Chapter 2

Tak it out on me

 

The mysterious Kai did not return to the office that day, nor the next, it took almost a week and a half before he made another appearance in Jesse's office, which drove Bex crazy. She was beginning to wonder if she'd made him, if it had either been a dream or a mirage. Jesse hadn't been concerned with the visitor, as a matter of fact he said he'd be happy if the guy never showed back up, because he was supposed to be mentoring the newbie, and he didn't want to commit to that. Bex had pouted, wondering if maybe Jesse had talked to the higher-ups and gotten out of it altogether. She wouldn't put it past her boss, he was lazy as hell, she did most of his paperwork for him.

Then he just walked into their office one day, like he'd been doing that forever, walking in their office. She had a client in front of her, so she didn't even see him at first. The client was complaining about the settlement that Jesse had agreed on in their behalf. 

"I'm truly sorry, but you signed the waver, giving him permission to sign whatever he thought was in your best interest," Bex was exasperated, but was trying to be respectful. The client had been there three times that day, looking for Jesse. Jesse was there, but he didn't want to see the client, he believed that if the client signed that waver, then the client should get over themselves and deal with whatever deal he made for them. 

"I think maybe your complaint would be better heard downstairs," The voice reached my ears before the face reached my eyes. I felt the heat creep up my neck, and my heart beat a little faster with the recognition. "There's a place for complaints on the first floor, I'm sure this young lady is just doing her job," The client gave Kai a scowl, before taking her purse and storming out of the office.

"Oh my God, thank you," She breathed, as some of the tension left the office with the woman. Of course there was a new kind of tension, one that she made all on her own as she gazed dumbfoundedly at Kai.

"Well you're not the one that made the deal, so why should you have to suffer? I'm assuming Jesse isn't here?" His eyes were full of compassion as he gazed at her, Bex felt herself falling into those eyes.

"No, he's here, one sec I'll let him know you're here," Bex glanced up at him before her hand went towards the phone, but she stilled as she noticed the confusion written all over his face. "Yes?" She questioned, wondering how she'd confused him in the matter of seconds.

"If he's here, then why didn't he talk to the client? Why are you out here alone?" His question may have held merit in any other office, but not Jesse's.

"He feels that if the client signed such a waver, then they should have to deal with whatever the outcome turns out to be," She shrugged, like it was obvoius.

"That doesn't answer my question, why are you the one dealing with his client?" I pondered why he was so angry, he looked downright pissed off.

"Um... its my job? I mean if I don't turn them away, who will?" It was my turn to be confused, he only looked more irritated by my answer.

"You shouldn't be the one dealing with the clients that he pissed off, that should be him," Kai ran a hand through his hair, it was mid-length like Jongin's and styled much like his too. I wasn't sure how I'd upset him, but I wanted to fix it. "Get me in there, I'll give him a piece of my mind." I quickly called Jesse, and hoped that the new guy wasn't about to get himself fired over me.