A Late Night Visit

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie was cooking dinner when Jisoo finally woke up. The girl had been napping since Jennie left earlier in the day and when she sat up groggily on the couch, rubbing her eyes sleepily, the smell of Kimchi fried rice filled her nostrils. Jennie glanced over briefly at the older girl, who was still sitting on the couch, before returning her gaze to the food she was making.

"Good sleep?" Jennie asked. Jisoo blinked several times and then finally looked over at Jennie in the kitchen. A sleepy smile made it's way to her lips and she nodded cutely, stretching her arms out above her head. Her bed head looked cute. Not that Jennie had been staring or anything- obviously not.

"Definitely." Jisoo said, voice rough from sleep. Jennie kept her eyes on the fried rice, which was just about done. She heard footsteps and felt a presence just behind her. She glanced back and saw Jisoo sitting at the table, watching her as she cooked. Jennie looked away quickly and focused on not burning the food. She took note of how domestic this seemed- Jennie cooking dinner for them, Jisoo waiting for it. She shook her head to get rid of those thoughts, turning the stove off when the fried rice was ready.

Jennie pulled out two plates for the both of them, placing one in front of Jisoo and one for her on the opposite end. She dished out the food and left the rest on the counter, finally sitting down.

"How was your day today?" Jisoo asked suddenly, breaking the silence. Jennie saved herself from answering by taking a bite of her food- praising herself at how good it tasted. Once she swallowed, she glanced up at Jisoo. The girl was digging into her own food, cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk. Jennie tried not to think it was cute.

She cleared . "It was good. I had lots of fun." Jennie said. Jisoo nodded along as she spoke, seemingly half listening and half focusing on eating her food.

"That's good." Jisoo said with a mouth full of food. "Where did you go?" she asked.

"Han River." Jennie replied. Jisoo nodded again, more slowly this time as she swallowed her food.

"Sounds romantic." Jisoo mumbled, so quiet that if Jennie wasn't as close as she was she wouldn't have heard it. Jennie hummed and continued eating her food. She almost choked at Jisoo's next question.

"Do you love that girl?" Jisoo suddenly asked, not looking up from her food as she spoke. Jennie coughed a little, taking a sip of water to avoid answering for as long as possible. Jennie thought for a moment, wondering what exactly her feelings were for Seulgi- she liked her, she definitely did. She didn't doubt that for a second. But love? She never really thought about it. Seulgi was sweet- charming, cute, a gentlewoman- many things Jennie liked in a woman. She was caring and beautiful. Jennie really liked her.

"Um... Well, I really like her. A lot." Jennie said, voice somewhat strained because of her almost choking earlier. Jisoo nodded, finally looking up to meet Jennie's eyes.

"That's not what I asked." Jisoo said to her, staring into her eyes. Silence fell upon them, the two staring at each other. Jennie could feel her heart pounding, the change in atmosphere making her nervous. Jisoo continued to stare at her, studying her. It made her even more nervous- she made her nervous. She didn't like that.

"Seulgi's great. I like her. The rest is none of your business." Jennie said, ending the topic once and for all. Jisoo didn't react, as if she expected that reaction from her. Jennie hated how Jisoo could predict her- even after all this time.

"Fair enough." Was all Jisoo said before focusing on her food again, finishing it off and placing the dish in the sink. Jennie watched her as she went to sit on the couch again, turning on the TV. Jennie huffed and finished her food as well, placing her plate in the sink for later. She leaned against the counter on her hands, staring into the sink. She wasn't sure what to do with herself- did she sit with Jisoo? Watch TV as if everything was normal? Or should she go to her bedroom, leave the girl alone?

Jennie was saved when her phone went off, the girl quickly answering it to have something to do.

"Hello?" Jennie said.

"Hey! I've been trying to reach you. Are you okay? You stormed out of the restaurant the other day." Chaeyoung said on the other line. Jennie felt guilt in her heart for doing that to her best friend- she completely forgot she just up and left them after their big news.

"I'm sorry I bailed- something happened and I couldn't deal with it." Jennie explained. "It had nothing to do with your news, I promise. I'm really happy for you guys." she said, a smile on her face. She heard a giggle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter