Final

Memory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I yawned for only God knows how many times already while leaning my back on the cold surface of the elevator. I just came back from delivered a document to the CEO 's office and was heading back to my cubicle. It has been 3 years since I've worked at an advertising company as a part of the accounting team in Busan. I yawned again. I should grab a coffee to fight this sleepiness.

" Mina-sshi you must be tired since you pull an all nighter for our project. You should get some sleep " one of my colleagues who was in the elevator with me asked me.

" Don't worry, I've managed to get a good 30 minutes sleep before.... ".

Before he suddenly popped into my dream and disturbed my precious sleeping time. 10 years have already passed but I still had a dream about him from time to time. He wasn't even my first love.... but why I couldn't get over him. I unconsciously touched my left cheek where he touched me in my dream. He just put his huge and warm palm against my cheek. We were staring right into each other eyes without a word. Those stares of him.... what was in his mind when looked at me with those eyes last night.

Yooa's gentle touched against my shoulder took me back to reality. It looked like she has been tapping my shoulder for a while. I could tell from her worried eyes.

" You really need to get more rest Mina-sshi... You looked really tired. Or maybe you need to take a day off ".

I just mumbled some words, telling her I was fine. She didn't insist anything on me any further. We weren't that close for her to nag/bug me about my current condition which I was really grateful for. My head was already hurt to hear someone nagged about me neglecting my health. She then got off from elevator and waved at me which I replied with a small nod. I just sighed then closed the elevator door.

Suddenly a hand hold onto the elevator door when it was half-way closed. I stared at that hand in shock. That slim wrist, fair skin, those slender fingers with a ring around the fore finger.... It just exactly looked like his. My heart was beating so fast as the elevator door opened slowly and revealed the owner of that beautiful hand.

" I told you to hold the elevator... don't you hear me? ".

I slowly released my breath that I've been holding for a while. My heart was still beating so hard against my ribcage. A few seconds ago I really thought it was him. Come one Im Mina... you never meet him like in these past 10 years. Why would he suddenly appeared inside your office building?

" You okay? ".

" Uh? Oh.. yeah I'm okay Leo-sshi. I'm really sorry about earlier. I didn't hear you when you told me to hold the elevator ".

He was Leo from IT team. We weren't close but sometimes we met whenever I have problem with my computer. He was going to press G button too but then drawed his hand back since I already pressed it before. My eyes were focused on his long forefinger with a silver ring around it. My heart was beating fast as the door of the elevator closed and take the two of us down.

Don't misunderstood me, I didn't have feeling toward Leo. It just.... it just he resembled him a lot. My crush at high school who had been haunting me these past years, Jung Taekwoon. I couldn't understand how come two different people resembled each other a lot that sometimes confused me. I didn't talk about their physical. Their faces were totally different. Their only physical feature which resembled each other a lot were their hands. And it was enough to drive me crazy. Both of them had beautiful hands and always wear ring on their forefinger.

I was talking about their personality... their habit, hobby. Taekwoon and Leo, both of them shy toward strangers and soft-spoken. He was the only sane person among his group of friends that sometimes he looked like hung out with the wrong friends. They played all type of sports but loved soccer the most. They loved to eat and absolutely a big eater. I could list more about their similarities. Not to mention they have same last name, Jung. It's as if Taekwoon's soul was trapped inside Leo. And I know it sounded crazy. Even me myself admitted it was crazy, but it was the truth though.

==========================================================================================================

I entered a coffee shop that wasn't far from my office building. I looked around and found Hyosung waved at me excitedly. I smiled then walked toward her.

" Ya... It's been a long time since the last time we met " she said.

" Geurae ".

I was going to the counter to order something to drink but Hyosung stopped me.

" I've already order for you. It's still hasn't change right, Latte ".

My heart was clenched at the mention of Latte. That was his favorite coffee. I really love coffee but I didn't really have any special / favorite coffee to drink. But it has changed ever since I've knew his favorite coffee was Latte. From then on I only drank Latte. Hyosung was the only high school's friend that I was close with. She was the one who approached me and kept following me around so we naturally became friend. Come to think about it, the only reason we were being friend was because I was too lazy to socialize and find another friend.

" Gomawo ".

" Mina-yah... you know right there will be high school reunion this year? ".

" I told you I'm not coming ".

" Come on Im Mina, come with me... I really want to come but it won't be fun without you. Beside don't you want to... uhm... meet him ".

[Flashback]

It was an early semester of my senior year at high school. Most of my classmates went out to canteen or just hung out with friends from other class since it was break time. I glanced at Hyosung who walked out from class while pumping her fists in the air and mumbling 'fighting'. Finally today is the day I will let out my feeling that I've been kept on myself for years.

" You said you want to say something to me " Taekwoon who sat accross me said.

" Taekwoon-ah... I really like you ".

" Neh? " Taekwoon asked in shocked.

" I said I like you, a lot ".

His shocked expression softened after hearing my confession. I can't blame him. He must be really taken aback. We've been classmates since freshman and he must not expect I have this kind of feeling for him.

" Since when you like me? ".

" Since in our freshman year ".

" Why didn't you tell me earlier. No, I'm sorry I didn't realize it earlier ".

" It wasn't your fault unaware of my feeling, it's because I've been trying so hard to hide it these past years. But I don't think I can do it anymore. I think I might going crazy If I hide it any longer ".

He took my trembling hands with his two hands and caressed it gently . He must realized how nervous I was from my trembling hands.

" I'm sorry.... I can't be more than a friend with you ".

[End of Flashback]

" I don't ".

" Why??? ".

" I just don't want to. We've talked about it before, Kim Hyosung and I don't want to talk about it anymore ".

" You are really stubborn, Im Mina. I know you miss him ".

" I don't ".

" Then why he keeps on appearing in your dreams ? ".

" Ya Jung Hyosung! " I snapped at her.

All of people in the coffee shop looked at our table. I stared at Hyosung's eyes which showed shocked. I couldn't blame her even me myself was shocked with my own voice. It was an act of impulsive.

" I know you must fed up with me trying to make you come to this reunion. But I'm afraid if you don't meet or contact him ASAP, you might lose your chance forever ".

" What do you mean? ".

Hyosung searched through her phone then handed it to me. I saw an instagram account of a young girl with bob hair smiled cheerfully to the camera.

" She was Taekwoon's workmate and she has been openly showed her interest to Jung Taekwoon for a quite some time ".

I quickly snatched Hyosung's phone at the mention of a girl who showed interest to Taekwoon. I scrolled down to her old pictures ad my head became dizzy. She took pictures with a lot of male and bikinis. How come this kind of girl trying to approach him?

" See.. You still interested in Jung Taekwoon ".

I just glared at Hyosung then gave her phone back.

" You know Jieun? She worked at the same broadcasting station with them. She said all of their workmates aware of this girl feeling and Taekwoon seems fine with her aggresiveness. Trust me if you don't make a move now, they will really end up together ".

" Then good for them ".

" Aigoo this pigheaded woman " Hyosung said then flicked my forehead hard.

" Then what do you expect me to do? As you said they seem doing well together. Then you want me, someone from past to suddenly show up after 10 years and trying to compete with someone who has been around him in present. And it's not like I'm his ex, I just had one sided love and he even rejected me. It's clear she has more advantage than me. I'm not that stupid to let the same person break my heart twice ".

" But won't you regret it if you giving up just like this? I know you love him so much and it worth to give it another try, one last try. And if it didnt work, then maybe it's time to really let him go. Though it might hurt so bad, at least you've tried. Time will cure your pain, but nothing can overcome your regret ".

" ... ".

Suddenly my phone rang and I quickly picked it up after read the caller id name. I sighed then picked it up.

" Neh Seobaenim... I'll be back to office soon ".

I quickly gathered my stuff inside my sling bag then gave Hyosung a quick hug.

" I'll talk to you later ".

" Change your mind and come to reunion with me, okay? You don't want him to end up with that bikini girl right? " she said to me which I replied with a glare, this girl really didn't know how to stop bugging me.

As I arrived at office, I walked to my team-mates and asked around if something bad happen but they all looked at ease.

" Mina-sshi... I thought you already left. Did you leave something? ".

" Gahee seonbaenim just called me to go back to office. I thought our team is in trouble or something that's why I come back ".

My team mates then looked at each other in confusion. They quickly stood up as a figure appeared behind me. I turned around and quickly bowed at our team leader.

" Let's talk to my office, Im Mina-sshi ".

Then the reality hitted me, the one whose in trouble was only me not the whole team. I turned around at my office mates and they just gave me an apologetic look. I just sighed then walked into Gahee seonbaenim's office.

I nervously sat on the couch while fidgeting with my fingers. Gahee seonbanim rarely called anyone inside her office except if they were in a huge trouble. I definitely had reason to be nervous now. My inside churned at the smell of green tea that seonbaenim brewed. I hate green tea. Its taste funny like soap for me. Great.. Now I had to find a reason to reject green tea that had been brewed by my angry senior.

I could hear her steps getting closer. She placed the cup in front of me. I kept my head down. I couldn't look at her in the eyes. Then I heard a soft laugh and immediately lifted my head. She looked at me totally amused.

" If you think I'm going to scold you, you are wrong Im Mina. Drink it so you can relax. Latte right? ".

I mumbled thanks then sipped it slowly. I glanced at Gahee Seonbaenim's cup. So she was making green tea latte for herself. I was nervous for nothing.

" I'm sorry I call you back to office though you were already heading home. I don't think I have another spare time to talk to you if not now ".

" It's okay, Seonbaenim. I was still around here when you call me. May I know what is it? It seems urgent " I asked while taking another sip of my latte.

" I want to arrange a blind date for you ".

I accidentally spited a mouthfull of latte onto Gahee seonbaenim's white velvet couch. I glanced at Seonbaenim's expression which darken. ... ... ...

" It's okay... you must be really nervous " she said then handed me napkin.

" It just.... I didn't expect you to arrange a blind date and especially for me " I said honestly.

" A person I know ask me t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter