Zero to Sixty in 3.5 Epilogue

Royal Ice

Whew! Sorry for the long wait and if this epilogue should turn out very lame and crappy. PDF is also available! :D


 

 

“Taeyeon.”

 

She looked up from her computer and saw her father standing by her office door. “Yeah, Dad?”

 

“A new applicant came in today. I want you to personally interview her and test her skills to see if she’s fit to teach.”

 

“Me? Interview?” It wasn’t the first time someone came in for an interview, of course, but being the COO – child of the owner – and the Vice President, she was never asked to conduct an interview and a test. They had Human Resources for that, didn’t they? Which is why she found it weird that her father – the CEO, no less – had specifically asked her himself to conduct it.

 

“Yes. Now get up from there and do the interview. The applicant’s in conference room #2. Be nice, but not too nice, understand?”

 

She nodded and watched him leave. “Be nice but no too nice? What does that even mean?” She mumbled to herself before switching her computer off and heading towards the conference room for that interview.

 

-

 

She opened the door to the room and found herself staring at the back of a familiar figure.

 

Ah, now I understand. She didn’t even have to make the girl face her to know who she was.

 

Deciding to be professional, she straightened her clothes and clutched the files she was holding tightly before walking to the other side of the long table and pulling out a chair. The second she was seated and faced the girl, she was instantly welcomed by a breathtaking eye-smile, one that would’ve prompted her to kiss the owner senselessly if not for the serious atmosphere she was trying to create.

 

She cleared . “Ms. Hwang?”

 

Probably sensing the seriousness she was trying to maintain, Tiffany sat up straight and wiped the smile off her face. “Yes.”

 

“Let’s start with the interview, shall we?”

 

Tiffany nodded and the interview began.

 

-

 

The interview went fairly well if one were to ask Tiffany. Of course, she did have those moments wherein she would just blankly stare at Taeyeon’s serious face – which she found extremely hot and y – but other than that, she did just fine.

 

Now they were heading towards the parking lot for her skills test. She was to be tested of her driving skills as well as her ability to teach properly and effectively. She was confident she’d be able to pass with flying colors, especially since her number one inspiration was walking side by side with her.

 

“Okay, Ms. Hwang. It’s time for your test.”

 

She nodded in response as she motioned for Taeyeon to go inside the car through the passenger’s side. Her test began shortly after.

 

-

 

She put the car on break and glanced nervously at Taeyeon who was busy scribbling something on a piece of paper.

 

She was done with the test and was positive that she did well but seeing Taeyeon’s expressionless face made her fidgety.

 

“Alright. That’s the end of it, Ms. Hwang. Please wait for our call by the end of this week to know if you got the job or not. Thank you.”

 

She went out of the car as Taeyeon did the same. The older girl was waiting for her by the rear of the car. Taeyeon held out a hand to her and she did the same as they shook hands and exchanged smiles.

 

-

 

She didn’t let go of the hand immediately. Instead, she pulled it, making Tiffany stumble forward towards her. She finally let go of the hand and slid both her arms around the girl’s waist, engulfing Tiffany in a hug. Feeling the girl relax in her hold, she pulled away just a little and gave Tiffany a couple of pecks on the lips.

 

“You did a good job. I’ll see you at home.” She gave Tiffany a final peck before letting her go.

 

-

 

“I’m home,” she said softly as she threw her bag on the sofa and took off her jacket. She placed it beside her bag and went to the room after receiving no response from her lover.

 

She walked inside to see Taeyeon sitting up on the bed with her eyes closed and mouth slightly opened. The girl was wearing her glasses and her laptop was resting on her lap. A bunch of papers were surrounding her, making Tiffany come to the conclusion that the girl was working before falling asleep.

 

Tiffany chuckled and shook her head. She went to their walk-in closet to get a fresh change of clothes before heading to the bathroom for a quick shower.

 

Fresh and clean from the bathroom, she headed to Taeyeon’s side of the bed and put the laptop aside before gathering all the papers and setting them on top of Taeyeon’s table. She took off the girl’s glasses and patted her cheeks softly.

 

“Taeyeon,” she cooed.

 

Taeyeon stirred and closed , only to go back to sleep.

 

Tiffany smiled and tried again. “Taeyeon-ah, wake up.”

 

The only response she got was a soft snore.

 

She stifled a laugh. She decided to use a different method. She climbed the bed and straddled the sleeping girl before leaning forward and planting a soft kiss on Taeyeon’s nose. She watched as Taeyeon’s nose twitched and repeated it a couple of times before finally hearing the older girl groan.

 

She sat back as she felt Taeyeon’s hands on the soft of her back and knew that the girl wasn’t in deep sleep anymore. She smiled and leaned forward again to place a chaste kiss on Taeyeon’s lips.

 

She was about to pull away when she felt one of Taeyeon’s hands behind her neck, preventing her from doing so. Taeyeon then started kissing her back, tugging and pulling on her lower lip as she prevented the formation of another – wider – smile.

 

She pushed Taeyeon by the shoulder and watched as the older girl opened her eyes slowly.

 

Taeyeon pouted and frowned. “More, please.”

 

She laughed softly before getting off the girl to lie beside her instead. Taeyeon followed suit and they were now on their sides facing each other. “I only woke you up to tell you to lie down properly. I know you’re tired, so sleep.” She brought one of her arms up to rest it on Taeyeon’s waist.

 

“I’m not that tired!” Taeyeon tried to say but failed when a yawn followed straight after.

 

Tiffany chuckled. “You are.”

 

Taeyeon finally gave up. “Okay, I am.” She moved closer to Tiffany and placed one arm under Tiffany’s neck while the other circled the girl’s waist. “I’m sorry for not picking you up earlier. I didn’t notice the time and I kinda fell asleep.”

 

“It’s fine.” Tiffany leaned forward to kiss Taeyeon. “I know you were doing a lot of things for your next project. I understand.”

 

Taeyeon smiled. “How was work?”

 

“Besides being boring without you there?” That earned her a laugh from her lover. “It was fine. A couple of new students, but they were fast learners.”

 

“That’s ‘cause you’re a great teacher.”

 

“Because you were the one who taught me.”

 

“Well, duh.”

 

Tiffany pinched her waist but didn’t say anything.

 

Taeyeon chuckled.

 

They laid there, holding each other in silence until Tiffany heard the slow and soft breathing coming from the person beside her. She kissed Taeyeon’s forehead before following her to dream land.

 

-

 

A knock on the door was heard and she looked up to see Tiffany smiling at her while holding up and paper bag. “Hi. Busy?”

 

She smiled. “Not for you. Come in.”

 

Tiffany did as she was told before walking to her lover’s desk and placing the paper bag on top. She leaned forward to peck Taeyeon’s lips then sat down on one of the chairs. “Brought you lunch. Figured you’d stay cooped up in here if I don’t bring it.”

 

Taeyeon laughed. “I was actually thinking of buying a sandwich later but you beat me to it. Thanks.”

 

“No problem. Eat it now. I’m sure you still have a lot of things to do.”

 

“Aren’t you eating with me?” Taeyeon asked when she saw that there was only one sandwich and one cup of drink inside the bag.

 

Tiffany shook her head. “Took an early lunch. I have a class in thirty minutes and I don’t want to be late nor do I want to smell like food when I teach especially if it’s a new student.”

 

Taeyeon swallowed and laughed. “Ah, another new student? You’re getting popular these days, Ms. Hwang,” she teased.

 

“You bet I am, which is why I don’t want to ruin the students’ impression of me.”

 

“No matter. Eat lunch five minutes before and you’d still smell like you came right out of the shower.” Taeyeon grinned.

 

Tiffany laughed. “You’re hopeless.” She stood up. “I better go now. Still need to talk to Yoora unnie about that new student and the car we’re using. I’ll see you later okay?” She walked around the table to give Taeyeon a hug and a kiss before walking out of the room.

 

-

 

“Tiffany? I bought food.” She kicked off her shoes and placed the paper bag she brought on the dining table.

