stay with me

breaking up series

"Up so soon?"

 

Seunghyun looked over to see Jiyong sitting in bed, ruffling his black hair from his face. 

 

"Yeah. Wanted to get to work early."

 

"You always go in early now. Why don't you stay? I can make you breakfast." Jiyong insisted, hating that his fiancé always insisted on being away from him nowadays. They'd been together for 6 years, lived together for 4 of them and have been having a rough patch for about 7 months now. Every since Seunghyun got promoted and was away more often, a wedge began to dig between the two. It was like the older man he no interest in the man he'd once been crazy for. 

Their night were no longer filled with gentle touches and loving embraces. They now ended in arguments about how Jiyong made too little money and that Seunghyun was sick of having to pay all the bills and work extra hard for the two to live comfortably. It was depressing. 

 

"I'll be back tonight. I'll probably be late again." Seunghyun answered, rejecting the offer for breakfast. 

 

"Okay..well. Text me when you have time then." 

 

Jiyong frowned as his fiancé left the room, sighing shakily. He hated to be a cry baby, but it was hard not to feel heartbroken when the man he loved didn't even want to be around him anymore. 

 

 Seunghyun rolled over in bed, smiling as he was face to face with Jiyong who's been away for a little while. 

"How long have you been up?"

 

"Maybe ten minutes. I didn't want to bug you.." 

 

"You'd never bug me baby, how could someone so gorgeous and sweet ever bug me, huh?" The older replied, slipping his arms around Jiyongs waist to pull him closer. 

 

"Stop," Jiyong giggled slightly and gave him a kiss, cupping his cheek slightly. 

 

"You know I love you right..?"

 

The brunette smiled, nodding. "I love you too tabi." 

 

 

Jiyong sighed at the memory and got up to go make himself breakfast, hating how it all went wrong. Suddenly Seunghyun was just so angry with him all the time and never wanted to be with him. It hurt. 

 

 

"Baby you're home early, I just got off. I was just going to order out for dinner." Jiyong had finished his work as a receptionist at a fancy modeling agency in Seoul, a job that paid okay but definitely nowhere near as much as Seunghyuns- not to mention the fact it was only 4 days a week part time. 

 

"You hardly work and yet you're still too lazy to make dinner?" 

 

Jiyong was shocked by the sharpness in his fiancés tone as he'd never said anything like that before. 

 

"What?"

 

"I said why are you so lazy? You sit around at your little desk on your phone all day and you cant even come home to make me a decent meal? After I've actually worked all day to make your lifestyle possible??"

 

"I-I'm sorry..but I work just as hard as you when I do go to work. I may not make as much but-" 

 

"Don't make me laugh Jiyong! Your pathetic little job can be done by a monkey. Don't flatter yourself." 

 

Jiyong blinked, having never known Seunghyun thought this way. 

"Why are you being so hurtful? Did you have a bad day?" He asked quietly, on the verge of tears. 

 

Seunghyun huffed and grabbed his coat again, muttering about how bothersome it was to be around Jiyong as he left again. 

 

 

Jiyong blinked back tears as he thought about the first night he noticed the change in Seunghyun. He shook the thoughts away, going around the house to make sure it was clean so he could do as he pleased. He hated that this was routine, to make sure everything was done and perfect just so his own fiancé wouldn't come home and make him feel like absolute if it wasn't. 

 

He sighed out shakily as he sat down on the couch for hot chocolate, watching the news while he contemplated his life. He didn't know where he went wrong and why Seunghyun didn't want him anymore. 

Jiyong was sure that his fiancé was cheating on him, he came home late often and was always away on trips, and money in their bank account always just disappeared from large purchases. 

 

Just as Jiyong was about to cry again, there was a call on their house phone and the twenty three year old got up to answer it. 

 

"Kwon-Choi residence," 

 

"Ah Jiyong, is Seunghyun-ah home?"

 

"Hey Seungri. No he just left for work. What's up?"

 

"I just wanted to confirm you guys coming to the art gallery tonight." 

 

Jiyong grinned at their friends words, they hadn't done something like this in so long. It must be a surprise as the raven haired had no clue of it. 

"Art gallery?"

 

"Yeah Seunghyun hyung and his plus one are on the list. Weird they didnt put your name though, everyone knows you two have been together for like-ever." 

 

Jiyong bit his lip, worry filling his mind. Maybe it wasn't a surprise. Maybe he wasn't invited on purpose. "Yeah, must've been someone new...what time is the gallery at again?"

 

"6 sharp. Don't be late, I know how you love to make an entrance." Seungri teased innocently. 

 

"Ha, yeah I'll see you tonight." Jiyong hung up the phone and frowned, trying to stay positive as he went up stairs to pick out an outfit he'd wear. Obviously Seunghyun had to come home to change, ji could ask him then. Corner him into inviting him. Good idea. 

 

 Jiyong smiled as he unpacked the last of their things, tucking away their clothes into their new dresser happily while Seunghyun had gone out a while ago for a couple house decorations. 

 

"Honey, im home!"

 

Jiyong smiled, going to the stairs to see Seunghyun there holding a bag behind his back. "What is that?" 

 

"Just a little something I saw when I was passing the outlets.." 

 

"Well can I see it?"

 

"I'm not sure if you can. But you may."

 

The younger laughed and smacked his boyfriends chest playfully, giving him a kiss while taking the bag over to the couch to open up his present. 

 

Seunghyun smiled and sat down as he watched his boyfriend pull out the gorgeous Chanel oversized white sweater. "I saw it and couldn't stop imagining you in it. It's perfect for you." 

 

"It's amazing..I-its too much baby-"

 

"Shush. Nothing is too much for you. Nothing," the older moved to slip his arms around Jiyong and give him a loving kiss. 

"I love it..and I love you too. So much."

 

"I love you too Ji baby." 

 

Jiyong woke up-still dressed up in the outfit he'd planned to wear to the gallery- to Seunghyun slamming the door shut and stumbling inside. It was past 1 am. Had he fallen asleep waiting for his fiancé to come home? 

"Seunghyun?" The 23 year old got up, taking off the expensive sweater before he went to help said man up freezing when he saw a girl helping him around. 

 

"Oh-I didn't know he had a roommate, he's really drunk. Can you help us to his room?"

 

"I'm not his roommate. I'm his fiancé, I can get him to bed just fine." Jiyong snapped, keeping his composure as he stomped down to help Seunghyun upstairs- the older being completely out of it. 

The girl looked surprised by the news but didn't push, she simply shook her head and huffed before she was out of the house pissed off that she'd been lied to. 

 

"Yah why'd you make her leave, I wanted to get laid!" 

 

Jiyong nearly broke into tears at his fiances whine, biting his lip. "Just go to sleep Seunghyun. You're drunk.." he told him, leading him to their bedroom to lay him in bed. 

The 26 year old struggled at first but gave in as soon as he hit the bed, passing out. He was definitely going to feel it in the morning. 

 

The night was cool. A gentle breeze dusted the air while Seunghyun forced Jiyong on a walk downtown, insisting they needed to take a break from their excessive cuddling. 

 

 

"Ah it's getting cold baby, can't we just go back and make hot chocolate and watch funny movies?" 

 

"Quit your whining before I change my mind," Seunghyun teased, stopping Jiyong in the middle of the strip where the most people where. The younger rolled his eyes playfully and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. "Change your mind about what? How much you love me?" He grinned playfully, blushing as people were looking at them. 

 

He was busy looking around noticing more people stopping to look while Seunghyun slipped away. 

 

"Baby why is everyone st-" Jiyong stopped talking when he looked down, seeing the other on one knee staring up at him. "Tabi what are you doing??" 

 

Jiyong was totally caught off guard, he had no idea this was being planned nor that it was being recorded from afar by Youngbae who'd gladly agreed to help. Seunghyun was really good with secrets, he didn't let anything slip once so this was literally a complete surprise. 

 

"We've been together 5 years Jiyong, we have a beautiful home together. I love you more than anything. I know a wedding or anything like that is far into our future but also know that I see us together forever. So, without further ado..Kwon Jiyong, as bad as I am at speeches, will you spend the rest of your life with me and I promise to do the same?"

 

Jiyong blinked, staring at the gorgeous ring before he quickly nodded. "Yes! Oh my gosh yes!" He chirped, letting his boyfriend put the ring onto his finger. "God I love you."

 

"I love you too Ji, I'll love you forever.

 

Jiyong sniffled as he curled up in the guest bed after he'd taken his engagement ring off and left it on the bedside table. 

He was a wreck, the conformation that Seunghyun was cheating on him hurt too much to bare. He couldn't help but sob onto his pillow, vowing he would not allow himself to be heartbroken anymore. 

 

With that, he got up and packed all the things he'd ever bought that would fit into his suitcase before he left. If Seunghyun didn't want him, he didn't have to have him. 

 

The only thing Jiyong left behind for his ex-fiancé were all the gifts he'd given Ji, his ring, and a short note. 

 

for worse or for better, just stay with me forever. right? -a fool