500 Days Of Jimin

500 Days Of Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 1

 

Namjoon was sat at the end of the table biting the end of his pencil as he heard his boss talk about how they could make their greeting cards much more marketable.

Very, interesting stuff, if you asked Namjoon.

But he was barely focusing at all as he just listened until the door suddenly opened and Namjoon saw someone come in, a man dressed in a white shirt and black pants.

“Um Mr. Lee,” he said approaching their boss who was busy pointing at a roughly made graph on the white board.

He turned around to see the man standing.

“Yes, Jimin,” he said.

Namjoon saw the man say something to their boss who just nodded and then turned around to look at everyone sat in the room with a smile.

“Everybody this is Jimin,” he said. “My new assistant”

Jimin just smiled a little.

“He just moved here from…,”

“Busan,” Jimin finished.

“Yeah,” the boss said. “Anyway, I need to take this call so I’ll be right back”

Their boss left the room.

“Nice to meet you all,” Jimin said before he left the room too.

All the while Namjoon stared at him because he had never seen someone so beautiful.

 

 

Day 3

 

“Dude you’ve been staring at him for the past hour,” Namjoon heard Hoseok’s voice.

“No, I haven’t been,”

“Yeah sure,” Hoseok snorted.

Namjoon looked at Jimin typing away on his computer his forehead creased.

“Namjoon stop,”

Namjoon looked at Hoseok before sighing.

“You know you don’t have a chance right,” Hoseok said.

“What do you mean?”

“Come on look at him,” Hoseok said.

“Yeah I know,”

“And from what I’ve heard is very rude,”

“What?”

“Yeah, he was with Baekhyun in the supply room and he didn’t even say hi,” Hoseok said.

“He barely knows Baekhyun,” Namjoon defended Jimin.

“He was with Chanyeol in the elevator and walked past him when they reached their floor,”

“Maybe he was in a hurry,”

“He is just rude,” Hoseok concluded.

Namjoon bit his lips thinking about it.

“He is attractive and they always think they can get away with treating people like ,” Hoseok said.

“Yeah,” Namjoon agreed.

“Forget about him,”

Namjoon nodded.

Hoseok went back to his work and Namjoon kept staring at Jimin until Jimin suddenly looked at him.

Namjoon went back to working too.

 

Day 4

 

It was finally time for Namjoon to go back home, another boring day at work finished.

Namjoon entered the elevator and just when the doors were about to close Jimin walked in and Namjoon stiffened up but ignored him obviously as he just listened to his music. He was trying to play it all cool.

So what if Jimin was here with him it was no biggie.

Namjoon peeked from the side and found Jimin smiling at him.

He saw Jimin mouth something that vaguely seemed like a hi.

“Hey,” Namjoon said.

Jimin seemed to be laughing as he gestured Namjoon to remove his headphones.

“I said I like The Smiths too,”

“What?” Namjoon asked surprised.

“Yeah, I love them,” Jimin said with a smile. “I think they are simply amazing,”

“Yeah, they are,”

“You have a great taste in music,” Jimin said.

“Uh um thank you,”

Jimin smiled again as the elevator came to a stop and Jimin left while Namjoon stood there too shocked to even move.

 

Day 8

 

“To Jisoo,” everyone cheered.

Jisoo grinned a little. They were celebrating her engagement in the office. Namjoon just cared about the cake.

Hoseok on his side was just sipping on his beer and talking about something but Namjoon had tuned out because he saw Jimin walking among the people clueless.

Namjoon grabbed a plate with a slice of cake and walked to Jimin.

“Hey um Jimin,” he said.

Jimin looked surprised.

“Yeah you are the Smiths fan,” he said.

“Kim Namjoon,”

Jimin smiled.

“Cake,” Namjoon offered.

“Thank you,” Jimin took it with a small smile.

Namjoon just casually stood beside him wondering how to strike a conversation.

“So,” he said. “How’s everything going?”

“Okay, I guess,”

“You just moved here right?”

“Yeah, a week ago,” Jimin answered.

“How’s Seoul been?” Namjoon asked.

“It’s good I like it actually,” Jimin answered.

“Why did you move though?”

“I don’t know,” Jimin answered. “Just wanted to try something new and exciting so this seemed like a good idea”

“You really did choose an exciting place,” Namjoon said making Jimin laugh.

“How long have you been working here?”

“5 years I think,”

“Wow, always dreamt about writing greeting cards?” Jimin asked.

“Yeah, my only childhood dream,”

Jimin chuckled.

“Actually I studied to be an architect,”

“Wow,” Jimin said. “And then?”

“Didn’t work out,” Namjoon answered. “So here we are”

“Do you like it here?”

