What Happened to All of Us?

We Don't Sell Our Souls

47: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL OF US?


 

"Cloud," by Channel 23

 


 

                The second after Namjoon got out of the station, he hung his head and let it fall into his hands. He let out a long, weary sigh and tried to not to shake too much. The conversation he had just had with his uncle was probably one of the most painful he could remember in recent memory. How could he explain to him that he was arrested for running away from the police, over some graffiti? He could barely lift his head; he couldn’t even dare to meet his uncle’s eyes. He listened in agonizing silence as the officers told him the court date and urged him to arrive on time. He would probably have to pay a fine that he can’t afford, but at least it was unlikely that he ended up getting any jail time.

                Taehyung had left long ago, and Namjoon could only wonder what his father ended up doing to him. He wanted to check on him, but he was pretty sure Taehyung’s dad would kill him right now.

                His uncle had originally come to drive Namjoon home, but in the end he grew frustrated and only gave him enough money to take the bus. Namjoon took his phone out of his pocket as he walked. There were missed calls from all the boys. What on earth had happened to them by now?

                He tried calling Yoongi first, then Seokjin, then Hoseok, then Jungkook, and even Naeil. None of them answered. No one would answer. With each unanswered call his concern grew. Finally, Hoseok answered his phone.

                “Hyung…” groaned Hoseok. He sounded as if he had just woken up. “Hyung, please…I need to be alone right now.”

                “What? What the hell are you talking about? Where is everyone?”

                Hoseok hesitated.

                “What…what do you mean, I thought you guys were doing that insane kidnapping thing?”

                “I thought you were doing that! You didn’t hear?”

                “Hear what?”

                “I got arrested!”

                “What—”

                “I mean Taehyung and I did, mostly Taehyung, I mean, well, he got caught working on some graffiti”

                “Aigoo, are you guys okay?”

                “Yeah. Considering, we got off pretty light. But dude, where are you?”

                “I’m…I’m at home. I’ve been looking for Jimin all night.”

                “All—all night? Where is he?”

                “God, I don’t know, hyung! Do you think I’d be freaking out this much if I did?! I’m about to just—”

                “Okay, okay, calm down! But Hoseok—where’s everyone else?”

                “That…that is a good question.”

 

 


Author’s Note

Everyone, I’m so sorry for disappearing off the face of AFF randomly.

I imagine you don’t want to hear why, but in case you do, it had a lot to do with travelling, summer classes, family (LOTS OF FAMILLY), and generally unpredictable social gatherings.

It’s getting harder and harder to find time to write, and unfortunately, that’s going to get worse this semester. I think I’ve decided I’ll only be able to update about once a month. Sorry, but that’s all I can manage for now.

Thank you for being so patient!