2.

Hate to Love You

"You can't be serious." 

The landlord of the apartment complex crossed his arms over his chest. He wore a pajamas and a deep frown. Jimin had marched his way over to the man's bungalow blocks down the road not caring about the fact that it was still quite early.

"No." The man growled. "You can't be serious. Did you think I would just allow you to live as you please without paying rent?" 

Jimin chewed on the inside of his cheek. His initial stern approach had begun to thin the moment he'd come face to face with his displeased - not to mention gigantic - landlord. The man could send him flying across the lawn with a single punch if he wanted to. Jimin gulped. 

"Can't you give me some more time? I'm unemployed -" 

"And you have been for the past four weeks. I don't see you trying to change that. All you do is drink and take up too much space. I want you out!" 

"Heol. Are you by any chance stalking me?" 

The man before him narrowed his eyes. Jimin cursed his tongue and took a step back. 

"I want you out." The landlord repeated with a huff. "However you lucked out. The new tenant proposed that he'd let you live with him if you agreed to do the household chores and pay one third of the rent. That's a far better offer than you deserve." 

Jimin frowned. "Housework? That punk wants me to be his live in maid?" 

The landlord's expression darkened with each word that escaped Jimin's big fat lips. He scowled. 

"Get off my property you ungrateful son of a gun! Move out! You deserve to be homeless!" He roared, reaching out to grab the boy by the front of his shirt. Jimin yelped, pushing the man off and breaking into a run. The landlord followed behind him, chasing him as a predator runs after prey. Jimin didn't stop running for blocks, not until he'd reached his - or not his anymore - apartment. He climbed the stairs panting. 

2468 - Jimin let out a string of curses when the keypad rejected his passcode once more. He laid his hands on the metal door, banging. 

"Open up Jeon Jungkook you son of a . Open the door before I break your face -" 

The door opened, revealing an unimpressed face. Jimin glared up at the lad, pushing past him to enter the place he'd called his home for two years. Jungkook closed the door behind him wordlessly. 

"I can't believe this. I can't believe it. This can't be real. I'm dreaming. Tell me I'm dreaming. I just need to ing wake the up and everything will be okay. I just need to wake up and Jeon Jungkook will go away." Jimin mumbled to himself. He looked like a mad man whispering to himself like that, Jungkook thought. He let out a chuckle. Jimin glanced at him in disbelief. 

"How can someone be just the same even after two years?" Jungkook pondered aloud. "You haven't changed a bit, Park Jimin." 

" you Jeon Jungkook." 

Jungkook cocked a brow. He sat down on the corner of the sofa, meters away from where Jimin had flopped down. 

"Are you doing this on purpose? Did you pick this apartment to rent out just to torment me?" 

Jungkook let out a laugh. "As always, Park Jimin thinks the world revolves around him." 

"Don't evade the question you er -" 

"Don't be foolish you dumb . I didn't rent out an apartment two hundred miles from my home simply to mess with you. I don't give a about you." 

Jimin scowled. He knew the younger had always disliked him since their childhood but did the bastard have to word it such a harsh way. 

"I don't give a flying about you either." 

Jungkook looked at him blankly. "That's good news then." He got onto his feet. "I'm sure the landlord told you about my preposition. Either clean this pigsty up or you can pack your bags and be out by sunset." 

Jimin stood up as well, not liking the way the younger looked down at him. That didn't change much even when he was standing thanks to their cursed height difference. 

"You're real scum Jeon Jungkook. Taking my own apartment away from me and making me the live in maid." He spat. He brought a hand and shoved the boy. "Are you having fun?" 

Jungkook hollowed his cheeks. He took a step back, trying to calm himself down. Park Jimin had always had a way of getting on his damned nerves in the past and it seemed, in two years nothing had changed.

"You've always thought you were better than me haven't you?" Jimin shoved him once more. 

Jungkook's nostrils flared. "You better quit doing that." 

Jimin raised his eyebrows in mock. "Quit doing what?" A shove. "This?" He asked, shoving the teenager for the fourth time. In all honesty he liked the way Jungkook's eyes grew darker with each passing moment. He liked to hear his breathing quicken in anger. He liked to rile Jeon Jungkook up. He always had. 

Jungkook had had enough. As Jimin brought his slimy hands to his chest again, he grabbed a hold of them in an iron grip. He pulled the boy closer by his arms until he was up in his face. Jimin scowled in disgust, trying to push the boy away. His efforts went in vain against the younger boy and perhaps it was then that he realized that Jeon Jungkook really had grown up. 

"You're really pushing your ing luck Park Jimin." 

"And so what? What are you going to do about it Jeon Jungkook?" 

Jungkook glanced down at the boy whom had once lived next door. He couldn't help but notice that although the boy's ty personality and irritating high pitched voice had remained consistent, his looks had improved for the better. The Park Jimin he knew was chubby and had short greasy hair. In two years, it seemed that Jimin had learned to workout, dyed his hair and discovered the shampoo aisle in the supermarket. Don't get him wrong though, Jungkook still thought Jimin looked like an ugly chimpanzee. 

"I'm not going to do anything." Jungkook answered after a few moments. He released the other boy with a push. "You are. If you don't quit pissing me off I'm going to have to ask you to pack your things and be gone, Park Jimin." 

Jimin scoffed. He couldn't believe his ing life. He felt resentment bubble in his chest. 

" you Jeon Jungkook." He cried, his hand coming up from his side to lay a nice one on Jungkook's smug face. The younger stumbled back, stunned and courting a busted lip. His darkened eyes lit up in flames. 

"Are you ing out of your mind?" He bellowed. 

Jimin felt a twinge of remorse as he eyed the blood gathering at the edge of Jungkook's lip. Just a twinge. The next moment he stepped back in fear that Jungkook may retaliate. He didn't. He only stared at the elder in ridicule. 

"Yes. I'm out of my ing mind." Jimin screamed. "I've lost my job, I'm out of money and now I'm out of an apartment. I've got nothing to ing lose and let me just tell you Jeon Jungkook, that felt ing good." 

Jungkook merely watched as the boy ran hands through his hair messing and messing until he looked like a mad man. Jimin let out a low laugh and walked towards the door. He turned back around suddenly, walking back towards Jungkook. Jungkook swallowed harshly, stepping back. Jimin didn't reach him though. He stopped at the coffee table where his cell phone lay, retrieved it and walked back towards the door. He pulled on his sneakers and grabbed a hoodie. He didn't even turn around as he spat a few words and exited from the apartment. 

"Consider this my rejection to your proposal." 

 

*

*

*

 

A/N: Thank you for your wonderful comments and upvotes! Means a lot.