Crush Part 7

Royal Ice

A/N: Got distracted. Haha, sorry.


 

Next day at Lunch

Yuri was outside Jessica’s classroom waiting for the older girl because she wanted to help Jessica walk. Her ankle’s a little better than yesterday, but she was still having a hard time walking.

A few minutes later, Jessica walked out of the classroom, limping. Yuri immediately ran to her side and put her arm around Jessica’s waist, and lifted one of the girl’s arms to put it around her neck. 

Tiffany, who was right behind them, smirked. “So... you two just started talking yesterday and you’re instantly like this?”

Yuri and Jessica turned their heads to look at her, both with blushing cheeks. Tiffany laughed out loud. “You guys are so cute. So, you guys having lunch together?”

The two nodded. “It’s my payment for Yuri’s help yesterday.”

“Yah! I always help you and you never gave me a payment! Just because it’s Yuri you want to rep-” Tiffany couldn’t finish what she was saying when she was hit by one of the books Jessica was holding.

Yuri’s eyes widened, as much as she wanted to help Tiffany, she couldn’t because she was holding onto Jessica. 

“Omo! What happened?” Yuri and Jessica turned towards the sound and saw Taeyeon looking down at an obviously hurt Tiffany. She then looked up, waiting for Yuri or Jessica to answer.

Jessica shrugged.

It was only then that Taeyeon realized how Yuri and Jessica were holding onto each other. “Okay, I know she’s hurt,” she pointed at Jessica, “but didn’t you just start talking yesterday? Isn’t it too early to be all lovey dovey?” She grinned before dodging another one of Jessica’s books. “Whew! Good thing I dodged that. It was your history book, Sica! That could’ve broke my nose.” She said before bending down and helping Tiffany.

Jessica rolled her eyes and said, “Whatever.”

“All right, let’s go before you decide to throw them your bag. Tae, please bring the two books Jessica threw. Thank you,” Yuri said before helping Sica turn around and walked towards the cafeteria.

“They didn’t even wait for my answer,” Taeyeon said. “Are you okay, Fany-ah? What was that about?” She said as she helped the other girl pick up her things together with Jessica’s.

“I . I basically said the same thing you did plus a bit more teasing about how she favored Yuri,” Tiffany grinned.

Taeyeon laughed, “But they really are too close for someone who just started talking yesterday and she does favor Yuri.”

“Tell Jessica that.”

“I probably won’t. I barely dodged her history book.”

Tiffany laughed, “Yeah. Come on, let’s go have lunch.”

***

Yuri carefully walked towards an empty table and set Jessica on a chair slowly.

“Thank you,” Jessica flashed the younger girl a grateful smile.

Yuri blushed but Jessica didn’t notice. “What would you like to eat? I’ll go get it for you.”

Jessica smiled, “I’ll have whatever you’re having.”

“Okay,” Yuri said before leaving the girl to get their food.

Jessica watched as they younger girl lined up to order their food. She admits that it would be so much better to eat with Yuri when they’re together, but with what’s happening right now, she couldn’t complain. The girl is practically serving her, even though, as both Taeyeon and Tiffany said, they just starting talking yesterday. She knows the lunch was her idea, but this, helping her walk and getting their food was all Yuri. 

She looked around the cafeteria and saw Yoona and Seohyun walking towards her, hand-in-hand. She raised an eyebrow and questioned them when they arrived at her table, “Well what do we have here?” She pointed at the connected hands. 

Yoona grinned while Seohyun looked down, hiding her blush. “We’re together now, unnie!” Yoona exclaimed.

“OH. MY. GOD.” Jessica turned her head and saw Yuri holding two trays, frozen, while looking at her sister and Seohyun with wide eyes.

Before Jessica could say anything, Yuri dropped the trays on their table and quickly hugged her sister and jumped around. “AHHHHHHH!!!” They both shouted happily, causing all the people in the cafeteria to look at them; including Taeyeon and Tiffany.

Taeyeon wondered what was happening so she pulled Tiffany by the arm to get closer to the two.

“Hey, what’s up?”

“Seohyun! Yoona! Together! Girlfriend! Aaaahhh!” Yuri said, still jumping with Yoona.

Taeyeon eyes widened before she hugged the two and joined them in jumping and shouting. “AHHHHHH!!”

Tiffany, Jessica and Seohyun looked at them and shook their heads. “Will you guys stop that? It’s embarrassing,” Jessica said.

The three jumping cousins all stopped jumping and shouting but were still hugging each other.

“Omo, I’m so proud of you Yoong,” Yuri whispered.

“Me too, Yoong. I’m so happy for you,” said the shortest.

“Thanks! Now it’s both your turn. You won’t be disappointed, I promise.” Yoona winked at them before pulling away and making her way to Seohyun.

The two older girls looked at each other, confused. 

“Bye unnies! We’ll have lunch elsewhere,” Yoona said before pulling Seohyun by the hand.

They saw Seohyun wave her hand before disappearing from their sight.

The two walked towards the table where Jessica and Tiffany were. Taeyeon looked at Tiffany and said, “Let’s get some food and sit somewhere else. Let’s leave these two alone,” she laughed and quickly grabbed Tiffany’s hand and dragged the girl away from the table before Jessica could even grab the tray in front of her.

“Ugh! I hate it when they tease me!” Jessica said while poking her food.

Yuri chuckled, “It’s alright. Taeyeon’s just really like that.” She sat down beside Jessica and patted the girl’s shoulder.

“Wait, Yuri.” Jessica just realized something.

“What?”

“Did you pay for the food?”

“Well, yes.” Yuri said, confused as to where the conversation was going.

“Omo! Here,” Jessica took some money from her wallet and handed them to Yuri, “You told me you were going to pay for your food, not mine. So here, please take it.”

“Oh, no need. The food’s cheap here anyway. Keep it, please.”

“It wouldn’t be much of a payment if you pay for mine, too, Yuri-ah.”

Call her cheesy or whatever, but the way Jessica said her name made Yuri’s heart beat faster. “Actually, it’s payment enough that you’re beside me right now,” Yuri mumbled.

Unfortunately, or fortunately in Jessica’s case, the older girl heard it. She choked on her food. She couldn’t believe what she heard. She’s happy of course, but still shocked. It was nice hearing it straight from Yuri. 

“Jessica? Are you okay? Here, have some water.” Yuri said, while patting her back and handing her a bottle of water.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks.”

Yuri nodded then went back to eat her food.

“Yuri?”

“Hmm?”

“Did you mean what you said?”

“Which one?”

“That it’s payment enough that I’m beside you?”

It was Yuri’s turn to choke on her food. Jessica quickly took a water bottle and gave it to Yuri.

“Oh my God, you heard that?” Yuri asked when she wasn’t no longer choking.

Jessica nodded.

Yuri looked at Jessica’s expression but she couldn’t read it. She got scared.

“Jessica, look, I’m sorry if you’re creeped out about what I said but uh...” she took a deep breath, “I like you. I really like you. I might even love you, actually. It might seem weird because I haven’t been talking to you, but I really do. I was just shy. I didn’t know what I should say when you’re in front of me.”

Jessica’s expression was still unreadable. Yuri expected the worst, but still continued. “You may not like me the same way, but I’m asking you nevertheless.” She took another deep breath and looked at Jessica in the eyes, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

Tears were now streaming down Jessica’s cheeks. She couldn’t even begin to explain how happy she was right now. Things didn’t start out well for both of them since they were shy, but it somehow ended the way they both wanted it to.

Yuri panicked and was about to stand up to look for some tissue when she heard Jessica say, “Yes.”

She looked at the girl who was now smiling at her despite the tears. She smiled widely and kissed the girl on the lips before pulling her in for a hug. 

“I love you, Yuri-ah.”

“I love you too, Jessica.”

Taeyeon, who happened to pass by the new couple’s table, saw the hug and assumed that Yuri and Jessica were now together.

She smiled widely at the sight.

Tiffany saw it and decided to ask her about it, “What’s up? Why are you smiling like that?”

Taeyeon shook her head before grabbing the girl’s hand and whispering to herself, “It’s our turn now.”

 


Two couples down, one more to go. I'll post 1 or 2 more chapters for this multi-shot when I come back from work tomorrow.

I'm not even gonna ask you guys to comment anymore. I've given up. Haha :) Thanks to the ones who always write comments. Especially to 3 special people who find the time to write a comment for every chapter I post. You should already know who you guys are. 

COME ON, GROUP HUG!! :)