The inconstant moon (Lunari)

The inconstant moon (Lunari)
Please log in to read the full chapter

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Rose tinted cheeks and wind-blown hair. A short man with jet black hair enters the classroom, his grey scarf trailing behind him and only just falling short of getting trapped in the slam of the door. The first thing Jongin notices are wide eyes that speak apologies for his lateness and simultaneously draw him in, threatening to drown him in the inky depths.

Plush and chapped lips move ever so gently just above the ring of woollen fabric that keeps his neck from the harsh winter chill. They move fluidly before coming to a stop and Jongin has to shake his head, because apparently the man was speaking.

“I’m sorry, what?” Jongin asks and it is in that moment that the young professor is pulled fully from his reverie and the mumbling and chatting voices of students filter back into the room and into his ears. A few girls on the front row are finding something highly amusing but he wasn’t listening so he can’t even hazard a guess.

“Uhm, I said – sorry I’m late professor Kim, I … I – do I really have to say it again?” The man trails off as he shuffles his feet on the carpet. Jongin continues to look at him expectantly and the shorter man takes this as his cue to say it again. “I couldn’t find my car in the carpark” The shorter male begrudgingly repeats and now Jongin can understand why the girls were laughing.

“Oh, well – I really do not tolerate lateness to my seminars but please take a seat, I would like a word with you after class.” Jongin responds as he watches the new student skulk to the middle row, keeping his posture low and trying to hide from the snickers.

Needless to say, Jongin can’t really focus on the seminar as he normally would. As he hands out the crisp papers – still warm from the photocopier – he slows when he reaches the black haired male’s table.

“I’m sorry, I never caught your name.” Jongin pries, his head tilting in a friendly manner, but voice staying firm.

“Sorry. I’m Do Kyungsoo sir. I transferred here from the A side, I had a few issues with my previous timetable.” The man (Kyungsoo) replies with an easy smile. A killer smile. A smile that has Jongin a little worried for his sanity for those lips are calling to him once again.

“Nice to meet you Mr Do. I will have a word with you after class about what you know already and what you might need to catch up on, considering this is an advanced class.” Jongin offers a professional smile as he reluctantly draws himself away from the central table and proceeds in handing out the remaining work.

He can’t seem to hold back his curiosities by the end of the lesson. Jongin had handed the class a complex astronomy formula only ten minutes ago and Kyungsoo had breezed through the related tasks in under seven minutes. Pacing behind the shorter male had confirmed that the working out was all correct and accurate.

“Okay class. Thank you for working through the problems – I can see most of you have struggled a little. If you feel you need extra help please sign up for my office hours and complete the remaining tasks for homework please. I’ll see you guys on Wednesday. Good work!” Jongin wraps up and notices how Kyungsoo doesn’t move from his desk even an inch as the rest of the room pack up around him. There are a few students who fill in their names beside some of his open office hours and linger just a little too long before finally, the door closes and Jongin moves towards the centre of the room. “So, Kyungsoo – care to tell me how you answered those questions so quickly?” Jongin asks with a raised eyebrow.

“What? Oh, I thought you were going to ask about the car.” Kyungsoo mumbles as his strong eyebrows pull into a crease.

Jongin shrugs his shoulders, his soft pink jumper pooling to reveal his collar bone and he preens a little on the inside as he notices Kyungsoo’s eyes tracing the exposed skin. “We’ve all been there and done that. What does interest me though, is your intelligence” The professor states as he looks across at the ow

Please log in to read the full chapter