2: The Idiot Oppa, the Pretty Eonni and the Annoying Dongsaeng

The Start of an End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment Kwon Jiyong glanced up from scribbling the orders of their customers, he knew something was different. Like something was bound to happen. Whatever it was, this girl in front of her, whom he’s now staring down, had something to do with it.

Maybe it’s because of her unusual big black eyes, or her messy bun, or how her brows creased in confusion of what was happening to them. It also did not help that he also noticed the way she parted her lips trying to say something but ended up closing it. He grinned in the process. What was happening? Yes, he was confused but he could not help but to laugh to himself for whatever he has been experiencing now.

As much as time had given them to see beyond reality, they have to go back. And luckily or unluckily for Jiyong, he was the first one who came back. Nonetheless, he never failed to smile at her when he saw her biting her bottom lip.

With the gummy smile plastered all over his face, he asked the most obvious question a waiter would ask to his customer.

“Good morning miss! Have you chosen what to order already?” He looked her in the eye just as she started blinking her way out of reverie. Now he couldn’t stop smiling and didn’t even know exactly why.

“Wait, what… what?” he tried suppressing his laugh by biting his inner cheek because the girl in front of him just lost it. ‘Cute’ he thought when in fact it was a pure clueless act for her.

He pointed at the menu in her hands. “Can I take your order now?”

 

‘Oh order!’

Dara suddenly became aware of her surroundings as she frantically scanned the menu in her hands. ‘What to eat? What to eat?!’ was all she could think now considering a man she just had a staring battle a while ago just made her feel embarrass with those gummy smiles of his.

“Uhm…” she knew she needed to calm down ‘cause there’s really no reason for her to feel hysterical but she couldn’t comprehend it in her messy brain considering she had nothing in mind to eat yet and the presence of someone waiting for her just seemed to pressure her. Not to mention that it was a man! She’s awkward with men.

“Well, you could try the Chocolate Black Pepper cake if you want,” the man in front of her suggested. She looked up at him. “It’s really good!”

Though still feeling embarrass, she nodded her head in acknowledgement of his suggestion. “Is it, really?” she asked, trying to establish a confident customer look.

“Yeah, it’s my personal favorite if you ask me.”

She nodded her head once again as she tried scanning the menu for drinks.

“You know,” the man started once again making her look at him. “You could also try some hot cappuccino.”

“Cappuccino?” was all she could say.

“Yeah. Never gets old. A personal favorite too if you ask me.” She couldn’t help but chuckle at his antics. Well, at least he’s a funny waiter. At least for her.

“I actually never tried drinking Cappuccino ever since. Is it really good?” She didn’t know why she’s keeping up with the waiter’s suggestion. Maybe it’s the way he assured her it’s good. He said it’s his personal favorite anyway. And the way his eyes smile also gave it away.

“Yeah.”

“Then can I have an order of each please?” She saw him smiled before taking down her order. She smiled in return even though her palm started to get itchy, one of her weird tendencies everytime she gets flustered or excited or there’s a new plot formed in her mind that she couldn’t wait to write already.

She started rubbing her palm while wondering why she’s been having that tendency once again when he suddenly asked her name. In surprised, her awkwardness kicking in, her eyebrow raised up in reflex.

“What?” she exclaimed.

 

‘Jiyong, you fool! Why are you suddenly asking her name?! You are supposed to be leaving now, you weirdo!’

His ears turned red in internal embarrassment as he tried to find a way to escape his nearing grave. What was he thinking?! That was weird! The girl surely was giving him some confused looks now. What was he even thinking?!

Oh yeah… He’s not thinking. He just blabbed it out of nowhere, one of his tendencies everytime he gets flustered or excited or when that blue moon suddenly appears and he gets too emotional.

‘What is her name? Seriously Jiyong? You have to ask that? Then it is grim-reaper you idiot and she’s going to take you to your deathbed!’

“Uhm…”

‘Think blabbermouth!’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter