Best Friends

Best Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinB? Please don't go. I want to talk to you.

 

Yerin and SinB have been friends since forever.

Their first meeting was when Yerin's mother her friend came over and brought her daughter with her. The girl looked cold and distant, but as Yerin talked more to her and got to know her she learned that SinB was actually one of the warmest persons she'd ever known.

SinB's mom started coming over to their house more frequently and brought her daughter with her everytime as she knew that SinB and Yerin had befriended each other, but after a while SinB just came over on herself, staying over for sometimes more than a week in a row. Yerin's house was like a second home to her, just as SinB's house was a second home to Yerin.

Yerin and SinB always trusted each other deeply, telling each other their biggest secrets and sharing everything that was on their mind. Since they didn't go to the same school they started with talking about their week each time they came over, updating each other about everything that has been going on in their lives.

They'd watch movies until late in their pillow fort under blankets, several snacks on their lap, snacks that ended up being all over the room as they laughed or screamed thanks to the movies they watched.

SinB dragged Yerin with her to do things Yerin'd normally never do, like bungee jumping or paragliding, but Yerin would do it anyways since she knew she'd always end up having fun if it was with SinB.

They always turned to each other for everything, their problems or questions, but they had one strict rule: never talk about love related topics, since Yerin and SinB both didn't have any interest in that kind of stuff.

 

One day, Yerin's mom proposed that she and SinB would go to the same highschool. Yerin was ecstatic and immediately called SinB to tell her about this idea her mom had, who apparently had also just heard the same idea from her mom, both happy that they'd finally be able to go to the same school. Changing schools was pretty tricky, so they decided on just staying at the same middle school as they were already attending, but high school finally gave them the opportunity to go to the same school.

 

To say that Yerin was excited for the first day of school was a serious understatement.

As soon as she reached the entrance she saw SinB leaning against the wall, casually looking around while waiting for Yerin. Yerin sneaked up on her suddenly hugging her out of nowhere, making SinB flinch and squirm but soon give in as she was just as excited as Yerin was.

Yerin's friends from middle school also went to the same high school, so she happily introduced SinB to her friends that were happy to finally meet "The girl that Yerin always talks about", making Yerin embarassed and whine. SinB got along quickly with her friends and perfectly blended in with their group, and also became quite popular with the other people at school, both boys and girls. She was pretty after all, Yerin thought. Instead of feeling jealous that SinB was liked by so many people she felt proud, since SinB looks like a cold and distant person on the outside she was afraid that she wouldn't get along with the rest of her class, but that luckily wasn't the case.

Even though SinB had many new friends other than Yerin and her group, she still spend most of her time with Yerin, as in 98% of the time. Normally SinB's friends that also wanted to spend time with her would get jealous or make remarks at how much they were together, but instead, everyone felt like they had to be together or it wouldn't be right. You didn't necessarily have to see them walking through the hallways constantly holding hands or being clingy all the time to know that they had a really close relationship.

Yerin loved SinB and never wanted to lose her, the person that has always been there for her and made her feel like the luckiest person in the world for having someone like her in her life.

 

They were best friends after all.

 

 

"Say ah." Yerin said as she held her chopsticks out to SinB, feeding her the fried rice she made yesterday.

"Is it good?" SinB nodded cutely chewing the rice Yerin made, making her smile and hold her hand as she continued eating.

 

"Yah, get a room you two!" Sowon said, receiving a glare from SinB, Tom and Jerry were at it again. Yerin just laughed, her friends have always been like this. They knew SinB and she have always been clingy, but they liked to tease them about it. Usually Yerin'd say something like "Don't say that, it's weird" to brush it off, but lately she doesn't even say anything to it anymore since they'd continue doing it anyways, and it's not like she cared.

SinB was sad when they heard that she and Yerin ended up in different classes, but Yerin said that it was ok since they'd be together again after school and could eat lunch together, even though she was sad about it too. It would have been nicer if SinB was in the same class, but Yerin always looked forward to when school ended, she'd run towards the lockers where she'd find SinB waiting for her, often complaining that she's slow but still smiling once she sees her.

 

As the bell rung Yerin sprinted off to the lockers again, where SinB was waiting for her while talking to Umji, a classmate from SinB. As Umji and SinB turned their head towards Yerin they stopped talking, Umji bidding goodbye to SinB and Yerin after she quickly said something to SinB which sounded like goodluck, but Yerin didn't understand clearly since there was a lot of ruckus thanks to all the students that were talking with their friends and that were going home.

Yerin quickly grabbed her books and put them in her bag, linking her arm with SinB as they walked outside. SinB was unusually quiet as they were walking, making Yerin wonder why.

 

"Is something wrong?" She asked, making SinB look at her.

"Not really. Can I stay over?" She asked, just out of politeness though since they stayed over at each other's house so often that it'd make more sense for them to tell each other if they weren't staying over.

"Sure."

 

"Mom, we're home!" Yerin yelled as they entered the house, receiving a groan as an answer. Her mother had late shifts so she'd often end up sleeping on her free days, as if her day and night were reversed. Even though Yerin's mom was often away for work she never felt lonely since SinB would always come over, or she'd go to SinB's house.

SinB let herself fall on Yerin's bed, making Yerin laugh at her dorkiness.

"Yerin."

"Mhm?"

"I need to tell you something."

Yerin sat down on her bed, next to SinB who was currently lying on her stomach with her face pressed into Yerin's pillow, making her voice sound muffed.

 

"I think I like someone."

"What?!" Yerin suddenly yelled, making her slap her hand over as she didn't want to wake her mom up.

"What? Since when, who?" She repeated, whispering this time.

"Someone from our school you don't know. And I don't know, a while ago. Around the time that school started I think." Yerin was shocked as SinB told her this, since when did she suddenly take an interest in guys? What about their rule?

And wait, a while ago? Why didn't Yerin notice it?

Yerin was surprised and sad at the same time. They used to be against all love-related topics and said that they'd never be interested in guys, but apparently that had changed for SinB. She felt kind of left behind, but she'd still support SinB.

Yerin's thoughts were interrupted as SinB suddenly sat up, looking at Yerin.

 

"Sorry for suddenly brining this up, you were the first person that came to mind to talk about this."

"No, it's okay, I'm just surprised." Yerin reassured her as she smiled at SinB, happy that she's the first one SinB told.

"..Can I ask you something? This sounds super lame, but you know I at stuff like this. What do you do in a relationship?"

 

..

 

Yerin burst out laughing, making SinB whine.

"Yah, don't laugh! Do you even know it yourself??" She said, a faint blush on her cheeks as Yerin was still laughing.

Yerin, wiping a tear away that rolled down her cheek from laughing as she finally calmed down a bit, looked at SinB who was sheepishly sitting on her bed, trying not to crack up again, failing tremendously as she suddenly loudly snorted.

"It wasn't even that funny stop laughing! Do you or not?"

"Sorry, sorry, oh god. Uh.." Yerin put her face in her hands, thinking about SinB's question. The both of them were inexperienced, but she didn't want to admit that she didn't know the answer to her question after laughing at her. Who'd know this..?

SinB looked confusedly at Yerin as she suddenly reached out for her phone, rappidly tapping on her screen.

"What are you doing?"

"Calling Sowon."

"You laughed at me even though you don't know it yourself??" SinB complained, interrupted by Yerin as she suddenly started to speak to the person on the other side of the phone.

 

"Yerin?"

"Sowon, what do people in a relationship do?"

"What?? Where does this question suddenly come from??" It was clear Sowon was bright red right now from the way she was talking in that high pitched tone.

"Uhm.. They hold hands and.. Kiss and well, you know what comes after that.. Why are you even asking me this??"

"No reason, thanks!" Yerin ended the call quickly, avoiding any other questions from the girl.

 

"What did she say?" SinB asked curiously.

"Hold hands and.. Kiss." Even though she didn't get embarassed when Sowon said it, saying it out loud was different.

"..Okay, this sounds super weird but.. Could you like, help me with that?"

"Like practice?" SinB nodded.

"..Sure."

 

As Yerin suddenly felt the warm touch of SinB's hand wrapping around her own hand she felt her cheeks getting red, heart beating loudly in her chest even though them holding hands wasn't anything special since they did it pretty much everyday. When she looked at SinB she saw that her face was just as red as hers, her other hand nervously clasping on her shirt.

Yerin wondered who the guy was that had been able to capture the heart of the usually-so-cold SinB, but she felt happy for her that she liked someone who made her feel like this.

 

"This is so embarassing." SinB said, laughing at how they were both nervously sitting there even though they normally did this all the time, making Yerin chuckle.

 

"Okay, so uh.. So next is..?" She suddenly said after a while, making Yerin look wide eyed at her.

"..You want to practice that too?"

"It's okay if you don't want to, sorry for pressu-"

"No no, it's alright, I was just surprised." Yerin said, receiving a nod from SinB.

 

"..Okay, close your eyes.." SinB whispered, slowly turning her body to Yerin. Yerin nervously closed her eyes, heart beating faster as she felt the bed shifting as SinB leaned closer towards her. She was able to smell the sweet fragrance of SinB's perfume as she came closer, suddenly feeling something soft gently pressing against her lips as SinB's hands cupped her face. It was a soft and tender kiss and only lasted for a few seconds until their lips broke apart, leaving the both of them staring at each other.

 

"..That was my first kiss." Yerin whispered.

"Mine too."

Yerin's heart was loudly throbbing, but at the same time she felt sadness that she couldn't exactly place.

Someone else would experience and feel the same thing as she just did, and everytime she thought about that she felt a sharp pain in her chest.

 

"I know that it's too late to ask this but, are you sure that was ok?" SinB asked as she noticed that Yerin's mood suddenly slightly dropped.

 

"Yeah, that's what best friends are for right?" Yerin said, smiling at SinB.

 

But SinB didn't immediately smile back like she usually always does. She had a blank expression for a few milliseconds before giving a weak smile, retaining her hand that was still on Yerin's face.

"It's already late, we should go to sleep." SinB said after a while, breaking the silence they were in.

Yerin was confused by her strange behavior but she decided to drop it, if SinB had something on her mind she'd always end up telling Yerin.

That's the kind of friends they were.

 

 

Yerin accidentally fell asleep while waiting for SinB to come out of the bathroom, but when she woke up she saw that she was wearing her pajamas even though she must have fallen asleep with her clothes on. Since she always f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter