Smoke in the Dark

Black Sun

This week was our fall break. Youngbae went home for a few days. He was mad when I wouldnt go with him. I lied saying I had other plans with other friends but truthfully I needed some space. After the stake out it has be rather awkward at the house.One morning our hands grazed reaching for the coffe cup and I swear he jumped back ten feet, he put his head down and dashed towards his room. He got so mad when I told him I wasnt coming to his home for the break. I kept wondering why Jiyong keeps showing up around me every night. It wasnt like he was in my house. I would just see him out my window or one night I took the trash out he was standing on the roof of the building next door. Was he following me? Trying to protect me? Was what he said true he feels guilty for his past?

"Im gone for the next three days, take care of yourself"

"Im just going to the grocery store and staying home to rest and figure out my subject for our final paper."

"If anything, and I mean anything happens call me immediatley"

"I will, tell your folks I'm sorry"

"Im more sorry Im not dragging you with me"

I smiled the fakest smile

"I'll be fine"

Truthfully I was feeling a little under the weather. I had my brave face on for Bae. My head had being aching a lot recently. My whole body was sore. Youngbae gave me a hug before pulling his suitcase away and closing the door behind him. I made sure he was gone in the taxi before taking some medicine and laying back down. It was barely noon at least I could get some sleep before night fall. and Sleep I did.

I literally slept like the dead. no tossing or turning. no aches, no dreams. everything was just silence and darkness. I dont know how long I slept, I finally heard some noise. a voice. a voice calling out for me. my eyes sprang on my body wouldn't move. I felt confided restricted to my own bed

"Seungri?"

Was that Jiyong?"

"Seungri!"

I began to cough, feeling some heat, like I was losing oxygen.

"SEUNGRI!"

I heard my door to my room bust open. in all the dark I saw his red eyes.

"Seungri!"

"Jiyong?"

"You need to get up you apartment is on fire?"

"I cant move!"

"What?"

"Damn it "

Jiyong stared above my body

"It isnt his time let him go"

The loud screeching was killing my ears.

"LET HIM GO!"

Jiyong screamed, the wind picked up, smoke fliying, debri everywhere. He grabbed my body pulling with everything he had. He took the holy water from my neck, spalsh it on the ghost, gritting his on teeth as his hands burned touching the bottle.

'Jiyong?"

Finally I was able to move, my fever and sickness wasnt helping. Never in my life I had I been carried by a guy, out a window and never will I want it to happen again. jiyong floated us down to the ground. we watched as only my apartment was in flames.

'What the hell!"

"The ghost that was holding you down was killed the same way"

"Thats not my fault"

"Vegenance is cruel. once a ghost has becoming a haunting they cant see or care about who they hurt. you are a psychic you are connected to the dead, it's easier for them to possess you."

That was the last I heard. I passed out from the fever. I came to in a bed with black silk sheets. Tall black curtains covered the window, a small lamp at the bedside. I was definitley at a vampire's house. lair. coven. whatever you wanna call it. I was here. a human full of fresh blood. I was scared but knowing Jiyong was here to was rather comforting. The tall door to the room opened.

"Finally awake?"

"Yeah how did you know?"

"I could hear your heart rate slowing down"

"Is this your lair?"

He started laughing

"Its my house"

I felt kind of embarassed not knowing to much about vampires despite my best friend kills them. I felt anxious. nervous. my stomach felt queasy.

"How long was I asleep?"

"Two days"

"TWO DAYS! Youngbae is gonna be so pissed I didnt call to check in."

I saw his face flinch as I mentioned my hunter best friend.

"Are you hungry?"

"You have real food?"

" I drink blood but theres other ways I feed too. His eyes changed to blue I can take energy instead of blood. But no I do not eat regular food"

"I thought all vampire needed was blood"

"Normal vampires do, when I was still a freshling, I tried killing a witch and she told me could save me. she cursed me with double appetite. If blood is not available I can use my hand to drain bad energy from humans. It only satisfies my taste until I can get to blood."

My stomach growling loud interuppted his voice.

"Let's get you some food."

I followed behind him down a hall passing four bedroom doors, theres were some stairs. Tons of strange artwork different colors everywhere, Yet The place still felt so empty.

"How far is this place from my apartment"

"Sadly your apartment wasnt salvagable."

I stopped at the top of the stairs and thought about the last two years I had spent their with Youngbae. all the memories we had. the good and the bad. Youngbae didnt know where I was he would freak out.

"Do you have a phone?"

"Yes Seunghyun bought you a new one"

"Seunghyun?"

"He's my helper and yes he's human"

I sat down at a table, he had pulled the chair out for me.

"So why did you change your hair?"

"I didnt."

He took a deep sigh

"If I drain energy my hair changes to blonde for a few days, once I have blood it goes back black"

"It was black at my apartment"

"I may have gotten some of your energy as we flew away. I had used a lot of my strength on the ghost. It why you slept so long"

"Yet I feel so refreshed"

"I only take bad energy"

"You saved me it's the least I could do"

This tall black hair man walked out carrying several dishes of meat, rice, lettuce, and different sauces.

"This is Seunghyun, if you need anything you an ask him."

"The sun is up, and Im exhausted. You can try to leave but the spell on my house will mess with your mind and you will be lost in the fog."

"I get it I will be here when you get up"

He smile a very small smile but I noticed how he could almost look innocent. I shook off my feelings to devour the food in front of me. I wanted to check out his house and maybe I could get Seunghyun to show me, possibly tell me more about Jiyong.