final

what the eyes can't see, the heart can feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi came early to the coffee shop the next morning, so early that she even surprises herself to see that the shop wasn't open yet. She reaches for the key in her pockets and immediately opens the door to enter the shop.

She lets out a smile as her gaze shifts to the place where Irene always sits, she looks at it for a while and smiles even wider when she remembers their somewhat awkward moment yesterday. "Ahhh," she ruffles her hair in frustration but not the bad kind which makes her annoyed but the good one which makes her smile even more than she already is because just thinking of Irene makes her happy.

She sets the place up, which makes her even more surprised at herself, she still hates the place but for whatever reason, she's too happy to even think about those things and just works on the task at hand. She enters the room with the speaker systems and hooks up her mp3 player. She loads a playlist that she spent all night working on because Irene told her that she likes listening to the music playing at the shop, so she makes this effort. She proceeds to set up the place wiping tables, sweeping the floor, doing all the tasks with enthusiasm as she occasionally dances to the music playing. Wow, she thought to herself, what did Irene do to her. 

And that thought was also the same thing her friend asks her when she enters the coffee shop causing Seulgi to scream in surprise, And I thought you hated mornings and working here, what the hell happened to you? What the hell did Irene do to you?" Wendy just says with a surprised look on her face. Seulgi is still in shock and she tries to answer Wendy's question but can't find the right words to say. Seeing Seulgi like this makes Wendy laugh at her.

 

"Uh..uh hey, you're late that's why I tried to set up the place," Wendy just laughs even harder by what Seulgi said.

 

"Look at the time fool, it's 7:30 am, we open at 9 am," Seulgi just lowers her head and Wendy continues to laugh. Of course, Wendy's laughing harder because she sees that Seulgi has almost finished setting up the place, which shows that Seulgi has been there earlier than she thought. 

Seulgi just shoves the broom she was holding into Wendy's stomach, "Yah, quit it, ju..just do your job," and she walks away from Wendy who's still laughing.

 

"Fine, Seulgi, but you have some storytelling to do later"

 

-------

 

Seulgi tells Wendy what happened last night, the awkward but somehow memorable encounter she and Irene shared because Wendy won't stop bugging her. Wendy just smiles, and Seulgi did not expect this, she expects laughter and teases but to her surprise, Wendy just smiles, "Ah, Seulgi looks like you like someone huh?"

Seulgi hesitates at first but Wendy's her best friend and she knew she could tell Wendy anything,  "Uh, yeah, I guess, I'm still not sure though, I only had like one proper conversation with her but you know I think she's a really good person and I want to know her better because for some reason every time I see her I feel like smiling." 

 

"Then go spend time with her fool, maybe she needs you too," Wendy says and Seulgi's confused at first but what Wendy says next makes her want to follow Wendy's advice, "I think she needs company too, she's been going here every day without anyone with her and just stays here until we close and you know she might actually need some fun too, don' t you think?" Wendy rubs her back and reassures Seulgi with a smile.

 

"Thanks, Wendy."

 

 

Seulgi was "busy" cleaning up some tables and taking orders and casually glancing at whoever enters the shop. She looks over the time to see that it was way too early for Irene to come, she usually comes in late she thought.

But somehow she might have done something good because as soon as she glanced over the person who just entered the shop, it was Irene, she came earlier today and just as before she smiles at the sight of the girl.

 

 

"Hi Irene, let me help you" Seulgi manages to approach Irene even though she had to fight with herself first, she gets the courage to do so anyway.

 

"Oh, hi Seulgi," Irene smiles and Seulgi can't help but to smile even more. 

 

Seulgi lets Irene loop her arm around her, making Seulgi's heart beat faster than it should have and she's nervous that maybe Irene can feel it already.

 

"Ah, here we go, your usual spot," Seulgi helps Irene get to her seat.

 

"Thank you Seulgi," and Irene smiles at her again and maybe Irene doesn't realize that she's looking directly at Seulgi's eyes and Seulgi's heart beats even faster.

"Ahh, haha, no prob Irene, my pleasure," it was really her pleasure because seeing Irene smile makes her feel like she's the happiest person in the world.

 

 

 

"Here you go, one caramel macchiato and one red velvet cupcake for Ms. Irene," Seulgi places Irene's order on her table.

 

"Oh, I didn't order a cupcake," Irene said and Seulgi was quick to say that it's on the house because she always comes here.

 

"Aww, thanks, Seulgi, you're such a sweetie," Seulgi blushes even more, why does Irene make her feel this way. 

 

Seulgi again helps Irene with her coffee as well as when Irene tries to grab the cupcake Seulgi has given her. Seulgi was about to leave and say her usual conversation ender "enjoy your day" but she sees that as soon as Irene takes a bite of the cupcake there was frosting left on the corner of . Of course, Irene struggles to find the tissues to wipe with so Seulgi was quick enough to act and before she even knew it, she was wiping the frosting off Irene's mouth and she was inches away from the face she loved to stare at way too much.

 

"U...hh there we go," Seulgi says as she sees the frosting already gone from Irene's mouth but she was still unable to move away from Irene's face and she even glances at Irene from that angle and she realizes how close they were so she retracts immediately.

 

Irene giggles "Ohh, thanks, Seulgi, I didn't realize that there was so much frosting on this cupcake, it's really hard to eat this but it's really good, thank you Seulgi," Irene smiles again and Seulgi is blushing and her heart is beating faster than normal but she manages to smile again, "Enjoy your day."

Seulgi sees Irene struggle with eating the cupcake again and maybe, Seulgi thought, that that's the reason she doesn't order food here. She runs a hand through her hair and sighs in frustration "stupid, stupid, Seulgi" she says to herself. So she approaches Irene once more "Uhm hi, Irene, it's me again, Seulgi, u...uhm sorry, you don't have to eat it if you're struggling, it's fine."

Irene turns to Seulgi's direction and smiles again, why must Irene smile every time it makes my heart go crazy, Seulgi thought to herself. She sees Irene with frosting on the corner of again, Seulgi smiles because it's really cute.

"But, it's good," Irene says with a pout on her face and Seulgi's heart is about to melt at how cute the girl looks, "can you just help me?" Irene says and Seulgi's heart can't seem to beat normally starting now. 

Seulgi wipes the frosting from Irene's mouth once again but this time with doing so at a much safer distance that doesn't make her heart beat faster than it already is.

"uh.. there, all done," Seulgi crumples the tissue in her hand. Seulgi sits down in front of the girl, "Here," Irene places the cupcake back down at the plate and tries to find the fork beside the plate and when she does she hands it to Seulgi.

"Help me finish it please, I don't want to waste such good food," Seulgi grabs the fork and slices a piece of the cupcake and shoves the piece in . As she looked at Irene's direction she sees Irene's mouth opened and she was confused until Irene speaks up.

 

"Hey, what are you doing a fly might come into my mouth already."

 

Seulgi just can't help but smile, laugh even because Irene is just so damn cute and of course because she's so damn stupid.

"Sorry, I thought you meant for me to eat some so it wouldn't be wasted," Irene's brows furrowed as she pouts, and Seulgi's heart might explode right now because of how damn cute Irene looks.

 

"I was referring to you helping me finish it by feeding me," Irene says in quite a jokingly pissed tone, but she can't help it anymore and Irene bursts out a laugh, "Seulgi, that was so funny, you're so stupid," Seulgi's about to go crazy now because Irene said it in such a cute way and Seulgi can't help but to once again look at Irene and smile to herself.

 

"But seriously," Irene suddenly stops laughing then proceeds to tell Seulgi "are you going to help me finish it?"

 

Seulgi's heart is about to burst when she returned to the counter, she just fed Irene and she can't help but feel a little embarrassed because Irene can feel her hands shaking while she was feeding Irene, but the smile can't be wiped off her face too because she sees Irene smile and laugh because of her. She made Irene smile she thought and this time it is wasn't because of her serving Irene coffee.

 

-----

"Aww, Seulgi you're so sweet," Wendy was quick to say as soon as she sees Seulgi. Seulgi doesn't answer but only smiles and she doesn't mind Wendy's teasing and just looks at Irene again like the creep she is, beautiful as always she said to herself.

 

"Hey you're being all creepy again," Wendy smacks her head.

 

"Yah, Wendy stop it," Seulgi rubs the part of her head that Wendy just smacked.

 

"You just had that moment with her, ask her out stupid, she likes your company too," Seulgi just nods because she realizes what Wendy was saying.

 

"Yeah, maybe I should."

 

-----

"Yah, Son Seungwan! Take care of this shop, I'm going out early," Seulgi tells Wendy and Wendy just smacks her hand.

 

"I told you to not call me that," Seulgi just laughs because she know it ticks Wendy off when she calls her that.

 

"Fine, fine go on and ask her out and don't be a creep ok, but if she turns you down, get you back here and work."

 

Seulgi just eyes her, "Whatever Seungwan, I'll be going now," Wendy was just about to smack her but she was quick to dodge it, she sees Wendy smile at her anyway. 

 

 

Seulgi sits in front of Irene and Irene shifts her head to the direction of the sound. "Hey, it's me again, Seulgi," Seulgi rubs the back of her neck as she feels all nervous again.

 

"Oh hi, Seulgi, what brings you here, did you bring another treat?" Irene giggles.

 

"u..uh no. I just wanted to ask you, u..uh," Seulgi can't find the right words to say and her palms are all sweaty now.

 

"What Seulgi,?" Irene says softly slightly tilting her head as if she's confused. Seulgi glances over at the counter and she sees Wendy looking at them and Wendy motions for Seulgi to go on. Seulgi sighs and with all her courage and might she finds the words to say, "I.. I was wondering if you want to hang out."

 

Irene forms a smile on her face as soon as Seulgi lifted her head, "You mean right now? Is your shift over already? It's still quite early," Irene says.

 

Seulgi replies, "u..uh Wendy said it's fine, she'll take my shift."

With that Irene smiles wider "Ok, we'll hang out." Seulgi can't help but smile too.

 

------

 

Even though Seulgi has asked Irene out she realizes just now that she has no idea where to take her.

"Uhm, Irene," Irene turns to Seulgi's direction.

"Yes?" and Seulgi couldn't say that she had no idea where they would go but she does anyway because that would be better than going nowhere specific, "uh, where do you want to go?"

Irene just hums and puts a finger on her chin as if she's thinking, "Anywhere's fine as long as you're there with me," Irene says and Seulgi's heart, if it can, would've burst right there because of what Irene said.

 

"Oh," that was the only thing Seulgi can say because she still feels her heart almost coming out of her chest and she's nervous that Irene can feel it because Irene was clinging onto her arm making them close to each other.

 

Irene just laughs, "Oh, Seulgi. Just take me somewhere fun."

 

 

They ended up in a karaoke place, Seulgi's mind must've completely shut down because she could've taken Irene to a nice restaurant or something but she ended up taking Irene to the karaoke place.

"Uh, I thought you might like to sing, you like music don't you?" Seulgi laughs nervously and she sees Irene smile, and just like before it makes Seulgi's heart flutter.

 

"Oh, Seulgi this is perfect! Get ready to get your kicked when I score higher than you," Seulgi is shocked by Irene's change of mood, Seulgi laughs when Irene starts to do silly little movements while she said that, and that makes the both of them laugh.

 

"Oh, am I making a fool of myself?" Irene says and Seulgi continues laughing. 

 

 

 

"Seulgi, quick what's my score?" Irene says as he finishes the song.

"Ahhhh, it's...... 94. Ha, I beat you," Seulgi teases Irene.

"Yah Seulgi, don't you dare trick me like this, what's my real score huh?" Seulgi just laughs at how competitive Irene can get, they've bet that whoever loses gets to treat the other one dinner, Seulgi just thinks Irene's cute.

 

"I'm not Irene it's your real score," and Irene just pouts and Seulgi tries to resist pinching those cheeks.

"Irene, hey!" Seulgi tries to get closer to the girl but she moves away and just scoffs, it makes Seulgi laugh even more at how cute Irene is being.

"Fine, ok you scored 96, you beat me," it was a lie, Irene actually lost but Seulgi can give way, if that makes Irene happy, besides it would be a pleasure treating her dinner. 

Irene's frown changes immediately when she hears this, she punches Seulgi playfully and Seulgi laughs, "Ha, I knew it Seulgi. I guess you're treating me dinner," and that's all it takes for Seulgi to smile like a complete fool and say, "It would be my pleasure." 

 

Seulgi thought that Irene would want to go to an expensive restaurant judging by the way she's all competitive earlier but to her surprise, Irene wants something quite different than what she expected, "I want to eat tteokbokki!" Irene says like a little child as she clings on to Seulgi.

 

Seulgi's starting to get more comfortable with Irene, her grip doesn't tighten too much when she helps Irene avoid something or someone that she might bump into, and she now talks to Irene more comfortably, mainly because Irene has done nothing but to make Seulgi feel comfortable and she smiles again because of the thought. 

 

"Are you sure? You don't want beef?" Seulgi asks Irene on more time.

"I'll beat you again next time for beef, but now I want tteokbokki," and Seulgi laughs because of how childish Irene can act and  because she never expected Irene to be like this, but she is thankful because before Irene makes her smile just because of how pretty she is but now Irene makes her smile, laugh even, because of her actions and words and that makes Seulgi happy.

 "Ok, if that's what makes you happy then," and Irene cheers "Yay! thanks, Seulgi you're the best," and Seulgi's heart beats faster once more.

 

-------

"Is this the place?" Seulgi asks Irene as Seulgi tries to describe the place Irene had instructed her to go, "Yeah oh, and the grandma selling there is waving at you," Seulgi turns to look at Irene to see Irene already smiling, "Yep, that's the place. Mrs. Kim!" Irene shouts and she pulls Seulgi to the place.

 

"Ah Joohyun, you're finally back here," the lady says as she glances over Irene, which she just called Joohyun, and Seulgi assumes it was Irene's real name.

 

"Hi Mrs. Kim, I missed your cooking so I came here," the old lady smiles and Seulgi glances at Irene who's just smiling beautifully.

 

"You brought someone today, Joohyun, that's nice, I worry when you come here just by yourself," and Seulgi suddenly feels sad for Irene, she knows that Irene, although she acts all cheery and bright, is struggling too, it pains Seulgi's heart to see someone as beautiful and as good as Irene suffer.

 

"This is Seulgi Mrs. Kim, she's the one I told you about, the nice girl at the coffee shop," and Seulgi's heartbeats went out of control because of what Irene has said.

 

"Ohh, nice to finally meet you Seulgi, thank you fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter