The Deal

Bird Cage

so not much of the rest of BTS in this chapter but it will get back to everyone in a bit! I promise! As always please comment and let me know if i need to fix or edit anything as i still dont have anyone to edit for me! :) 

follow on twitter if you want...@KpopLo_ve

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

But Jimin never made it home.

You see, the thing about Jimin breaking his rules is that: Once one is broken, the others quickly follow; whether by his own volition or not.

He hadn’t even made it two blocks before he heard the distorted whirl of multiple sirens as two cop cars pulled up onto the sidewalk blocking his path from the front and back.

Two cops, one taller and the other shorter, jumped out with guns already drawn on him. “Hands up, kid!” the taller one growled.

“W-what? But I didn’t-I didn’t do anything” Jimin whimpered trying to see their faces through the rain dripping into his eyes as he dropped his rolled up dirty cloths and slowly raised his hands. The two slowly closed in on him, guns still raised and when the taller was close enough to touch him he grabbed Jimins arms harshly. Jimin cried out in pain as the metal cuffs were snapped on his wrists and yanked back.

“Hey Zico!? Not so rough! He’s just a kid and he hasn’t done anything” The shorter one spoke; voice a bit uncertain.

Zico ignored him for a moment has he shoved a panicked Jimin into the back of his car. “Hes done enough” Zico snarled and slammed the car door. Zico and the other cop separated got each got in their cars, the shorter one stopping to grab Jimins cloths, which he was grateful for since he had limited cloths now. Jimin tried to question the cop again as he drove way too fast through the rain but he received no response so after a few minutes he fell silent; shivering in his drenched cloths with his arms pinned uncomfortably behind his back.

They pulled up to a dark building, a police station, and Jimin noticed that it looked deserted this late at night. He shivered even more, this time from fear. He was once again pulled roughly from the car and into the building. He ended up sitting in an even colder room at a empty mental desk with his hands cuffed in front of him.

Zico lazily sat in the chair on the opposite of the table while the shorter one, Taeil, he had learned in passing, choose to stand awkwardly in the cornor with a white folder in his hands. It was like he knew they were doing something wrong.

"Full name?" Zico drawled.

"Jimin" he answered meekly.

"I said full name kid" the glare insified.

Jimin drew his arms around himself as best he could with his hands cuffed, trying to gather some kind of warmth. "Jimin....u-uh Lee. Lee Jimin." He knew lying to a what he assumed was a cop was risky and stupid but he also knew that the consequences of revealing his real name was far more dangerous. "And I'm not a kid!" Jimin bit his tongue at the rare act of defiance, already regretting it. Something about this cop seemed off..dangerous. Jimin shivered again, once again in slight fear as the cops eyes flashed in anger.

"Lee, huh?" He scoffed as if he knew it was a lie. "Yeah, sure. Look, I'm Detective Zico and this is Detective Taeil." He waved a hand carelessly in Taeils direction. "we've been watching you." Jimins breath caught and his hands jerked forward. "W-watching me?! But why?" He breathed out in disbelief.

What exactly did they know? No. There was no way. He had been careful. So careful. He took nothing with him when he left the last time. No clothes. No money. No identity.

Zico smirked slightly as he watched pain and panic cross Jimins face.

"We know you've been hanging out with a certain family" He continued, smirk still in place.

"What?" He said in confusion, panicked thoughts coming to a halting stop. He had not been expecting that to come out of the cops mouth.

"Taeil" He called shortly, still staring Jimin down as he held out his hand to the other cop. Taeil, who had seemingly been organizing the white folder, hmm'ed in response. Zico finally tore is gaze away from Jimin and lifted an eyebrow at Taeil, wiggling his hand impatiently. "oh" Taeil muttered but instead in give it to Detective Zico he ignored the hand and slumped into the seat next to him. Zico rolled his eyes but gestured for Taeil to 'do the honors'.

"This one." He said simply and Taeil opened the folder slightly, pulling out a few large pages. He flipped over the first one and set it lightly in front of Jimin; a stark contrast to the way Zico had been handling everything.

It was an enlarged photo of someone. Jimin leaned closer.

Jhope.

Taeil flipped another.

Jhope at the studio.

Another.

Taehyung on a college campus.

Another.

Jin at a clinic in a white doctors coat.

Another.

Suga in a recording studio in front of a mic.

Another.

Namjoon. Namjoon in the backyard of his own home with a slight smile on his face.

Jimin could feel the gaze of the two men studying him as he gasped. His hands unconciously lifted as he traced namjoons face in the photo.

Namjoon looked happy, content, safe in the picture, unaware of the danger. Beautiful.

"What is this...?" He whispered absently, brows furrowing.

"This" He tapped the photos harshly with two fingers. "is a group of criminals."

Jimins eyes snapped to Zicos searching for a hint of a lie. When he found nothing but quiet anger his eyes quickly dropped back to the photos.

"No." He stated with conviction. He may not have known the family for very long but he didn't get a bad feeling from any of them. And besides, he had known Jhope about 6 months now. He was good. He wouldn't hang out with criminals. They were good people. Loving and supportive of each other. "You're wrong...you have to be. These people have never done anything bad. They are good peo-"

"Really?" Zico questioned in amusement and he tugged the folder out of a silent Taeils hands abruptly, making him let out a small noise in surprise. "How well do you know your friend Jhope? A few months? and how about his 'Brothers'?" He spat the word as if it disgusted him. "You've known them what? A few hours at most?" Jimin gasped in horror. They really had been watching him.

"W-what do you want? Why are you doing this??" Jimin pleaded.

Zico ignored the question and leaned back in his seat. "You know nothing. These men steal and cause nothing but pain to the people around them for a living." He pulled a few more photos from the folder and threw them down on the table, covering Namjoon smiling face. Jimin lifted shaking, numb from cold, fingers to rifle through them.

The first one he picked up was what looked to be the aftermath of an accident. There was a big semi-truck with the back doors blown off hanging precariously off the hinges. What looked like bullet holes riddled the sides and wheels. The front windshield was covered in something black....'spray paint' Jimin realized as he looked closer, more and more confused.

The next few photos looked to be taken from street security cameras. They pictured several expensive looking race cars , the drivers partially covered in shadow. They had a feeling of familiarity to their silhouettes that Jimin choose not to dwell on too long.

"Your so called friends spend their days planning, and then carrying out, the hijacking and theft of high priced merchandise as they are being transported. They use race cars and motorcycles with severely tinted windows and helmets, find trucks on deserted highways late at night, and then attack. Each attach results in the drivers being severely injured and at least a hundred thousand dollars in merchandise gone. All in under the span of 10 minutes." Zico pushed on harshly, getting more and more angry with each word. Jimin started to shake his head in disbelief again.

"No. NO. This isn't right! This isn't them. I didn't even see any of these cars there!" He cried hysterically, holding up the photo of the supposed race cars.

Zico once again ignored his exclamation as he continued to describe the detail of the attacks. His voice was drowned out by the rushing of blood in Jimins ears as He continued to flip photo after photo onto the desk.

"They're criminals and their leader?! He's the worst, a monster that destroys families!" He ranted and suddenly Jimins whirling thoughts came to an abrupt stop, breath catching again, as Zico threw down one last photo.

It was a picture of five parked parked motorcycles. Five very beautiful, very familiar motorcycles.

Jimins mind flashed back to Taehyungs slip of calling Namjoon 'leader'. The empty gun holster Namjoon had on his belt. The hushed conversation that was cut off when they noticed Jimin at the house.

Taeil seemed to notice Jimins face drain of blood because he placed his hand lightly on Zicos bicep, cutting off his tirade.

"Oh?" The smirk was back stronger and more menacing then ever. "Recognize something?" He asked smugly sitting back again calmly crossing his arms in front of him. The silence hung thickly for a few long minutes. All Jimin could do is stare at the picture and shiver, his skin now freezing.

"Taeil? The kid is cold. Why don't you grab him some hot tea, hmm?" Taeil and Jimin jerked at his voice cutting through the silent room.

"But-" Taeil looked uncertain again.

"Taeil, tea please." Zico cut him off with an edge to his voice. On one hand Jimin would have loved something hot to warm his cold body and soothe his nerves. On the other hand, he would have done anything, anything to not be left alone with this man. He reminded him of.....the man he called father. Jimin met Taeils eyes over Zicos shoulder and silently pleaded. Taeil sighed in sympathy as if he had been through this before and knew what was about to happen.

"Yeah...Sure" He got up reluctantly and threw an apologetic glance at Jimin. Jimin dropped his gaze down, staring at the edge of the table. The only noise was of the photos Jimin was crinkling in his grip.

"lee, you said, huh?" Zico said lazily after the other detective had left, picking at his nails. Jimin felt his gut lurch.

"yeah...." He coughed, pulling his hands away from the pictures to tug his drying shirt away from chest, making it un-stick. "Lee Jimin."

"Bull." He stated just as lazily, a palpable difference from his earlier harsh tone. Jimin flinched in surprise. The detective leaned forward resting his elbows on the table, chin resting on his knuckles.

"I know who you are.....Park Jimin" Jimins eyes widened, blood began rushing in his ears again, and he started hyperventilating .

"W-what-H-How-" He shuddered, thoughts jumbled.

"I know who your father is." Zico leaned closer, eyes darting over Jimins face in sick fascination. "I know..." His finger hooked onto the overlarge collar of Taehyungs shirt, pulling it down just enough to reveal a long, jagged scar from collar bone to heart. "...how you got this scar." His whispered leaning right into Jimins face eyes still tracing the scar. His other hand reached up to grab at the metal linking the cuffs together, not allowing jimin to pull back away from. His breathing sped up. He couldn't breath. He couldn't think straight, lost in terrifying memories. "I know hes still looking for you. He came in with his goons awhile back handing out your photo; asking us if we've seen you and if we could keep an eye out. So I did a little research. Read the reports of your mothers death...read the rumors......Imagine my surprise when I recognized you walking into that Jhope guys dance class during surveillance one night."

He slowly released Jimins collar and slid his eyes up to meet Jimins eyes. "All it would take is one slip of your name in an official report and your father would be here in minutes to take you back before you could slip off again. You're not too careful are you, Kid." He mocked, voice low. "Getting careless?" Zicos hands curled around Jimins wrists and jerked him sharply up and out of the seat before he even realized it. He cried out in pain and began struggling fitfully. "P-please-"

"Listen here you little brat" He yanked Jimin closer and spoke in his face with renewed venom. "Those bastards took someone from me and I will make them pay. You're going to help me or you will go back to that devil you call father." He snarled finally releasing Jimin only for him to stumble and fall back, his ribs smashing into the sharp side of the table before hitting the floor. The sharp crack of bone was heard and Zico seemed to snap out of his rage filled haze. He stared in shock as Jimin gasp and cradled his ribs.

The door suddenly flew open and Taeil rushed back in. He set the tray of steaming tea onto the table hurriedly, splashing some it over the edges onto the photos. "Hey! HEY!" He practically scream. "Lets just calm down here, ok?!" Zico growled in the back of his throat as Taeil managed wrapped his now freed hands around the tall detectives tense arms and pull as hard as he could. Zico went willingly, still in shock.

Taeil wrapped around Jimins waist, unaware of the pain in his ribs, and set him back on the cold metal chair. Jimin flinched when when Taeil grabbed his wrist gently and Taeil shushed him. He felt the metal around his wrists finally, thankfully, fall away. He rubbed at them and then wrapped his arms fully around himself still trying to catch his breath. He looked on in wary bewilderment as Taeil calmly sat in the chair previously vacated by Zico. Zico began to pace the room silently.

"Look.....Kid-" He cut himself off with a grimace. "Look Jimin..." He amended. "We aren't asking you to do anything dangerous or betray anyone." He sighed and rubbed his forehead as if to rub away a headache. "All we need is some eyes and ears in the house. If your friends are truely innocent, then no harm in doing it right?" He looked at Jimin imploringly. "All we ask is that if you see anything out of the ordinary, ya let us know."

Jimin blinked through blurry vision, adrenaline from Zicos attack wearing off. He felt the full weight of the pain hit him and felt the cold begin to seep back in reminding Jimin once again that he was still in wet clothes Taehyung had let him borrow hours before. God that felt like a lifetime ago.

He swallowed trying to focus and think of his options. "A-and if i do this? If i just tell you if i see anything unusual, will you leave my father out of this?"

Taeils face filled with confusion. "your fa-?" He started to question.

"You have my word." Zico finally spoke again, his pacing coming to a halt behind Taeil. "Is that a yes?"

Jimin sighed, starting to list to the side. Zico reached over to steady him and Jimin jerked back, regretting it instantly. "I give you information..." He panted. "You keep my name out of it and you leave me alone until I contact you. Deal?" Relief crossed Zico and Taeils face simultaneously.

"Deal."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK LISTEN! I LOVE ZICO AND TAEIL AND ALL OF BLOCK B!! But I needed someone to be mean and imposing and Zico just popped into my head...been watching too much of Show Me the Money i guess......