-ˏˋ Two ˎˊ-

Choi Hansol Ruined My Life

 ❀ arinsays ❀

hello, here's a belated, crappy update.  T^T

p/s: if there are any woozi stans out there, i'm shamelessly promoting this story: unsent. click click and u'll be directed to it!

btw!! try and guess who jaena's 'boyfriend' is gonna be ;)

 

 

For Jaena, the weekend passed by quite uneventfully. She spent her Saturday evening at the park with Chan and though he was mostly acting like his usual self, she still felt like he was hiding something from her. On normal circumstances, she would confront him about it, but this time she decided to wait. She knew that the truth would unveil itself at some point. Except, she didn't really know what it was that she was waiting for.

Came Monday, looking dull and boring, at least until Jaena walked into the school cafeteria, directly heading towards her usual table with her best friends. The sight that greeted her wasn't very usual, however, and nearly made her eyes pop out of their sockets. She stared at the two people in front of her, the shock clearly seen by the way her jaw dropped, as she screeched in a voice louder than intended, "What the hell?"

Kyulkyung nearby, who was chewing on a chocolate snack bar, let out a sigh. "Same."

 "Can you chill?" Eunbi hissed back at the girl who just arrived, worried that other people would end up staring.

 "How can I chill? What is this? What is going on?" Jaena fussed. 'This' was referring to the way Eunbi and Bin were sitting together in absolute peace. Very closely. Holding hands. Something that nobody who knew them would had ever expected to happen.

Bin chuckled, gently nudging Eunbi's elbow. "You tell her."

 "Oh, fine," Eunbi rolled her eyes. "We're dating. Happy?"

 "No , Sherlock, but how did this happen?" Jaena casually stole Kyulkyung's snack bar and took a big bite, ignoring the other girl's cries.

Moon Bin was the boy that Eunbi and Kyulkyung had lunch with on their first day of high school. He was a good friend and classmate of Kyulkyung's, and upon being introduced to Jaena and Eunbi, he became a good friend of Jaena's but not the same could be said about Eunbi. The two of them had always been at each other's throats ever since the very first time that they met, for some reason never being able to get along. Jaena and Kyulkyung always joked that it'd be funny if one day they fall in love, and well, that day had apparently come.

 "It was Thursday last week. We were just arguing during choir practice, and then this guy slipped out that he likes me, and I realised that I actually like him, too, so." Eunbi explained very briefly with a shrug of her shoulders. The light tint of pink on her cheeks were a sign that she was actually too embarrassed to go into detail.

 "Aww, that's so romantic!" Kyulkyung gushed, reclaiming her snack bar. She was smiling in genuine happiness for her friends, but Jaena's mood had obviously darkened, a long, sad hum coming out of .

 "Jae, are you not okay with this?" Bin asked in concern.

 "I'm really glad to see my ship sailing, but it isn't fair," Jaena whined before pointing an accusing finger at Eunbi. "How can this get a boyfriend before I do?"

Eunbi frowned. "The hell is that supposed to mean?"

 "Things would definitely progress faster for you if you just, I don't know, confess to Hansol?" Kyulkyung wiggled her eyebrows.

 "You like Hansol?" Bin questioned right after, and Jaena didn't have to chance the stutter out a reply to either of them as Eunbi cut her off with a naughty chuckle.

 "Speak of the devil, huh."

Instantly, Jaena's head snapped towards the direction in which Eunbi's gaze was diverted. There he was; the boy of Jaena's dreams, her own definition of perfection. In a distance, he was talking to a group of boys, his hair cutely bouncing each time he moved his head. When he laughed, Jaena automatically smiled as well, having absolutely zero control over her own actions. She didn't even realise that her friends were teasing her as she was too focused on him. All because of Choi Hansol, her heart, rather than her brain, was the one in charge.

 

 "I have to talk to you."

It was several hours later, long when the final bell of the day had rung and students were allowed to leave, that Hansol approached her with a seriousness she had never seen. Jaena was indeed intimidated, to say the least, only capable of thinking the worst. For one, she believed she had done him wrong. For another, she believed that he found out about her little secret. Truthfully, she didn't know which she would rather face.

They walked together in silence until they reached a music room; the entire time, Jaena was silently praying that nothing bad would happen between the two of them. Hansol cautiously opened the door and upon seeing that it was empty, he gestured for her to follow him inside.

 "Nobody would bother us here." he muttered, only making the situation for Jaena even scarier.

 "Uh, what, what do you have to talk about?" Jaena tried to hide that she was nervous. She scanned the room that she had never visited before—there were musical instruments, some she didn't know the exact name of. It came as a wonder to her about how Hansol would know that the room would be empty.

 "Oh, right," Hansol's serious tone was gone, and he seemed to have turned a bit shy.

 "Um, I actually don't know how to say this," he avoided Jaena's gaze, awkwardly looking at his hands instead. "C-can I just ask if you're into anyone right now?"

 "Into anyone?" Jaena repeated. "Like, like someone?"

 "Yeah! Like that."

Jaena hesitated to answer. "Well, I do, but why?"

 "Okay, how do I... uh," Hansol pursed his lips. "Okay, okay. The thing is I heard from a little bird that you like me? And I just wanted to make sure because ever since I heard that, I couldn't see you the same and I don't enjoy that because you're a great friend to me, you know? I-I just need to be sure, maybe there's another Choi Hansol that you happen to know?"

Silence. Everything was quiet, mostly because Jaena didn't know what to say. All that Hansol had said was too much for her to handle in one take, too much to process. She did pick up on two things; the fact that someone out of the few people who knew spilled the beans, and the fact that she had just gotten friendzoned. She decided that at this moment, the former was worse. Over a year of holding it in, and her crush found out from another person, it was her nightmare come true.

 "Hansol, could it be that the 'little bird' either goes by the name Boo Seungkwan or Lee Chan?" Jaena gathered the strength to ask.

Hansol immediately shook his head. "What? No, it's not them. Nope."

 "You're a bad liar, and they're so ing dead." Jaena forgot that she had an image to uphold in front of her crush the moment her blood began to boil. Those two betrayers were going into her Death Note, as if they hadn't already. She wasn't sure whether she was more furious or upset, but what she was sure of was that she was going to send them to the pits of hell the next time she saw them.

 "Wait, please! Don't tell them, you're not supposed to know that I know, but I really couldn't stand it anymore. Please, don't tell them." Hansol intuitively grabbed Jaena's shoulders and the motion of skinship was like a spell. In an instant, her anger completely subsided, and all that was left was sheer embarassment.

 "Fine. I won't tell them." Jaena's tone returned to being soft, having calmed down.

 "So, um, you do like me?" Hansol asked carefully.

Jaena panicked. She wasn't ready for this confrontation. She thought (read: hoped) that the feelings would die off someday without Hansol ever having to find out. She wasn't prepared to have their friendship ruined, so she came up with the best lie her brain could project at the very second.

 "Well. I did." Jaena her bottom lip. "But I don't anymore."

 "Oh, really?" if she could read his body language correctly, Hansol was disappointed. Yet Jaena shook it off, thinking that there was no reason for him to be.

 "Yeah, and I'm also in a relationship!" Jaena added in attempt to make her lie more believable.

 "Oh. I see. I didn't know that." Hansol nodded slowly.

 "My boyfriend and I are deciding that we should only start telling people in a week's time," Jaena forced out a chuckle. "So, hey! You're one of the first to know."

Hansol smiled, but it didn't quite reach his ears like always. Not wanting to be there any longer, Jaena clasped her hands together. One more white lie to make.

 "Practice is starting soon, so I have to go," Jaena cleared . In reality, the coach was on an emergency leave and hence, training was suspended. "Are we all done here?"

 "Yeah, we're done. Thanks for coming with me, sorry for holding you back." Hansol gave her a wave of goodbye.

 "It's cool." Jaena assured him.

It really wasn't.