Last Summer Night

Hearing The Sea

"I'll go to the beach for a while since it's our last day" you told your friend Yeri as you went out of the villa that you were staying in.

Every summer, you and your 4 friends made it a habit to always go to the villa that Yeri's family owns and stay for a week or two, enjoying the beach and staying away from the city for a while.

The summer breeze hit you in an instant once you stepped out of the the villa.

You smiled as you went out and walked towards the beach that was nearby the villa.

While walking, you looked at the sky which was turning into orange.

Once you arrived in the beach, you quickly sat down on the sand, close to the sea as you observed the sky turning into orange-red this time. You quickly put your knees close to your chest as you leaned your head on your knees and listen to the waves.

You looked back as you saw some children laughing and playing around with sand. You smiled as you heard their parents telling them to stop playing as they were about to go home.

You turned your attention to the sea again, letting your legs stretch out.

'I still remember like it was just yesterday'

4 years ago

"Where are we going?" you asked your friend Yeri 

"To the beach of course!"

When all of you arrived, all of you rushed to the sea as you and your 4 other friends wanted to cool yourselves down.

"Thanks Yeri~" you sang as she gave you a bottle of water when all of you were taking a rest.

"Yeri!" someone suddenly said as you and your other friends looked up and saw a guy who was quite tall and cute.

"Hey oppa!" Yeri said as she hugged him and all of you immediately raised an eyebrow.

"He's my cousin! He lives around here. Come on and introduce yourself"

"Hi. I'm Jung Jaehyun, Yeri's cousin" he smiled as you all introduced yourselves back.

As he sat down with everyone, the both of you made eye contact as you quickly looked away, but from the corner of your eye, you saw him smile.

Days passed by and you got to know Jaehyun more. As you got to know more, the more you are falling for him. His kind gestures and smile were the big factors of it. You've always spent your nights with Jaehyun, talking about life and random stuff or play with the sand and sing until 2am or 3am (when the both of you are drowned into your conversations and Jaehyun would suddenly realize that the both of you needed to go home). Going back home was always memorable for you, where Jaehyun would all of a sudden hold your hand which made you blush the rest of the night or when he would always give you a long hug or a back hug when you both arrive in front of the villa, that made you long for his warmth for the rest of the night.

It was until a year later when Jaehyun and you were officially together, sharing your first kiss at the beach.

Both of you were going strong until last year, when Jaehyun suddenly left you.

"I'm sorry but I have to go" a sad Jaehyun said as he mentioned that he was going to the US to continue his studies.

Being too naive, you didn't get to say anything and remained silent, letting your first love slip away that easily.

Back to the present, you recall those happy memories you had with Jaehyun, while playing with the wet sand that was in front of you.

"2 years has passed" you mumbled to yourself as you used your finger to draw a heart and soon after, the sea washed the heart away which made you sigh.

You put your knees close to your chest once again as you looked beyond the sea as you know that somewhere, Jaehyun is at the other side, looking at the same sea.

You hated yourself for not being able to move on, but at the same time, you are proud at what Jaehyun has achieved now, from what you've heard from Yeri. Thus, you didn't feel bad losing him.

You just missed his presence greatly, his voice, his warmth and his sweetness are what you've been longing for every summer.

You hugged your knees as you felt the cool summer breeze.

You still kept your spot even after sitting there for 4 hours already.

All of a sudden, you heard someone walking towards you.

You ignored it until you felt a cardigan being put on you.

You quickly looked back as you saw him.

Him, who immediately smiled when he saw you.

Him, who made you put a bright smile on your face again.

Him, who you longed for the most.

And him, who was standing in front of you.

You quickly looked at him in the eye and hugged him, inhaling his scent, feeling his warmth and listen to his heartbeat once again.

After a while, he let go of the hug.

"How have you been?" he smiled as you smiled back at him and looked at him in his eyes once again.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________

A/N:

I haven't made a oneshot for so long and I'm sorry if it really (I need to write more T_T)

Anyways, I hope you guys still liked it!

I was planning on making the story like a poem but it was kinda hard for me so I sticked to something like this (I hope you guys like it T_T)

Hear the sea by Red Velvet became one of my favorite songs and listening to it always gives me the feels.

See you guys in the next story!

P.S Sorry for the typos T_T (did not bother double checking it)

P.P.S I also write in wattpad (cookie143)

I just started a Jaehyun fanfic so I hope you guys can drop by there and give it a read as well! :D (If you use wattpad)

~shiro123