The mysterious man

Host

Taeyeon's POV

 

I watch the people busily going in and out of shops as we pass them by. I'm on a taxi with my dad on our way to my sister. We were seperated when we were kids because my gran and gramps wanted us both in their care. They blame my dad on my mother's death. After a bloody fight between them and my dad, they managed to get my sister, Yoona.

 

We see each other at least three times a year. Because dad travels a lot, and if you think that I'm lucky cause I get to go to different places, well you're wrong. In fact, I feel that we're more like a criminal than a tourist. We always check in to some shabby places and dad always check the room thouroughly before letting me in. And he always clutch to his shoulder bag like our lives depends on it. And he never let me look what's inside that bag. 

My dad is an archaeologist, and if you think that we get to go on adventures, you're wrong again. We go to places and he will teach some students about "what is egyptian magic?" Something like that. And speaking of students, I didn't got a chance to go to school because I was only homeschooled. But I'm okay with it. 

 

So yeah, we're on our way to my sister, and we're in England now, because it's  christmas  eve. We got off the taxi and we saw a man leaning on a tree and he seems like waiting for us. My dad always meet someone he knows whenever we go to places but not like this one, who waits for him. 

 

"Tae go to your sister. I will just follow later." He told me and then he went to the man. I'm contemplating if I will follow him or just cross and go to my sister. I did the latter.

 

When I'm about to knock, the door opened and Yoona's face showed.

"Unnie!" I almost fell when she suddenly jumped at me but I managed to regain my balance. "I missed you!"

 

We may not see each other that  often but we're really close. You would suspect her as the older one because she's taller than me, and as she said, I have this face and height of a grade school kid. 

 

"Yoong I missed you too! Wow you've grown so much. Come on now. Let's wait dad on the taxi"

 

She patted muffin on the head before tossing it the house. Oh, muffin is her cat, dad gave it to her six years ago. But the cat didn't seem to to grow old, she has fuzzy yellow and black fur, like a leopard, yellow eyes and pointy ears. There's a silver egyptian amulet dangling on her collar.

"Gran, gramps going out!" She shouted before closing the door. 

We cross the street where dad is, but being the mischievous little sister, instead of going in the taxi,  she hide behind  cars going to dad. But I follow her too. And I think I look so stupid. We did that until we reach behind the large tree.

"Who's that unnie?" I just shrugged my shoulders. "He looked familiar"

I look at the  man and he did look familiar.

 

"-have  to Jaejoong. Its  the right thing."

"No Heechul." The other man said, who must have been Jaejoong. "The Per Ankh is shadowing you. If I don't stop you, they will. And the children? what about them?"

"I've made an arrangement to protect  them. And besides, I'm doing this for our safety. Now, back off"

"I can't Heechul"

"Then it's a duel you want?"

Before I could react, Yoona  went out and shouted "Dad!"