Silence

Not Meant To Be: Silence

The carriage comes to a stop 3 hours later. Jimin sleeps with his head on Hoseok. The couple inside of the carriage were also asleep, cuddled and cozy.

 

Hoseok wakes Jimin up then got off to see how the horses are. Jimin scratches his head with a yawn, looking around the quiet area. Because they left during the evening, it's night now.

 

While Hoseok feeds the horses, Jimin hops off his seat to open the door of the carriage. Before his hand could touch the knob, Taehyung came out. Jimin waited for Seokjin to come out too but when Taehyung shuts the door, he assumes that Seokjin is still sleeping.

 

"How's he?" Jimin asks Taehyung. He remembers Taehyung carrying him earlier so that concerned him a bit.

 

"I think he has a cold. Maybe a fever but I'm not so sure," Taehyung murmurs. Seokjin was a bit warm.

 

"I brought some medicine. He could take some when he awakes," Jimin offers. Taehyung gave him a smile and thanks him.

 

He went to thank Hoseok too, leaving Jimin next to the carriage. Even though Seokjin is still sleeping inside, Jimin decided to go in. It's better to treat Seokjin now than later.

 

Once he's inside, Jimin closes the door, blocking the noises outside. Sleeping on the seat was Seokjin, who had Taehyung's jacket draped over him. Jimin wanted to hug the latter but couldn't since he isn't awake yet.

 

He kneels in front of Seokjin and checks the temperature of his forehead. Definitely sick. He hopes that it wouldn't get worse, especially now.

 

If the chief manages to take Seokjin again... he doesn't even want to think about it. He snaps out of his thoughts when Seokjin stirs a little. Feeling the hand on his face, the man's tired eyes open.

 

He went wide awake when he sees who's in front of him: 'Jimin!'

 

"Hi~" Jimin laughs but he feels like tearing up. Seokjin sits up immediately and hugs Jimin, glad to see another friend. They swayed a bit, almost like they're rocking.

 

"You don't know how much we missed you!" Jimin chirps. Seokjin smiles in return until Jimin remembers why he came in here.

 

"Oh! Seokjin," he stands up, "Are you able to walk? Wait, never mind. Hold on." He opens the door again, poking his head out.

 

"Taehyung! Come help me get Seokjin!" he shouts to his younger friend. When Jimin explains to Taehyung to carry Seokjin inside, he does so.

 

But where are they staying?

 

First, they wanted to go to Namjoon's cabin again but it's close to where Seokjin has been first taken. So, they all gather some money and rented another cabin, much farther. That way, they're safer from the main part of the village.

 

The cabin has three small bedrooms. It's not that big but that's alright since they're only staying for about two days.

 

When Seokjin's placed into a warm bed, Jimin takes out his small case. He came prepared, with different kinds of medicine, bandages, and more. Seokjin wonders how so much things fit in such a little box.

 

Taehyung sits next to Seokjin again and kisses him.

 

"Taehyung! Are you wishing to get sick?!" Jimin joked.

 

Like he had said before, it doesn't bother him at all.

 

~~

 

"There's Jungkook," Yoongi tells Namjoon as they wait outside of the gate. The youngest climbs the gate effortlessly, landing in front of his friends. It's probably midnight when the chief found out that Seokjin is missing. That was when Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jungkook have to leave before he could get them too.

 

They also left to meet up with the rest of the group.

 

~~

 

Taehyung and Seokjin shared a room while Jimin and Hoseok slept in another. Seokjin fell asleep in no time after Jimin took care of him but Taehyung stayed up. He's had enough sleep in the carriage and just wants to watch over Seokjin.

 

As he keeps brushing Seokjin's hair, he starts to imagine what it'll be like if they have a family together. He wants at least five children with his lover. A wish he made was to have Seokjin by his side forever until the very end. They'd grow old together and leave the world with each other.

 

Taehyung snaps himself out of his imagination when there's multiple knocks on the door. He gets up and went out to see who's at the door.

 

Confirming that it was only his friends, Taehyung let's them inside. Hoseok came out of his room too and was relieved to see that everyone came back in one piece.

 

"Yep. The chief knows now," Yoongi answers before anyone could even ask. "We got out as soon as possible," Jungkook adds. "And we have to move as soon as possible. It's better to create a bigger gap between the chief and us," Namjoon states.

 

Taehyung told them to get some sleep and rest, leading them to the last room. Hoseok caught up to Namjoon and apologizes, "Hey, sorry for punching you earlier."

 

Namjoon smiles, "It's nothing. You did great." Hoseok chuckles at the compliment.

 

When the three of them were settled in, Taehyung was going to return to Seokjin only to be stopped by Hoseok.

 

"Taehyung," he gets quiet, "Never mind. We'll figure it out tomorrow anyway. Goodnight." It was almost sunrise but right now, that's the least of their problems.

 

"Goodnight," Taehyung said back before entering his room, sliding back into bed with Seokjin.

 

~~

 

The group of friends were planning to leave after another day but it has been moved up to this afternoon. They can't risk being caught so quickly after they had just got Seokjin back.

 

When Seokjin woke up the next morning to see that the rest of the group had made it here, he ran to them, giving them tight hugs that he couldn't give them before. He thanked them for helping him and Taehyung felt a bit jealous that he hasn't gotten his morning hug yet, which he did receive soon afterwards.

 

To make the process of cooking faster, everyone took part in making breakfast, even those who are not that familiar with cooking. They laugh and talk about plans in the future while eating like there isn't a huge problem happening. No one brought up the chief or Seokjin's accusation because it felt incredibly nice to act like none of it even happened. None of it was suppose to happen.

 

Even as they repack some items, no one said anything about where they are going until everything was ready to go. Hoseok finally asks the question that the others had but didn't want to say, "So...What's next?"

 

They all remain quiet. Seokjin loves all of his friends, but doesn't want them to trouble themselves more. Helping him escape is a crime, especially in the chief's book. He writes to them, 'Please don't help me anymore. It hurts me to think what could happen to you guys.'

 

He turns to Taehyung, 'I'd die if we can't be together.'

 

Taehyung grabs his hands, "Seokjin! Don't say things like that!" He didn't want Seokjin to think this way, "You will live because we will be together."

 

Jimin leans in, "Also, we've already come this far. Taehyung loves you and so do we. Trust me, this is the choice we all decided to make gladly." He looked so happy but Seokjin could see a tint of worry on his face.

 

'What about your families?' Seokjin didn't want to take them away.

 

"They'd understand," Namjoon said simply and left it at that, "We will be friends until the end."

 

~~

 

Yoongi took his seat and grabs the horse reigns. Namjoon sits next to him, staying alert to their surroundings. They'll be leaving now before any trouble comes.

 

Inside the carriage, Taehyung wraps Seokjin with a soft blanket to keep him warm. Jimin and Hoseok sat across from them, rechecking the supplies in their bags. It was already tight and crowded but they still have one more person.

 

"What is taking Jungkook so long?" Hoseok said nervously. He's thinking something happened to the youngest or the chief may have caught up to them already.

 

Seokjin raises his hand before stepping out of the carriage. He'll go find the maknae. Of course, Taehyung followed.

 

Seokjin stops him though, telling him that he should relax for once since he's been worried non stop. Taehyung protested but after Seokjin squeezes his hands warmly, he nods in defeat.

 

"Seokjin's right, Taehyung," Jimin said, "Maybe you'll feel better if you come back and rest more." He got back into the carriage and watch Seokjin walk away. Hoseok calms him, "Taehyung, I'll watch him from here." From his seat, he could see Seokjin better.

 

~~

 

Seokjin takes quiet steps through the area, searching for Jungkook. It only took a few more steps until he heard his voice. The thing is, he sounds like he's crying.

 

Seokjin follows the sound until he sees Jungkook standing alone. The man was shaking slightly from the soft sobs, and that immediately made Seokjin run over to him to comfort him.

 

He turns Jungkook to face him and that obviously surprised him, "Seokjin!" His eyes were wide and red but Seokjin's glad he didn't see any tears.

 

Seokjin hugs the younger one; he's probably scared of everything going on. Once Jungkook felt better, Seokjin takes him back to the carriage.

 

"Jungkook, is everything alright?" Hoseok asks quietly. His soft eyes made Jungkook nod as he shuts the door. The carriage begins to move and Taehyung and Seokjin already have their arms around each other, showering themselves with more love than anyone can imagine.

 

Next to Jungkook, Hoseok tenses up and he noticed right away. The usually bright man has his eyes casted downwards, paining Jungkook. He knows that this situation is pretty hard on everyone, including him, so without a word, he takes his hand in his and intertwines their fingers.

 

Hoseok didn't even look up. He only closes his eyes and so did Jungkook.

 

'By the end of tomorrow, everything will be over. I will make sure that everything is over,' he tells himself.

 

That night, the group camped out in a cave big enough for them to sleep in. They took turns to look out for anyone.

 

Seokjin runs his hand through Taehyung's hair over and over, loving the way it feels against his skin. He felt loved more than he ever did in his lifetime.

 

~~

 

After traveling for another day without getting caught, the group got less nervous and the anxiousness disappeared. They made it to a beautiful place with many mountains. The pink sky made it illuminate with different colors. They took turns at the front of the carriage, stopping every once in a while to rest here and there.

 

Even though everything was perfect, so perfect, Taehyung can't help but feel strange. He can't point out what the feeling is, but it's not exactly good. It's a miracle how their plan to save Seokjin went so well and smooth. Maybe it was just very good luck. But it's also a miracle how it's been this long and they haven't been found yet. Maybe that's also luck and they will never be found? No, it feels different.

 

It's so peaceful that everyone was relaxed but it wasn't until now that Taehyung felt alert again. It was his turn to sit outside of the carriage and he can feel his hands, wrapping the horse reigns tighter, get clammy. Jungkook sat next to him, dozing off slowly. He mumbled something when he fell asleep, scaring Taehyung a little.

 

"Don't..hurt...hyung," he mumbles louder, "Not Hoseok too..."

 

Taehyung was a bit spooked by whatever Jungkook was dreaming and it made him even more nervous. Suddenly, he felt hundreds of eyes on him and the carriage. All around him were only mountains and some animals wandering freely. So where are the eyes that he sensed?

 

"Taehyung," Jungkook forces an eye open, "I can take your spot now." They switched places with each other. With his hands free from holding anything, Taehyung stares at his palms. They're so sticky with sweat.

 

After an hour or so, the sun will start to set, coloring the sky in different shades of orange. Taehyung still felt like someone was watching them but he thought that maybe it was just him being paranoid.

 

That was until he saw how Jungkook's face had changed. The younger man has his eyes opened a tad bigger and Taehyung could see how he kept flicking his eyes left and right like he's watching out for something.

 

"Hyung, do you think..." Jungkook pauses, "Do you think something's off?"

 

Taehyung could tell that he's a bit scared so he lies, "No. Everything's fine. Nothing's going to happen." His words didn't help Jungkook because his voice gave him away.

 

"I don't know... I had this dream," Jungkook furrows his brows. He stops the carriage, "I need to check on Hoseok."

 

Taehyung wondered again what Jungkook dreamt of earlier. What's the deal with Hoseok?

 

"Where are we?" Jimin steps out to stretch. Yoongi came out right after, with messy hair.

 

"Oh! Yoongi come help me pick get some water," Jimin takes the water containers and Yoongi with him to a little stream that's not too close, not too far.

 

Taehyung walks to see how Seokjin is. He's glad to see that the latter is able to walk but could tell that he's still a bit sick. With more rest and Jimin's medicine, he'll get better very soon.

 

"Seokjin, are you thirsty?" Taehyung said in the softest voice. Seokjin shakes his head.

 

He walks up to Taehyung instead and just rests his head on his shoulder. Taehyung responds back by rubbing his back soothingly.

 

He looks up at the carriage to see Hoseok exiting with a small frown. He walks towards Jimin and Yoongi by the stream. Namjoon comes out too, leaving Jungkook inside, then shuts the door. He sees Taehyung looking at him.

 

"Jungkook got really worried about Hoseok," Namjoon tells Taehyung. His face showed exhaustion.

 

"Earlier, he probably had a bad dream. He mumbled Hoseok's name," Taehyung says, still rubbing Seokjin's back.

 

"It's been this long and he's still not over it. I thought he finally understood," Namjoon sighs. Seokjin couldn't understand what they were saying about Jungkook so he looks up at Taehyung.

 

"Oh, Seokjin. It's nothing you need to worry about. It's old stuff," Taehyung chuckles at Seokjin's small pout.

 

They also went over to the stream where the others were. Jimin had already filled up half of the bottles with water. Namjoon helps him because Yoongi was just playing with the small pebbles in the water. Seokjin did noticed how quiet Hoseok was. He sat on a rock a bit further from the rest of them, just staring at the water rushing down the small stream.

 

"Seokjin, open your mouth," Taehyung interrupts his thoughts as he brought a bottle to his mouth. He drinks the cool water, some dripping out of his mouth.

 

Seokjin then rinses Taehyung's face and got rid of some grime on his hands. He looks over his shoulder when he heard the horses and footsteps approaching fast. Jungkook finally got out of the carriage, running towards them. Seokjin was going to wave but stopped.

 

Jungkook looked like he's running for his life.

 

"Hyung! Run!!"

 

That's when they all know what was going on.

 

Men in black cloaks are appearing from behind. They already got the horses.

 

Taehyung grabs Seokjin's arm and pulls him up. It doesn't take more than a second for everyone else to jump up and sprint away.

 

Taehyung then realized why he felt eyes on them for the past few hours. They'd been followed. He wonders how long they had been stalking them and when they even found them.

 

He doesn't dare to look back. He doesn't want to know how many men there were, how close they are, or what will happen to them.

 

His grip on Seokjin's hand grows stronger.

 

He's not going to lose him again.

 

Never.

 

In front of him and Seokjin is Jungkook, who's leading the group. A few feet behind Seokjin is Jimin and Namjoon while Hoseok and Yoongi are a few steps behind Taehyung.

 

His heart pounds harder every time his feet hit the ground, one after another. He can hear Seokjin panting next to him, as well as himself.

 

Why is it that every time they have some happiness, it gets torn away from them in seconds?

 

The gap between the chief's men and them isn't closing which is good but they're also not running further from them either. It's been minutes already and both parties are getting tired out.

 

Just when Taehyung was starting to think that there's a chance of them outrunning the chief's men, he hears a painful cry.

 

He should've known.

 

It's just like last time.

 

Jimin has been shot.

 

Only this time, it wasn't a tranquilized dart. It was a sharp arrow that pierced through his back. The pain pushed Jimin onto the rocky ground so harsh that his face received small cuts and scratches.

 

"Jimin!" Namjoon stops to pick his wounded friend up but the chief's men acted faster, shooting an arrow at he back of his thigh before he could even do anything. He falls on his knees with a scream.

 

Taehyung doesn't look back. He wants to block the sounds away. His friends are hurt but he kept going, running with the rest of the group.

 

Another arrow flew past him but it injured Yoongi. It cuts against his left arm which starts to bleed then. With his teeth biting down on his lower lip, he held back his voice from expressing pain. He was still able to run but had slowed down because of the bleeding arm.

 

Hoseok doesn't know how, but the chief's men were gaining speed, getting closer to him and Yoongi. He tries to keep his eyes ahead but his worry for Yoongi made him turn back.

 

Right when he turned, a hand yanks his shirt, pulling him down. He's been caught but as he looked around for Yoongi on the ground, all he saw were legs of the chief's men. Hoseok tried to stand up, only to be trampled down again. And again. And again..

 

Taehyung couldn't hear Hoseok and Yoongi behind him anymore. He doesn't know where they are anymore or what happened to them.

 

Jungkook was getting farther ahead, away from the chief's men. He lets out huffs of air, inhaling and exhaling so fast that his lungs were overworked.

 

"Seokjin!" he turns back to see that the chief's men had caught up to Taehyung and Seokjin, separating them. Taehyung looked so furious and afraid as he held onto Seokjin.

 

He's the only one left.

 

The chief's men surround the pair, pulling them away from each other. Taehyung's hand was still gripping onto Seokjin's, which held on just as tight. Their fingernails were practically digging into their skin but that doesn't matter.

 

Taehyung won't lose Seokjin.

 

He loves Seokjin.

 

He loves him...

 

 

 

Seokjin's hand starts to slip out of his hold..

 

~~

 

Hoseok wakes from where he slept. The plushy bed had made him sleep peacefully for a while but once he awoke, he recalls the previous events.

 

"Where am I?" he tries to sit up but couldn't. His body hurts all over, the tiniest movement made him winced.

 

He wants to know where everyone else is. It seems like he hasn't been punished, yet. Perhaps the others are okay too.

 

The door clicks and Hoseok couldn't see who entered until the person stood right beside his bed. He took a seat on the bed and Hoseok gasps.

 

"Jungkook! You're okay!"

 

Jungkook smiles sadly.

 

"How are the others? Please tell me they're alright," Hoseok practically begs.

 

Silence filled the room.

 

Then, when Jungkook shook is head slowly, Hoseok bursts into tears, already thinking about the worst of the worst, "What happened?"

 

Jungkook slowly opened his mouth before whispering.

 

"Everyone died."

 

Hoseok was silent for a second then-

 

"WHAT?!!!!"

 

He couldn't believe it. Everyone is dead?! How?!

 

"How?!" he shouts. He moves his head on accident, causing another wave of pain but he didn't care anymore.

 

"I don't think I can tell you," Jungkook hides behind his hands. Hoseok didn't have time for this.

 

"Jungkook, tell me. Now," he boomed. Without a choice, Jungkook spoke shakily.

 

"Jimin couldn't be saved from the arrow that shot him," he exhales, "and Seokjin was found guilty."

 

Hoseok froze, "Wait. Seokjin was actually the murderer?" The muscles in his body tenses up, almost to the point of being pulled. He didn't know what to believe in at this point.

 

"Not exactly! The chief had to make him admit to it," Jungkook grows quiet again, "They said that if Seokjin does not admit, they'll kill people until he pleads guilty." He walks to the window before continuing.

 

"They killed Namjoon and Yoongi before Seokjin couldn't take it anymore. He admitted to the murder and-"

 

Hoseok almost fainted again. So many things to take in all at once...

 

"It all went in a flash! They took Seokjin away for execution and right then, Taehyung went mad," Jungkook practically sobs, "The chief had to kill him before he attacks anyone."

 

Hoseok couldn't see his friend through his watery eyes that blurred his vision.

 

"You're lying," he cries. Losing his friends had hurt a million times more than his severe injuries. He wonders if he could still live on. Then it hits him.

 

"Jungkook, why are we still alive if everyone else is gone?" he asks. There should be some sort of punishment awaiting them, right?

 

Jungkook hesitates after hearing Hoseok's question. He had not thought this far yet. In this last minute situation that he now has no control of, he has no idea why either.

 

"Hoseok, I don't know," he lies.

 

He lies.

 

He lies.

 

~~

 

*Thud*

 

*Thud*

 

*Thud*

 

Taehyung sat on the ground and keeps hitting the floor with his fist, bruising it after so many hours. It was like he's almost in a catatonic state. He hasn't spoke for hours now or responded to anything.

 

The cell he was kept in was different than the disgusting one that Seokjin used to be in. Unlike the one Seokjin use to be in, this one had bars on all sides. Taehyung could see Namjoon and Yoongi in the other cells next to his.

 

Everybody else? He had no idea where they are.

 

Namjoon and Yoongi were aided and Taehyung wasn't hurt anywhere. Physically at least. As for the inside of him where his emotions lay... it's better not to describe.

 

His tears had dried up long ago and his face is bloated. Breathing magically became harder than usual even though his body is completely okay, with the exception of his physical and mental fatigue.

 

Namjoon and Yoongi stayed quiet as well, only praying silently that everyone else is, at the very least, safe and sound.

 

They waited to see someone. At least one of their friends, to know how he's doing.

 

And that did happen. Right now.

 

Jungkook entered the basement. All three of them finally made a reaction, springing up from their places and towards him as much as possible. Jungkook had a grim look.

 

"Jungkook! You're alright!" Yoongi sighs in relief. But the youngest only gazed at the ground. His eyes almost looked soulless.

 

"W...W-what's the matter?" Namjoon asks. He knew this isn't good at all.

 

Still, Jungkook stayed frozen.

 

Taehyung asks him for an answer too, "Jungkook, what is-"

 

"Jimin's gone."

 

The words went in one ear and out the other.

 

"What?"

 

"Jimin is gone," the maknae repeats, "He couldn't be saved."

 

After taking it in, Yoongi walks to the back of his cell silently. He sits again and curls into a ball. Namjoon wanted to comfort him but because they were kept separately, he couldn't. It's hard to picture such a lively person to be gone.

 

Jungkook laughs, "Why did this happen?" He looks up to the ceiling, "How did it all come to this?" He chuckles lowly and rubs his face, tears gathering in his eyes.

 

Taehyung shakes his head, leaning forward onto the bars for support. His breathing became shaky; he already misses his friend.

 

"What about Hoseok and Seokjin?" Namjoon asks carefully. They couldn't have suffered the same fate too, could they?

 

"Hoseok is in another room. As for Seokjin, I honestly do not know," Jungkook replies. A few drops of tears escaped from his eyes.

 

Then, from the corner of the cell, Yoongi wonders, "Jungkook, why are you not locked up?"

 

Taehyung and Namjoon perked up. That's right. Why isn't he also in a cell? Hoseok and Jimin were injured severely so they're in separate rooms and Seokjin is probably

kept in a worse place while the three of them are here. What's Jungkook doing just wandering around?

 

"Because I helped," Jungkook smiles weakly.

 

"Helped? With what?" Taehyung grew confused. If Jungkook helped Seokjin escape, shouldn't he still be in a cell anyway? It wouldn't make sense for him to help a prisoner out and then wander freely.

 

"It's simple. I helped the chief catch Seokjin," he said quietly.

 

"What?" Taehyung growls lowly but waits for a better and more clear explanation. He's already glaring at the younger one.

 

"It's long, hyung. Before Seokjin even came into the picture," he walks a few steps forward. Standing right in front of Taehyung, he whispered, "It's because of you."

 

Namjoon groans, "It's about Hoseok, isn't it?" 

 

Yoongi curses from his cell, "Are you serious?! All because of what happened with you and him?"

 

Jungkook snaps at him, "It's not Hoseok's fault." He turns back to Taehyung, meeting his glare with a somewhat apologetic gaze, "You started this."

 

Taehyung could not believe what was going on. He remembered this incident but it was long ago, long enough that he thought Jungkook moved on.

 

Before they met Seokjin, Jungkook had fallen for Hoseok. He had done everything to show how much he loves him. Then, his heart was crushed when he found out that Hoseok didn't love him, he loved Taehyung.

 

Another problem: Taehyung didn't love Hoseok romantically. It's no surprise when Hoseok became broken. This, however, angered Jungkook. He was so young and Hoseok meant a lot, if not, everything to him. Since then, the other members told Jungkook to move on, that he'll find someone else. And he did try to but in the end, couldn't.

 

To end this shortly, Jungkook secretly despised  Taehyung for a long time and wanted him to know what it feels like to be heartbroken. The perfect opportunity came when Jungkook befriended Seokjin. He just wanted to be friends with the mute man at first but when Taehyung grew to love him, Jungkook saw that this was the chance.

 

Without thinking twice, he organized a plan and framed Seokjin. Though he did feel guilty afterwards towards the oldest, he decided that it had to happen if he wanted Taehyung to be hurt.

 

Yes, he helped Seokjin escape but had secretly "worked" for the chief and told them how and where to follow them. Now, the chief has no idea that this is all Jungkook's doing. He had also told the chief that Hoseok was also helping him, which is why he is hurt but will not be punished.

 

What he didn't expect though, is for Jimin to pass. He did not plan any of that. In fact, he never thought that this would result in any deaths.

 

It was suppose to go: Seokjin gets accused, found guilty, placed in jail, Taehyung finally knows how it feels to be hurt by love. The End.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," Jungkook says to them, "I didn't want to hurt the rest of you."

 

Yoongi spits out bitterly, "Well, you did a great job. Jimin won't be able to feel pain anymore." He faces away, burning inside.

 

Namjoon interrupts, "Does Hoseok know about this? I know he won't accept this." His hands raised to hold the bars keeping him caged.

 

"He only knows about Jimin. I had to lie to him about everything else," Jungkook looks even more tired, "I'll make sure that he never see any of you guys again."

 

Taehyung threw his hands at Jungkook through the bars, yelling, "You can't just lie to him! Just because you couldn't be with Hoseok doesn't give you permission to hurt Seokjin!!" Jungkook managed to back away fast enough to stay out of Taehyung's reach.

 

"YOU COULD HAVE FRAMED ME INSTEAD!! SEOKJIN DID NOTHING WRONG!!" Taehyung screams, "THE ONLY THING HE DID WAS BEING YOUR FRIEND AND MY LOVER!!"

 

Jungkook steps away as Taehyung tries to break through the bars, still screaming at the top of his lungs with rage. Namjoon looks disappointed in him. "You were our friend," he said quietly. Jungkook looks away quickly, not letting the look get to him. Namjoon has been someone he had admired for a long time so the disappointment could affect him greatly.

 

"You were part of our family."

 

~~

 

Meanwhile...

 

Seokjin was finally let out of his own cell. He's taken to the chief, thrown onto the ground, and forced to defend himself. The cold cell he had been in made his illness come back, drying his sore throat.

 

His arms were tied tightly behind his back as he knelt on his bruised knees. He felt like his limbs would snap off because of the rope almost cutting through his skin. One of the chief's men yanks his head up to look at the chief in the eye.

 

"Kim Seokjin," The chief states, "I've been thinking about what to do about you. It seems that my decision has been made."

 

He nods to one of his men, who then kicks the back of Seokjin's knee. He fell forward, hitting the ground once again but face first this time.

 

"Before I begin," he narrow his wrinkly eyes, "Are there any last words?"

 

Seokjin looks bewildered. He can't talk, he can't gesture- what can he say?!!

 

"I guess not," the chief stands up, "Time to give you what you deserve."

 

Seokjin was lifted effortlessly and dragged out of the hall. As he was taken out, he sees Jungkook standing by the door.

 

'Jungkook! Help me!' he wanted to scream out but couldn't. He tried to get the younger's attention but Jungkook wouldn't meet his eyes.

 

Seokjin begs silently for someone to believe him, to get him of of this mess.

 

At least let him see Taehyung one last time.

 

~~

 

Later, Taehyung, Yoongi, and Namjoon were alerted by someone entering the basement again. The jail was secured well but at this time, the guards were out to help with another task.

 

"What the hell do you want now?" Yoongi says through his clenched jaw. Taehyung stands up again, ready to throw his hands on the maknae if he could.

 

Jungkook rolls his eyes. "They took Seokjin out of here," he said monotonously. Taehyung's spirit was lifted with hope for a split second.

 

"He got the death sentence," Jungkook knocks the air out of the three men with the words.

 

Taehyung starts to breath unsteadily and almost lost his balance. He must've head wrong. Everything else Jungkook said afterwards seemed like it was muffled underwater. 

 

*Click*

 

Taehyung snaps his head up. Jungkook had unlocked his cell.

 

"Let's see if you can see him one last time before he leaves the world," Jungkook said. It was meant to be as if he felt "pity" for Taehyung but instead, the sentence was only filled with regret.

 

But Taehyung flew past him. He doesn't have time to deal with Jungkook now. All he need is to see Seokjin.

 

Magically, he made it out without even knowing the way out or encountering anyone. Once he's outside where the sky is already sprinkling small drops of water, he doesn't even know where Seokjin was taken until-

 

"Taehyung."

 

A soft voice called his name and he then knew where to go. The voice was probably only in his head but he knows, he just knows, that it belongs to Seokjin. A beautiful melody that will forever ring in his ears.

 

Before he realizes it, he's stopped by a sight that would make him fall to his knees in tears if it wasn't for Seokjin being in a critically situation.

 

The house that had held so many memories of his time with Seokjin stood firmly in the distance. From the first day he was forced to stay with him to the day he had to flee with him.

 

Seokjin's house looked so lonely and vacant as the rain grew harder, washing down its bright color.

 

Taehyung carries on, running to the house. He doesn't see anyone when he gets there. His clothes are soaked now, weighing him down as he bangs the door open.

 

He searched every inch of the house; the kitchen, living room, bedrooms, every closet. Seokjin is nowhere to be seen.

 

He goes back outside into the rain, where he felt hopeless. But through the rain, just in the corner of his eye, he spots someone by the pond.

 

"SEOKJIN!!"

 

Taehyung cries out when he sees Seokjin on the muddy ground. The very spot where he and a Seokjin use to have picnics.

 

"Seokjin! W-what-" he couldn't speak anymore. The sight before him left him broken.

 

He fell to the wet ground and embraces Seokjin's cold body. The blood trailing into the pond that he and Seokjin use to explore together is being rinsed away by the rain. The chief had decided to not kill him immediately, but to leave him in the rain to die a slower, more painful death.

 

Slowly, Seokjin opens his eyes. He looks so ill, pale and barely breathing. Taehyung holds his face so close to him. Seokjin smiles weakly, glad to see Taehyung again.

 

"Seokjin, how could they do this to you?" Taehyung's tears blends into the cold drops of water from above. He gently pushes the damp hair from Seokjin's forehead, "You did nothing wrong."

 

Seokjin brings a hand up to Taehyung's face. He kisses the hand like he always did, showering it with his love.

 

The wound is too big, too much to heal. Seokjin and Taehyung both know how this'll end.

 

So Seokjin makes a last request. He had always wanted to be able to talk, especially to sing. But he couldn't. However, he loves Taehyung's voice. He loves it so much.

 

'Please sing to me,' Seokjin mouths the words out. Taehyung read his still plump but blue lips, understanding what he wanted.

 

He moves in closer until his forehead touches Seokjin's. The closer he is, he better Seokjin will hear. The rain falls on Taehyung's back more fiercely, drumming loudly as the drops hit the ground.

 

Even with how loud it was, Taehyung sung to Seokjin:

 

"Don't leave me~

Don't leave me behind~

Please turn your heart to me

And walk towards me~"

 

When he first sung this song to Seokjin, it was happy and light. Now, the tone had turned blue but the feeling of Taehyung's voice left the song echoing inside Seokjin's head.

 

"I will protect you with my life~

I will try and prove them wrong~"

 

Taehyung will always protect Seokjin, even after they vanish into thin air. He will always remember him.

 

"Woah~

I can't let go~"

 

He will never let go of the most meaningful person in his life. The most beautiful moments in life.

 

"Na na na nanana," His lips brushes Seokjin's lips.

 

"Na na na na na... na..."

 

 

 

 

Thunder boomed as Taehyung kisses Seokjin. In the cold weather, it was the warmest touch Taehyung had ever felt. He still has so many things to say but time can't be stopped now.

 

"I love you," he says through the kiss.

 

When Taehyung removes his lips, Seokjin's eyes were closed again. He'd be asleep forever, remaining with his eternal beauty and kindness.

 

And even though Seokjin has been mute his whole life, Taehyung can hear him, the soft voice that called to him earlier from the gorgeous sky, even with the storm ongoing. Lightning has finally showed up, sparking the dark sky with radiance.

 

"Taehyung, I love you so much."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not Meant To Be: Silence- [COMPLETED]

 

 

 

~~

 

Author's Note:

 

Hello readers! First of all, I'd like to thank those who had finished this story and those who left comments! AND THERE IS A PART TWO SO KEEP READING FOR MORE INFO!

 

I'm sorry if the story seems short; I did not want it to be so long. I'm also sorry if you didn't like the ending with unanswered questions. I had multiple endings in mind and ended up combining some and leaving some out. I know that not everyone will be satisfied but I already did what I did.

 

I'd also like to say that the story is going to be a series called "Not Meant To Be." That is what I have in mind for now. The second part might be some kind of sequel or a completely different story that's still connected to this one. It may or may not explain what happens to the rest of BTS afterwards.

It's out now so here the link to it if anyone's interested: Not Meant To Be: Never End

The third and last part is now also posted: Not Meant To Be: Eclipse

 

I talk too much so I'll end it with this: Thanks again! I hope I can improve my writing skills and creativity to make more stories that some may (or not) enjoy!! Thank you!!!