1: The End

The Start of an End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pen. Check.

Notebook. Check.

Netbook. Check.

Wallet. Check.

Phone. Check.

Pocket Wifi. Check.

Keys. Check.

It seemed like everything she needed that matters for the day was already packed in her pale white backpack. She smiled feeling satisfied that she had everything ready last night. It has been her habit anyway to prepare everything she needs for the next day whenever she decides to go out of her rather spacious apartment. She looked at her wall clock which was placed above her front door. 8:03 in the morning. Just in time for her breakfast.

She looked one last time at her human-sized mirror she just bought last month. She was wearing a vintage lace sleeveless with pleated skirt that was an inch above her knee paired with her preppy style vintage shoes. Her hair was in a messy bun. She laughed at herself as she traced the softness of her dress. She was way overdress compared to where she was going but she did not have any other choice, did she? Most of her clothes were already used and she could not still have the time to do her laundry.

“This is what you get for being too lazy for the past days, Dara,” she chuckled. “You’re going to have your breakfast with this dress ‘cause you are just too lazy.”

She looked at the time again. 8:07. Okay, she needed to go out. With one last glance of her look, she walked towards her front door, locked her doorknob before walking out of her apartment.

She’s planning to eat her breakfast at a café, two blocks away from where she lives. She never went to that café before even though she’s been itching to go just because of her work. Well, her work was not really a blockage but everytime she has her free time, she’s too tired to go out and would just stay in the cozy of her bed. It’s not like she has been staying in her apartment for so long already, anyway. She just moved two months ago and since she has been assigned with a new project, might as well explore her new place.

New project means more time for herself anyway.

As she was walking towards the café, which name she never actually bothered looking into, she was remembering her conversation three days ago with her long-time friend, who fortunately or unfortunately became her boss.

 

“Dara, the company has a new project for you,” Park Bom informed her as they were having their lunch at the cafeteria of their company. She had her pasta in when her frank friend dropped the bomb to her. Bom was just keeping her straight face at her which made her eat her pasta faster as she arched her brow at her friend.

“What? But the drama I wrote just ended last week,” she complained as she was cleaning the side of .

Bom just rolled her eyes at her. “And it was a success, congratulations by the way.” She beamed. “So big boss wants you to work on a new project straight away!” Her hand making some weird gestures right in front of her.

She pouted.

“Oh, don’t give me that look,” Bom snapped at her face. “I know you want it.” She even stuck her tongue at her.

It’s her turn to roll her eyes at her childish friend-turned-boss.

“Whatever.” She continued eating her pasta, allowing her friend to fill her of the details of her so-called ‘next project’.

“Well, YG wants you to make an action drama…” she stopped her friend immediately as she eyed her widely.

“A-action?!” she hysterically questioned her. She almost banged her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter