Fly

La Luna Sangre

Sandara Park hates flying. She hates it now even more because she's going to a place that she's unfamiliar with. Don't get her wrong. She got nothing against the country. In fact, she's pure Korean herself! Her whole family is! You can't blame her hostility though for she grew up on a totally different culture. She maybe Korean but her heart is Japanese. Yes it is conflicting, but that is her case. She had an identity crisis growing up, and until now, she is still confused.

"masil geosjom deusil laeyo? (Would you like something to drink?)"

A female steward asked, smiling at her. 

"Ne. Chajuseyo. (Yes. Tea please.)"

She answered almost automatically, startling herself. This is one of those confusing moments that she hates. Sensing her reverie, the steward smiled again and carefully poured her a cup of tea.

"Geuge daya? (Is that all?)"

"Ne."

They both bowed their heads in agreement and the steward went her way. She took a deep breath and massaged her temples. This is why she hates flying. It always gives her unwanted headaches that would sometimes won't disapper for days. 

"Dosite (Why?)" 

She took a sip of her tea before closing her eyes. I guess the only way to find out is to go to Korea. 

------------------

"Uwa! Sorera o mite! (Wow! Look at that!)"

A 10 year old Sandara shrieked in delight while pointing at the fireworks at the sky. It's New Year and she was allowed to go out and enjoy the festival outside their home. 

"Young lady! Please! Slow down!" 

Ku Hye Sun, one of their trusted maids, came panting from behind. 

"Mite! Mite! (Look! Look!)"

She shrieked again, jumping around and pointing to random things. Hye Sun was just about to catch her breath when the 10 year old started running again.

"Nanite kotoda! Itsu kanojo ga yamemasu ka?! (Oh my god! When will she stop?!)"

She cried in despair to herself but followed her Young Lady nonetheless.

"Look! What is that?!"

Hye Sun stopped walking beside her and followed the 10 year old's finger.

"Ah! That is called a Cotton candy Young Lady!"

She answered brightly at the child beside her.

"C-cotton candy?"

Sandara asked in amazement as her gaze follow the candy being swirled by a machine to a fluff of ball. Hye Sun saw her Young Lady's eye sparkle in amazement. She wanted to laugh at her innocence but somehow felt sadden instead. Her Young Lady is already 10 years old, but is still lacking knowledge about the world. Not that a 10 year old kid should know a lot, but Sandara's case is different, and so is hers.

She has been with the Parks for as long as she remembers. She was 10 years old when Sandara's mom took her in. She remembers that it was raining and she was shivering from the cold. She could remember crying because there was so much chaos around her. After that, there seems to be a static signal in her memory and then she was at the Park's home.

"Kowagaranaide kudasai (don't be scared)"

Yeou Park, Sandara's mother said as she carefully approach her. Even though she was still very young, Hye Sun knows what a beauty looks like. Yeou Park was immaculately beautiful. Wearing a simple white Kimono, and her hair on a bun, for Hye Sun, she was the epitome of beauty.

A sudden sirring pain on her left leg made her jerk and cry. Yeou saw this and came rushing to her side. What she saw next would marked her role on the lives of the Parks.

Yeou Park is healing her broken leg.

The beautiful woman has her hands on her broken leg and a bright light is coming out of her hands, making her wounds suddenly all close up. Hye Sun couldn't understand what was happening and all she could do is stare with mouth agape at the woman in front of her. Yeou chuckled when she saw the kid's expression. She stood up, and ruffled Hye Sun's hair. A servant came rushing to their side upon Yeou's signal.

"Take care of her. I healed her physical wounds but I could do nothing about her emotional pain."

Hye Sun heard her say to the servant. Her voice was as warm as the light that came from her hands but  Hye Sun could not understand what she was saying.

"Onamaehanandesuka? (What is your name?)"

Yeou turned to her and asked but she could not understand. She opened but closed it again.

They fell silent for a moment.

"Neo ileum-iya? (Your name?)"

Yeou repeated her question this time in Korean. Hye Sun's ears perked up and she immediately answered with her tears brewing up. Finally, someone she could talk to!

"Ku Hye Sun! My name is Ku Hye Sun!"

She remembers repeating her name while crying non stop.

Now she remembers what happened. She was on a vacation with her family. It was supposed to be for her mother's birthday when a sudden road accident happened. She thought it was a road accident, not until she grew up and learned about the Park family's trade and secret. She was angry, hurt, betrayed and confused, but it didn't matter anymore. Yeou Park saved her life and Hye Sun swore to keep the Park's family a secret and be on their side until her last breath.

-----------------

"Oni-san!"

Hye Sun jerked out of her reverie when she felt the 10 year old pull the sleeves on her kimono. She was pouting and was on the verge of tears. She must have been trying to call her attention for sometime now. She stooped down and put her hand on Sandara's head.

"What is it kid?"

"I want that candy!"

Sandara pouted, pointing at the cotton candy infront of them.

"Sure. But don't tell your mom I bought you some okay?"

Sandara giggled and nodded. Hye Sun stared at her for a moment and felt a pang of sadness again. She pity the kid. This kid has no idea what she's gonna be few years from now. 

"Would you like 2 cotton candies?"

"Otone?! (Really?!)

Sandara shrieked in delight.

"Be good and wait for me here okay?"

She stood up, ruffling Sandara's hair.

"Don't leave and go anywhere okay? I'll be back."

She said firmly once again before leaving Sandara for the cotton candy machine ---- something she should have never done.

---------------

"Kanojo wa megasamete imasu Ka? (Is she awake?)"

Sandara heard someone spoke behind her. She tried to open her eyes but they felt heavy. She tried moving her feet but they were numb. She tried to cry but only heard muffled sounds. She realized that and feet were binded by something and she was being carried around like a sack of potato. She succesfully opened her eyes and immediately thought she went blind because of the darkness. It took her a couple of seconds to adjust her vision.

"She's awake" 

A deep voice said again behind her. She looked sideways and saw that a big man was carrying her. Her eyes widen in surprise and she started wriggling herself out of his grip.

"Stay still kid. I don't wanna hurt you." 

He spoke again. She could only cry and started hitting his back will all her might. 

"She's a feisty one"

A female voice said. She looked up and saw a woman clad in a kimono walking beside them. 

"Just like her mother" 

Another one spoke to their left. A skinny guy with a leather jacket. 

"At least you're not carrying a monster"

She looked sideways again and saw another big guy infront. He's carrying something too, or someone to be exact.

--------------- 

They've been walking for almost an hour but for the 10 year old Sandara, it felt like an eternity. She knew she's still in Osaka, but she also knew they are deep inside a forest. Her eyes grew tired from crying and sore from trying to scream. She looked sideways again and saw the other person that is being mishandled like her too. It was a boy around her age. It was dark, but somehow, Sandara could trace his features. He's messy hair is jet black and his eyes are like those of a cat. He got a nice pointy nose and his lips are as pink as those cotton candy she saw earlier. She was still staring at him when his eyes suddenly flew open and stared back at her.

For a moment she thought the world had stopped. She felt herself holding her breath so she looked away. 

"Ika sete! (Let me go!)"

She heard the boy yelled in an authorative voice. 

"And there is two"

The woman in a kimono chuckled, covering with a fan. 

"I am ordering you to put me down!"

He yelled again this time, repeatedly hitting the head of the guy who was carrying him.

"What the?" 

The guy holding him struggled to keep his balance as the boy kept hitting his head and started kicking around. 

"Keep still you little rat!"

The guy growled, suddenly punching the boy on his stomach. Sandara saw him winced in pain and spurted some blood before losing consciousness again. She saw all of this and got scared so she started crying again.

"Mikio."

The man holding her stopped walking and faced the guy who was carrying the boy.

"Sishumaru won't be pleased if you hurt them. We need them alive, remember?"

"I know that! Stop acting like a know-it-all Kenta!"

Mikio spat, walking away, adjusting the weight of the boy on his shoulder, but before he could take another step, flying daggers were shooting towards them hitting him on his right arm severely.

The woman in a kimono stepped foward and started making big sweeping motions with her fan deflecting the daggers away. 

"It's them." 

Kenta stated in a low serious tone. 

"Ughhh" 

Mikio fell, grasping his right arm in pain. The boy also fell with a loud thud. Sandara tried wiggling herself free, but to her surprise, Kenta put her down beside the boy. 

"It's no use. We all know that once you get hurt with their daggers, it's death for sure."

The guy with the leather jacket stated while examining Mikio's wound. 

"Baka (stupid)" 

A voice suddenly emerged out of the darkness.

"You know about this but you idiots still went ahead and kidnapped her"

Sandara looked up and saw a familiar face. Ahn Jae Hyun. She is used to see him around their house but her 10 year old self didn't know that Jae Hyun is the head of the Park's special guards.

"Young Lady!"

She heard someone cried and saw Ku Hye Sun behind him. 

"I'm so sorry!" 

Ku Hye Sun cried, worried sick. Sandara teared up again upon seeing her. 

"What is this? A reunion?"

The female retorded, mocking them.

"Madoka"

Kenta picked her up again and threw her towards Madoka. She screamed her lungs out again but to no avail and started wringgling. To her surprise, even though she's a female, Madoka was holding her with only one arm. 

"Get her and the boy to Sishumaru. Takeo and I will hold them down." 

Kenta stated, facing Jae Hyun again. Madoka nodded, while picking the boy with ease. Sandara's eyes widen in fear again. 

"I would not do that If I were you"

Jae Hyun clicked his tongue while twirling a dagger around his hand. 

"Madoka, Go"

She didn't need to be ordered for she was already running away on a speed not possible for a human being. Sandara could only tear up as she saw the last familiar faces she knew ebbing away at a distance. Her last chance of hope, gone. 

-----------------------------

They were going farther and farther away and Sandara could not understand how this person could run so fast. She looked at the boy but he still had his eyes closed. Suddenly, Madoka came into a halt. She looked around, as if trying to sense something. Sandara looked around too but could not decipher anything because of the dark. 

"Kyuban" 

Both she and Madoka jerked at the high pitched sound. It seems to be everywhere like an echo.

"K-kyuban?" Sandara thought to herself. She maybe 10 but she knows what a Kyuban means. She glanced up to see her captor and to her surprise, the once beautiful face of Madoka had turned into an ugly, white washed, fanged beast, making her scream her lungs out of fear. Will all her might, she wriggled herself out of Maduka's grip, making her fall to the ground. She couldn't stand up because her feet were binded too, so she started crawling hard on her stomach away from the vampire.

"Show yourself!"

Madoka once melodic voice turned into a screech. 

"Show yourself or I will kill this boy!" 

She held the boy by his neck, her grip so hard that she could snap him any second. 

"You dare hurt the chosen one?" 

A low hollow voice answered and 3 people suddenly appeared in front of them. Sandara felt closed. Is it even possible for a human to just appear out of nowhere?! 

"HAHAHAHA" 

Maduka suddenly guffawed like a crazed woman. 

"The chosen one? What nonsense! We all know who the chosen one is and it's definitely not this boy!" 

She screeched, and was about to snap the boy's neck when one of the three people teleported in front of Madoka, stabbing her with a dagger on her chest. 

"Uggghh" 

She and the boy fell on the ground with a loud thud. Madoka started squirming around the ground and making incoherent sounds as she try to pull out the dagger off her chest. 

"What is this?" 

The lone female from the three approached them too. 

"Why is it taking her so long to die?" 

Sandara heard her say. 

"She must have fed too much human blood" 

The last one from the three answered. The guy who stabbed Madoka left them and approached Sandara. She tried crawling away but he held her back.

"Don't be scared. We're not your enemies." 

He stated in a calm voice but her 10 year old self could not trust anyone anymore, so she still kept squirming away from him. He reached out and took off the bind around and feet.

"There, you're safe now"

"YOUNG LADY!"

She looked back and saw Ahn Jae Hyun and a couple of men behind him running towards them. She saw Hye Sun so she immediately scrambled to her feet and run towards her for a hug. She started crying immediately. Hye Sun cried too because her Young Lady was shaking The child must have been so shocked.

"The Kyubans finally breeched the peace treaty." 

She heard the guy who took off her binds say to Jae Hyun. 

"This is just their first attack."

He continued. 

"How did they get the chosen one?"

Jae Hyun asked, looking at the boy who was still on the ground. Sandara pushed herself away from Hye Sun and looked back at the boy. Why isn't anyone helping him? He's hurt!

"Kenta."

The female joined their conversation with her arms folded across her chest. 

"He was one of us. This kyuban must have seduced him to make him betray us." 

"I must say, I am impressed. We always thought that they are just mindless idiots but they still managed to get the two" 

The other guy stated with a smirk on his face.

"I wasn't especting them to get this far."

Sandara wasn't even listening to them. She was looking at the boy who's still on the ground. 

"It's just sad that they have to meet like this" 

She heard Jae Hyun say. She turned to look at them but caught a glimpse of something. To her horror, she saw Madoka took off the dagger with all her might and wielded it towards the boy. Without even thinking, she run towards between them and hugged the boy, hoping that somehow both of them won't get hurt.

"Sandara!" 

She heard Hye Sun cried. 

"AHHHHH" 

For a moment, she thought she's the one screaming in pain. To her surprise, she felt something warm enveloped her whole body.

"Young Lady!" 

Jae Hyun screamed as she started floating in the air. She tried to grab the boy so that she'll stop floating but it is as if her body has a mind of it's own. 

"AHHHHH" 

She heard Madoka screamed again and saw that she was burning and all of a sudden turned into ash.

"Young Ladyyyy!!!!"

Hye Sun cried again as she and Jae Hyun tried to grab her back. She tried reaching for their hands too but she's floating farther away. 

"Oni-san!" 

She cried, scared for her life. Suddenly, she felt and burning sensation on the back of her neck. 

"AHHHHH!!!!" 

She shrieked both in panic and pain. 

"The seal!" 

The female from the three people yelled. 

"The seal is opening!" 

"What?! Now?!"

Jae Hyun yelled back. 

"Impossible! She's too young to be awakened!" 

Sandara knows they are still there but she couldn't see anymore. It feels like her mind is completely blank and all she could see are blinding lights. Suddenly, she felt something burst out from her body. She felt as if she's burning. 

"Jae Hyun! Do something!" 

Hye Sun cried in despair. 

She couldn't see but she could feel her tears streaming down her face. Her whole body is engulfed on a flame. 

"Master!"

She heard someone yell and then she felt a freezing sensation on her right leg.

"Modotte (Come back)" 

She heard someone say and almost automatically she plummeted downwards.

"Uff"

She fell on something soft. She felt drained.

"Sandara!"

Hye Sun ran towards her. 

"Get off of me" 

She heard the same voice say again. She raised her head and was meet by the eyes of the boy. 

"I said, get off"

He repeated, the two of them staring at each other. 


Author's note:

Hi there! Hope you enjoyed Chapter 1. It's long because I wanted to put atleast half of Sandara's past in here to help you understand the plot. I know it's still confusing but I promise to do better on the next chapters. Thank  your for reading and see you next time!

 Choi Ji Woo as Yeou Park - Sandara's mother

 Ku Hye Sun and Ahn Jae Hyun as themselves 

 Sandara's seal on the back of her neck 

 Imagine Sandara being consumed by flames like this