The Encounter

Change

Beep-beep beep-beep beep-beep...

Mingyu hastily swung his arm over his nightstand and turned his alarm clock off.

"Ughh it's too goddamn early" he groaned as he rubbed his eyes.

 The sunlight peering through the window pierced his eyes like daggers. Actually that comparison would be an understatement.

Tossing and turning in bed, Mingyu reluctantly reached for his alarm clock and opened his eyes to check the time.

10:10 A.M., it read.

He put his clock down and buried his head back in his pillow. Wait. 10:10... TEN-TEN???? AS IN TEN HOUR TEN MINUTE??? Mingyu suddenly sat up. Everything started to dawn on him.

" SH*T STICKS I'M LATE OH MY GOD!" Mingyu quickly scrambled off his bed and being the clumsy klutz he was, tripped over the pile of clothes he "forgot" to wash.

"I doNT NEED THIS FROM YOU GUYS RIGHT NOW" he yelled at the fabrics. Clearly, Mingyu wasn't the brightest bulb around town.

Mingyu ran to the bathroom with supersonic speed. He uncapped his Dora toothpaste and squeezed a supple amount onto his matching Boots toothbrush.

"Awww who's a cute wittle monkey? Yes you are bootsey hehehe" he cooed at his toothbrush. Mingyu shook his head. "Okay, enough messing around. No more. Okay. Just brush your teeth. Yep. No more messing around."

He brushed his teeth with immense vigor; it was like world war 3 in his mouth. He rinsed and spit and rinsed and spit and gurgled and rinsed and spit and gurgled...

Mingyu ran back into his room and pulled on a white t-shirt and black ripped jeans. He checked himself out in the mirror, not forgetting to give himself a wink and a seductive lip bite.

"You look fineeee. I mean, I look fine, because I am me." He proceeded to check his clock again.

11:00 A.M.

"I DID NOT JUST SPEND MORE THAN 40 MINUTES DOING NOTHING OH GOD"

He grabbed his bookbags, keys, and rushed down his stairs, stumbling a few times of course.

"Forget breakfast, breakfast is for weebs", Mingyu said to himself as he put on his socks and shoes.

He walked out his dorm and locked the door. He took in a deep breath and let it out. Then he started speeding out the building and towards his college.

Wow I sure am fast, Mingyu thought to himself. Just one more block and I'll be there.

He increased his speed. As he kept running, he saw a figure approaching. It seemed to get bigger and bigger. Before he could process the information, he collided into the figure, hard.

Mingyu fell to the floor and so did the figure. "Ouch my arm" He rubbed his arm, trying to mollify the throbbing pain. Oh wait, the figure!

He went up to the person who was still sprawled out on the floor. It was a guy and judging from his school uniform, they went to the same school.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." Mingyu reached out his hand, gesturing the guy to take it. To his surprise, the guy slapped Mingyu's hand away.

"Am I okay?" the guy scoffed. "My nose is bleeding, do you think I'm fxcking okay?" Mingyu blinked. And blinked. He didn't know what to say. "What are you blinking at huh? Are you retarded?" The guy sat up and wiped his bloody nose on his uniform sleeve.

"I-I'm really sorry. Is there some way I can repay you?" Mingyu timidly asked.

"Yeah, you can fxck off." The guy stood up and started to walk away.

Mingyu ran up to him and put his hand on his shoulder. "B-but your nose is bleeding, I'll bring you to the nurse." The guy pushed Mingyu with force, causing Mingyu to stumble back, even with his big statue.

"I SAID FXCK OFF" the guy yelled.
By the time, there were onlookers watching the scene unfold. Mingyu had enough.

So this is what I get for trying to help someone, he thought.

He dusted his shirt off and said "Alright then, I'll leave you alone.", and walked away without another word.

The guy stood there and felt judging eyes on him. He heard murmurs and whispers saying "Wow what an a**hole", and "Is he mental?". He clenched his fists as he felt burning tears in his eyes. Whatever, I don't care. He walked towards the school with a heavy heart.