Part two

Soul swap

 

Donghae lost count of how many times he read the letter. The story Hyukjae wrote was unbelievable. Yet again, waking up in someone else’s body is not that common either!

And then there was the thing about Hyukjae having a crush on him for three years! How didn’t he notice? He didn’t even remember seeing the boy before! How hard was it for Hyukjae? He loved someone who has never noticed him, he was bullied in school, very badly according to the bruises and the scars, he didn’t have a father… and now he gave his body and probably his life to this crush of his!

Donghae pitied him. He couldn’t understand why Hyukjae would do that. He was planning to end his life too. How stupid of him! Donghae thought.

How could Hyukjae think of something that awful! What would his sister and mother feel! They lost a member of the family before!

“Stupid Hyukjae! Who told you I want your freaking body!” Donghae said as he finally decided to leave the park. “Now, where was his house again?”

It took Donghae almost two hours to finally find Hyukjae’s house.

Sora was surprised when she opened the door “Since when do you knock? Don’t you have a key?”

“Oh! Emm… I forgot it.” Donghae awkwardly answered.

“No wonder, you left in a hurry this morning, you didn’t even have breakfast” Hyukjae’s sister said as she let Donghae in “Let’s have dinner. We were waiting for you.”

The dinner was awkward for Donghae, he barely spoke a word. He only ate the food offered to him since he hadn’t eaten anything since he woke up.

Hyukjae’s family noticed the change in “Hyukjae”s behavior but they decided not to say anything, luckily for Donghae who headed upstairs right after he finished eating.

It was a long confusing day for the teenager, he sat on the bed examining his surroundings. The room was tidy and organized and put in its place.

Donghae sighed and was about to lay down when he noticed a notebook under the desk.

He retrieved it and went back to sit on the bed. He opened the notebook and read the content. He was surprised to find out that it was actually Hyukjae’s diaries.

He hesitated a bit but finally decided to read it.

25 September

It’s been a week since the school started. This year too I wasn’t in Donghae’s class L what a luck!

But hey! I saw him today… he was so handsome with his hair up and the folded sleeves! I think I fell a little deeper in love with him! If that was possible kekeke

Wookie told me that I should man up and actually confess! But everybody knows that I’m a coward!

 

30 September

I can’t write properly tonight!

Jihyung was angrier than usual today… the beating was more furious! I can barely move but I just need to write this; I TALKED TO DONGHAE! I was entering the canteen and he was getting out so he opened the door and held it FOR ME!  I thanked him and he said “Sure” !!!

I’m so happy!

 

2 October

I can’t take it anymore… My whole body hurts.

 

15 October

It’s Donghae’s birthday… I bought him a bracelet that I know he would never wear.

I wish you the happiest birthday Donghae

I love you.

 

29 October

The headmaster called me. He asked if I was okay… if anyone was bullying me.

He knows... He knows that Jihyung and his gang are kicking my every day. I don’t know why he wants me to “say it”. It is humiliating enough that I can’t stand for myself.

 

6 November

No wonder my father left! I am a loser!

The only thing that keeps me alive is the hope to see Donghae’s smile the next day.

How I wish I could talk to him.

 

19 November

I just love him too much..

 

26 December

How I hate this time of the year! It’s too cold and I can’t see him…

 

14 February

It’s been a while since I wrote anything here. I removed the cast yesterday. I can move my right arm freely now.

And it’s Valentine's day. Needless to say, I haven’t received any chocolates lol

I bought a bar of fine chocolate to give it to Donghae but ended up taking it home with me! Arghhhh! I’m a loser!

2 March

My world shuttered... I can’t believe this happened!

He doesn’t deserve this! How could this happen! I went to the hospital and his family was there. His mother broke down. I introduced myself as his friend… I wish I was… I wish I gave him that bar of chocolate and the bracelet…

 

5 April

I will believe the old lady … I will do anything if it meant that Donghae can wake up… I just love him too much..

I only have these pages to express the deepest of my feelings…

 

Donghae didn’t notice the tears staining his face until a drop fell on the notebook.

The words Hyukjae wrote were sincere, his feelings, his suffering, everything was real! And Donghae felt guilty for not noticing any of it!

He put the notebook aside and closed his eyes. Maybe if he falls asleep everything will go back to normal the next day!

He kept praying for that wish to happen as he slowly drifted to sleep.

 

It was sunset, Donghae was standing on the rooftop of the school. The spring breeze felt so soft and calming. It was Donghae’s favorite time of the year.

“You are here.”  Donghae turned to the source of the voice.

He was surprised to see Hyukjae standing few steps away “Hyukjae”

The other smiled “feels good to hear you call my name”

“You didn’t have to do this Hyukjae”

“I didn’t. but I wanted to”

“I’m sorry” Donghae said.

He approached him and to Hyukjae’s surprise a pair of arms surrounded him

“I’m sorry Hyukjae… I’m so sorry! I’ll make sure everything goes back to normal”

Hyukjae couldn’t stop the tears from falling. He hugged Donghae back sobbing

“I just love you so much”

“I know… I know.. shh.. it’s going to be okay. I promise”

It took Hyukjae a while before he calmed down. They were sitting on the edge of the roof. It was a dream so why sit normally when you can sit on the edge!

“Now.. how can we fix this?” Donghae asked.

“I don’t know… the lady didn’t mention anything about reversing the spell or something”

“How did it taste?”

“what? How did what taste?”

“The liquid you drank to swap souls?”

Hyukjae thought a bit before answering “ Now that you mention it.. it tasted like … water… normal water.”

Donghae was confused. Maybe the trick was not in the bottle the old lady gave to Hyukjae! But in the well the boy had!

Hyukjae wanted to help Donghae with all his might! He was ready to give him his life! And his love was pure enough to make his wish come true!

“Hey, Hyukjae… I think it’s going to work… I think tomorrow morning you will wake up in your room. And I will wake up in the hospital bed.” Donghae said smiling

“What? I don’t get it?” Hyukjae was still confused.

“Just visit me as soon as you open your eyes. I’ll whisper something in your ear when you come.”

Hyukjae didn’t get the chance to answer because as soon as Donghae said those words his alarm went off waking him up… in his room and on top of his bed.

He was confused, he run to the door not minding changing his clothes nor informing his sister when she asked him why was he running!

He kept running until he finally reached the hospital. When he entered Donghae’s room and found him lying motionlessly like he had been doing for the last month, Hyukjae was disappointed.

He approached Donghae and leaned his head near the other’s face.

“Didn’t you say that you’ll whisper something in my ear if I come the first thing in the morning?” Hyukjae was barely able to hold back his tears when a pair of soft lips touched his cheek.

The boy pulled away surprised. The tears he was holding finally went down when he saw a pair of soft brown eyes smiling at him.

“Oh my..”

“You are such a crybaby Hyukjae-ah!” Donghae hoarsely said “Just hug me.”

 Donghae didn’t need to say that twice for Hyukjae to embrace him tightly.

“I love you Donghae! I love you so much!”

“I know… and guess what?! I love you too…”

 

 

The end.