Don't!

Take Care of My Girlfriend

 

Hello all, I'm so sorry for this super late update! I've been really busy with my school work! But now that the work load has been lightened, I decided to quickly do an update!!! I'm only about a month to graduation! So, please bear with me especially during my exam period! I'm not sure when I'll be able to update but I WILL DEFINITELY DO IT WHEN I CAN!!! THANK YOU FOR READING! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!! ^^

Sitting at the train station with a luggage next to him, Donghae was holding on his train ticket, wearing a green shirt with a black leather jacket that he had bought in Japan. Seeing as how he was playing with his train ticket, he must be alone.

“Where is that Soobin?”I hurriedly took out my phone while walking over to type a message to her.

“Lee Donghae!”Hyukjae oppa called out.

Donghae looked up and smiled at us before standing up. Hyukjae oppa didn’t say a word and was just staring at him intently.

“Hey, I know what you want to say. But…you can’t change my mind,”Donghae patted his arm.

“I know how passionate you are about the childcare centre. I wouldn’t have given you the money if I hadn’t known . Take care,”was what Hyukjae oppa merely said.

“Lee Hyukjae, what are you talking about?!”I hissed as I turned to glare at him.

“Haemin, don’t make it difficult for him. I’m sure your friends at his town weren’t so hard on you when you insisted on leaving,”Hyukjae oppa sighed.

He was right. Although they didn’t bear to part with me, they still let me go. It was unfair of me to try to make Donghae stay.

“I’ll come back for a visit. Or you two can come over. I’ll host you,”Donghae smiled at me.

“Let me know when you’re back, alright,”I nodded my head.

“I will. Don’t cry,”he chuckled.

I sniffed a little and Hyukjae oppa reached out to pull me closer, rubbing my arms in an attempt to console me.

“Soobin?”Donghae raised an eyebrow.

I looked up to find him staring at something behind me. I turned around to see Soobin walking awkwardly towards us. She looked at us before avoiding our gaze, coughing a little as she neared us.

“Are you really leaving?”she asked softly.

“Yeah, well, I bought the ticket…,”Donghae answered.

“Here,”she pushed a paper bag to him.

“What’s this?”he asked, looking into the bag.

“A lunchbox. You’ll probably go hungry on the train and I didn’t see you packing anything to eat earlier on,”she replied.

“Soobin…you…,”Donghae was at a loss for words.

“I know I was mean to you. This is a token, to show how sorry I am to you,”she bowed.

Donghae’s face lit up and he reached out to ruffle her hair.

“Thank you! I was never mad at you, really,”he grinned.

When she lifted up her head, my eyes widened on its own accord. Hyukjae oppa’s grip tightened on me and I can understand why. For the first time in years, my own best friend was tearing in front of me. Hyukjae oppa, having known Soobin since high school, was surprised since he never saw this side of her. He moved his hand to my back, pushing me a bit, hinting me to go over to pacify her since it was the first time he met with a tearing girl that wasn’t me. I was about to take a step however, Donghae was much faster. In one smooth movement, he reached out to pull Soobin gently into his embrace. I squeaked at the sudden skinship and turned my head to look at Hyukjae oppa.

“Let’s go, let’s go,”he whispered.

Slowly, we backtracked and disappeared quickly in a fast food chain. Trying to get a seat that was not visible from there yet being able to spy on them, we ended up at a small corner of the shop.

“Yah, what’s Donghae doing now?”Hyukjae oppa asked as he couldn’t really see.

“She’s still in his embrace,”I giggled.

“Aish, that idiot sure knows a thing or two about girls,”he smirked.

“Of course. He dated a few girls unlike you,”I replied smugly.

“Oh, are you trying to say that I should date other girls to know more about them?”he asked.

“There’s no need for you to do the same because you are different,”I said sternly.

“Why not? I’m a guy too,”he argued.

“Because you only have to know more about ME. I am and will be the only girl you’ve ever dated in your whole life,”I retorted.

“You sound as if you’re going to be Mrs Lee Hyukjae,”he replied.

“Hyukjae ah…we need to go now. They’re looking for us!”I shook his arm as I hurriedly grabbed my bag, pulling him along.

“Kim Haemin, it’s Hyukjae oppa!”

We left the fast food chain and began running towards them. Soobin’s eyes were still watery but she wasn’t tearing anymore. Donghae looked at her, before at me.

“Take care of Soobin, alright. I’m sure you’ll be fine with Hyukjae taking good care of you,”Donghae patted my head.

“Remember my words that night. I really can’t thank you enough,”Hyukjae oppa smiled.

“I’ll get going then,”Donghae gestured towards the train.

“Send my regards to Taeyeon and Sungmin!”I waved.

“Bye,”was all Soobin could manage.

Donghae gave her a small smile but the way he looked at her was…I don’t know....different? I shook my head to get the thought out of my head. Donghae’s back got smaller and smaller and soon, he disappeared from our line of vision. Letting out a sigh, I faced Soobin who was looking at the floor. Seeing as how she’s so out of form, Hyukjae oppa pulled me away. He dug into his jeans pocket and took out the key to his precious Audi.

“Why don’t you bring her out to cheer her up? If need be, stay over, understand?”he put the key in my hands.

“You’re letting me drive? Then, what about you?”I asked.

“It’ll be more comfortable for her in a car. I’ll take the subway back or something,”he smiled.

“You know how to take the public transportation?!”I gasped.

“Hey, that’s how I brought you out on dates. Stop giving me that look and hurry over. Your friend needs you,”he pushed me gently.

We went back and Soobin was sitting at where Donghae was seated. She was silent and Hyukjae oppa was getting all jittery. He didn’t know how to comfort her. To be honest, he is hopeless with girls. He only knew how to comfort me because he could reach out and wipe those tears away. He couldn’t do that to Soobin.

“Leave it to me. You go on home,”I waved him away.

“Okay,”he was almost relieved.

He took his leave and I sat next to Soobin. Her head was hung low with her long hair covering her face.

“I understand how you feel…,”but she cut me off.

“No, you don’t. Hyukjae and you were together when he dropped you off at Donghae’s house. Donghae and I aren’t in love. It’s just a one-sided thing…,”

I flinched a little when I saw how red her eyes were. Tears were streaming down her cheeks but that didn’t count for anything. The pain in her heart was worse.

“I thought I could watch him from afar since we were staying together. But now that he’s gone…, he’ll forget me. And I can’t even see him anymore,”she sobbed.

I thought of the days where I had been watching Hyukjae oppa in school. How my heart raced when he had turned his head and caught me looking. How when he smiled at his friends, it would bring a smile to my face. How I would purposely walk by the dance studio to see him dance. No matter what stupid facial expression he did as he exerted strength into his dance, I was happy for I could see how passionate he was about his talent. I was contented from watching him from afar. Seeing him was enough to make my day. That was how Soobin was feeling right now and I completely understand it.

“It’s just like how I was watching Hyukjae oppa back in high school…,”I tried to let her know that I felt her pain.

“No. You don’t know anything, do you? Your Hyukjae oppa had been watching you when you weren’t looking. I caught him many times. My senior who was in his clique talked about how he was gushing over you every day. He could never stop talking about you. Whereas Lee Donghae has never looked at me the way Hyukjae looks at you,”she concluded.

“Soobin ah…,”

“I’m not angry with you. I’m just…upset over myself. I wished that there was someone just like Hyukjae in my life. I want someone to love me like how he loves you. Haemin, the reason why I kept insisting that you get back together with him is because, you’re very lucky to have met a guy like him so early in life. He would go all in for you, Haemin. But there was never a guy who would do such a thing for me. I really really really like Donghae. But…he wouldn’t even look at me….I tried denying my feelings for him by being mean to him but it failed miserably. I fell even harder. I’m such an idiot, right?”Soobin looked into my eyes.

“If you are an idiot, wouldn’t I be a bigger idiot? Hyukjae oppa crushed my heart so many times and I still went back to him. This is what love is, silly. You can’t control your feelings. You just…love him,”I replied.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel