☾ chapter eleven

☾ Secrets Deep Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yeri?"

Yeri looked up. Dahyun was walking towards her.

"Why did you suddenly called me though?" Yeri asked, surprised. "We just met twice yesterday."

They are now at a park, and Yeri had been waiting for Dahyun while sitting on the white park bench for five minutes.

"Are you still hanging out with Jungkook, Yeri?" Dahyun asked her. She had been thinking about this matter all night. She thought that she had already let go of this matter, but it turned out that it had still been bugging her.

She just couldn't forget about Jungkook.

"Well...yeah," Yeri whispered. Guilt flashed in her eyes.

"You like him, don't you?" Dahyun said, looking away from her.

Yeri blinked. "Wait wha-"

Dahyun put her hand up. "Listen, Yeri. I told you that there was a guy whom I had liked since a very long time ago, right?" All Yeri could do was to nod.

"Well, the person that I liked was actually Jungkook." Dahyun looked at Yeri, who seemed to be stifling a giggle. She decided to shrug it off and talk about the main point.

"I want Jungkook to be with a human, not a vampire-werewolf hybrid like me," Dahyun continued to speak. 

This time, Yeri put her hand up to stop Dahyun from talking.

"Okay, I have a confession to make, Hyunnie," she said, with a smile on her face. One that seemed to be laughing at Dahyun.

"Yes, it is true that Jungkook and I had been really close nowadays. But-" She stopped talking and looked at Dahyun. "It's not what you think, Dahyun."

"What?" Dahyun said, confused.

Yeri sighed. "I'm not supposed to tell you, but, Jungkook actually likes you," she said. "He was close to me because he knew that I'm your best friend, and as a girl, I should know more about you than he does. Heck, we don't even know each other at first. There was no way he could have known about me."

A huge weight was lifted off Dahyun's shoulders. "Really?" She asked, as she simply could not believe what she was hearing. 

"Jungkook's planning to confess soon," Yeri said. "Which was why he kept texting me and asking me out. He wanted to know what you liked. In fact, I got scolded by him that day-"

"Was it because you told him that I liked silver jewellery?" Dahyun cut her off. Yeri nodded.

"How was I to know that you've turned into a vampire? If I had known, I would have asked to get you something less dangerous instead. He told me that you seemed to be in a hurry to get that thing out of your sight," Yeri chuckled.

"So he did notice," Dahyun mumbled, her heart beating fast. 

Yeri looked at her watch. "Woah, I've promised my mum to help her with something. See you later, Dahyun," she called out as she ran off, leaving Dahyun alone, lost in her own thoughts.

***

"Dahyun! Jungkook has come to look for you!" Irene's voice could be heard from downstairs.

Dahyun's ears perked up at that name. What is he doing here? She quickly put on her circle lenses and her mask.

Slowly, she walked down the stairs, and gasped to see Jungkook with another jewellery box. Yeri must have told him that silver doesn't work for Dahyun anymore.

"Dahyun!" Jungkook called out, a big smile on his face.

Dahyun walked towards him.

"This is for you," he said, and handed the box to Dahyun. 

Dahyun took the box gingerly from him and slowly opened the lid. And almost dropped it in shock.

"You bought a gold necklace for me?" Dahyun asked him, her heart pounding in her ears. She stared at the pretty gold necklace.

"Uh..." Jungkook cleared his throat and looked at Dahyun. "Actually, Yeri told me that you don't really like silver jewellery anymore, so...I guess you would like this?" He said, looking at Dahyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter