chap 5

Dream Walker

"Isn't Cheolyong who is supposed to be here today?"

          GO jolted up at the voice creeping behind him, turning his head so fast he almost got a whiplash. "Doojoon! Gosh, you surprised me."

          Doojoon looked just as surprised at GO's sudden movement and his hand was still grabbing his own chest. "You surprised me, hyung." He chuckled nervously.

          GO laughed, patting Doojoon's back. "Sorry, I was just thinking."

          Doojoon raised one brow. "That couldn't be good." He deduced after observing the subtle concern inside GO's eyes. "Or… Is it bothering you that Sanghyun will be here too?"

          "It isn't." GO admitted. "I might look like this but I'm professional."

          "Then?"

          "It's Cheolyong." GO exhaled a heavy sigh.

          "Which brings me back to my question earlier. Why are you here instead of Cheolyong?" Doojoon asked, already taking a seat next to GO. "He is supposed to be the DJ for tonight radio broadcast."

          GO leaned back on his seat. Mir was supposed to be radio DJ guest host for tonight and since this is Mir's first schedule after the accident, GO had went out of his way to pick Mir up just as him and Seungho had agreed on, never to allow Mir to drive on his own.

          However, what he met in Mir's dorm wasn't the usual happy Mir ready to start the job but an exhausted body weakly lying on the sofa, sleeping there. He had touched Mir's skin, expecting that maybe the maknae had caught himself a nasty flu or something for looking so sick but no, it was just exhaustion or that was what the maknae trying to make him believe. Seeing how Mir barely had it in him to answer his question, GO simply gave up and came here to replace Mir.

          "Nothing." GO found himself answering with a fake smile. He had been used to the world of only them three, of only Seungho, Mir and him that he didn't feel all comfortable to share anything to anyone else. Not even his own family.

          "Hyung, you can talk if you want. I'm a good listener." Doojoon firmly grabbed on GO's shoulder as his eyes radiated kindness and warmth.

          A thing that couldn't reach GO on the other side of the world where he could only trust outsider just as much. He trusted Joon and Thunder before and looked where it brought him once. In a deepest dark hole where everything seemed hopeless where everyone seemed like a liar. And only two person able to reach down inside that hole and pulled him out. They were Seungho and Mir.

          It was like that then, and will always be like that.

          GO shook away his long trance when the door inside the radio booth opened and walked in Thunder with his sweet smiles and model-like walk.

          "Hello, hyung." Thunder came into the booth and greeted GO first although he was a bit curious why GO was here instead of Cheolyong. But of course he was ignored. He turned to Doojoon. "Hi, hyung."

          "Anyeon!" Doojoon raised his hand with a cool lopsided smile. "How are you doing?"

          "Good."

          "Take a seat." Doojoon offered but as soon as Thunder sat next to GO, the older man make a move to stand up but Doojoon stopped him by grabbing his arm. "Hyung. You said you are professional. So be one." Doojoon warned, there was no trace of smile or joke inside his eyes. He was dead serious.

          GO blinked at Doojoon. It was the first the younger man ever spoken so sternly towards him and somehow it made GO shrunk back and felt younger than this man. Almost made he felt like he was facing Seungho. No wonder both of these men were the leader of their group. They have the same aura and similar glint in their eyes.

          "We'll be on air in five." One of the radio crew announced and as Doojoon had advice, GO stuck to his spot and just bear the hours he spent sitting next to Thunder, pretending everything was alright between them.

          Pretending to be friends again.

         

************

 

Seungho invited himself into Mir's house after ringing the bell a few times. Why did he even bother ringing the bell in the first place anyway?

          Stepping into the living space of Mir, he looked around carefully. It was quite dark inside the room despite the sun was still up in the sky. "This kid really." Seungho grumbled, marching towards the window and pulling open the curtain, feeling a sense of calmness as the room brightened up from the sunray. He was about to head towards Mir's room when a text came in.

From GO :

Have you checked on Cheolyong?

          "And this kid another one. I'm doing it…" Seungho commented while typing a reply.

From Seungho :

I'm here. Stop being such a worrywart. Okay,Cheolyongie's omma?

From GO :

That's precious coming from you. Let's see if you're not going to get as worried as me when you see him, Cheolyongie's appa. But seriously, make sure he's fine or I can't relax.

          Seungho tilted his head on his side, frowning a bit and finally went into Mir's room. Again, it was just as dark in here. He saw the shadow of lump under a blanket and went to pull open the curtain in the room.

          "Cheolyong, wake up. Hyung is here." Seungho flopped down on the bed, bouncing once and patted on Mir's thigh. He saw the lump shifting before a pair of puppy eyes peeking from under the blanket.

          "What time is it?" Mir asked groggily, eyes barely opening.

          "Twelve. Come on. It's not good to sleep until late like this." Seungho patted playfully on Mir's , pulling the blanket off of the child-like maknae. "Come on, get up maknae. Take a shower and we can go out for lunch."

          Mir groaned, shifting to his side and crawled his way onto Seungho's laps, curling there tiredly. "I just want to…" Mir's voice trailed off and his soft snoring came right after.

          Seungho blinked, dumbfounded. How did this child immediately went to sleep again? Shaking Mir's shoulder, he gave up when the maknae just let out a protesting whine and snuggled more comfortably on his laps. Seungho combed Mir's stray hair behind. He hummed thoughtfully when he saw the eye bag and dark circle decorating the flesh under Mir's eyes. Mir looked like he haven't had a proper sleep for a week. Yet, all the maknae did was sleeping until late in the noon since after the accident.

          "Why are you so tired?" He whispered, not expecting an answer from sleeping Mir but it seemed that Mir was not that deeply asleep after all.

          "I wish I can answer that." Mir sighed, pulling away and sat up. His hair standing up on various direction and he was swaying as he rolled off his bed and headed towards the bathroom.

          Seungho watched for a minute before getting up as well and rummaging through Mir's closet, taking out complete set of a change of clothes and a towel. He entered the bathroom and put all of the clothes onto the racks by the sink. "Are you taking a bath?"

          "No, I'm swimming." Mir shot from behind the curtain.

          Seungho chuckled, dismissing Mir's rude reply. "Why are you so annoyed? It's unlike you."

          A sigh and an apology. "Sorry, hyung." Mir peeked from behind the curtain, shampoo bubbles all over his hair. "Lack of sleep."

          "Yea, right. You slept off the entire week. How did that make you lack of sleep? Unless…" Seungho raised one brow. "Are you still having the bad dream you talked about before?"

          Mir disappeared behind the curtain again, continuing his shower. "I guess so." It was silent for a few minutes until Mir finally pulled the curtain slightly. "Hyung, towel please." He extended his arm outside.

          Seungho simply chucked the white towel towards that hand and smile once the maknae stepped out from the shower with towel around his waist and went to the sink to brush his teeth and did his not-so-routinely skin treatment, paying close attention to his dark circles and eyebags.

          "You still look tired." Seungho pointed out.

          "That's because I am tired." Mir turned around from Seungho, forgetting all about the healing bruises on his back until he heard a gasp coming from Seungho.

          "Bang Cheolyong! What the hell happened to your back?" Seungho asked, eyes wide at the blemish purple on the supposedly smooth skin. "What did you do?"

          Mir turned around to face Seungho, but it was too late already to hide his back. He still slipped on the T-shirt though. "I… It's nothing."

          "It's not nothing. It looked like someone beat you up. What happened maknae? Is there something you're not telling me? Are you in some kind of trouble?"

          "Well, not really."

          "Spill it out, Cheolyong."

          Mir avoided Seungho's sharp stare and bit his lips, not knowing how to explain something he, himself didn't know.

          "Or do you want me to call your mom and tell her about this? Or better yet, Hyojin?" Seungho resorted to threatening, watching as Mir sat up right at the mention of his family.

          "No, hyung! Please, she'll never leave me alone."

          "Then I suggest you tell me what happened."

          Mir sighed. "It's not that I don't want to tell you, hyung. It's just… I don't know how I get the bruises myself. I woke up three days ago and it hurts all over especially on my back and that's it. The bruises were already there."

          "What?"

          "It always like that since the accident." Mir exhaled trembling breath, his hand went up to his right eyes, rubbing it, in a way trying to stop his tears. "I woke up tired and sore and with bruises and cut at some random places on my body. I don't know what is happening. I don't even remember but I'm sure I have nightmare every night."

          There was a pause until Seungho took three large stride forwards and engulfed Mir inside an embrace. He didn't know what was happening but he knew Mir was telling the truth. But it still didn't sit well with him that Mir kept such thing from him especially now seeing how much this was affecting the maknae.

          "What is happening to me, hyung?" Mir sobbed, finally breaking down inside Seungho's warm embrace. This had been following him for weeks and it just scared him more that he had no idea what was happening to his own body. And sometimes it even felt like this was no longer his body. As if he was living inside someone else's.

          "Maybe… You're sleepwalking?" Seungho proposed.

          Mir pulled away, staring up at Seungho weirdly. "Sleepwalking?"

          Seungho nodded. "You probably hurt yourself when you were sleepwalking. That would have explained everything."

          "Then… What should I do?"

          Seungho looked down in thought for a few seconds. "I can sleep in this house tonight to watch over you." Seungho offered.

          Mir shook his head sadly. "You have to fly to Japan tomorrow, don't you?"

          "Well… That… Then, we can tell Byunghee about this."

          "He got schedule as well, hyung. I know." Mir reminded. "I'll just… I don't know. I'll bear with it I guess."

          "But if you are really sleepwalking then it could be dangerous." Seungho sighed in frustration. If only the maknae got manager. "We have to at least tell Hyojin. She can watch over you."

          "No hyung. I don't want to worry her or my parents unnecessarily. I don’t want to do that again." His voice trailed off, filled with pain as he remembered those days not too long ago when he was in a slump. How much he was hurting and in turn the pain was inflicted to his family as well. He swore he would never hurt them again. And he would bear everything on his own. That was how it should have been done. Before and now.

          "But…"

          "I'll lock all the doors and windows. I'll make sure all the potentially dangerous thing being kept in a locked drawers. Please hyung. Kept this between us only and yea, maybe Byunghee hyung as well or I'll just tell Byunghee hyung myself but not anyone else, please. Especially not my family. Promise me."

          Seungho made a restrained noise as a pair of large glassy eyes looking up pleadingly on him. He was worried. He still very much is but there was nothing that he could do if Mir didn't want to tell anyone about this. "Then, how about I tell my manager to keep you company?"

          Mir tilted his head slightly. "Your manager? Isn't he supposed to go with you to Japan?"

          "It's okay. I'll tell him to stay. Surely I can survive two weeks without a manager."

          "But-"

          "Cheolyong, I won't feel ease leaving you just like that. Plus my manager got quite a tight lips."

          Mir hummed in thought, balancing between the good and bad until he slowly agreed knowing Seungho needed to focus in Japan for his work and if he left Mir alone like this, Mir knew Seungho wouldn't be able to do what is needed there. "Fine… If you insist."

          Seungho patted Mir's bleached hair. "Everything will be fine. Okay?"

          "Hmm…"