Chapter 3

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

After being completely immersed in work, I decided to finally take a break. I had gotten through three-fourths of the paperwork I had in front of me so I more than deserved it. I gave a light tap to my phone at my side and I noted I had been working for almost 5 hours straight. No wonder my and wrists were sore as hell, I was hungry too. The muffins and coffee Miyeon had brought me earlier were long gone. I was not in the mood to go to the cafeteria, it was always too loud and full and by this time most of the decent dishes were gone.

 

I picked up my phone and called Miyeon, and once she picked up I simply said, “Food please,” and hung up before she could get a word in.

 

After a second thought, I also sent her a text:

 

on your card thank you

 

I gave a little snicker. I wasn’t a stingy person but I did love to , plus she hadn’t brought me the two blueberry muffins I had requested. Instead, I was stuck with the mocha coffee ones. They were delicious as well, but they were no blueberry. I wasn’t stingy but I was petty.

 

I decided to check my social media and look around on the internet while waiting for Miyeon to come back with my food. I also decided to step out of the office for a bit to see how my department was faring; most seemed to be working or pretend to be working after they heard my office door open and shut. I walked around a bit, making my presence fully known to everyone. I tried to catch the eye of some of them but all made sure to keep their eyes glued to their computer screens or documents. I didn’t say one word and nor did they, good they have respect because I’m sure they had been gossiping about my late arrival and Seunghyun’s appearance. I am more than 100% positive Yubin had been the one to start the gossip. That hated me with a passion. Any chance she could have to make a snide comment about me, she would run to seize the chance. She would at times forget where she stood, but I made sure to remind her, making her hate me even more.

 

After walking around the floor for a few more seconds I tapped away to my office, god I loved hearing the sound heels made on hardwood flooring. It made me feel like the important I was. I hadn’t been keeping exact track of time, but it seemed like more than 30 minutes have gone by. We had a lot of restaurants and fast food places nearby. There was no reason for her to be taking that long. I was going to text her she would have to pay for my breakfast and lunch for the next few days since she was taking so long, but before I could hit send I heard my door opening. My face immediately turned and saw Miyeon entering.

 

Finally. “Could you be any slower,” but before I could continue I saw a figure entering right behind her.

 

Choi Seunghyun in all his glory. He was tall, a head taller than Miyeon and she was on the taller side for a Korean female, and had a perfectly tailored black suit on. It made him all the more imposing. That explained Miyeon’s meek and timid manner of entering. I gave her a quick questioning glare and in response she mouthed I’m so sorry. She should be. A little warning text could have helped.

 

Seunghyun made sure to quietly shut the door behind him and stood still before locking his eyes with mine. There was a second of silence before he made way to me and gave me a quick 45-degree bow.

 

“Ms. Bae.”

 

I mimicked his actions, my bow being more half-assed, “Mr. Choi.”

 

Miyeon didn’t let another second pass before she gave a quick bow to both of us and scurried out of my office. Both our eyes followed her as she made quite the commotion in ting the door behind her; could she be any louder. I’d have to reprimand her for that later.

 

Seunghyun directed his eyes once more to mine and I gestured with my arm for him to sit on one of the chairs in front of my desk. I sat down in mine at the same time he seated himself and spoke up.

 

“What do owe the honor of your presence Mr. Choi.” Yes, I was up, he was an important figure in the company after all. Hopefully, he didn’t catch the sarcastic tone in my voice.

 

He kept on looking on me for a second before he responded, probably trying to figure out if I was serious or not. I should have toned it down. “I apologize for coming without notice, but I assumed your assistant mentioned that I came looking for you earlier.”

 

To throw her under the bus or not, I wasn’t that ty of a person. “ She might have mentioned it but I am overloaded with paperwork so it must have slipped my mind.” See I’m nice. “I apologize,” I added.

 

He got more comfortable in his seat and crossed his legs while giving my office a quick glance over. It was his first time in here, after all, never thought I would see him, out of all people, sitting in front of me.

 

“I should have called before coming but I didn’t know your extension. I was headed out for lunch when I encountered your assistant in the elevator.”

 

I see so that’s how this whole situation came to be, poor Miyeon. Poor thing was probably crying at her timing. She had such luck.

 

“Oh, I see.”

 

“I asked her if she was headed back to your office and she nodded. I then decided to accompany her as I have things to ask you,”

 

Things to ask me? Well seeing as he was being quite amiable, for him, shouldn’t be anything too bad.

 

“That might be,” I raised my left brow urging him to go on.

 

He raised his hand and light swiped at his brow. Must be a tic of his. He had nice brows, really nice brows.

 

“We are awaiting the documents concerning your department's finances for the 2nd quarter. Deadline is tomorrow and your department is the only who hasn’t submitted their require paperwork.”

 

Well . What paperwork. What deadline. I had no clue what he was talking about.

I didn’t say a word, and his blank face told me he was waiting for me to explain. When my silence dragged on for a few more seconds he spoke up again, “I’m assuming Minsung takes care of it?”

 

I nodded and quickly replied, “Yes.” The problem was Minsung was on a two-week leave. He made some ridiculous excuse he wanted to spend two weeks with his dying grandma. As if that lizard would care enough, I can assure you he was vacationing somewhere warm and beautiful with some plastic gold digger.

 

Seunghyun uncrossed his legs and slipped his phone from his pocket, “I’ve been trying to reach him but he doesn’t answer his office phone,” he tapped a bit on his phone, “or his personal phone.”

 

“I thought I could have the wrong number so I wanted to verify with you,” he explained.

 

I’m positive Minsung was purposely not answering any calls from work. Nonetheless, I picked up my own phone and read out loud every digit of his number. Once I finished Seunghyun gave me a quick nod. He had the correct number.

 

“He is on vacation,” he raised his brows as I muttered it out, “a two week leave. He had some personal matters to attend to,” I corrected, more like personal bull matters.

 

He looked at me thoughtfully, “I see.”

 

“Strange he wouldn’t finish up before he left or at a minimum inform you.” Not strange at all he is a piece of . I swear I would get him fired before the end of the year.

 

I gave a small exasperated sigh. I’m sure he would ask me to complete and turn in the sheets in Minsung’s stead. There was no other way, as second in command whatever he did not do would fall in my hands. Seunghyun’s nex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter