Crescendo

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
(Merriam Webster) Definition of crescendo plural crescendos also crescendoes or crescendi

\krə-ˈshen-dē\

1a :  a gradual increase a crescendo of excitement; specifically :  a gradual increase in volume of a musical passageb :  the peak of a gradual increase :  … complaints about stifling smog conditions reach a crescendo … — Down Beat 

Introducing: The Villa.

Property was purchased by Wanna-One Members a year after their debut. Serves as a hang-out place for Wanna-One Members and friends. Estate is located in a high-end gated subdivision where security and privacy is ensured.

 

...

Nu’est Dorm. 

"Hyung, he's not answering his phone." Daehwi complained to Jisung.  The poor boy has been trying to contact Seongwu for the past hour but unfortunately it’s to no avail.  Daehwi, Jisung, Woojin, Jaehwan and Seongwu agreed (in spite of Minhyun’s vehement opposition) to meet up at the Nu’est dorm and carpool to the Villa appointing Minhyun as the driver (again, to Minhyun’s displeasure) while Sungwoon volunteered to fetch Jihoon, Jinyoung, Seonho and Kuanlin at the airport.

Daehwi was growing impatient by the minute.  It also didn’t help that as he looked around it seemed like he was the only one who was distressed about Seongwu being late.  Minhyun was busy preparing food in the kitchen while Jaehwan sticks by his side trying to annoy and disturb him in the guise of helping him (the usual Jaehwan stuff).  Woojin, on the other hand, was busy playing in the sofa playing xbox so and it wouldn’t be a good idea to bother him this time.  The frustration on his face was evident as he dialed Seongwu’s number for the nth.

It was left on Jisung who was sitting in front of him in the dining table to pacify the annoyed Daehwi but unfortunately Jisung’s mind also seemed to be far away.  

You see on a normal circumstance, Jisung would have already noticed Daehwi and have appeased him moments ago.  He have always been very attentive to everyone, that’s one of the best qualities about him but today was a different day, Jisung had more important things in his mind right now.

“Yah, Jisung hyung. Were you even listening to me?”  The poor child nagged his Hyung.

The later did not answer.  He was just staring blankly ahead, as if in trance.  Daehwi noticed it and called for his hyung one more time.  “Hyung, are you listening?  What is wrong?  Are you okey?”  Suddenly forgetting his earlier predicament.

Jisung answered, his face still unreadable.  “My dog hasn’t been feeling well lately so Taewoong, Jaehan and Jinwoo decided to bring him along to Busan yesterday.  I worry for him, I should have been there for him.”

Daehwi’s anger for his Seongwu hyung was slowly disappearing as his concern for his Jisung hyung grew. “What’s there to worry about? I’m sure they’ll take care of him. You could have brought him along you know.  Maybe they can send them to the Villa…… Wait, him? I thought your dog is a girl?

Jisung suddenly snapped out from his daze and said.  “Dog? What dog?”

“What? I thought you said you were worried about your dog?” Confused Daehwi asked.

A hint of panic reflected in Jisung’s face but was immediately washed out and replaced with a forced smile “Oh, yes, yes, dog.  I have a male dog.  He wasn’t with me for a long time and now he’s back so we are still adjusting.  It’s just that my dog hasn’t been around the three for a very long time.  Which reminds me… I should better call them.”  Jisung hastily left the group and went out.

“Is it just me or Jisung hyung has been acting weird lately.”  Jaehwan spoke breaking the silence.  “Especially after he came back from his trip abroad.  Do you think it has something to do with…”  his last sentence got both of Minhyun and Daehwi’s attention. Jeahwan continued. “Do you thinking he met with - ”

“When has hyung ever been normal?  For all we know he was just worried for his dog.  You know how he worries a lot for everything.”  Park Woojin suddenly spoke interrupting Jaehwan’s train of thought. 

Jaehwan was about to respond but was interrupted again only this time by Minhyun.  “He has a point, you know.  Stop overthinking things, stop ANNOYING me and just, FOR THE LOVE OF EVERTHING THAT’S STILL BEAUTIFUL IN THIS WORLD, help me chop these carrots so we could at least eat first before we travel.” 

Jeahwan baring his evil smile faced Minhyun.  It seemed like the younger one got a new idea on how to piss the older one.  “Aigoo Hyung.  It’s just 2 in the afternoon.  We already ate lunch.  Stop using US as an excuse to prepare food for a “certain someone”.  That kid has a lot of fans giving him food, I’m sure that kid ate already…  It would hurt less if just admit it in yourself and give up already.  When was the last time he even visited you?  He doesn’t need you anymore.”

Minhyun smiled sweetly towards Jaehwan and said “Do you want to walk to the Villa tonight?  Just tell me.  Maybe you need fresh air.  We can use the space for luggage.” 

Jaehwan knew then that he can’t win this one, he surely would not like to walk.  “Ahhh, hyung, aren’t you being too touchy about this? Fine. I’ll stop.  Just don’t ever smile like that in front of me.  It’s scary.” Jaehwan laughed as he began to chopping the carrots.

While the two bickered in the kitchen, Woojin sighed heavily, appearing to be relieved by the fact that the topic has been changed.  Daehwi was the only one who could catch his reaction. 

“Maybe hyung was right.  Jisung hyung was indeed acting weird and he isn’t the only one.”  Daehwi muttered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter