EPILOGUE to the EPILOGUE - To Dara.

Somewhere Only We Know

 

I can't get enough of the idea of seeing you as soon as I wake up. 

 

It's truly one of the few things that makes me look forward to every tomorrow. 

 

I'm 27 now while you're... goddamn, you still look like you're in high school, babe. Even though we both grew older, I feel like nothing has changed with how you look. You're still the same beautiful noona that I fell in love with at first sight. There's not a day when I've ever forgotten to tell you that you're beautiful. You get all flustered and start blushing when I say it and it only makes me want to say it more since I know that I'm the only one who can make you react like that. 

 

Unlike the past, your hair's shorter and there's some laugh lines appearing on the sides of your eyes. Honestly, I believe that those little changes were making you even charming in my eyes. It was like I have this special filter for you that always makes me find you so ing attractive that you make me wanna instantly rip my clothes off so that I could worship your sweet body. 

 

You're the most beautiful thing on Earth, Sandara Kwon. And hell, am I the luckiest bastard ever or what? 

 

I say that now but I think someone else is gonna try to steal your thunder soon. Little Kwon Seul-bi is becoming just as pretty as her mother. She's lethal, really. As soon as she was born, I knew that she had already wrapped me around her cute little fingers. She was a combination of us and I only realized that as she grew older. I thought she was a complete replica of you but as soon as she opened , I knew she was mine too. I mean, no one can inherit the same genius wit as mine unless you have my DNA. It's only basic science, you know?

 

Seul-bi was one fussy baby during our first years with her. Her sleep cycles were reversed since she would always be awake at night while be asleep in the day. You said you would be in charge of night duty since I would already be exhausted because I was working two jobs. I rolled my eyes at that and we were about to argue when you shut me up with a kiss. Suddenly, I was lost. And suddenly, we were in in bed together. Aigoo, someone's getting way too overconfident with her skills now, isn't she? But, hell, it never gets old and it always makes me shut up. 

 

I hope you'll keep doing that, babe. 

 

One night, Seul-bi was crying especially loudly and we both groaned in unison at the sound. I was about to get up but you put a hand over my chest and pushed me back down on the bed. You gave me that sleepy, sedated smile as if you've just been thoroughly ed... which we did and which I would gladly do again if you didn't abandon me and leave me in bed that time. Sometimes I think Seul-bi-yah was growing up to be a little er but hey, she's the little er that I love with all my heart so I really can't do anything about it. 

 

You didn't notice but I followed you that night. Your eyes were still sleepy while you carefully rocked her in your arms. You were singing to her a classic lullaby that my mother used to sing—that you sang to me when you were stuck babysitting me. You only sing when your drunk but this time, you were sober and , Dara, I swear I almost wept. It wasn't just because I loved hearing you sing but it was more for the fact that you were singing it so sweetly to our daughter.

 

Affection laced in your voice while contentment danced in your eyes. You looked at her as if you were holding the world in your hands and I was by the doorstep, watching my most precious ones sharing a moment. I quietly went back to bed, waiting for you, but you didn't show. I was about to fall asleep when I felt your arms embrace me while you snuggled closer to my chest. I glanced at the time and realized that you've stayed with Seul-bi for a little over two hours and that's when I realized that your daughter already has you wrapped around her fingers too. 

 

I rubbed your back and hummed the same tune that you sang earlier for her. You quickly fell asleep in my arms but I couldn't. The thought of you with me was still something my mind couldn't comprehend. How was I able to get this wonderful woman to make a family with me? That was what I kept thinking. 

 

You've told me countless of times that you feel like you don't deserve me. How could you even think like that when I'm in front of you? I'm probably one of the most flawed people in the world and yet you still think that you're not good enough. It really makes me sad and frustrated that you believe that. Was I not showing you how much I cherished you enough? Have I forgotten to mention how absolutely perfect you are? I would say and repeat all the things that make you flawless just to make you see that you've always been worth it. 

 

I know you're weak to your insecurities—especially your age—but always know that I'll be right here. I may not be perfect but I'm willing to work harder so that you will never make a mistake of choosing me. I may not say it out loud but... I'm afraid that I don't deserve you too... that you're gonna get tired of me someday and leave me. We'll probably fight over this so it's good that I wrote it on paper so that you won't interrupt me. I swear, Dara, if you stop here and talk to me about this without finishing this whole thing, I'm gonna... I'm... not gonna sleep with you! Figuratively and literally! Hmmph! 

 

Anyway. The back of my mind believes in that because... look at you! You're smart. You're funny. You're beautiful. And holy mother of god, do you know how good you are in bed? Sweet Jesus, I'm already panting just thinking about it. EHEM. You're all of that—all perfect—and I'm just this stupid dud who chained you with those three words.

 

I love you, Dara. I love you so ing much. I don't know where the future will take us but I hope that we'll still be together until the end. I'd marry you everyday if that's the only way to make you eternally bound to me. 

 

You're it, for me. 

 

And little Seul-bi's the one that makes me hope for more. 

 

About two years later, Seul-bi learned how to walk and talk. She's just as clumsy as you and sometimes she'll trip over her feet or fall over nothing. I'll be a if I say that's the funniest thing ever but goddammit, that is the funniest and cutest thing ever! Of course the crying that comes after is never funny, but luckily, good ol' appa is there to save the day. I'd lift her up and bounce her around while I'm making strange sounds that your daughter finds absolutely hilarious. 

 

Sometimes you'd film us on your phone and you would burst out in laughing tears when she accidentally vomits on my shoulder when I'm burping her or when she farts when I change her diapers. I would've laughed too but I was the one who was taking all the heat of her puke and hot air. 

 

At first, I thought babies were spawns of the devil but then we had Seul-bi and I just can't take my eyes off her. She's so cute and plump like a little cherry tomato!! She gets red and blushes easily too! Be it if she's angry or when I'm tickling the life out of her, she'll get red in a heartbeat. I don't know where she got that from but you once said that I blush easily too. I was so scandalized and offended that I didn't talk to you for a whole 5 minutes! And then you just haddd to sulkily poke my cheek and you suddenly squealed in my ear, saying, "There it is!!! Aigooooo, you're blushing!" That just made me blush even harder and ignore you for another 5 more minutes while you teased me about it. 

 

Seul-bi's birthday parties were just kind of like our own family thing. We didn't know much people here and the only people that we do know are kindly old people who are nice enough to help out when we don't know what to do with Seul-bi (e.g. when she's sick). 

 

On her first birthday, we both took a day off and announced that it was gonna be a stay-in day. You baked her a cake while I decorated it the best that I can. I should be great at this. I took an art class in college for Christ' sake. But sadly, a pencil was a million times different than that icing bag tip so... well, it may not have looked great but it certainly didn't look like . Besides, Seul-bi was a year old. She wouldn't remember it anyway. 

 

Instead of blowing the candles like we acted out for her to do, she sneezed and some of her sneeze spit went on to the cake. It definitely blew out that candle though. We looked at each other with the same disgusted face before we both burst out in fits of laughter. You were cackling as you wiped her nose clean. I on the other hand, left my knees to give out as I shook and giggled on the floor. I didn't know if Seul-bi knew that we were laughing at her because a second later, she started crying, and we instantly stopped, looking guilty. 

 

I hurriedly took her into my arms and rocked her better while you carefully removed the party hat she wore as you rubbed her back. In the midst of us trying to comfort her, we caught each other's eyes and smiled. I was about to lean down for a kiss when she sobbed harder. Like I said, your daughter was a notorious er. I sighed and cooed at her again while you went to the kitchen to prepare her milk. 

 

I don't know why you would think that taking a picture after that mess was necessary but you did. You took a photo of us with your daughter crying in my arms as a trail of snot dipped out from her nose, with you and your crazed hair, looking all ed up when it was just a result of the day's antics, and with me with my more-than-obvious eye bags and haggardly handsome face. It was safe to say that we were the most beautiful family out there. 

 

We decided to visit Seoul on her second birthday. We had to take a long train ride to get there so when we stepped into Lotte World, my little cherry tomato was still sleeping in her omma's arms. Because of that, we decided to eat first and visit the amusement park later. Walking to a nearby family restaurant, I saw a familiar group of faces. You looked at me with concern when I abruptly stopped and then you followed where my eyes were looking at. 

 

I honestly didn't know what to do right then. The old me would just run up to them and ask how everyone was doing. But this me... the me now... I knew they knew what happened back in college, that I was caught with a teacher and that I dropped out. What would they think of me? Of us? Would they look down at us? And with you and Seul-bi right there, I couldn't risk being ostracized in public. You took my hand, sensing that something was wrong and I just smiled, planning to turn as around when I heard one of them call out to me. 

 

"Jiyong-ah!!"

 

I froze in my spot and I could see you starting to panic beside me while your hand tightened around mine. Luckily, Seul-bi was still sleeping so she wasn't gonna witness the possible show that was about to happen. At the sound of their hurried footsteps, I forced myself to turn around, only to get the life knocked out of me when Seungri suddenly launched himself toward me, almost making me fall down to my . 

 

"Jiyong-ah!!!!" the er cried in my ear. 

 

Eventually, the other guys were able to reach us. I felt you hide behind me while you shifted Seul-bi's stroller to the back but since Seungri still had me by the neck, he got a full view of you. The other's gave me unsure smiles, not really knowing what to do unlike the man-child that was clinging to me. I left without saying goodbye to them. They may not consider me as a best friend since I came in late in their group but they were the only best friends that I've ever truly had. It was sad, I know, but it was true. It truly had only been you and them. The others who may have seen me talk to from the past were just mere acquaintances. 

 

"Goddamit, get off me!" I tried pushing him away but he only tightened his hold, damn near choking me. Thankfully, Seunghyun and Daesung helped me remove that leech. After that, Youngbae suddenly clapped my shoulder and gave me a one-arm hug. 

 

"We're the have you been, ?" he said and I don't know why but I just... cried. And Jesus, do I cry so easily now. Slowly, they all came up to me and clapped my back, telling me to cheer up and comforting me. All the while, you were still behind me, feeling left out and alone. 

 

I turned around to look at you and I could feel them glancing over at you too. You visibly cowered, bowing your head down and refusing to meet my eyes but I took your hand and pulled you to me. "Hey guys, this is my wife." I said softly, introducing you to them. I could feel my body shaking with a mixture of fear and excitement. I didn't look at them as I said it because I was looking at you—you and only you. We were in this together and I didn't want you to feel alone so I gave my entire focus on you. 

 

There was a brief silence until I finally looked up and saw them smiling at me. It was genuine too. Not one of pity or deception. I didn't know if you taught any of them but they seemed to know who you are. 

 

"Mrs. Park." It was Seunghyun you first called you out. He took out his hand for a handshake, and with a nod, I silently urged you to take it. You were so quiet and fragile back then but it was completely understandable.

 

It has only been more or less three years since we both got our 'reputation'. I was grateful that they were considerate of you, only asking general questions like how you've been instead of bringing up the dark past. You mumbled your words and I explained that you were just too shy, making them chuckle a little. You hit me out of embarrassment and I caught a glimmer of amusement in their eyes. I knew from before that they wouldn't judge me so why did I even bother thinking of that now. 

 

When I introduced our little one to them, they all squealed like the pansies that they really were. Of course, I squealed too when I first saw Seul-bi but that was different. It was so funny to see big, tough-looking guys who clearly just came out from the military, cooing and trying to make our little girl laugh. At that moment, you started to relax and you've gotten your confidence back since you were able to kiss my freely on a wide, public street.

 

You muttered a silent "Thank you" against my lips before you put your hand on my chest and embraced me with all your might. I soothed your back and kissed your head when I caught them staring at us with teasing grins on their faces. I smiled back while you shyly peeked over your shoulder to look at them too. 

 

I offered if they wanted to go to lunch with us but they politely declined, saying that they had just finished their lunch break and were now going back to their respective offices. They didn't work together but they still managed to stay in this tight-knit group of theirs. A part of me imagined what it would be like if I was a part of this lunch group but with that in mind, I don't think I would have you and Seul-bi so I quickly threw that idea away. Daesung asked if I still used the same cellphone number and I was quick to give them my new one when I said that I didn't. 

 

They asked how long I'll be staying and when I told them that It would just be for this day, they looked clearly disappointed. You were fidgeting beside me and I was about to ask you what was wrong when you suddenly said, "You can go with them later." You waved a hand, smiling, "I'll just play with Seul-bi later." I frowned while you raised a brow. But I wanted to play with her too, I wanted to say. Yet it all fell mute in my mouth since I knew that I wanted to hang out with them too. We were looking at each other silently, mentally arguing each other about this trivial thing when Seungri spoke. 

 

"I get off work by 4 while the others get of later. We can meet at my apartment and talk for a while before you go back home." He was looking at you as he said it and he looked nervous. "Would that be alright, n-noona?" The others looked at him amusedly when he stuttered. "I kinda wanna see more of Seul-bi too..." 

 

You looked at him weirdly for a second before you laughed—like, actually laughed. We didn't know what was funny so we just stared at you with mirth but you were so happy that we didn't have the reason to look concerned. You nodded your head and looked at me before you smiled at him, "Yes, it's alright." you said, agreeing, "Seul-bi needs some handsome uncles to play with her too."  

 

Seunghyun mumbled, "We're not uncles... we're oppas." That made you laugh even more and I was left to say bye with Seul-bi since you couldn't stop giggling for the life of you. 

 

Eventually, we ate lunch at that family restaurant and we went back to Lotte World to have fun. That 'fun' grew short-lived though since Seul-bi didn't think that screaming kids on rides and creepy animal costumes were her definition of fun. Our little cherry tomato was a grumpy one that day. But even then, she was still so gosh darn cute with her little pig tails and her flushing cheeks. 

 

In the end, we left the amusement park, only having ridden two rides before the crying started. We didn't book a hotel since we weren't even planning to stay here for long so we didn't have anywhere else to calm her down. We found a park down by the round and we were doing everything we can to make her laugh, or at least make her stop. 

 

She stopped when you started to sing and I was mesmerized by it that I thought the whole world stopped while you sang. You never sang to her while I was in the same room since you kept getting shy but that was the least of your concerns right now. You just wanted your daughter to be calm and happy. And you didn't care about anything else. I wanted to kiss you right then but you were holding her so tenderly that I just allowed myself to watch. 

 

You're such a goddamn blessing, Sandara. I must've saved the country in my past life to have you. 

 

When 4pm came, we went to the address Seungri texted me earlier and he eagerly let us in. Seungri had always been a rich kid but he definitely didn't let it get to his head. His status may have overshined as all but he was the most humble out of all of us. After a while, the others came it, some bringing their girlfriends too. Just like the guys from earlier, the girls squealed when they saw little Seul-bi playing on the carpeted floor. It seemed like all of us flowed in a natural pace since you were easy to mix with the other girls while I was with the guys. 

 

Finally, they asked me what they've been dying to ask and I answered truthfully since I trusted them. Daesung asked if you was the same wife that I told them about when we went out for drink a few years ago and I nodded, saying, that you've always been the one. In turn, I asked what happened after things blew up and they all shared a look before shrugging. 

 

"I don't know, pretty much what you'd expect." Seunghyun recalled, "Both of you were the talk of uni for months until it naturally died down. Thankfully, we were out there just two months after you left and I've never been more relieved. I couldn't stand another day with people romanticizing those bull rumors about you guys." 

 

Youngbae nodded in agreement, "Word got around that you seduced her but some are saying that she seduced you."

 

I curled my hands into fist and growled, "You know that's not what happened."

 

"We know." Seungri snorted. "That's why we couldn't wait to leave that god-awful place." 

 

"Thank you."

 

And then Daesung suddenly said, "I've always thought Mrs. Park was pretty."

 

My brow twitched. He was looking at you when he said it.

 

All of them nodded. "She's pretty hot too." Seungri mumbled. 

 

"Yah!" 

 

"Christ, Jiyong. Every guy in campus practically has a crush on her. You have her now so give us one last appreciative look, you selfish ." Seunghyun grumbled.

 

I hit him on the arm. "You already have a ing girlfriend. Stop looking at my wife like that." 

 

"Your wife." Seungri sneered jokingly. "Look at you, looking so smug." 

 

Then we started with our playful bantering, the ones that I've missed. But suddenly, you came into view while, leaving Seul-bi with the other girls. The guys immediately quieted down with guilty looks on their faces. 

 

"What's up?" You popped the 'p' while you looked at them with those innocent brown eyes of yours. You glanced at me for a second before you cringed. "D-Did I interrupt something. I'm sorry—"

 

Almost simultaneously, they all erupted with a batch of "No you didn't!", "We weren't talking about anything!," and "Please Stay!". I told you I was telling you the truth when I said that the entire student population had their eyes on you. But you didn't listen. And now you were stuck with the mess that my friends have become. 

 

"You're still so pretty, noona!" Seungri gulped. I don't know why he was shaking your hand. "Can I call you n-noona?" You giggled and nodded and I swear I saw them swoon at what you did. When I tried to put you behind me, they shot me a glare before they put all their attention back to you. 

 

They were all mentioning how much your looks hadn't changed a bit and how you still looked beautiful. I tried to hide your blush but when I tried to put my hand over your face, you swatted it away, making them see that cute glower of yours. 

 

After a couple minutes, you reminded me that it was almost time to go. We said our goodbyes, feeling hesitant but happy nonetheless. I promised them that we would stay in touch and you offered them to pay a visit if they have a chance.

 

Seul-bi was fast asleep as soon as the train started moving. It was already way past 10pm and you were easily falling asleep by my side just like our little cherry tomato. I was about to fall asleep too but then you laced your hand in mine and whispered in my ear.

 

"I'm pregnant."

 

And from that tiny whisper, all of my exhaustion disappeared and I kissed you with all my heart. 

 

We were having another girl... and a boy! We were having twins! Goddamn twins! Holy , I don't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing but oh my ing god! WE WERE HAVING TWINS.

 

We were both pale in the face when the doctor said it but then we both erupted in a shared celebration when it finally sunk in. I kissed you all over the face while you giggled beneath me that night. I showered your face and your body with kisses and you moaned my name so loud that you woke Seul-bi, our little angelic er. 

 

This time, you agreed to have your maternity leave on the 6th month since you were starting to feel a great strain in your stomach. Naturally, you'll feel a lot more since you were carrying two more Kwons in there. I gave you all the space and all the time that you need. If I treated you like a queen then, I treated you like the ruler of the goddamn world now. 

 

I took extra care of you. I even started to do kitchen duty so that you wouldn't have to lug yourself around and groan in pain. Seul-bi was being a little trooper too. She just turned 3 and even then, I could tell that she was growing up. Of course, she didn't actually help in anything but she'd often watch me while I worked and say, "Seul-bi believes in you, daddy! I love you~" and I'm just... if that isn't the best thing a father could hear then I don't know what is. She's the best moral support I could ever ask for. 

 

Thankfully, I was there when your water broke and I quickly drove us to the emergency room before I could start to panic. It was midnight at that time and I was thinking of leaving Seul-bi to our neighbors but they were probably fast asleep so I just brought her with us. I couldn't think straight at that time so we left the house with only our pajamas. I was relieved enough to be actually wearing pajamas that night since I always liked sleeping in the . 

 

They didn't allow Seul-bi to go in the delivery room with me so I asked a nurse to watch her. I told our little cherub that I'd be right back because omma needed me. She was about to cry because she wanted to come too so I had to stay with her until she fell asleep, which wasn't long. 

 

When I came in, you started throwing your pillow at me, screaming, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, YOU ING ?!" Well, I was busy calming your daughter so excuse me, little Ms. Anger Issues. The nurses weren't even fazed when you belted that out since they've already seen the horrific monster you've became during your first pregnancy. 

 

I kissed your head and cooed at you but you clawed me. You actually clawed me. I don't know if you remember but you really did that. I winced in pain but thought none of it since my love and tolerance for your beastliness was stronger. When the contractions finally started, you grabbed my hand for dear life and gripped. You held it so hard that I could actually feel it pulsing and throbbing. 

 

You were gonna give a natural delivery but we were placed in an operating room for the sake of cases when things go south and they have to do an emergency C-section. They said that you had a uterus of a 21 year old so we shouldn't expect anything bad to happen. Thank Jesus for that.

 

The time finally came and one thing led to another and now, they were asking you to push. Your hand was crushing mine, like literally crushing it—I think I heard it crack in between your screams, but I still loved you nonetheless. At the sound of your piercing scream, a baby girl popped out. After about 10 minutes later, it was time for my boy to shine. 

 

They were screaming like you but goddamn, that was the most perfect noise I could ever hear in my life. Who would've thought that one squirt of mine would make two babies at the same time? I now believed that I had great baby making powers (I mean, look at Seul-bi! That girl is the most perfect thing in the entire world!) and with great power comes great responsibility. 

 

I was probably gonna have to do a vasectomy after this, honestly. 

 

Like last time, you passed out cold as soon as you pushed them out. This however didn't last long as you woke up a half hour later. The twins were still at the nursery where they were being closely examined. It was like this last time too but you were asleep so you didn't get a chance to hold them or see them in that room. You panicked at first, asking where the baby was, but I quickly calmed you down and pulled you into my arms so I can hug and kiss you. 

 

Bidding you a quick "I'll be right back", I raced out the door to get Seul-bi. Honestly, I almost (emphasis on that, please) forgot about her but I didn't! Little cherry tomato was in the hospital play pen near the nurses' station. Your daughter's eyes instantly lit up and she launched herself at me as soon as I entered the room. I quickly thanked the nurses who looked after you and left to get back to you, softly patting little Seul-bi's and lulling her to sleep. It was already 4am and her sleep schedule was gonna get ruined because of this day but it's worth it. She always wanted a sibling and now she'll get two!

 

When we entered your room, your eyes immediately glazed over at the sight of our sleeping daughter. You reached out your arms for her and a carefully gave her to you as you tucked her in place. You were hugging her so tightly, your nose burrowing in her neck. And then you wept. You sobbed quietly against her hair while I hugged you by the shoulders. 

 

"I c-can't believe it." you slurred, looking at me with a face full of tears. "I'm so happy." Your smile was shaky and it broke my heart a little. 

 

"But why are you crying?" I cooed. 

 

You looked at Seul-bi before you leaned against my shoulder. "Because I never thought I would be this happy." 

 

And that's when I realized that we've always been living in a world where we repressed ourselves. In the back of our minds, we didn't allow ourselves to truly be happy because we were too conscious of society's prejudices. And now we had three kids. We made them, not society. We made our own happiness and for that, we can truly be happy. I didn't know what bliss really felt like until I held our daughter in my arms. Now that we have two more kids, I know that I'll forever be happy.

 

Let's fast-forward and now I'm 35 and you're... still so ing gorgeous that it's a sin. Seul-bi's 11 while Yongjun and Eun-yeong are 8 years old. You let your hair grow long again but you don't let it past your chest anymore like back then. I know you won't believe me when I say this but you don't look a day over 30. Seriously. The oldest age that you look like you belong to is 28, at most. You're like wine. So exquisite. And you taste better with age. Literally. You're ing delicious, Sandara Kwon. 

 

Anyway, you were still working at the elementary school at that time while I managed to get a corporate job that paid a good amount. You helped me save up so that I could finish my undergrad and luckily, I only needed one course to graduate: Economics. And guess who was damn good at economics? Me—I mean you. I'm just kidding. You're the teacher after all. 

 

At nights, you would teach me in the living room but I'd often get distracted because... well, you're you and that alone could make me distracted in a heartbeat. You would flick me on the head whenever you caught me daydreaming and I pouted, asking for a private lesson instead. You thoroughly kicked my for that. Just be lucky that your kids weren't there to hear my agonized screams. That was so not y, Dara. 

 

Okay, it was a little y. 

 

After four months of online school, I finally got my diploma and that snagged me a job at the next town. It was about a 45 minute drive with traffic but if I was lucky, I could get there by 20 minutes. 

 

Years with living with the kids thought us a lot of things. They thought us to be considerate and patient. Oh how they thought us to be extra patient. Seul-bi was slowly growing out of her crazy ways but she was still a little crazy. The twins however, were another thing. I don't know where in the hell they got so much energy from! I knew you were a quiet kid and I was a little rambunctious but I was never that catastrophic! 

 

Our house echoed with an array of shouts during our first two years with them. After that, they switched to non-stop talking, which honestly isn't any better. At 5 they were running around like horses. And at 6, they were so prone to accidents that you almost didn't allow them to leave the house unless we were there on patrol duty. 

 

Seul-bi, my little ing (she still does it) angel, has the heart to help her omma and appa out. She'd be in charge of diaper duty and bath times, on occasion. She would be on storybook reading duty too when we're especially tired that day. Sometimes though, she rides with the twins' shenanigans and those are the days where absolute hell would break lose. 

 

Even though our kids (god bless their souls) were a pain in the sometimes, there are days where I'm the most thankful to have them here. Which is everyday... but I'm gonna tell you a specific time so, just read along, okay? 

 

The day was May 18, our wedding anniversary. Time flew and you didn't even realize that we were already at our 10th year anniversary. Lucky for you, you have a very thoughtful, handsome, and y husband. I got everything planned out for that day and I even asked the kids to help me out. Making them promise to keep it a secret was the hardest task of my life but then I bribed them with money and suddenly, their mouths were tightly shut. They truly were my kids. 

 

It was a Sunday that day which was perfect considering what we've already planned. I woke you up with bed in breakfast. I told you to stay in bed because you deserved to relax but you scowled and said that you had to pee and brush your teeth. Way to ruin the moment, babe. In the end, I let you go to the bathroom and you came back to the bed to eat breakfast with me. The kids were still asleep at that time and I let them have their rest since it was gonna get busy later on. 

 

After the food, I thoroughly enjoyed my other 'meal' which was served with a side of slender legs, melodious moans, and scratches on my back. When we were done, I gave you my first gift.

 

"A dress?" You smiled questioningly. "What's it for?" 

 

You don't know how much I wanna kiss that slight pout on your lips right then. I told you that we were going on a date with the kids and you smiled so bright that I thought I was gonna go blind. You pulled me in for a sweet kiss before your eyes went back to the dress, your fingers tracing on the intricate lace. It was a white dress and it was fairly simple on its own accord let alone the laced pattern on the top half of it. The dress had short sleeves and it kinda poofed out in the bottom like a regular skirt. There was a black belt that hugged the waist of it too. I knew that you loved it just by that look on your face.

 

Just in time, the kids came in squealing at our room. The girls gasped at the pretty dress while my man, Yongjun just scowled and gave me a shake of the head. I ruffled his hair amusedly and told everyone to get ready so that we could head out. Your kids weren't discreet in giving me their knowing looks and I just shrugged when you raised a brow at me. I didn't even have to bribe them to get ready without whining because they were already running to their rooms even before I could finish explaining myself. 

 

We started walking along the streets with the kids running around us. We met Mr. Han on the way and he stopped to mention how beautiful you looked in the dress. You blushed and bowed a little as thanks and we went back to walking. That didn't last long though because Mrs. Song and her daughter saw us too and they awed at you. You bashfully denied their praise and unconsciously hid your face on my shoulder. I laughed and pulled us again for that walk, giving the Songs a thankful nod on the way. 

 

"You're so pretty, mommy!" Eun-yeong said. "I wanna be pretty like you tooooooo!"

 

You laughed and tipped her chin. "You're already pretty Eun-yeong-ah." And then you looked at Seul-bi, "And you're one pretty little girl too, Seul-bi-ah."

 

"What about me!" Yongjun frowned. 

 

I ruffled his hair and grinned. "Don't worry, son. You're handsome and manly like your appa." And that got me a toothless grin from him. 

 

We walked around town for a while and almost everybody we passed by commented on who beautiful you looked and how cute our children were. You'd get shyer the more it happened and it only made you cuter. You'd keep asking me where I was taking you but I would never give you the real answer. 

 

I don't think you noticed but we just walked around a few blocks and ended up near our house. When you realized that were close to home, I pulled you in the children's park a few houses away from our street and we both sat on the bench. The kids started to play while you kept asking, "What the hell is going on, Kwon Jiyong?" There was a smile on your face so I knew you were enjoying it too so I didn't bother saying the answer. 

 

A few moments later, Seul-bi went up to us and handed you a photograph before she ran back to the twins. You looked at it with puzzled amusement before your eyes widened in a delighted surprise. "It's you!" you giggled, pointing at a grumpy but incredibly handsome baby. 

 

I smiled and watched how the wind swept you hair back, the sun kissing your reddening cheeks. "I think I was 1 at that time and I remember the horror stories." I laughed at a memory. "I think I pooped on you... on your hand... and your were so disgusted by it that you cried and hit me on the ear."

 

You scoffed, "You pooped on me! What did you want me to do? Kiss your embarrassment away?" 

 

"That would've been nice." And then you hit my shoulder. I laughed again and continued, "I was 1 at that time and even then I knew that a pretty noona was taking care of me. I mean, have you noticed? I couldn't keep my eyes away from you then and I sure as hell can't keep my eyes away from you now."

 

You snorted. "Old habits die hard." 

 

"I was 1 but I already knew what perfection looked like. And I wanted to be a part of it... I remember omma told me once that I'd burst out in tears and throw tantrums whenever you left for the night. I didn't want to be apart from you because even then I knew, you already took a big piece from me... and I couldn't even control my poops at that time!" 

 

You chuckled and put your head on my shoulder. "You were too young to feel those kinds of things, Jiyong-ah."

 

"You did make me wanna poop and pee more so that I could get you to touch my—"

 

"Kwon Jiyong!" you flushed. 

 

"I was just kidding." I kissed your head and at that time, Eun-yeong stepped up to hand you a familiar chained pocket watch. You opened it and grinned when you found that it still work. You're sparkling eyes looked at me questioningly once more and I couldn't help myself so I kissed you first. "Do you remember that?" 

 

You nodded. "It was the first gift gave me when you confessed to me." 

 

"Yeah. I told you I'd give you something every month that would tell you how much you mean to me." I know. It was corny as hell but you better admit it, I was romantic as . "Do you remember what the meaning behind that is?"

 

She blinked as she watched the seconds go on the clock. "Time stops when I'm with you." you mumbled. And at that moment, I took out the battery and threw it in the bushes while you sputtered and laughed. 

 

"Time stops when I'm with you." I repeated. "I get so lost in you that I forget or ignore everything that's around us. You were my escape to happiness and you always made me feel free to do whatever because I was with you. Everything was frozen but you and I were the only ones alive. You made me feel alive in a place where everything was bound."

 

Your knuckled grazed my cheek as you looked at me with wonder. "What's this all about, Jiyong?" you asked, your voice so faint that I almost didn't hear it. 

 

It was Yongjun's turn this time and you took a sharp breath when you saw what he was holding. I took it kindly and said my last piece. 

 

"From then until now, the way I look at you... the way I think about you, and the way that I love you has never changed. You're everything to me and god knows how much I ing cherish you." My voice was growing shaky but I continued, "You gave me three beautiful children, you gave me a life that I always dreamt of having, and you gave me you. I love you, Sandara." I cupped your face and pressed my lips to yours, breathing in once I pulled away. "Happy 10th anniversary." 

 

You started crying and the kids quickly hugged you, thinking that you were sad. You laughed shakily and hugged them back as you looked at me with that same smile you gave me when I first proposed to you. Bringing out the ring, I got down on one knee and smiled back. 

 

"Will you marry me?" 

 

We were happy and we were free. We'll finally get married in a church like you wanted instead of only on paper like we first did. You'd be the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen and the whole town would gather around to see how lucky I am to have such a woman. We would celebrate like there's no tomorrow and our kids would probably end up ruining the party because of their antics. Don't worry, it'll be alright since at the end of the day, they'll tell us that they love us and every inch of negativity would just suddenly melt away. 

 

We laughed. We cried. We lived. We made. And we loved. 

 

We've always lived in a place that only the two of us knew.

 

We were never sinners, only two people in love.

 

For right now, let's both be happy. 

 

I love you, Sandara Kwon.

 

For forever and always. 

 


 

I freaking swear this is the end, guys! I'm seriously not writing anymore ㅠㅠㅠ I was supposed to stop at Ch.2 but hell, the plot was just too good to pass up! BUT IT'S TIME TO STOP. This made me crazy as much as you did because I couldn't get enough of if for like two weeks.

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the ride~ It truly has been fun writing every chapter of this ^^ Thank you to everyone who supported the fic and left comments. You guys really pushed me to write more and hell, did I really want to write more!

Anyway, this marks an end of another journey. Until next time~

Have a lovely rest of your day, everyone!