001

Walk On Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PS. EXO"'s New ALBUM.. I'm KOKO-SHOOKT.. I have nothing to say BUT MY BABIES DID THAT! 

 

 

 

“You got such big ears... LIKE AN ELFFF!” The leader of the group said before everyone erupted in pits of laughter but the poor boy could only sniff quietly wanting all of the other kids to just leave him alone, both his small chubby hands trying to hide his hideous ears.

 

“Ohhhh, is the baby boy crying..huhuhuhu poor elf crying because no one likes him.” The other kid said before pushing Chanyeol off the swing he was on.

 

“YAH! What do you guys think you're doing huh?” All five kids turn their heads only to step backwards upon seeing who it was.

 

“Ba-baekhyunnie.” The leader stutter as the much shorter and tinier boy walked towards them.

 

His head wrapped in white bandana and his shirt sleeves rolled up on his shoulder, “What are you guys doing?” Baekhyun, the tiny boy, asked as he crossed his short arms over his chest.

 

“Oh! Nothing, we we--” but Baekhyun didn't listen to them as he watch the boy on the ground who is now aiding on a fresh scratch on his arms, Baekhyun's small eyes widen upon seeing the tears on the the other boy's eyes and the blood gushing on his arm.

 

“No! What happened?” Baekhyun cried tears streaming down his cheeks as he goes down on his knees, removing his bandana on his head and wrapping carefully on Chanyeol's wound.

 

The other boys, as well as Chanyeol, were all taken a back by the fact that Baekhyun is now crying and bawling loudly as he wrapped his bandana on Chanyeol's arm.

 

“So much blooddd... NO!! YOU GUYS DID THIS?!” Baekhyun asked turning his head on the group's direction before they bowed their heads towards Baekhyun.

 

“APOLOGIZE TO HIM! Or I won't let you guys borrow my new scooter!” Baekhyun exclaimed, and soon the boys started pilling up and apologizing to Chanyeol.

 

But Chanyeol didn't pay any attention to them, he was too focused on watching the tears on the smaller boy's eyes in front of him, who is this Baekhyun? And why did he cry upon seeing him hurt?

 

Once the boys left, Baekhyun started wiping his own tears and look up towards Chanyeol who is still widely staring at him, “It must hurt? I'm sorry they were bullies, I won't play with them anymore. Let's be friends? I'm Baekhyun. And I cry because I don't like other people hurting.”

 

Chanyeol, with his young age, only nods. Baekhyun is really weird. A good kind of weird.

 

 

*

 

 

 

Chanyeol smiles widely upon seeig the familiar figure sitting on that same spot just like any other days.

 

"Princess!” The giant called waving towards the said boy who returns the greetings with an equal wide smile.

 

“Ya! RUN!! come on I'm starving!” Baekhyun, the shorter male, complained as he waited for his friend to reach where he is, “What took you forever?!” Baekhyun complained as soon as Chanyeol stood infront of him.

 

The taller only sigh and ruffles Baekhyun's soft brown locks, “Sorry princess, The line up at the cafeteria was pretty long, here you're sandwhich, no mayo and no cucumbers, as you wish.”

 

Baekhyun grinned upon seeing the food but only to frown, “Where's the strawberry milk?” he asked looking displeased.

 

Chanyeol only shook his head before reaching behind his back pocket, “So impatient aren't you? Here you go. As if I'd forget.” Chanyeol said as he stuck the straw on the box before handing it to the now very  much satisfied midget.

 

“Happy?” Chanyeol asked as he watched his friend munch away beside the bench they are on.

 

“Hmmm, very much!” Baekhyun hummed as he continue on eating but only to pause as he noticed his friend only staring at him, raising a brow he gave Chanyeol a look over before he asked, “What? Why aren't you eating?”

 

The taller only smiles shyly before rubbing the back of his neck, avoiding Baekhyun's gaze the taller look straight ahead before clearing his throat.

 

“Chanyeol...?” Baekhyun urged putting his sandwhich aside before forcing his friend to look straight back at him.

 

“Ermmm...” Chanyeol smiles shyly before Baekhyun give him a disapproving look.

 

“You didn't..Wait.. You did..” Baekhyun said mouth hanging agape.

 

“No-- I DID IT WAS LI--” But Baekhyun saw through him just like any other day.

 

And with a hissed he stops the other boy from talking before grabbing his sandwhich back and cutting it in half, “How many times have I told you, I can just buy my own lunch you don't have to spend your own lunch money on me.” Baekhhyun sigh before giving the other half of the sandwhich to his friend.

 

“I can't accept that, that's yours..” Chanyeol replied as he bow his head in embarassment.

 

Baekhyun just shakes his head, displeased, grabbing Chanyeol's hand, he force the male to hold onto the sandwhich, “What is mine is yours. Also you paid for this so this is technically yours.” Baekhyun explained.

 

“But princess---”

 

“No buts. And starting tomorrow I will now buy our lunches, and you will save our spot instead, deal?” Baekhyun asked rasing his other sandwich free hand.

 

Chanyeol was about to complain that 'No, he should be the one doing it because it's always been their little arrangement, and that it's okay if he spend his lunch money on Baekhyun as long a he would see those bright smiles of the shorter whenever he delivers the food Baekhyun likes.' but Baekhyun's face tells him otherwise, so with a defeated sigh Chanyeol whispers a soft 'Deal.'

 

 

 

*

 

 

“You kissed her?” Baekhyun shrieked as Chanyeol covers his face.

 

“No....” The taller mumbles as he literally throwas himself on Baekhyun's bed.

 

“What do you mean NO? You just said you did like five seconds ago while we were going up here in my room.” Baekhyun rebutal as he pulled on his friend's ankle.

 

“OKAY! Fine I did. But that was just because I thought I needed to.” Chanyeol groaned as he watch his friend narrowed eyes on him, and with a large gulp Chanyeol scooted towards Baekhyun's bed, “Princess stop that you're scaring me..”

 

“Chanyeol you don't just kiss people just because you thought you needed to!” Baekhyun exclaimed throwing the nearest pillow towards his friend who only winced in pain when the pillow hits his head.

 

“I didn't know okay. I mean she did ask me nicely on a date, and I felt like I needed to at least thank her.” Chanyeol mumbles the last words.

 

Baekhyun only sigh before turning his back towards his friend, “You're unbelievable. You go have your own sleepover, I'm going to the guest room.”

 

“No Princess We still need to play battlegrounds!! you promised me~!!!!” Chanyeol whined as Baekhyun walks out on his own bedroom.

 

Stupid Giant. If only you know how much I'm hurting right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

“Should I?” Chanyeol asked as he invaded Baekhyun's dorm.

 

“Yeol, Kyungsoo will be home soon you should go back to your dorm now.” Baekhyun sigh for the ninth time as he tries to focus on his homework.

 

“Princess, Just please, I need your opinion now.” Chanyeol said as he pulls the chair on Kyungsoo's, Baekhyun's roommate, desk before he sat right in front of Baekhyun grabbing the shorter's notebook.

 

“Give it back.” Baekhyun said as he attempted to grab the notebook out of Chanyeol's reach, but it was all in vain, Chanyeol has grown way taller than Baekhyun over the course of their teenage years and Baekhyun blames his genes for having him short and midget size.

 

“I will. But.. just.” Chanyeol sigh as he look down straight in Baekhyun's pleading eyes, “Should I ask her out?”

 

Thump thump thump.... Baekhyun blinked once, twice, before breaking their eye contact, the room suddenly becomes hotter than it already was but Chanyeol seems unaffected as he waits for his friend to answer him.

 

“Baek, please answer me, I think...I think I really like her.” Chanyeol confessed hoping that his friend would give him the blessing he so badly needed.

 

Baekhyun sigh before standing up and dragging his friend off the seat towards his door, Chanyeol just let him do it, knowing better not to push his friend's limit.

 

And with a longer sigh, Baekhyun manages to push Chanyeol out of his room, and with a longing last that Chanyeol seems to not recognize, Baekhyun forces a smile, “Whatever makes you happy, will always makes me happy Yeol.”

 

And with that Baekhyun immediately closes the door on Chanyeol not letting his friend witness that first tear drop.

 

Only if you knew how much I'm still hurting right now.

--

 

“So Princess,you and Jongin.. wow I've never knew you'd actually go for that type.” Chanyeol teased as he casually stole a fry from Baekhyun's food tray.

 

The shorter frown before throwing another piece towards Chayeol's direction, “What do you mean by that type? Jongin and I are just friends. Plus, I'm not interested..” Baekhyun whispers the last part that Chanyeol seems to not hear at all, or he just didn't care.

 

“Chanyeol only shrugs before grabbing the fry Baekhyun threw at him, “You know, the typical Handsome, Ladies killer type, Like me.” Chanyeol said before winking towards Baekhyun who made gagging noise.

 

“Oh pleaseeee... Chanyeol never wink again. That's gonna haunt me in my sleep.” Baekhyun shivers before going to his food.

 

“Ohh.. I never knew you dream about me~~” Chanyeol teased as he once again stole some of Baekhyun's food.

 

“Of course I do~~” But it wasn't Baekhyun who answered that.

 

Immediately, Baekhyun halts the burger that he was almost ready to bite on.

 

“Awww, Babe~” Chanyeol immediately smile making room for his girlfriend to sit on their table.

 

“Hi Baek Oppa.” The girl greeted as she puts her tray down on the table that Chanyeol and Baekhyun used to share.

 

“Hi Yerim. How are you?” Baekhyun asked trying to surpress the sour feeling on the pit of his stomach.

 

“Really Good! I just ace the report I presented this morning! Thanks to this giant here who was such a big help~~” The girl, Yerim, cood as she gently scratch Chanyeol's lower chin.

 

Beakhyun had manage to keep a straight face all throughout, he is used to this.

“Wow that's really good!” Baekhyun said as he watch Chanyeol plants a soft kiss on the girl's cheek complimenting the girl from her achievement.

 

Baekhyun immediately looked away, Yes he is used to this. But that doesn't mean he isn't hurting.

 

“Good job Babe~” Chanyeol smiles as he stares down the girl as if his world only revolves around her.

 

Yes, Good Job Baek. You're doing good. Just Hang in there.

 

If only he knew, How much it truly hurts even after those years.

 

--

 

“She broke up with me Princess” Chanyeol said as he laid his head on Baekhyun's shoulder to hide his tears.

 

But still, Baekhyun felt it, his shirt soaking those tears making him feel every drop of Chanyeol's tears, and each drops represents the hurt that Chanyeol is feeling right.

 

Baekhyun sigh and let his friend cry on his shoulder, “I don't understand what and where did I go wrong Baek....I loved her.” Chanyeol sob as he choked in his own tears.

 

If every tear drops represents Chanyeol's hurt. Then Chanyeol's words represents Baekhyun's hurt.

 

He is hurting not for himself, but for his friend.

 

Chanyeol deserved all the love in this world, all the happiness there has to offer. And Yerim was that love and happiness.

 

“You maybe hurting right now Yeol, but remember that soon you'll be able to move on and find that there is reason for everything.” Baekhyun said as he caress Chanyeol's hair.

 

Humming a soft lullaby as he lulls Chanyeol to sleep.

 

And I truly hope you do move on soon. Because I can't bear the hurt of your cries.

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

“You what..?!” Baekhyun exclaimed as soon as Chanyeol enter's his own Apartment.

 

“I know you are probably disgusted, but please Baek my head hurts right now. Can I just sleep in your room now?” Chanyeol asked as he clutch on his head, still a bit tipsy from the drinks he had earlier.