 

She made her way to their shared bedroom and found it empty. She was about to walk out and look for Tiffany when the bathroom door swung open, revealing Tiffany only in a towel.

 

She grinned mischievously as she strode her way to her freshly showered girlfriend. She wrapped her arms around Tiffany’s waist and brought her closer.

 

“Hey, you’re home,” Tiffany said as she relaxed in Taeyeon’s hold and returned the hug.

 

“Yeah, I brought us dinner too. I’m sorry for coming home late.” She let her head rest on Tiffany’s shoulder before swinging their bodies side to side.

 

“Don’t worry about it. It’s fine.” Tiffany’s fingers then expertly moved to massage her nape.

 

They stayed that way until Tiffany pulled away. “It’s cold, I need to change.”

 

“Actually, you don’t have to get dressed.” She winked.

 

Tiffany laughed. “Ew. Not gonna happen. Maybe after I’m full but only then.”

 

Taeyeon pouted. “Fine.”

 

“Now, be a dear and fix the table.” Tiffany went in their walk-in closet and she followed stealthily. She stayed by the doorframe and watched as her girlfriend rummaged her side of the closet for a fresh set of clothes.

 

Tiffany was about to untie the knot of the towel covering her body when she felt something strange. Looking back, she saw Taeyeon watching her every move. “Yah!”

 

“What?” Taeyeon tried to put on her most innocent look.

 

“This is not a free show, byuntae.” Tiffany turned her around and pushed her out.

 

Taeyeon groaned. “It’s not like there’s something I haven’t seen before.”

 

“Yah!” Taeyeon gave her a final push out the bedroom before slamming the door, effectively hiding her pink cheeks.

 

Taeyeon chuckled and shook her head before making her way to the kitchen. She liked it. She liked how they were right now. She smiled to herself and prepared the table.

 

-

 

She strolled out of her office just in time for lunch. She headed towards the room for the instructors in hope to find her girlfriend and eat lunch with her. It was one of those few times that she could actually go out for lunch, since she was swamped with meetings and paperwork’s, and she didn’t have to think twice to decide to have it with her girlfriend.

 

She knocked on the door and after hearing footsteps from behind; it opened, revealing one of the senior instructors.

 

She bowed and greeted him. “Hi, Samchon. Is Tiffany there?”

 

The man bowed as well. “Hello there, Taeyeon-ah. Oh, Tiffany?” He looked back and tried looking for the girl. “Nope, I don’t see her here. She must still be in a class, but it should be over by now so maybe you can wait for her inside.”

 

Shaking her head. “No it’s okay, Samchon. I’ll just wait for her by the entrance since I need to talk to Minwoo oppa too.”

 

The man nodded. “Alright then. See you, Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon thanked him before knocking into another door just a few steps from the entrance. The door opened and she busied herself with talking to the man standing before her.

 

Not long after, the entrance doors slid open and in came Tiffany with an unfamiliar guy who Taeyeon believed was also their age. Hurriedly saying goodbye to her Minwoo oppa, she fastened her pace when she saw Tiffany slap the guy’s arm lightly.

 

“Tiffany!”

 

Tiffany looked back and smiled widely when she saw Taeyeon coming towards her.  “Hey.” She greeted the panting girl.

 

“Hi.” Taeyeon answered, completely ignoring the guy beside her girlfriend. “Lunch?”

 

“Sure!” Tiffany answered happily.

 

Taeyeon saw the guy’s face fall and smirked inwardly.

 

“Oh, by the way, Taeyeon, this is Jinho.” Tiffany then faced the guy. “Jinho, this is Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon saw the guy eyeing her from head to toe. She eyed him as well. She held out a hand. “Nice meeting you, Jinho. Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon.” She made sure to stress her last name although she did suddenly remember that Kim was a very common last name in Korea so she had to add, “The Vice President of the company.”

 

Jinho’s firm stance from before falter a bit and she caught it. She smirked.

 

Tiffany, knowing fully well why Taeyeon did that, only rolled her eyes. “Anyway, I’ll see you tomorrow, Jinho? Come on, Tae.” She smiled at the guy before linking her arm with her girlfriend’s and dragged the smirking girl out of the building.

 

-

 

“I know what you did back there, and it wasn’t nice, Taeyeon,” Tiffany told her girlfriend as they made their way inside a restaurant hand-in-hand.

 

“Huh? Back where?”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “Back at the company. With Jinho. The guy’s just my student. There’s seriously nothing to be worried about.” She pushed the girl to sit down before taking the seat beside her.

 

It was Taeyeon’s turn to roll her eyes. “You should have seen how he looked at you – like a predator to a prey. I had to show him who’s boss. You should’ve seen his face.” She laughed.

 

Tiffany shook her head but smiled. It was nice seeing Taeyeon get all worked up because of her jealousy. “Yeah, you’re the boss alright. I think he got the message.” She leaned and planted a kiss on Taeyeon’s cheek.

 

“He better!” Taeyeon exclaimed.

 

-

 

It was, again, one of those days when Taeyeon had no lunch meetings and no mountains of paperwork to do. She grabbed her bag and walked out of her office just in time to see Tiffany walking in the building with Jinho.

 

Jinho saw her approaching and had a smirk on his face. “Hey, Tiffany,” he said loudly as Taeyeon drew nearer, “want to come have lunch with me? My treat?” He grinned then flashed a charming smile that could probably make any woman fall for him – any woman, that is, except Taeyeon.

 

And Tiffany.

 

Tiffany saw right through him and was about to reject his offer when Taeyeon stood beside her and held her hand.

 

“Sorry, but I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced.”

 

“Oh, we ha–” He was interrupted.

 

“Kim Taeyeon–”

 

“I already know who you–“

 

“Tiffany’s fiancé.”

 

That shut him up. He looked at Tiffany confirmation and got his answer when Tiffany nodded hesitatingly. Probably from shock, he quickly sauntered away from the scene and out of the building.

 

Taeyeon laughed as she watched him scramble away. “Well, that’s minus one student for you.”

 

Tiffany shook her head and squeezed the hand in hers. “Although I understand why you did that, telling him you’re my fiancé when you’re not is considered lying.”

 

“Oh but who says I’m not?” She smirked before reaching into her pocket and kneeling down on one knee.

 

“Yah! Stand up!” Tiffany looked around and saw her colleagues and other superiors looking at them with curiosity.

 

“Okay, I was supposed to do this in a more romantic way – and in a more romantic place – but this will have to do since you can’t seem to stop attracting guys.” She cleared . “Tiffany Hwang, I love you and I want to spend my forever with you. I couldn’t imagine my life without you. Although we’ve only been dating for a year, I know you’re the one for me and I’m the one for you,” she said proudly. “Will you marry me?” She opened the red velvet box she was holding, revealing a white gold band with a diamond cut beautifully placed on top.

 

She gulped. It wasn’t the most romantic at all but because it was Taeyeon, she took it. She wouldn’t have it any other way. She was overwhelmed with emotions and her voice got stuck in . She nodded, her eyes b with tears.

 

Grinning widely, Taeyeon stood up and took the ring out of its case before sliding it on Tiffany’s finger. “Now you’re definitely mine.” She pulled her fiancée by the waist and kissed her deeply, ignoring the loud cheers and applause from the crowd that gathered around them.

 

-

 

Taeyeon groaned when she saw her girlfriend walking in the building with another new student who obviously had a thing for her soon-to-be wife. She eyed them and walked near enough for her to hear the guy’s irritating voice.

 

“So, I was thinking. Maybe I could treat you for lunch? Just a little thanks for being such a good teacher.”

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

 

“Sorry, Chunghae, but I already have plans with someone else.”

 

“Oh, who?”

 

“Me.” Taeyeon stepped in between them. “Hi, I’m Kim Taeyeon. VP of the company.”

 

“Oh, hi Ms. Tae–”

 

“I’m also Tiffany’s fiancé. We have a date right now, so if you will excuse us.” She grabbed Tiffany’s hand and dragged her away before the poor guy could even say anything.

 

Looking back, Tiffany managed to give him a smile and a wave using her ringed hand.

 

 

-END-