one

what the eyes can't see, the heart can feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi never liked waking up early in the morning. She was not a morning person, or maybe this was just an excuse she made because it was really hard for her to wake up from sleep.

One thing that makes waking up early in the morning much worse for her is the thought that she'd have to spend half of her day in her version of hell, that most people call a school. 

She manages to at least grab her phone to stop the annoying sound of her alarm tune, she never thought that she could hate a sound so much. She gets up immediately, head slightly hurting from her sudden movement, and runs fast towards the bathroom '! I'm gonna be late again' she mutters. 

But Seulgi never did like mornings, because even when she knew she was late, she took her time in preparing for school. When was she never late anyway?  

---------

There was one thing Seulgi hated more than waking up early, it was that damn coffee shop.

She never liked coffee, she never liked the hipsters flocking the place and she never liked the thought of working there — being forced to work there during her winter break. 

She sighs as she walks closer to the place she hates so much, the place she hated more than before because she was forced to work there. 

"Here we go again." she says to herself as she reaches the entrance. She was quickly greeted by a loud cheerful voice and suddenly a girl was running towards her and suddenly taking her in an embrace, someone must really hate her she thought. 

 

"Seulgi! You're here!"

Seulgi was quick to distance herself from the other girl, "Uh, yeah if it wasn't for your huge blabbering mouth I would be home sleeping right now," she says quickly to the other girl.  

 

"Well do you want me to lie?" 

Seulgi was annoyed even more when she sees the other girl trying to hold in her laughter. She walks past the girl and makes sure that she bumps her shoulder with the other girl, hard, so that the girl hopefully falls down — which to Seulgi's dismay doesn't happen.

 

"I hate you so much, Wendy", she says as she walks toward the counter to wear the damned apron she hates so much. 

 

Seulgi never thought she'd hate coffee shops any more than she already had when her parents asked her to manage this place for the duration of her break. She tried to argue with them but when her parents mentioned that they will be cutting her allowance when she disagrees to do so, she knew she had to it, she had no choice.

Seulgi's parents wanted her to manage a place she hates because according to them it would help Seulgi grow up and be more responsible. Seulgi hates it though, she can't even manage her own life, what more a damned coffee shop.

Although Seulgi agreed to manage the place, she never really goes there to actually do her job. She would just occasionally go there to make sure the staff is well paid to keep their mouths shut about Seulgi not even going there. 

 

Until Wendy ruined her oh so amazing schemes by telling her parents about her antics.

------

 

"Wendy, I swear to God one more move and I'll fire you", she utters in frustration as Wendy keeps on teasing her.

 

"Hey chill out Seul, I was just trying to make you laugh, you look uglier like that," Wendy teases her again and laughs to herself. Clearly, life hates her she thinks. 

 

"You're fired Wendy, get the hell out of here," she says firmly to the other girl while pointing to the door as to guide Wendy where she should go. Wendy just laughs.

 

"Yeah right Seulgi, you've been saying that the whole day already," and the other girl just goes back to her work.

 

Of course, Seulgi can't actually fire Wendy, she's her best friend, and she needs this job. Even if she hates Wendy most of the times because of her huge mouth, she's still thankful that there's someone to keep her company.

Seulgi sees Wendy turn around one more time and says something much more serious. 

 

"Cheer up a bit, it may not be as bad as you think."

 

------

 

"I hate this place so much, why must these people choose to flock here," Seulgi says in frustration as the place gets more crowded. It was Saturday and the place gets more people as the time passes. She sees Wendy approaching her with something in her hand.

 

"Here's something you can do at least, that you would not hate as much," Wendy gives her a key and Seulgi just has confusion painted on her face.

 

"It's the key to that room," Wendy points to a door left of the counter "there's a speaker system there, you can play whatever music you want, maybe that can at least make you chill a bit."

 

Seulgi only smiles, "Thanks"

 

Seulgi did feel better with music she likes playing through the speakers but she still at making coffee so Wendy just tells her to take orders. She mostly had to deal with people she hates aka the hipsters, which makes her look at Wendy whenever she encounters one and Wendy would just tell her to endure.

She doesn't even smile at this point, she doesn't even look the at the customers that are asking for orders, she doesn't care anymore she just wants this day to finish. 

It was already night time when customers slowly got fewer and Seulgi's just thankful for that, at last, she doesn't have to endure more people anymore. 

 

"One caramel macchiato please," Seulgi lifts up her head to punch in the order and asks unenthusiastically, "Anything else?"

 

"No nothing else, just that, " the customer replies, Seulgi punches in the order and quickly gives it to Wendy. 

 

"Seulgi you forgot to ask to whom this is for you dumb fool," Seulgi sees Wendy approach her holding the receipt of the order she previously had taken.

 

"Wendy it's not like we have so many customers," Seulgi just says.

 

Wendy was quick to reply, "Oh yeah, then can you point which customer ordered this?" 

 

, Seulgi thought, she never looked at the customer that had ordered it, all she knows was that it was a girl.

"Uhhh, it was a girl," she tells Wendy. Wendy just runs a hand through her face. Seulgi sees Wendy scanning the people inside the shop and Seulgi should be thankful Wendy's been working here for a month now as she seems to know the regulars already.

 

"It's for her," Wendy points at a girl near the coffee shop window, "You stupid fool, can you at least look at them."

 

Wendy just sighs, "You should be grateful I worked here long enough."

 

-------

 

"Here give this to her," Wendy gives a tray to Seulgi with what Seulgi assumes is the order she messed up earlier.

 

"What, I'm not a waiter here," Wendy just pushes Seulgi telling her to just do it since she messed up earlier and the order was kinda late already and Seulgi just does it.

 

"One caramel macchiato for Ms.?" Seulgi says as soon as she reached the girl's table, the other girl was quick to shift her gaze from the windows to the direction of the voice. Seulgi can now see the face of the other girl and wow Seulgi thought, she's pretty.

 

"Irene," the other girl says, "It's Irene, I thought you forgot to ask something earlier," the other girl said and it caused Seulgi to be slightly embarrassed.

 

"Sorry," Seulgi says quite low as she was embarrassed at herself for being dumb and she places the cup in the other girl's table, "u-uhm enjoy," Seulgi tries to smile.

 

Seulgi was just about to leave when the other girl says something, "You must be new here." Seulgi doesn't know whether to answer that question or not but she does turn her head around

 

"I kinda need help," the other girl says and Seulgi was just confused.

 

"Uhm, how should I say this but can you please tell me where the cup is, I don't want the coffee to spill all over the place," the other girl just says and Seulgi just can't still understand why because the cup was right in front of the girl.

"Uh... uhm I kinda can't see," the other girl just says and Seulgi was quite shocked for a moment but manages to move towards the girl but she then hesitated when she realized that she would have to at least hold the other girl's hand.

 

Maybe the other girl felt Seulgi's uneasiness so Seulgi hears her say to just put the cup in between her hands as the other girl placed her hands on the table. Seulgi manages to do what she's told "thank you," the other girl smiles and Seulgi thinks that the other girl is really really pretty, so she feels a smile form on her face too.

 

 

 

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, she's blind," Seulgi hears Wendy say as she comes back from her awkward enc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter