Close Call

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo left after having the converstaion with Jennie. Jennie took a deep breath and let it out slowly, deep in thought. She briefly wondered if she should stop this- should stop helping Jisoo before she got in too deep. But, then again, maybe she was already in too deep at this point.

Jennie held her phone in her hand, contemplating calling Jisoo to make sure she got home safely. She wasn't sure if that was going too far, if she was sending signals that she wanted her completely back in her life. Because she didn't- at least, that's what Jennie kept telling herself.

Jennie was saved from debating when she suddenly got a call. She looked at the ID, feeling slight disappointment wash over her at it being Chaeyoung and not someone else. She answered.

"Hello?" Jennie said.

"Hey!" Chaeyoung said, sounding much happier than the previous day. Jennie smiled at her cheery tone.

"What's got you so happy?" Jennie said, curious.

There was a slight pause on the other end. Jennie could hear a faint giggle in the background that sounded like Lisa. Jennie raised an eyebrow as she waited for a reply.

"Oh, no reason, really." Chaeyoung finally replied, the smile evident in her voice. Jennie wasn't buying that, but decided not to push.

"Okay, then. Was there something you wanted?" She said.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out to eat with Lisa and I. You haven't left your apartment much lately, so..." Chaeyoung trailed off. Jennie smiled- Chaeyoung could be so cute sometimes.

"Sure. When and where?" Jennie said.

"Yay! We'll come get you now and the where is a surprise." Chaeyoung said, happiness seeping into her voice. Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Fine, fine. I'll get ready. See you soon." Jennie said, Chaeyoung slipping in a small goodbye before she hung up. Jennie sighed and went to her room, picking out some clothes and changing into them after having a quick shower. Just as she finished brushing her hair and putting makeup on, she heard her door opening.

"Unnie, come on!" Lisa shouted. Jennie heard the sound of someone being smacked and chuckled. She made her way out of her room and to her front door, seeing Lisa rubbing her stomach where Chaeyoung smacked her. Chaeyoung turned to her and smiled.

"Ready?" Chaeyoung said. Jennie nodded and the trio made their way out of the apartment and to the elevator. They walked out of the elevator and through the lobby, exiting the apartment building and getting into Lisa's car. After several minutes, they made it to where they were going to eat- The Sushi Angel. Jennie whipped her eyes over to Chaeyoung, who just smiled.

"What? This place is good. Besides, Lisa and I had our first date here just like you and Seulgi. This isn't a fast one on you- we just like to eat here. Cross my heart and hope to die." Chaeyoung said, giggling at Jennie's expression. Jennie visibly relaxed and smiled, getting out of the car and following the two of them into the restaurant. Yeri bounded up to them immediately.

"Hello-" she began to say, but her eyes caught sight of Jennie behind the pair. "Jennie unnie!" she shouted, hugging the girl tightly. Jennie blinked in surprise and hugged Yeri back, patting her back gently. Yeri pulled away.

"It's nice to see you too, Yeri." Jennie said, chuckling at the younger girl. Yeri beamed and gestured for the trio to follow her, bringing them to a table somewhat in the middle. She left menus for them on the table as the trio ordered their drinks- all waters. Yeri left them alone.

"So, is there a special occasion I don't know about? Why did we come here?" Jennie asked the couple, looking at them both across the table. Their hands were intertwined on the table, Lisa rubbing her thumb on Chaeyoung's hand.

"We just wanted to hang out with you. Is that so hard to believe?" Chaeyoung replied. Jennie narrowed her eyes. Yeri returned shortly after, giving them their drinks and asking what they wanted to eat. They ordered three Wonton soups and several types of rolls. Yeri left them again.

"I guess not. But why here?" Jennie said. She could see Chaeyoung getting antsy at all her questions- clearly something was going on. Chaeyoung looked at Lisa, who just smiled at her and nodded reassuringly, making Chaeyoung take a deep breath.

"We'll tell you after dinner, okay?" Chaeyoung said. Jennie was skeptical, but nodded and let it go for the time being. Once their food came, silence surrounded them as they ate- Jennie doing so slightly faster due to the curiousity eating away at her at what they wanted to tell her. Butterflies flew around in her stomach at the possibilities of what they were going to say, not all of them good. She finished before them and she crossed her arms, leaning back in her seat to wait for them to finish. Which took much longer, considering they would constantly be feeding each other and giggling. They were cute- no doubt about that- but Jennie just wanted answers already.

After what seemed like ages, they both finished and leaned back in their seats, hands finding each other once again. Jennie waited for them to speak.

"Well, there's a reason we called you here." Chaeyoung began, glancing at Lisa. Lisa squeezed her hand to encourage her to continue. Chaeyoung met Jennie's eyes and Jennie could see the happiness in them, the smile already consuming her face as she opened .

"Lisa and I are getting married." Chaeyoung said, tears already collecting in her eyes. Jennie blinked, thinking she misheard her. Only then did Jennie realize as she looked down at their hands that they had matching bands on their fingers, nothing super fancy but beautiful regardless. Jennie stared at their fingers in disbelief, then met Chaeyoung's eyes from across the table. At Jennie's lack of response, the smile slipped from her face and her eyes were replaced with ones of fear- nervousness.

"We- we don't have a date yet. This is just- an engagement." Chaeyoung said quickly, thinking that Jennie wasn't going to approve.

Jennie suddenly let out the biggest smile, squealing and standing up quickly to reach over and hug them both.

"Guys, I'm so happy for you!" S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter