The Beginning

Sejong Science High School

“Hyung…., It’s gonna be a really boring year without the others… Why do I have to go to school? They’re teaching things that we already know, it’s no use attending high school all over again hyung!” Sehun whined to the alpha.

“You know that we need to do this once in every few decades right? At least we’re in Korea this time so it shouldn’t be that hard right? Besides, Jongin will be going with you, so you won’t be alone. ” Joonmyun told the youngest.

“But hyung I want to at least attend college, not high school!” Sehun said.

“Who told you to lose the rock paper scissors game?” Baekhyun snickered.

“Well, the rock paper scissors won’t happen if you just admit your loss at the tangsuyuk* game hyung!” Sehun shouted back to Baekhyun who’s in the kitchen from the second floor.

“Stop with all the shouting please somebody’s trying to sleep here.” Jongin muttered sleepily from his bedroom.

“Are you not worried at all Kim Jongin sshi? This is high school that we’re talking about, the real hell on earth! And you can just tone down your hearing stupid.” Sehun sassed.

“Nah, I can just sleep during the lessons and a hunter never turns down its hearing maknae yah..” Jongin teased and Sehun is about to go up from the living room to beat him up if not for Suho who’s holding him back.

“Just please calm down and go! Who knows that you’ll maybe find your mate there. You guys are giving me extra gray hairs dammit.” Suho pleaded.

“Aish! As if that will happen.” Sehun sulked and went to his room.


It did happen. The sweet scent that unquestionably belongs to his mate fills his nose. He felt the crazy beating of his heart and his urge to claim his mate immediately. It was so intense that he almost broke Jongin’s arm that he was holding.

“What the hell dude, you’re going to break my arm idiot.” Jongin winced.

“I think I found my mate… Dammit, why does it have to be now!” Sehun said frustratedly. Sehun and Jongin are in the middle of the assembly. It is practically impossible to find the scent of his mate in the middle of these throngs of people.

“What! Seriously? Dude snap out of it, people are looking.” Jongin said worriedly. When Sehun managed to calm down little of the scent was left. He found himself longing for that scent again and he promises to find the owner today.


I have been going rogue since I left my parent’s pack. I chose to survive alone in this harsh world without a pack because I can’t fit in everywhere. Being an omega was hard, most of the pack treasures and treat them as a fragile glass that could break with the slightest touch. I guess I can say that I’m not really the omega that you will expect. I don’t want to be treated like a fragile china doll, I just want to experience what others are experiencing like school and such.

That’s the reason why I’m here. Sejong Science High School, it was hell trying to enter this school but I did it, this will be my first high school. I hope I can fit in and maybe make some friends.

Or not…. I can already see two boys entering the hall. They may look normal but years of experience told me otherwise. They’re wolves, and when there are two wolves, there must be a pack. Most of the pack don’t really take rogues in their territory well. This will be a hard year then I bet.

But then the wind picked up and I swear I smelled the sweetest scent that I’ve ever smelled in my life. It must belong to my mate. That means one of the two boys earlier is my mate. I panicked a little inside and decided to move away from them. Who in their right mind will accept a rogue omega as their mate?


After a full two hour of nothing but boring speeches, we finally get to know our class. The students pour out of the hall to search their own class, eager to meet their new classmates and friends. I was one of the last to come out, not really eager to go in case I bump into my mate. I know that I can’t avoid him forever but I’m just afraid of his reaction to me being a rogue.

I finally moved and search for my own classroom. Since it’s the first day, we won’t have any lesson and we’ll go home early after all the first-day business. That’s why I can already see students introducing themselves to each other inside the class through the window. My class somehow ended up being the last class on that hallway. I can already hear chatterings inside the class. I breathed a deep breath before opening the door.

I swear the time stopped when I opened the door. The first thing I see is the two boys in the front seat, they’re the same boys from earlier and one of them is my mate. What are the chances of meeting your mate in a school and be his classmate?

I entered the classroom and saw that the slightly paler boy turn his head sharply to me. He’s the one, my mate. I nervously take my seat beside my mate since all the other seats are occupied.

“Nice to meet you mate, who knows that we’ll meet here in school out of all places.” My mate said with a slight smirk. God, he’s so attractive even with the hideous uniform and messy hair.

“Uh… yeah, nice to meet you too…..” I dragged my sentence not knowing what to call him.

“I’m Oh Sehun but you can call me yours.” He said confidently. I was dumbfounded by his straight behavior and it must’ve shown on my face because he corrected it a second later.

“Joking… he’s my packmate Jongin.” He introduced the other boy who at some point realized my presence.

“Hi future sister in law!” Jongin said with a smile. I smiled back politely and introduced myself.

“We belong to the Exo pack, we just moved to Korea to start anew this year. Which pack are you from?” My mate asked. Oh God, they’re starting a new which in werewolf term means to die from your old life and live a new identity. That means that they’re lot older than me. Prepare for the rejection, he won’t really take it nice to know that I’m a rogue and basically still a pup. I hope that I won’t be hurt that much.

“Uhm... I’m a rogue omega and this is my first time attending high school.” I said while preparing myself for the rejection.

“Oh wow, never expected that but well…” Sehun was clearly shocked by what I just said but he doesn’t feel repulsed. At least it is not shown on his face. He was about to ask more question when our homeroom teacher come in and ask for our attention.

“Let’s talk again later, are you free after school?” He asked hurriedly.

“Yeah…..?” I said in a slightly confused manner, why is he not repulsed by me? But my attention was quickly diverted to the teacher who’s introducing himself and reading the school rules.

I deliberately prolonged my packing after class to see if Sehun is really serious with his earlier question. But he just said goodbye to his pack mate and stood there beside me waiting patiently for me to finish packing my stuff. When I was about to take the school books that were given earlier he quickly stepped in and carried my books along with his.

“Oh no Sehun sshi, I can carry it by myself.” I spoke.

“Nah, it’s okay, it must be heavy for you.” He said softly.

“I’m not like other omegas so I won’t expect you to do this for me Sehun sshi.” I said. I waited to see his reaction, hoping for the worst since most werewolves prefer the meek and fragile omega, but I saw that he was actually relieved to hear that.

“Oh thank God, I prayed for an omega that isn't so weak and dependent and He actually heard that.” He said with a hint of sassiness. We laughed together at his remark. In the end, he agreed to let me carry half of my books by myself. This whole being a mate thing with him might work.


*tangsuyuk game: a game that Sehun and Baekhyun did at the Kangta's starry night radio

for a reference:

watch here