1 - Whiskey.

Someone new.

Chapter one.

 

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

Every muscle in her body was already sore from the tension. Her head was throbbing, but the physical pain was nothing compared to the feeling when she saw her lover with another girl. 

 

 

 

"I don't understand," Chanyeol spoke, putting the glass of whisky down from his lips. "Where is everyone?" 

Tonight wasn't so succeesful for "The Growl" - the small bar near the old train station, their favorite place in the whole world. 

This place was opened when they were little kids, so it holds a lot of meaning to them - the group of four best friends. 

Sehun, Chanyeol and Jongdae have known each other since middle school, while Seorin only got to know Jongdae first, while they were both studying in London. After the studies Jongdae convinced Sehun and Chanyeol that Seorin was cool and as they all began living together, two months later, Seorin was like a family member to all of them.


"Apparently," Sehun, who had the honor to work as a bartender at "The Growl", smiled ironically as he began wiping the counter, "the new bar across the street offers free drinks to girls tonight. Knowing that all the girls are going to be there, all men went there as well."

"Typical," Seorin laughed. "Maybe I should go there for a free drink too, maybe I'll find a man as well."

"You have three perfect men here, Seorin." Chanyeol winked. 

The rest of them shook their heads before the sound of a suitcase hitting the stairs reached their ears. 

Soon, a young girl pushed the door of the bar open and stood there dumbfounded for a moment. 

She nodded towards the group of friends before walking fully through the door. She noticed a board of ads and quickly nipped off one of the hanging numbers.

Chanyeol purred, "Did she just take my number?"

Sehun furrowed his brows, looking at the girl, "She is not going to be our new roommate."

Seorin bent over the bar to punch his shoulder, "Why not? She looks nice."

"She looks like a mess," Sehun corrected. 

"Maybe she's...hello." Jongdae smiled as the girl approached the bar.

She nodded, "Hi."

Pulling her suitcase after her, she pushed it towards the rack for coats, "Can I leave it here?" She turned to the bartender who was already glaring at her.

"Whatever," he said. 

"Rude," Jihyun mumbled under her breath and took a seat next to Chanyeol. 

In better lighthing, it was obvious that she had been crying as her mascara had turned into a smouldering eye look, her cheeks were flushed and the bottom lip was bitten so many times that it still had rushing blood out of it.

Seorin shared a concerned look with Jongdae and then Sehun, but Sehun shrugged it off and lifted his eyebrows at the girl. 

"What would you like?" He asked.

"Whiskey," Jihyun whispered, but by the look on Sehun's face, it seemed as though he didn't hear what she said. 

"Could you speak up-"

"She said whiskey," Chanyeol cut Sehun off.

Sehun rolled his eyes before walking up to Seorin with the bottle and a glass.

"Leave the bottle," Jihyun reached out and grabbed onto Sehun's hand, both of them staring into each other's eyes. 

Sehun could clearly see that she had a rough night.

Seorin once again looked at Jongdae, nudging him a bit, but neither of them knew what to do or say.

"My kind of woman!" Chanyeol grinned widely before clinking his glass with hers. 

 

 

 

 

 

"We should ask her," Jongdae said.

They all looked at the girl who settled at one of the bar tables, drinking alone and wiping her eyes with a tissue once in a while. 

"Ask her what?" Sehun scoffed, "There are plenty of people who come in here and drink by themselves, should we ask all of them how they are doing?"

"Sehun," Seorin sighed, "The girl obviously had been crying and is on the verge of a breakdown right now, she has a suitcase with her, which could mean that she is running away or maybe someone threw her out. You can't be so heartless."

"I'm not heartless," Sehun laughed, "I'm just minding my own business." 

"Or maybe you just don't want to have a new roommate." Jongdae smirked. "She took Chanyeol's phone number and there is a good chance that she's going to call."

"Until she does-" Sehun's gaze suddenly shifted to the side. "For 's sake, Chanyeol."

 

 


"Hey-" 

"Jongin?!" She jolted as she felt a hand on her shoulder. 

Lifting her crystal eyes up at the guy who sat next to her before, Jihyun sighed.

"Actually, I'm Chanyeol," he chuckled quietly before sitting next to her. "I hope this isn't rude."

She shook her head and looked down.

"Well then," Chanyeol smiled warmly as he reached out to push all the hair from her face that she was trying to hide. "Tell me what bastard hurt you."