Sungmin softly knocks on the door to catch Junsu’s attention. Junsu stops reading and looks at the doorway. He smiles upon seeing Sungmin.

“So, how’s your first day as the substitute of noona?”

Junsu asks. Sungmin went inside his office and sits on the couch. She sighs softly.

“It’s not a good day?”

Junsu asks. Sungmin nods her head as an answer. Junsu closes the book that he’s reading and puts it on top of his desk before standing. He sits beside Sungmin.

“I have a student who is really stubborn and he doesn’t know how to respect. He’s Mr. Know it all”

Sungmin told Junsu, thinking about Kyuhyun.

“Cho Kyuhyun?”

Junsu asks. Sungmin nods her head.

“Noona is always complaining to Mr. Shin because of him. That kid is really hardheaded. Well, who can blame him? He is genius and he is famous”

Junsu told Sungmin.

“But I don’t even know him. I don’t even know that he is an idol or whatever you call it”

“For real?”

Junsu asks, feeling surprised. Sungmin nods her head.

“Why? Do I need to know? Was it my obligation to know him?”

Sungmin asks, feeling irritated.

“But he is famous”

“I don’t watch TV. I’m not even updated about celebrity news. Mr. Shin didn’t even tell me that I have a celebrity student who is really arrogant, stubborn and hardheaded. Seriously, that kid is giving me headache and because of it, I really want to kill you”

Sungmin told her childhood friend, frowning at him. Junsu laughs softly.

“I’m serious Kim Junsu!”

Sungmin told Junsu, feeling angry. Junsu holds Sungmin’s hand and softly kisses it.

“I’m sorry Minnie. I just want to help noona and I know that you can do it because you’re a smart girl and you love Biology”

“But I’m starting to hate it because of that kiddo”

Sungmin told Junsu before hugging him. She rests her head on his chest and closes her eyes to rest because she’s already feeling tired and her head is aching because of thinking a lot—her work, Kyuhyun and her wedding next week. Junsu wraps his arms around Sungmin, hugging her. Sungmin smiles when she feels Junsu’s warm embrace that always calms her whenever she’s feeling worried, sad, problematic and tired.

“You can do it Minnie. Remember, you’re the teacher and he is just your student, so never allow him to bully you. Just do the right thing ok. I have faith on you. I know that you can do it”

Junsu told his childhood friend, cheering her up. Sungmin raises her head to look at Junsu; their faces are close to each other. Junsu looks at Sungmin with love, but Sungmin quickly looks away. She moves away from Junsu and stands up.

“Sorry about that Junsu. Ah…I…”

Sungmin looks at her watch to check the time.

“Min…”

Junsu stands up and moves towards Sungmin. He holds her beautiful face. Sungmin looks at him. Junsu presses his forehead on hers.

“I’m serious”

“Junsu, we…”

Junsu presses a finger on Sungmin’s pinkish perfect m shape lips to stop her from talking.

“Shhhh…you know that I can always wait for you. I’m not pressuring you or anything. I’m waiting for you to be ready. You know that I love you since we were kids. I’m going to wait”

Junsu told Sungmin who stares at him sadly. Sungmin doesn’t know how she will tell Junsu to stop waiting for her because she only sees him as a friend and she’s already getting married next week. Junsu gently brushes his nose on hers. He was about to kiss Sungmin’s lips when Sungmin mobile phone rings. Sungmin quickly moves away from Junsu and gets her mobile phone inside her handbag. She sighs heavily when she sees the caller’s name. She takes a deep breath before answering the call.

“Mom”

“LEE SUNGMIN, WHERE ARE YOU? YOU SUPPOSED TO BE HOME BY NOW! YOU HAVE A DINNER WITH—“

“Mom, stop shouting! I can hear you!”

Sungmin told her mother angrily.

“Seriously…”

Sungmin takes a deep breath, avoiding throwing a fight with her mother.

“I’ll hang up now”

Sungmin told her mother before hanging up. She turns off her mobile phone, so Hyuk Jae can’t disturb her. She throws her mobile phone inside her handbag and takes a deep breath before looking at Junsu.

“Are you throwing a fight with Aunt Hyukkie again? Don’t tell me that my beautiful and lovely bunny is being a hardheaded kiddo again?”

Junsu asks, teasing Sungmin.

“I need to go home now”

Sungmin told Junsu.

“It’s still early and we’re going to have a dinner together, remember?”

Junsu asks. Sungmin stares at him because she already forgets about it.

“Don’t tell me that you forget about it?”

Junsu asks.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry Junsu. I…yes…I actually forget about it”

Sungmin asks, feeling guilty because she promise Junsu that they will have dinner together on that day. But she forgets everything because of thinking a lot of things. Sungmin stares at Junsu who is frowning at her.

“I’m sorry Junsu, but I really need to go home. Mom and dad want me to attend an appointment tonight and I can’t say no because they keep on bothering me about it”

“Dinner date?”

Junsu asks. Sungmin didn’t answer.

“Ok. I understand. Don’t worry. It’s ok”

Junsu told Sungmin, hiding his pain through his smile. Sungmin feels sad and really guilty because she knows that Junsu is hurt; he just doesn’t want to show it to her and he is really good in hiding his true feelings.

“We can have dinner tomorrow?”

Sungmin asks. Junsu shook his head.

“I have a meeting tomorrow”

“How about lunch?”

Sungmin asks. Junsu shook his head again.

“Don’t feel guilty Min. It’s ok. I’m busy tomorrow and next week. Let’s just have dinner when I’m already free again”

Junsu told Sungmin, making her frown.

“Yah! That’s the thing that I hate about you. You’re always busy”

Sungmin told Junsu. She gets her things on the couch.

“And that’s the reason why I don’t want to be your girlfriend”

Sungmin told Junsu before leaving his office.

“That girl is really…”

Junsu sighs.

“You don’t want to be my girlfriend not because I’m a busy person, but because you still love Siwon and I am nothing to you…just a childhood friend and you will always see me like that”

Junsu whispers sadly. He takes a deep breath and just go back to his seat and starts working again.

***

It was already seven thirty in the evening when Kyuhyun arrives in the condominium. He feels so happy because he will go out and have a date with Seulgi on that night. He is excited to see his girlfriend who is already waiting for him in her condominium. Kyuhyun’s smile suddenly vanished from his lips when he saw his parents sitting at the living room, waiting for him.

“Your manager told us that your class is until three in the afternoon only and that you don’t have any schedules today. What time is it Cho Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun’s father asks, giving him a serious look.

“Youngwoon, please don’t throw a fight with your son ok”

Kyuhyun’s mother whispers softly.

“Your son is always giving me a headache Teukie dear. He is such a hardheaded kid”

Youngwoon whispers to his wife.

“But still…just hold your temper. I don’t want you and Kyu to fight again”

Teukie told her husband. Youngwoon sighs to calm his self.

“How did you know my security code?”

Kyuhyun asks his parents because as far as he is concern, he already changes his security code so his parents can no longer visit him in his condominium because he hates to see his father. Kyuhyun and Youngwoon are not in good terms because Youngwoon is against Kyuhyun’s dream on becoming an idol. He wants Kyuhyun to become a doctor like him and like his grandparents, but Kyuhyun hates. Youngwoon just forces him to study medicine and become a doctor.

“Your manager told us”

Teukie told her son. Kyuhyun sighs.

“Jonghyun hyung is really…aish!”

Kyuhyun thought while frowning at his parents.

“Why are you here? I told you that I’m old enough and I can already take good care of myself. You don’t need to babysit me”

Kyuhyun told his parents, still frowning at them. Youngwoon stands up and moves towards his son.

“Is that the way you should talk to your parents? This is the only time that we’re going to see you again. You don’t visit the house to see us. You don’t even care that your mom is worried about you”

Youngwoon told his son, giving him a serious glare.

“Take a bath and fix yourself. You’re going to have a dinner date with—“

“I’m not going to have a dinner date with someone. I’m going to have a date with my girlfriend”

Kyuhyun told his father.

“No! That girl is not your girlfriend. You need to go at Shilla Hotel and have a date with Minnie. She’s your soon to be wife”

“SOON TO BE WHAT?”

Kyuhyun shouts upon hearing his father. Teukie stands up and walks towards her son. She happily wraps her hands around Kyuhyun’s arm.

“Sweetheart, you’re getting married next week”

Teukie told her son happily.

“What? Are you guys insane? Who told you that I’m getting married next week?”

Kyuhyun asks, feeling confused. Teukie giggles happily. She holds her son’s handsome face between her hands and smiles at him.

“Your dad and I arrange your marriage. You will be marrying Minnie. She’s a very beautiful girl and really smart. She’s the daughter of our good friends and you’re going to have dinner with her—“

“I’M NOT GOING TO MARRY HER!!! I DON’T WANT!!!”

Kyuhyun shouts, moving away from her mother.

“CHO KYUHYUN!”

Teukie frowns at her son.

“You will follow me and your dad whether you like it or not. Now, go inside your room. Take a bath and prepare yourself for your dinner date with Minnie. Don’t try me Cho Kyuhyun or you’ll get it!”

Teukie told Kyuhyun, staring at him seriously. Kyuhyun takes a deep breath.

“I really hate you and appa!”

Kyuhyun told his mother before going inside his room, banging the door so loud, indicating that he is angry.

“You spoil him that much when he was still a kid and that’s why he is like that. Such an arrogant man”

Youngwoon told his wife.

“Make sure that he will go at Shilla Hotel and have a dinner with Minnie. I need to go now. I still have work”

Youngwoon told his wife who nods at him. He kisses Teukie before leaving Kyuhyun’s condominium.

“Seriously, when will they stop hating each other that much?”

Teukie asks herself, hoping that Youngwoon and Kyuhyun will already be in good terms soon.

***

Sungmin is already drinking her second glass of wine. She looks at her mobile phone to check the time.

“I thought my dinner with that Kyu guy is at eighth and it’s already nine thirty in the evening. I’m already waiting here for one and a half hour. Seriously, what kind of man he is? He is making a woman wait for him. Where is that Kyu guy huh?”

Sungmin asks before taking a sip on her wine. She’s already feeling irritated because she’s already waiting for a long time for her date to arrive.

“Five more minutes and if that Kyu guy will not show up after five minutes then I’m going to—“

Sungmin stops talking when she sees a tall man wearing an all black outfit, sunglasses and cap enters the room.

“What is that weird man doing here?”

Sungmin asks. She was shock when the man sits with her.

“Excuse me”

Sungmin speaks to catch the man’s attention. He looks at her.

“What is she doing here?”

Kyuhyun thought while staring at Sungmin who looks so beautiful and y in her red dress.

“What the hell are you doing here bird brain?”

Kyuhyun asks, removing his sunglasses and his cap. Sungmin’s cute doe eyes grow big upon seeing Kyuhyun who looks really handsome in black.

“Yah! Are you following me you arrogant, stubborn and hardheaded kiddo?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun raises an eyebrow.

“Why will I follow a bird brain like you? I don’t have any interest in stalking an ahjumma whose breats are bigger than her brain”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, earning a slap from her.

“You’re making my blood boil you stubborn kid!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, making him smile. Kyuhyun really feels happy whenever Sungmin is getting pissed off because of him.

“What are you doing here bird brain with big ies?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“YAH! DON’T CALL ME A BIRD BRAIN! MY BRAIN IS BIGGER THAN MY S!”

Sungmin shouts angrily. Kyuhyun smiles brightly to more.

“I’m the one who supposed to ask you. What are you doing here stubborn, arrogant and hardheaded kiddo?”

Sungmin asks.

“I’m not lost like you. Do you want me to call for a help, so you can already find your destination? You see. I’m just concern because you have a bird’s brain and that’s why you’re lost”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, teasing her happily.

“I’m not lost! I’m waiting for someone here and—“

Sungmin stops talking. She looks at Kyuhyun with wide eyes open.

“Don’t tell me that you’re Kyu?”

Sungmin asks.

“Cho Kyuhyun. Kyu for short. You’re really stupid huh? No wonder that—“

Kyuhyun stops talking. He looks at Sungmin.

“Minnie?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods her head.

“! NO WAY!”

Kyuhyun and Sungmin shout at each other.

“There’s no way that I’m going to marry a stubborn, arrogant and hardheaded kiddo like you!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun.

“As if I want to marry a bird brain ahjumma like you!”

“I’M NOT AN AHJUMMA!!! I’M JUST TWENTY EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!”

Sungmin shouts angrily.

“Yah! Tell your parents to cancel the wedding next week”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who shook his head.

“What if I don’t want?”

Kyuhyun asks, smiling at Sungmin whose eyes are already getting teary because of anger.

“YAH!”

Sungmin shouts. Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin while smiling brightly. He really finds Sungmin cute whenever he is about to cry.

“Stop being choosy Ms. Bird Brain. You see. You’re very lucky that your parents know how to choose a husband for you. I am a genius, handsome and really rich. I can be a good husband to you ahjumma”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, teasing her more.

“Please kill me now. I rather die than to marry you!”

“Oh! Don’t be so harsh on me Bird Brain”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, laughing softly.

“I really hate you”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who leans closer to her.

“I hate you more Ms. Bird Brain”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before capturing her lips, stealing a kiss from her.

“You love cherry don’t you?”

Kyuhyun asks because Sungmin’s lips taste like a sweet cherry.

“!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun before slapping him. Kyuhyun just smiles at her.

“I REALLY HATE YOU!”

Sungmin shouts. She drinks her wine in one gulp. She gets her mobile phone and her black clutch bag and stands up.

“Where are you going bird brain? We’re just about to start our dinner”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin happily.

“I hate you! If you want to have dinner then go ahead. I don’t want to have a dinner with you! I’m not going to marry you, get that?”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, controlling her tears from falling because of anger. Kyuhyun pouts.

“That was so unfortunate. I’m really looking forward to marry you and become a good husband to you”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin in a sarcastic manner, still teasing his professor who is already about to cry.

“It’s ok baby. You can cry now because once we’re already married to each other, you will already live in hell”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, giving her a serious look.

“Ahhhhhh!!!”

Sungmin whines before leaving the room.

“Ha!”

Kyuhyun gets Sungmin’s empty glass and pours wine on it. He happily takes a sip.

“This is getting interesting”

Kyuhyun whispers, flashing an evil smile.