Distraction

Inexperienced

Blood rushes to his ears, his heart pounding against his ribcage.

 

No.

 

Yoongi tries to stop his panic from showing, he shakily inhales, clenching his fists against his sides.

 

His previously adored ice cream cone dropped onto the sidewalk, the creamy liquid melting down the cracks of the scorching grey pavement.

 

“Jimin let's go home now” he says tensley, refusing to look up.

 

“Are you alright?” Jimin asks worriedly, eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Yoongi wait-” The man starts reaching out to Yoongi, said boy taking a step back and grabbing  Jimin’s hand, tugging him away from the taller man.

 

Don't touch me.

 

“Please, Yoongi just stay-” he tries, reaching out again, only to be interrupted by a now glaring Yoongi.

 

“Jimin we're leaving now”

 

“O-okay” Jimin stammers. Letting himself be dragged by Yoongi towards their dorm building. He looks back, the sight of the man staring sadly at the two retreating boys makes him feel bad, however Yoongi didn't exactly look thrilled to see him so it's probably better this way.

 

It's getting harder and harder for Yoongi to focus, everything suddenly overwhelming him. The noises, the honking of the car horns, the barking of the dog across the street, it's all too much.

 

He’s just blindly walking at this point, counting on muscle memory to get back to their dorm.

 

He just can't believe that of all people he had to be the one that they run into.

 

A girl in front of a bakery tries to offer the two boys a flyer, only to get a death glare from the black haired male, Jimin looks back apologetically at the girl, nearly tripping with how fast his roommate is walking. A part of Yoongi feels sorry towards her, but voices in situations like these unnerve him the most.

 

They eventually make it to the dorm, mostly unharmed. Jimin had unfortunately held onto his cone for the entire ordeal, the grey sleeve of his sweater soaked in melted cream. He was dripping all over the hardwood in front of their room, waiting for Yoongi to unlock the door.

 

The melted ice cream covered boy rushes inside, promptly throwing his cone in the trash and running into the bathroom to wash the stickiness off himself.

 

Yoongi falls face first onto their worn couch, covering himself in a blanket, and curling up into a ball. The air is thick and warm, every hot breath he takes getting trapped by the the soft fleece of the comforter. His mind is an absolute mess. He can't even bring himself to cry because what would even be the ing point. What's he so angry about anyways. It's been years, he should be over it by now. He furrows deeper into the couch crease, relishing in the comforting darkness his blanket offers him.

 

***

Jimin decides to let Yoongi be until he wakes up.

 

He walks into the kitchen and pours himself a glass of apple juice, watching as the translucent liquid fills the clear cup. Jimin nearly drops the carton from how much his hands are shaking. He hadn’t realized how scared he actually was until it was over.

 

Jimin had never seen the elder like that before, and he honestly had no idea how to react.

 

Should he ask about it?

 

He's dying to know who that guy was and why his roommate reacted that way. He wants to help help Yoongi so badly. When he saw the terrified look on his face, Jimin wanted nothing more than to protect Yoongi from everything.

 

But it's none of his business.

 

He doesn't have the right to ask about anything, he isn't allowed to meddle and try to protect him because Yoongi isn't his to protect.

 

They're just roommates.

 

Nothing more, nothing less.

 

He looks over at the boy on the couch, peacefully sleeping. His mouth hanging open, a trail of drool dripping down his cheek. His hair is greasily sticking to his forehead body tangled in the comforter.

 

He's beautiful.

 

Jimin shakes his head, trying to stop thoughts of Yoongi from invading his mind. This really needs to stip. 

 

He needs to find a distraction.

 

Suddenly, his phone vibrates against the wooden table, screen lighting up with a notification. He glances over at the device.

 

Tae <3: Jimin I need you please help.

 

His heart stops beating for a second, worry flooding his stomach. All thoughts of Yoongi thrown out the window.

 

 

 

A/N: ITS SO HOT RN SAVE ME (it's too hot to proofread lool i will edit it later) is it hot where you guys live too?? Pls stay hydrated everyone

Okay but um hi sorry this took so long, summer is super busy for me. Don't worry tho I'm really in the mood for writing right now and I've already started chalter 5.

I'm also sorry this is so short but I just had to end it there. Everything will be revealed next chappie I promise.

Anyways, any final guesses for who the mystery guy is???

As always, if you have any suggestions/feedback I'd love to hear what y'all think :D Comments and upvotes appreciated!

-k