The Tears That Accompanies My Smile

Take Care of My Girlfriend

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! MAY YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL 2013 AHEAD! LIKE I SAID, THIS WILL BE THE CHAPTER THAT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SO JUST RELAX AND READ ON ^^ THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT ^^

Watching my facial expression, Donghae began chuckling and soon, it turned into a full on laughing session for him. I was terribly confused, wondering why he was laughing so hard. As if he could read my thoughts, he tried his hardest to calm down, coughing a little to get his composure back.

“As a friend, Haemin. Relax,”he patted my back as he chuckled somemore.

“Eh?”I raised an eyebrow.

“I know what you’re thinking. I confessed to you the other day, right? Well, I got thinking and I realised this feelings in me were not what I think it was. It was more of admiration and not love. Love is much more than what I am feeling for you right now,”he admitted.

“Then what’s with the date and everything?”I asked.

“I was just fooling around. Hyukjae told me about how you lost your job when we were talking last night so I figured you’ll be upset. I thought I’ll bring you out to play to cheer you up,”he grinned.

“Speaking of that, what did you two talk about last night?”I asked.

“Why do you want to know?”Donghae asked cheekily.

“Stop giving me that look and tell me!”I pinched his cheeks.

“OUCH! Let go! You fool! If you really want to know, why don’t you ask Hyukjae? He’s just there,”Donghae pointed to a car opposite the street.

My eyes widened as I saw Hyukjae oppa’s black car parked opposite, he was leaning against it with his back facing us. His head was hung low but I could tell it was him with that shoulder of his.

“Why is he there?”I glanced at Donghae.

“He’ll tell you. Let’s go,”he pulled me up and we ran across the street.

Hearing our canvas sneakers on the gravel, Hyukjae oppa lifted up his head and turned around just in time.

“Hey buddy, here’s your girl just like how I promised last night. Have fun!”Donghae winked before jogging a little to get a taxi.

We watched a taxi stop for him and he gave us another wink before getting inside. He waved enthusiastically from inside the taxi and I waved back till the taxi was out of sight. I sighed a little before shoving my hands into my jeans pocket. Turning around, I came face to face with Hyukjae oppa who was dressed in a checkered shirt over his skinny jeans and canvas sneakers.

“Ready to go, baby?”he asked as he opened the car door for me.

I gave him a small smile before getting in. Hyukjae oppa started the engine and sped off. However, I was unfamiliar with where we were going.

“What’s going on?”I asked.

“We had a talk last night and both of us sorted out some things. So, we’re now back to being best friends,”he smiled.

“But what’s with all this?”I raised an eyebrow.

“You’ll know later on. We’ll continue later at the venue,”he glanced at me, giving me a wink.

“Geez, you two are so secretive,”I whined a bit.

“Surprises are good. Learn to enjoy it,”he laughed.

When he parked his car, I looked around, trying to figure out our location. But I only saw a short white house. I got out slowly and I continued looking around.

“Here,”Hyukjae oppa grabbed my hand, pulling me to a space between two trees.

Nearing the opening, my eyes widened on its own accord. This place is a yacht club! Hyukjae oppa turned his head, grinning at my reaction. He pulled me towards the wooden pier, guiding me down towards one of the yacht that was waiting right at the end. Following him, I gripped onto his hand tightly, for fear of falling.

“Is this yours?”I asked, timidly after getting in.

“Uh huh. I just bought it and I’ve been wanting to show you,”he sat me down inside.

“When did get your license?”I asked, unhappy that he had time to go learn how to drive this thing than going out with me before we broke up.

“I didn’t. That’s where the staff of the club comes in,”he replied.

He went into the pantry and disappeared. I lied on the seat to try to see him but I couldn’t. Standing up, I went to look for him since I didn’t like being alone in an unfamiliar place.

“Hyukjae oppa,”I called out as I stepped in.

His back was facing me and I stood near him to see what he was doing.

“Yah, you’re not supposed to be here,”he tried to block my view.

“Why!”I exclaimed.

“You’ll ruin the surprise!”his voice had a tinge of worry in it.

