Forget About Me

Royal Ice

 

Songs Part Four: Forget About Me

 

 

She fidgeted as she stood at the side of the stage.

 

“Don’t be so nervous. It’s not like it’s your first time singing on stage.”

 

“I know. It’s just that… I’m going to sing a song I composed. I haven’t done that ever.

 

“Okay, calm down. You have about two minutes before you’re needed up there, so just relax okay?” She nodded and watched the person leave.

 

After a few minutes, she heard the MC. “Next up on our line up is one of our very own. Please give a warm welcome to Kim Taeyeon!”

 

Loud applause and cheers were heard from the audience. She took a few more deep breaths before finally stepping onto the stage.

 

“Er, hi.” She gave the audience an awkward smile. Embarassing. “So like the MC said, I am Kim Taeyeon. If I seem familiar, then it might be because I work here.” She forced a laugh. Very embarrassing. She cleared before continuing. “Anyway, what I’m going to sing tonight is a song that I have composed months ago. It’s called Forget About Me.”

 

She gave them a small smile before giving the DJ the cue.

 

She looks around the crowd while trying to calm herself down. Her eyes stopped, however, when it gazed at a familiar figure that was staring back at her.

 

With wide eyes, she continued to stare at the particular audience member that she missed her cue.

 

“Ah. Sorry. DJ, please play it again.”

 

As the music started again, she looked for the familiar face again and looked into the eyes. This time though, she didn’t miss her cue.

 

Hmm

Whoaaa 

Oohhh

Yeahh

 

You said it wasn't

Gonna be like it was before

Then it happened again

Pushing me back out the door

Thought it would be for real this time

Love me forget about the signs

So now what do I do

Now, that I know that we're through

 

Wish that I could move on

Can't let go it's too strong

Just like that and then you're gone

Is this how you wanted it to be

Everything you had to say

Sent the tears right down my face

Now I'm trying to escape

The misery

 

Why don't you love me the way I loved you

It feels so crazy

Cause I dunno what I did to you

If you're gonna hurt me

Then do it quickly

Cause I'm tired of cryin'

If you don't wanna stick around

Then, baby forget about me

 

Too late, sorry

Didn’t even have the chance

You said you were happy

Baby I don't understand

Gave you everything you asked for

And was ready to give you a lot more

I would've given you the world

Right in the palm of your hand

 

Wish that I could move on

Can't let go it's too strong

Just like that and then you're gone

Is this how you wanted it to be

Everything you had to say

Sent the tears right down my face

Now I'm trying to escape

The misery

 

Why don't you love me the way I loved you

It feels so crazy

Cause I dunno what I did to you

If you're gonna hurt me

Then do it quickly

Cause I'm tired of cryin'

If you don't wanna stick around

Then, baby forget about me

Girl my heart was true

And that you can't deny

Don't be a fool and walk away from all the lies

It's up to you

Cause heaven knows I’ve tried

Tell me you're still in love

Yeahhhh 

Ohh

  

Why don't you love me the way I loved you

It feels so crazy

Cause I dunno what I did to you

If you're gonna hurt me

Then do it quickly

Cause I'm tired of cryin'

If you don't wanna stick around

Then, baby forget about me

 

 Forget about me

I really loved you...

 

By the end of the song, the crowd was cheering and giving her a standing ovation. She then noticed that tears were staining her cheeks. Like that night.

 

She bowed at the audience as thanks and immediately ran down the stage. She packed her stuff and ran out of the bar, ignoring her co-workers.

 

She hailed for a taxi but stopped when she heard a familiar voice. “Taeyeon, wait! I need to talk to you!”

 

“No!” She shouted without looking back at the door and continued to look for an empty taxi.

 

“Please, Taey­–”

 

“I said no!” She finally turned around to face the girl. “Why should I give you a chance?! You never gave me a chance to make things right for us!”

 

“I’m sorry. Please, Taeyeon. Just listen to me.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head. “No! Go back to Jessica!” An empty taxi finally stopped in front of her and she entered the vehicle just as Tiffany was closing in on her.

 

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany shouted before falling on her knees, crying. Taeyeon, I’m really sorry.

 

-

 

She heard a knock on the door and quickly ran to open it. She didn’t have to check to see who the visitor was. Once the door swung open, she jumped at her guest and clung onto her like a koala.

 

“Oof! You gained a lot of weight since we last saw each other… twelve hours ago.”

 

The comment didn’t receive a reply as she continued to sob loudly on the guest’s shoulder. The newcomer patted her back as she guides the owner of the apartment without breaking the almost-chokehold she has on the former. They both sat on the couch.

 

“Okay, now tell me what happened. I couldn’t really understand you over the phone. All I heard was ‘sniff… she… sniff… then I… sniff… cab… sniff… sniff… sniff…’“Her visitor chuckled. “I couldn’t gather anything from that besides the fact that you were crying… or that you were smelling something.”

 

Taeyeon glared at her but she seemed undaunted.

 

“Just tell me what happened.”

 

“Tiffany…” It was a mere whisper.

 

“Tiffany?”

 

Taeyeon nodded. “Yes, Tiffany.” She sighed. “Tiffany was at the bar tonight, Yul.”

 

Yuri finally nodded in understanding. “But then why are you crying?”

 

“I sang Forget About Me while she was there. Listening.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“She wanted to talk to me.”

 

“She did?”

 

“Taeyeon nodded her head. “Yes, but I didn’t give her a chance to. I ran off and got on a cab.”

 

Yuri sighed. “Well, now that she knows where you work, what are you going to do?”

 

“I messaged Sooyoung to ask her if I can take a two-week leave and she agreed.”

 

“Are you sure you want this?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Alright. But after that, what then?”

 

“I don’t know, Yul,” Taeyeon sighed. “I still love her, you know that. It never changed even after all these months but…”

 

“But she hurt you too much?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Yuri hesitated for a second. “Will you give her a chance if she somehow manages to convince you that she still loves you and that she regrets everything?”

 

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow.

 

Yuri noticed it and quickly added. “Just a hypothetical question, Taeyeon-ah.”

 

Taeyeon eyed her for a few seconds before sighing. “Maybe.”

 

-

 

“You’re here again, huh?”

 

She jumped at the voice then looked towards the source. “Sunny?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Sunny looked at her before saying. “My girlfriend is the owner of this bar.”

 

“What? Sooyoung is your girlfriend?”

 

“Yes.” She takes a sip of her drink. “You wouldn’t be asking all these stupid questions if you listened to me the last time we talked to each other.”

 

“Oh,” she looked down, “sorry.”

 

Sunny shrugged. “It’s alright. I know you have a lot of things on your mind.”

 

Tiffany nodded and silence took over them for a few minutes before she broke it.

 

“Wait, so you knew that Taeyeon was working here?!”

 

“Yes,” Sunny answered nonchalantly.

 

“You knew?! But you said that you didn’t know her! And why didn’t you tell me?! You knew that I was looking for her.”

 

She shrugged. “I knew she worked here, but we never really talked since I think she knows I’m your friend. And why should I tell you anyway?”

 

“It would’ve been easier for me to find her!”

 

Sunny looked at her seriously. “You don’t deserve any kind of help, Tiffany. After all she went through because of you, you’re supposed to have a hard time to get her back.”

 

Tiffany didn’t say anything because she knew Sunny was right. “Can you tell me one little thing, though?”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Why isn’t she here now? I’ve been here all week and I haven’t seen her once.”

 

Sunny shook her head. “Wow, you’re dumb.”

 

“I don’t completely disagree with that, so please continue.”

 

“You came here last week and heard her sing right?”

 

She nodded.

 

“And you do know that the songs was meant for you?”

 

Another nod.

 

“And I suppose you saw the shock on her face when she found out you were here.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“And that, my friend, is the reason why she’s not here.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Dumb. Very pretty, but very dumb.” She sighed. “You weren’t even supposed to be here that night – or any other night – let alone hear that song. And now that you knows that she works here, she probably doesn’t want to see you just in case you try to talk to her again.”

Tiffany nodded but stopped midway. “Hold on, how did you know that I wanted to talk to her?”

 

“The staff.”

 

“They saw that?!”

 

“They saw everything. They know you, by the way. This is where the two of you broke up, remember?”

 

“Ah.”

 

“Anyway, it’s late. I think it’s best if you go home. Taeyeon isn’t going to be here tomorrow either, so don’t bother coming.” She pulled Tiffany off the chair to stand up. “You don’t have to pay anything, I got you covered. Now shoo!”

 

-

 

“And here we are again.”

 

“Thanks for coming.”

 

“It’s nothing to thank me for. You practically forced me to come.”

 

“I needed to talk to you.”

 

“I figured.”

 

“Okay, so now talk.”

 

“You probably know by now that Taeyeon and I saw each other at Sooyoung’s bar, right?”

 

Yuri nodded. “That same night.”

 

Tiffany’s heard clenches at the memory. “Right. So I know I probably don’t deserve help from anyone, especially from Taeyeon’s best friend, but please help me.”

 

Yuri chuckled. “What do you want me to do?”

 

“You’re willing to help me?” She was really surprised that Yuri seemed to agree to help her right away.

 

“Of course not,” Yuri scoffed. “I never wanted to do this, but Yoona said something and it made perfect sense. You’ll find out what I mean soon enough.”

 

“Wha–? What? Then what am I supposed to do? I should be doing something to get Taeyeon back! I can’t just leave everything to you.”

 

“It’s good that you said that,” Yuri smirked, scaring Tiffany, “because there is something I want you to do.”