Kasai

La Luna Sangre

AN: Chapter 2 is up babies! It's a quick update so I apologize in advance for any typo error and if my grammar . I just wanted to update immediately before I lost my interest to continue this story. You see, I'm the type of person who easily gets disinterested about something, but I am holding on to your comments, plus I really really want to do this genre. I just hope I'll be motivated enough so please  keep sending your comments! I love reading them. 

So anyway, It's another explanatory chapter so that ya'll won't be confused that much though I think I ended up going on circles here. Anyway, let me hear your thoughts and suggestions! 

Btw, I changed the title. I think it suits my story line better.

Enjoy! *finger heartu*

 

___________________________________________

You know, for someone who's been getting kidnapped all her life, anyone would think your crazy for falling asleep on a plane"

Disoriented, Sandara's eyes slowly fluttered open. It took her a moment to realize who's the person standing infront of her. 

"Jisoo!" She said, excitedly. 

"Sup"

The man with a leather jacket nodded and smiled.

"What are you doing here??"

She looked around the first class cabin and realized that it's just the two them. 

"What happened?!" She gasped, standing immediately.

"Relax Dara, we just landed"

Jisoo chuckled, putting his hands on her shoulder, reassuring her.

"Do you have a lot of things?"

He opened the over head bin but found it empty. 

"I guess not"

"Yah! Jisoo! What is going on? Why are you here? I thought I'm going here alone?"

"You'd think your mom would risk you getting kidnapped again?" 

He answered, raising a brow.

"I was told to chaperone you until you get to the ancestral house"

"Ancestral house?"

Sandara blinked in confusion.

"I'll explain along the way. Let's go."

 

------------

SANDARA'S POV

Park Jisoo is my cousin. Technically a second cousin. My mom doesn't have any siblings so Jisoo is a child of my mom's cousin. Confusing right? Well, my family tree is like that. You see, Jisoo is not only a cousin of mine, but he is also my body guard. Why a body guard you ask? It's because I am Sandara Park, a shaman.

When you search the internet, it would say that a shaman is someone who has access to the underworld. True. It also says that a shaman practices divination and healing. Another truth. My family, especially the side of my mom, is a family of shamans. From my great great greaaaatttt grandparents up to me and my cousins. From what I have read on those aged scrolls from our house in Japan, my great great greaattttt grand mother somehow acquired her power when she helped a spirit. That spirit in return made her a shaman and that power somehow got passed on our blood line, especially the females. Every females of our generation has a different type of power. For example, the mother of my mom had an astral vision. Unlike a clairvoyant, a person who has an astral vision could travel between the past and the future if she wants too using her spirit. On a trance state, she could make her spirit go wherever and whenever she wants too. Meanwhile, My mom is a healer. She could heal any sickness. She could even bring back a dead person as long as that person hasn't been dead for an hour. Me, on the other hand,  they say is a special case. They call me a Kasai or fire. You see, a shaman should be able to harness an elemental power but this is the first time in our family's history where a daughter was born with that specialty. In my case, I harness the fire element. It might not sound so important, but you see, when my great great greaaattt grand mother was given that power, that spirit also gave her something else. A prophecy. 

When the sun and moon gets conceived on the same time, the sun will protect the moon and the moon will shine. 

 

Yes. That prophecy. Everyone in my family believes that I am the one the prophecy was talking about. Apparently, since I harness the fire element, then I am the sun. You know,  sun is equals to heat, heat is to fire. You know what I mean. 

Being a special case also means special circumstances. Like what happened 10 years ago, I've been constantly kidnapped almost every freaking year! Not that my family's defences' are lacking, but somehow, those groups and individuals who wants me are getting creative more and more! Everyone from spirits, to humans, to the government  and malevolent creatures, they all want the same thing from me. My life.

You see, aside from being an elemental, I am also what they considered as a Fenikussu. A phoenix. Yes. You know, the bird that dies only to give life. That's exactly me. Everyone wants me dead, especially the Kyubans. Yes. Vampires are real people.  I wouldn't believed it too if I haven't been kidnapped by them.  

I closed my eyes and took a deep sigh. Jisoo looked at me from the rearview mirror and chuckled. 

"You seem troubled"

I threw him a glare and crossed my arms. 

"Troubled is an understatement Jisoo. I am more pissed actually" 

I retorted, sighing again. I woke up yesterday feeling excited for my birthday but I ended up getting kicked out from my house. 

"I thought you'd be glad to finally get out of that house?"

He raised a brow, slowing down the car for the red stop sign. 

"You've been yammering on and on about wanting to live like a normal person and now here is your chance. What's with the attitude?"

"Exactly! I wanted to live like an ordinary person BUT NOT GET KICKED OUT OF THE COUNTRY!"

I shot back, irritated. He just laughed back so I slumped back to my seat again. For once, I wanted to set his pefectly combed hair on fire but I could not  do it because I'm forbidden too. Technically, my power has been sealed off. I unconsciously touched the back of my neck where a mark is located. They told me I was born with it and that it seals off my power. Great. I'm supposed to be the most powerful shaman but I could not even use my power. Awesome.  

"Jisoo, how long am I staying here?"

This time, the guy took a deep sigh as he stirred the car to the left. She looked at the window and saw them passing a public park with kids running around. She smiled at the sight remembering how she used to play back at a nearby park at their house. 

"I'm sorry Dara but I actually don't know. Aside from the order that I must chaperone you, they didn't tell me anything else" 

His voice is strained but Sandara didn't asked anymore. She knew there's more but she's already tired. If her mother said her destiny is only starting, then she'll end the prophecy once and for all and get back home. How? She'll find a way. 

Somehow. 

 


 Park Jisoo as Sandara's cousin and body guard