Chapter 2

service fault
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nayoung enters the university with a cap hiding most of her face - her eyebags are terrible and she's not about to let freshies see her look like one of the undead.

Walking towards the dance booth after a walk, she spots Chungha and some of her other batchmates waiting behind the booth. Trudging towards the booth, she lets out a big yawn.

"Wow, someone looks like she wrestled a bear last night. What'd you do that's got you looking like a zombie?" Chungha stands up and throws her arm over Nayoung's shoulder, bringing her to the back of the booth.

Nayoung lets out a yelp of pain and hits Chungha's arm away, "I did actually arm wrestle you yesterday, so same thing right?" Nayoung grins and Chungha playfully slaps her arm. 

"Besides, I also played with a Siyeon who was mad at some kid in her class so I totally overexerted myself yesterday," Nayoung shakes her head, "I wish that kid would stop trying to harm an old lady like me." 

"Get your head in the game, Im Nayoung," Chungha puffs her chest out and speaks in a deep voice, imitating the coach Nayoung so often complains about. 

Nayoung has to admit, Chungha was pretty spot on in her impression, though those words weren't usually directed to her.

"Park Siyeon," Nayoung corrects, "I'm too good a student to ever need to hear those words," she laughs, "Anyway. What time are the freshies coming again?"

"In about 5 minutes?" Chungha shrugs, walking back to the front, "I think they end their first introductory lectures then but it'll probably take some time for them to come round this booth," Chungha looks at the bright 'Anyone can dance' banner, a nod to the famous Ratatouille quote that their self-proclaimed publicist thought was a great idea. 

(Nayoung disapproves and finds it childish but no one can say no to Park Sooyoung's charms) 

Noticing Nayoung's look of disdain, Chungha has a sheepish laugh, "At least it's not exactly a lie...?" she offers. 

Nayoung raises an eyebrow and is about to retort when they hear the loud chatter from afar. 

"Guess they'll reach here in a bit," Chungha exclaims, causing a smile on Nayoung's face. She walks back to the back of the booth to start preparing.

Nayoung turns to glance at the crowd that was arriving and much to her surprise, two girls seem to be heading directly for their booth.

"It's that girl!!" Nayoung hears Momo exclaim behind her. Turning around, she sees basically everyone staring at the two girls walking towards them.

Nayoung leans toward Chungha, whispering, "Am I missing something?" 

"Do you remember me telling you about this really pretty girl with a guitar that visited our booth during open house?" 

Chungha could almost see the gears in Nayoung's brain trying their best to work. 

"Yeah... no. Not at all,

Please log in to read the full chapter