Chapter 1

You Better Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even from afar, Seulgi knows the black messy hair belonged to Kim Jongin. Despite the sea of high schoolers in the hallway, she knew it was him. She was far but not far enough to witness him making his way through the crowd of students. The big dark eyes and perfectly shaped lips. His long but cute nose and deep stares. She managed to commit his features to her memory and although she often sees him at school (while trying her best to make sure that he doesn't see her) she was still struck to see him ever since they grew apart from each other. He looked the same but only this time, a lot more animated and less sappy. 

 

She was the first to see him. The first to talk to him and the first to become friends with him. They became good friends that they considered each other best friends. Jongin and Seulgi have a lot in common. She sees herself in him. Only, he's a boy and she's a girl and Jongin is a lot less outspoken and intense than her. That's probably one of the reasons why she finds comfort in his presence. Jongin was unlike the other boys she knew. He doesn't wear a smug look on his face nor does he act like he's got something to show off because he doesn't need to show off. His talents come off naturally. He acts and speaks naturally. Everything about him is natural. Albeit the intensity of his dark eyes, he projects a calm and collected exterior that sends a sense of solace to Seulgi. Although she can be awfully quiet some times, he was like the quiter and meeker version of her. She finds him so fascinating that she viewed him as an enigma and with Seulgi being her intellectual self, she was so inclined to mysteries that she can't help but find herself falling for them. 

 

She has feelings for Jongin. She knows it too well. As much as she wants to deny it, the last thing a Kang Seulgi would do is lie to herself. She didn't want to tell him. She didn't have any plans on telling him. What's the point, after all? Krystal's already there. As long as Jongin is happy, she's happy for him too. Sounds cliche for someone who's only a best friend but true. 

 

And Krystal. Krystal is the perfect girl for him. She can attest to that. 

 

For Seulgi, staring at Jongin was like staring directly at the sun. It could warm you but at the same time it can burn you. So she tore away her eyes from his sight and focused on Wendy's bantering instead. 

 

"So I was like, 'you're not his mother to chew us out for not bringing your boyfriend home before curfew,' and she was like, 'I don't care, you shouldn't shoot your stupid film in the middle of the night because I'm his girlfriend' and other forms of nonsense... God, I seriously hate her." Wendy rolled her eyes in frustration and shut her locker with a bang after getting her books for the next class. People around turned their heads to the two with probing eyes but Wendy was too infuriated to care. 

 

"You've been ranting about that crap since last night on Twitter. Don't dwell on that ludicrous girl's low end opinions too much. Not worth any of your concerns." Seulgi said and Wendy put a thought on her friend's words. Seulgi always knows the right words to say.

 

But Wendy being Wendy knows the right words to counter too. "That's why I'm pondering too much about her ridiculousness. As part of the intellectual minority of this world, it's our job to aid those who are in need of wise and scholarly support. I thought you knew better." Wendy shook her head.

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes this time and jokingly nudged Wendy. 

 

They were just in time for English class right before their subject teacher could arrive. Seulgi situated herself on the last chair in the center aisle and Wendy sat on the chair in front of her. Minutes passed by and students started filling in the empty chairs. The last one to arrive was Oh Sehun whose seat was on the far end corner near the windows, just a desk away from Seulgi's. 

 

Seulgi's gaze lingered on Sehun for a second when he passed by her and she rolled her eyes in the most subtle manner. Sehun seemed to sense it so he threw her a smug look, one that he's accustomed to since the day of his birth probably. 

 

A moment later, their teacher arrives with nothing but a knowing smile on his face and a paper boat in his hand. Seulgi tore her murderous thoughts for Sehun away and straightened herself in her chair. The rest of the class fixed themselves too. They had respect for the tall, lean, and sophisticated man in front of them. He's an English major and a writer at heart. Aside from that, he's good looking. The hail-I'm-a-high-class-CEO type of good looking visual. He earns money big time because he's just super talented. Aside from teaching, he does a lot of things that most of the class aren't aware. No question why he's picked as one of the hottest bachelors in the city. 

 

"Okay. What do I have in hand right now?" He asks the whole class. 

 


"A scratch paper folded into what seems like a party hat but is actually a boat that will turn into nothing once it makes contact with water, sir." Chanyeol answers and the class laughs. Not because what he said was funny but because he's made himself a reputation of making everyone laugh and smile. The way he said it w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter