From Unlucky to Lucky

Bad luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somi POV:

 

Since the meeting with Doyeon I still can’t believe what I did. I don’t even know where did I get all that confidence from, but I teased and made flustered one of the coldest girl at school.

Doyeon isn’t popular, but from what I heard she is blunt and looks like she could freeze you with her gaze. But I don’t see that at all, I have seen her talk with Yoojung and they are always laughing or teasing each other, and from what I saw that Friday, Doyeon isn’t cold at all, her eyes where sparkling with that photo. Another thing I also noticed from her eyes was sadness, which made me wonder why.

On the other side, I also noticed some really strange things from her. I don’t know how to put it, but she seems like a really distracted person. She didn’t understand or hear some of the things I told her. When I saw her hiding behind the tree, I called her thinking it was one of my friends. I noticed it wasn’t and proceed to talk about the time she ignored me, but she didn’t seem to catch at all what I said at first. Same thing happened when I searched for the photo in my backpack. Then I spoke again meanwhile she looked at her picture, but she appeared to be so immersed that I had to pull a little her skirt to catch her attention.

Doyeon made me feel so curious about her, I want to get to know her better, and she is so fun to pick on, her reactions are cute. I’m normally not like this, but this girl makes me not act like my normal self.

Right after the Friday encounter, the next school day, being Monday, I searched for Doyeon. I won’t let her forget me too fast, I ask some people and they tell me she is in history. Being still early, I walk to her class meanwhile some people get surprised to see me there, because I don’t have any class near this side of the school.

I enter the classroom and I see Doyeon sitting at the back of the class with her usual red earphones. I approach her.

“Good morning” I say while she looks at her book. But she doesn’t answer back and continues looking at it. Is she ignoring me?

“Are you there?” I say as I poke her hand that is supporting her head. She reacts and opens her eyes when she sees me in front of her.

“What are you doing here?” she questions with a taken aback tone and whispering.

“I came to see you, let’s just say you are fun to be around” I say as I smile. I’m not lying, she is really captivating, and I have initiated to have a liking for her.

“I seriously don’t get you… and I don’t have anything against you, but can we speak another time? you attract everyone’s attention, just look around the classroom and you will notice” she says clearly uncomfortable with all the eyes directed toward us.

“I know, I’m already used to it, just ignore them, but isn’t it easy for you too? You seem like a distracted person” I ask remembering all the times she didn’t hear me talking to her.

“Ye-es, but it’s different one person from the whole school” she says cracking her voice a little. This cool and collect Doyeon I heard of is just a nervous and cute person, I think no one has actually talked to her before. I’m glad thought, that way I can be the only one who truly knows her.

“Since you undoubtedly show you are uncomfortable, let’s meet during lunch? In the same spot we talked this Friday” I suggest her.

“Why would I go?” she asks.

“Because I can see you like me” I whisper with a confidence that I never knew I had. In less than a second I see a bright red Doyeon and I smile at the fact that I can make her like that. “I have to go now, class will start soon. You better come, or prepare for the worst” and she barely manages to say a ‘bye, see you’ as I leave the class.

 

Poor Doyeon, I think I’m tormenting her too much. She might even start hating me, but I enjoy seeing her nervous so much, she is the definition of adorable. She can be taller than me but she is so coy around me, and not intimidating at all.

Lunch came fast and as soon as it started I ran to the bench outside of school. Almost no one comes at this hour because everyone is eating lunch inside, and since I eat at home I prefer to enjoy that time alone. But I definitely don’t mind Doyeon’s company.

Speaking about Doyeon, I don’t think I’m in love with her, that would be too soon, but I’m sure I’m starting to develop some feelings for her.

“Hello” says someone taking me out of my train of thoughts, I look up and it’s Doyeon, without noticing a grin forms in my face.

“Hi, and please sit” I tell her pointing out the left side of the bench, which is empty for her. She does as indicate and sits.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” she asks looking at me, or more specifically at my lips, is she trying to do something or?

“Nothing, I’m just fond of your company and invited you here” I say honestly.

“Someone is a sweet talker” she says with a smile.

“It’s the truth” I say while looking at the front. I just receive a weak ‘right’ as an answer, why does her mood sometimes drop out of nowhere? Sometimes I can’t figure her out.

“Let’s get to know each other more” I say glancing at her, and I notice she was looking at her hands that were over her legs. I poke her hang and she looks at me. I repeat what I said.

“How?” she asks.

“Just ask random questions, I ask you and you answer, then you ask and I answer, and so on” I explain and we begin with the rounds of questions.

 

I learned Doyeon used to live in another city and then changed here because of school. She adores reading and her favorite color is red. She only has one friend which is Yoojung. She used to practice cheerleading, but left it because of personal reasons (didn’t tell me why and now I’m intrigued). She as well told me her humor can be a little too dark, and that I shouldn’t get offended by it because she doesn’t mean it.

From that day on we met always during lunch and talked about whatever came to our mind. Doyeon slowly grew comfortable around me and now became a little harder to , but she is still adorable. She also slipped her dark humor, at first it left me dumfounded, but now it’s so normal, it also makes me wonder what made her humor like that.

About her quirks, she seems to never respond except she’s directly looking at me (more like my lips), and the only way to call her attention is to poke her. It’s almost like she doesn’t hear me. But could she be deaf? I don’t think so, because she has been for so many years in this school. Someone would have noticed, right? And normally deaf people don’t know how to speak, unlike Doyeon, and use the sign language. Unless, she wasn’t born deaf, but lost it when she was older.

So many mysteries about Kim Doyeon, and I don’t discern if I should ask her or just wait for her to tell me.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter