blue.

breaking up series

warning: Seunghyun is emotionally abusive in this chapter. 

 

 

Seunghyun walked into his and Jiyongs condo with a long sigh, rubbing his eyes before he plopped onto his sofa just trying to relax before Jiyong realized he was home. 

 

He was so sick of the orange haired man. It's not that Jiyong wasn't kind, affectionate, tentative...it's that he was all those things. To the extreme. He was a major clinger and constantly wanted Seunghyuns praise or approval. He insisted on staying home every day to make sure the home was spotless, their affairs were in order, and therewas a homemade meal waiting when Seunghyun arrived. This was just so annoying to the 24 year old, he hated the way Jiyong was so happy to take on the weak and submissive housewife roll. Sure, the was amazing, but was it worth it?

 

"Tabi! You're home, why didn't you tell me!" Jiyong straight away, hugged his boyfriend from behind and gave him a loving kiss. "I missed you all day baby. You didn't answer my texts, I wanted to see how you were. Also, I organized our closet! You should see-" 

 

"Jiyong could you be quiet? I just got off work." 

 

The younger, shut up immediately and nodded as he slunk away. "Yeah. Sorry babe.." he answered quietly, trying not to be annoying. "Dinner is ready when you are, I-just let me know and I will serve you." He insisted, going into the kitchen to sit and wait with his dinner for Seunghyun to come eat. 

 

The older man sighed, going to eat with Jiyong meant sitting and talking to the 20 year old and that just sounded terrible. 

 

With that in mind, he got up and trudged to the stairs that led to their shared bedroom. "Not hungry, just go ahead and throw it out." He insisted as he walked by Jiyong who deflated at that. He'd worked so hard on the dinner for it to just be rejected. 

The orange haired man sighed and looked down, feeling disappointed in himself as he got up to clean his mess not bothering to eat. He hated how Seunghyun never complemented his meals or the tasks he did anymore. Lately it's just been so much worse. The older man doesn't even pretend to be proud of him or happy for him, he just grunts or tells him to shut up. 

 

Once Jiyong cleaned the whole kitchen, saving a plate of the dinner just in case Seunghyun got hungry, he went to their room where his boyfriend was already in bed. 

 

The younger went to change, smiling softly in admiration to Seunghyuns beauty before he climbed into bed. "Goodnight baby," he said slipping an arm around his partner. "I love you.." he bit his lip, his heart cracking slightly as Seunghyun just nudged his arm off him in response telling him goodnight. 

 

Jiyong swallowed and closed his eyes, vowing to try harder until his boyfriend was happy with him again. 

 

~

 

The next few weeks were practically hell for Seunghyun. Jiyong was constantly asking his approval and if he liked this or that. 

 

"Tabi I rearranged the furniture. It took me all day. Do you like it?" 

 

"Baby, I made your favorite!"

 

"Seungyunnie I got us tickets to the art gala in town! It will be so much fun!"  

 

It wasn't bad stuff, the other obviously wasn't trying to do any harm but he was just so damn annoying. 

 

And then he's constantly texting Seunghyun, the older just put his boyfriend on do not disturb while he was at work deciding that was what was for the best. 

 

When he got home, he noticed things were different. Almost all of his paintings were moved around and not the same. "What in the hell.." he grumbled as he looked around, trying to find all the pieces he'd hand picked specifically for their meaning. "Jiyong!" He called, the orange haired rushing to him excitedly when he heard his voice. 

 

"You're home! Well? Do you love it?? Also, I made your favorite for dinner again!"

 

"What the hell is this? Where are all my paintings?!"

 

Jiyong frowned, closing in on himself slightly as he realized that Seunghyun was angry with him. "I-i got you new ones, I picked them out myself, I thought you'd like them-" he explained weakly. 

 

"Why would you do that! I chose the paintings I had up for a reason! I don't want just some ty random art that you think is decent enough for my walls!" Seunghyun snapped, making his boyfriend tear up immediately. 

 

"I thought you would like them, they were really expensive, I can-I can take them back...your old paintings are just put away we can just put them back," Jiyong insisted, trying to keep a brave face while his heart was breaking. 

"Why would you-god you are so annoying! This is exactly why I've been pushing away because you do stupid like this and then you get upset at me for not being happy about it," Seunghyun snapped as he paced angrily, not even knowing why he was so pissed off. Jiyong hung his head as his boyfriend ranted, crossings his arms over his chest as he kept his eye contact with the floor; feeling pathetic. He hated how disappointed his boyfriend constantly was with him, he was just doing his best to keep Seunghyun happy so he wouldn't break up with him. 

 

"I-I tried texting you to see which you liked but you ignored me. I'm sorry, I'll put everything back the way it was. You just go eat and relax okay baby? I'll fix it." The younger male told Seunghyun gently and rubbed a hand on his lower back, calming him. "Fine.." the brunette grumbled and went to the kitchen, sitting to eat-alone. 

 

Jiyong sighed out shakily and got to work, getting down all the large paintings he'd bought for Seunghyun with the credit cards his dad gave him. He nearly maxed them all out. He just sighed, realizing he could return the paintings and get his dads money back. "It's okay, he loves you. He wants you around. He would've left you by now if he didn't love you." The 20 year old thought to himself, terrified of losing Seunghyun. They'd been together 2 years already and the older man was his first. He couldn't bare the though of losing the love of his life who hardly seemed interested anymore. 

 

By the time Jiyong had finished putting everything back where it belonged, it was almost 2 am. He sighed softly and went to bed, keeping his distance from his boyfriend. 

 

 

Jiyong frowned as he felt how cold the bed was, knowing that Seunghyun didn't work weekends. So why was the bed cold in his spot? 

He quickly opened his eyes and looked around, seeing the room was empty. "What the heck," he sighed, getting up to look for his love. "Tabi? You up?" He called, yet to find out that Seunghyuns drawers and side of the closet were cleaned out. 

 

"Baby??" 

 

Jiyong reached the downstairs, finding a rose on the table which made him smile. He happily picked it up and have it a sniff before he looked at the card that was laying under it. What was written broke his heart into a million pieces, he felt like his heart stopped beating, no words could comfort him, his heart was dyed blue

"No, please no," the orange haired man sobbed, running up to check their room finding it empty like he'd feared in his worst nightmares. He couldn't believe it, after all he did to make the older man happy, Seunghyun had left him. And couldn't even do it to his face. 

 

im sorry. i can't do it anymore.  

 

Seven words scribbled onto a tiny card was all that Seunghyun thought Jiyong was worth, which hurt the most. He didn't even care to tell him in person or to give him a chance to change. The younger thought he was doing well, he thought that doing everything he'd done For Seunghyun was what everyone did. He loved his boyfriend more than anything. 

He would do anything for Seunghyun, even die for him. 

 

He was born and he met Seunghyun. 

 

Without Seunghyun, he was nothing. 

 

He was blue