 

“No, Mister, you are not going in my room, like this, and smelling like .” Baekhyun grimaced as he push Chanyeol towards his bathroom, “And no, I'm not disgusted in you, but I am disappointed. But for now go freshen up and I'll prepare your clothes for you.” Baekhyun said gaze not meeting the taller's eyes as he made his way to his room to grab some of Chanyeol's clothes, since the boy literally live in his Apartment as well.

 

Upon hearing his bathroom door's closed, Baekhyun heave another long sigh as he sat back down to his bed, clutching tightly on Chanyeol's sweats shirt.

 

EARLIER-

 

“Princess.....” Baekhyun immediately stood up to look at his nightstand where his alarm clock is seating, 1:45 AM.

 

“Yeol... are you drunk? Where are you?” Baekhyun asked panic immediately seeping through his skin as he tries his best to get up off his bed.

 

“I'm okay ...Did I wake you up?” Chanyeol voice sounds raspy, and Baekhyun knew that the boy had been drinking just the way he sounded, rubbing his tired eyes Baekhyun only shook his head as if Chanyeol could see him, but Chanyeol doesn't need to see him, the taller already knew.

 

“I'm sorry Princess.... but could you pick me up? I'm at Hyatt right now.” Chanyeol said whispering the last few words.

 

But Baekhyun heard it. And he knew where that Place is, and there's only one reason why Chanyeol would be at that place, however Baekhyun prays that he is mistaken because Chanyeol is not that type of a man.

 

Thump Thump Thump.

 

Stupid Giant.

 

“I'll be there in fifteen.” Baekhyun could only sigh as he heard Chanyeol's nervous chuckle.

 

“Thanks Prncess, I knew I can count on you”

 

“Why? Why did you do it Yeol?” Baekhyun asked the thin air as his hold onto Chanyeol's sweats tighten, lifting the fabric towards his face Baekhyun hides his sobs on Chanyeol's shirt.

 

It hurts. If only you knew how much I'm hurting right now.

 

The silent sobs continues on as Baekhyun asked over and over again Why?

---

 

“Princess I'm done. Can I get my clothes now?” Chanyeol called from the washroom.

 

But Baekhyun ignored the call, looking emotionlessly through the closed door of his bathroom, Baekhyun wipes his tears stained cheeks and forced a small smile , “Why the hell do I love you so much?” The boy whispered as he reached his empty hand to touched the closed door, but before he do so, Chanyeol had opened the door grinning widely upon seeing his friend, “Thanks,” Chanyeol smiled before grabbing the pair of sweats on Baekhyun's hold.

 

Baekhyun only smiles before nodding, turning his back towrads Chanyeol the shorter made an attempt to leave but Chanyeol only grab his wrist, the taller's half body still hidden behind the Bathroom door, “I know you're mad right now,” Chanyeol said as he watch Baekhyun's smiled faltered, this time the giant is aware of the weariness in those almond eyes, “And I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. It was a meaningless but I shouldn't have done it. And I'm sorry for disappointing you.” Chanyeol said as he pulls Baekhyun closer before planting a soft chaste kiss on the shorter's temple.

 

Baekhyun stood there frozen as he felt the warmness from Chanyeol's lips spread through his body, his arms feeling numb and his entire system slowly shuts down, nothing but the feeling of lingering touched both on his wrist and temple was what Baekhyun was feeling.

 

Chanyeol shouldn't have done that.

 

Because it never eases the pain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

“She's amazing Princees, I can't wait for you to meet her.” Baekhyun sigh as he clutch the phone in his hand.

 

“I bet she is, and me too, she sounds like she's perfect for you.” Baekhyun said as he tries to surpress the tears that are slowly gathering on the side of his eyes.

 

“Hmm, She makes me happy .” And Baekhyun could only imagine that smile on his friend's face.

The smile that he misses the most, yet the smile that never was nor is directed towards him.

 

“And that makes me truly Happy.” Baekhyun said.

 

There was a comfortable silent between the two before Baekhyun heard shuffling from Chanyeol's side.

 

And after a few seconds, he heard Chanyeol cleared his t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter