Phone

Our Story. (EDITING)

You ran as fast as you could while holding two paper bags with an infinity sign imprinted in the middle. There were two guys who kept on following you, and you’re too freaked out to call out for some help. You looked at your back to see if they were still following you; to your luck you don’t see them anymore. You sighed and sat down on the nearest bench.

“Finally…AHHHHHHHHHHH! WHAT THE HELL!” you screamed when you felt a hand caught your wrist. “Ma’am, chill. I’m just here to return this to you.” He breathed out. You furrowed your eyebrows confused on why he called you so formally. You studied him for a while; he is wearing a black polo shirt with the same logo as the one on your paper bags.

“Here you go.” He handed your phone. You looked at it with wide eyes, and that’s when you realized everything. You forgot your phone in your family store and this guy you are running away from was just being helpful. “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry! I thought you were a lunatic who’s trying to kill me!” You fumed.

He chuckled, “Ma’am, no one’s going to kill you in this broad daylight.” Oh the nerve of this man! But, thanks to him you got your phone back, so you call it quits. “Whatever, but thanks anyway!!” You patted his shoulders and stood up. “No problem, just doing my job.” He smiled and added a mock salute. You laughed and nodded.  

 “What a way to start up my day. Haha” You told yourself. You weren’t this forgetful, but nowadays your mind is always preoccupied with a lot of things; things that involve your family in South Korea.

You were originally from Korea, but since your dad-a very powerful person-needed to start a new business in America, you guys had to move there for quite some time. Actually, you and your brothers were really not required to go, it’s just that there was this incident that pushed you to go with your parents; leaving your brothers alone in Korea.

10 years had passed, and the business that your dad started is finally successful. To be more specific, the store had a lot of branches around the world, and it’s very popular among young adults. The one that’s in New York was the store that you had unluckily left your phone.

You entered at your favorite café which was not that far away from the bench you were sitting at awhile ago. “Hi Rin, how are you today?” the bartender greeted you with a smile.

“I’m doing great, Sarah! You?”

“Same. Haha. The usual?”

“Yeah, but add some cinnamon roll with it!” You laughed.

“Will do, gonna call you when your order’s up!”

“Okay, thanks!”

You flopped on the couch, placed your paper bags on the side, and brought your phone out. You had 3 unread messages and 5 missed calls. Those 5 missed calls were all from your Mom, which is rare unless she had something in mind again.

So you called her once you got your orders. “Glad you finally called me up, Rinsoo.” Your mom said in the other line. “Hehe, sorry! Got caught up with something.” You sheeply replied.

“So, what’s up?” You added. You had the feeling that it’s about you returning back to Korea. You really don’t know why you had to return their because it’s your finally year in high school this incoming school year.

Though, you really missed your brothers so bad, like so so bad, you still thought that maybe they could still wait for another year until you finish high school. But, deep inside you knew that, that wasn’t really the case. You were just-until now- afraid to face that boy guy.

“Umm, you see, I told you that you’re going back to Korea right?” and that’s what you feared to hear the most. “Yeah I know, but Mom why couldn’t that wait ‘till I finish high school?!” You argued.

She sighed, “Rinsoo, I’ve said this before. Your dad wants you to be there in the first launching of our store in Korea. Plus, your brothers insisted you to be there also. Don’t you miss them?” You knew that they're just really busy to do it on their own, so why use the guilt trip on you? 

“I do. But-“

“Great. Your flight to Korea is tonight.” She happily cut you off. You spitted your coffee out.

“WHAT!?”



________________________________________________________
 

a/n: I'm not a native english speaker, so please forgive my errors.

Hey guys, made some major changes! Please take note of it! =) 
I finally had a nice story plot for this one. Hehe