“But I don’t want to be alone,”I pulled at his sleeve.

“Okay, okay, cover your eyes then and follow behind my back. Don’t peek!”he used his hands to push me gently behind his back.

We stood back to back and I let my head rest on his toned shoulders. I closed my eyes and I knew for a fact that I lost the war. My heart won. I want to be back with him. But it’s not like I’m unhappy with my decision. I feel so at home right now that I did not want this moment to end. However, it was short-lived for Hyukjae oppa moved a bit.

“I’m done. Let’s head back inside,”he spoke up.

I followed behind without trying to ruin his surprise. When we finally settled down, I gasped. There were two lunchboxes, one blue and one pink. He had specially prepared them himself. There was rice with vegetables and my favourite beef with onions. There was a fried egg on top.

“Shall we?”he gave me a pair of chopsticks with a spoon.

“I’ll eat well,”I tucked in.

“Is it okay?”he asked.

“Anything you cook will be fine, don’t worry,”I smiled.

Seeing that, he smiled back. After eating, I tried to help pack but he refused to let me so I merely followed him around again which he liked. A lot.

“Sit there,”he pointed towards the seat again.

“What again?”I crossed my arms as I went to sit.

Hyukjae oppa only grinned cheekily before taking a few steps back into the pantry and disappearing once again.

“YAH!”I was all ready to charge in.

“WAIT! DON’T COME. PLEASE! I’LL TALK TO YOU FROM HERE. WAIT A BIT, PLEASE,”he shouted from inside.

“I don’t like being alone here, babe,”I tried to peek.

“I’m coming out soon. Sit there, please! I’ll keep you company with my voice. Go sit there please,”he poked his head out, almost pleading me.

Reluctantly, I sat back down and his head vanished.

“What are you doing, seriously?”I asked, getting a little irritated at being left alone.

But there was no answer.

“Lee Hyukjae!”I shouted.

“Erm,”he replied, distractedly.

I rolled my eyes and decided to just lie down while I wait. The sound of a piano being played made me sit up and I turned to see Hyukjae oppa with a hat on his head, posing once again. Then, I knew he was about to start dancing again. One thing I found out about Hyukjae oppa was that, dancing is how he conveys his words. It was not only the lyrics of the song that he was dancing to, it was how he portrayed his emotions into his moves.

[Damn I want my baby back
It's so cold without her
Cold without her
She's gone
Now I'm alone, no one to hold on
Cause she was the only one
And I know I was dead wrong
But if you youuuu
If youuu
See her sooonn
Ask her will she forgive me

If you ever see her
If you ever meet her
If you ever get a chance to sit down, talk to her
Then tell her it's so cold
It's so cold, it's so cold
Here without her
And tell her I miss her
Tell her I need her
Tell her I want her
I really want her to come back home, back to keep me warm
Tell her I'm sorry, I'm really sorry
Can you forgive me?
Please forgive me and come back home, keep me safe and warm]

I tried to blink back my tears but it made matters worse as a tear slipped. The song came to an end and he looked at me with equally watery eyes.  Coming towards me, he reached out for my hands and held them tightly.

“Haemin, I’m so sorry for what I’ve done. I’m willing to make up for everything. Please forgive me,”he pleaded.

“I can never stay angry with you, silly,”I wanted to let my head fall but he cupped my face, wiping away the tears.

“Baby, let’s get back together. I know we can make it work. We’ve been together for so long; you should know my feelings for you are real by now. Those days that we were apart have been terrible for me and I’m sure it has been for you as well. Seeing you so miserable those past few weeks, I was so heartbroken. Let me take care of you. I’ll mend your heart and love you even more than before. Don’t push me away anymore, please,”

I closed my eyes tightly as I nodded my head. Hearing Hyukjae oppa let out a sigh of relief, I opened my eyes to look at the man I love so much. I buried my head in his shoulders as I began to cry my heart out. Though I was sobbing, I felt like the happiest woman alive. This is home. In the embrace of Lee Hyukjae with his arms on my waist, my arms round his neck, his cheek leaning on my head…

End of Chapter

DarkAngel

Lyrics Credit to: Chris Brown's So Cold