“No, but it makes money so,” Namjoon said with a shrug.

Jimin nodded.

“Anyway, I gotta get back to work,” he said.

“See you later,”

Jimin walked off to his spot and sat down working again while Namjoon spent half of his time working and the other half staring at him.

Hoseok just sighed at his stupidity.

 

Day 11

 

“I win again,” Taehyung said throwing his arms up. “You owe me a pizza”

“Fine,” Namjoon huffed. “What do you want?”

“A large meat lovers with stuffed crust,” Taehyung answered.

Namjoon nodded calling the pizza place before he sat back on the couch and declined when Taehyung asked him to play again.

“What happened to you huh?” Taehyung asked. “You are always so determined to beat me at Mario Kart”

“It’s a boy,”

Taehyung’s big brown eyes widened.

“Who is it?”

“He just joined my office a week ago and he is amazing,” Namjoon answered in a dreamy voice. “His name is Jimin”

“Oh and?”

“I think he is my soul mate,”

“What?” Taehyung said loudly.

“Hear me out,” Namjoon said. “He likes The Smiths and we talked and we have so much similar interests it’s crazy and we both have the same favorite books”

Namjoon sat back.

“It’s like we are meant to be”

“God, you are such an idiot sometimes,”

“What?”

“Just because he likes the same thing as you do doesn’t make him your soul mate,”

“You’re 15 what do you even know about love and soul mates,” Namjoon scoffed.

“A lot more than you,” Taehyung said.

“Yeah sure,”

“You have a lot more to learn buddy,” Taehyung said placing a hand on Namjoon’s shoulder.

“ off,”

Taehyung laughed.

“Wanna have a race again?” Taehyung asked.

“I will beat you this time,”

Namjoon lost five more times and after buying Taehyung two tubs of ice cream he finally decided to give up.

 

Day 22

 

“Can you for one second shut the up about Jimin?” Yoongi groaned.

“You’re my best friend,” Namjoon said. “You signed up for this”

“Now you know what I feel like when Jimin is all he ever talks about?” Hoseok said.

It was a Saturday and they were sat in the local coffee shop while Namjoon sat there with a glum expression on his face.

“It’s over between us,”

“For it to be over Namjoon there has to be something,” Yoongi said. “There was nothing ever between you and Jimin”

“What happened?” Hoseok asked and Namjoon smiled at him grateful that at least Hoseok was willing to listen to him about Jimin.

“So we were together in the elevator and I ask him how his weekend had been and all he said it was good and he kind of stretched the good which makes me think that he might have been on a date or he might be seeing someone,”

“God, here we again,” Yoongi said.

“You are looking into this too much,” Hoseok said.

“He might not even be gay for all you know,” Yoongi said.

“Yeah, you are right,” Namjoon said. “Nothing I can do about it”

Hoseok gave him a sympathetic look.

“I mean I gave him chances I played The Smiths out loud and he walked past my desk completely ignoring me,”

“And what does that prove?” Yoongi asked.

“That he is not into me,” Namjoon said. “There is no point in trying because good things never happen to me.

Namjoon continued.

“I mean I’m fine no hard feelings trust me I like being alone it’s good,”

Yoongi sighed.

“Or maybe you can just ask him out on a date,”

“Don’t be stupid,”

 

Day 27

 

Namjoon was working on a new and much more creative message to put on a greeting card for birthdays when he felt something hit the side of his head.

Namjoon removed his headphones and looked at Hoseok who was glaring at him

“I’ve been calling your name for the past 5 minutes but you won’t listen,”

“What is it?” Namjoon asked wearily.

“Karaoke night…,”

Before Hoseok could even complete his sentence Namjoon shook his head no.

“Listen to me,” Hoseok said. “Everyone is going”

“Huh,”

“Everyone is going,” Hoseok emphasized.

Namjoon’s eyes went to Jimin who was chatting on the phone.

“I’m in,”

Hoseok grinned.

 

Day 28

 

Hoseok was shrilly singing on the top of his voice already too drunk to care what he sounded like while Namjoon watched amused.

Suddenly Namjoon noticed Jimin standing next to him.

“Hey,” Namjoon said.

“Hi,” Jimin said. “I thought you weren’t coming”

“Oh I um am changed my mind,”

“All right,” Jimin smiled.

Jimin’s attention returned back to the stage where Hoseok was just done with his song and the whole crowd started cheering.

“Who’s next?”

Surprisingly Jimin went on the stage and adjusted the mike to his height before he started singing and Namjoon watched him with dreamy eyes because god he had never seen someone sing so sweetly.

Jimin’s voice had to be his favorite.

“Hey how was…,” he heard Hoseok’s voice.

“Shut up,”

When he was finally done Namjoon clapped the hardest.

Jimin joined him and they sat at one of the booths along with Hoseok who was already too drunk.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” he asked Jimin.

“Uh no,”

“Why, are you gay?” he asked and Namjoon wanted to kick Hoseok.

“Yeah,”

“Wow, so you really are gay,” Hoseok said.

Jimin laughed.

“Ignore him he is quite stupid when he gets drunk,” Namjoon said.

“I don’t mind,” Jimin smiled.

“So, do you have a boyfriend?” Hoseok asked.

“No,”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want one,” he answered on the straw of his drink.

“What do you mean?”

“I like being alone on my own,” Jimin explained.

“I don’t get you,” Hoseok slurred.

Jimin chuckled.

“I don’t do relationships,” Jimin said. “You get hurt and it’s just a whole big mess”

Namjoon listened shocked.

“I am young and I live in this big city I wanna make the best of it and I don’t want to be held back by some obligation of a relationship”

“Basically I want to live my life on my own terms and I feel like relationships hold me back”

“We can save the serious stuff for later,” Jimin finished.

“Wait so you don’t believe in love?” Namjoon asked.

“You do?”

“Of course, yeah,” Namjoon said.

Jimin laughed.

“I don’t think love exists it’s all just a fantasy,”

“You’re wrong,”

“Most people end up divorcing,” he said. “If love was real you would think more people’s marriages would last”

“That is not the point,”

Jimin just shrugged.

“I’ve been with a lot of people but I’ve never felt it,”

Namjoon smiled a little.

“You will when you do fall in love,”

“Sure,”

Namjoon stared at Jimin who stared back at him.

“Hey, Namjoon I think you should go up there and sing,” Hoseok said interrupting them.

“Yeah, you should,” Jimin said.

“No, no,” Namjoon began protesting. “I will be too self-conscious”

“I know a solution for that,” Jimin said and left before coming back with a beer bottle.

“Come on go up there and make us proud,” he said.

When Namjoon felt drunk enough he went to the stage and sang his heart out and it was quite fun especially since Jimin was cheering him and Hoseok went for another round because he was simply feeling like it.

The crowd loved him yet again.

They decided to leave the bar at 11 Hoseok was too drunk to even walk properly and Namjoon walked him to his cab along with Jimin.

“Jimin,” Hoseok slurred. “Namjoon likes you”

Namjoon’s face turned red as he opened the cab door pushing Hoseok inside.

“He has drunk too much today,” Namjoon said to Jimin who was laughing at Hoseok’s antics.

When Namjoon finally got Hoseok inside the cab left leaving Namjoon and Jimin alone.

“So, is it true?” Jimin asked.

“What is?”

“That you like me,” Jimin said.

Namjoon scratched the back of his head.

“Uh yeah,”

“As friends?” Jimin asked.

“Yeah I mean yeah as friends,”

“All right then,” Jimin smiled.

Namjoon nodded.

“I am gonna go now,”

“Uh okay.”

“Goodnight Namjoon,”

“Night Jimin,”

 

Day 31

 

Namjoon was in the copy room making copies of the latest drafts of the greeting cards he wrote to show his boss so that he could decide if they were any good to hit the stores.

Jimin walked in and Namjoon could feel his heart beat faster.

“Hey,” Jimin said as he moved to the other copy machine.

“Hi,” Namjoon said.

They stood there silently as the photocopy machine made noises filling the awkward silence.

Namjoon looked at Jimin who was suddenly quite close to him.

“I really enjoyed that night at the karaoke,” Namjoon began but he was interrupted by Jimin’s lips on his.

Jimin’s hands were around Namjoon’s neck as Namjoon wrapped his hands around Jimin’s waist for how long Namjoon doesn’t know but his only wish was that it never stopped.

Jimin broke away from the kiss looking at Namjoon before he grabbed the copies from the machine.

And just like that, he walked away.

 

Day 34

 

Namjoon walked to the various aisles of Ikea well aware of the person right next to him.

Namjoon didn’t think it would be ever possible for him to just walk around Ikea with Jimin while holding hands.

It was like a dream come true. It wasn’t the most interesting place for a date but Jimin wanted to buy some furniture and asked Namjoon if he would like to come.

Namjoon would have never said no.

“What are we looking for again?” Namjoon asked.

“Just a chair,” Jimin said. “The one that came with my place makes my back hurt”

“Oh,”

“How about that one?” Jimin asked pointing to a wooden chair.

Namjoon sat down on it.

“It makes my feel good,” Namjoon said.

Jimin laughed.

“Let me try,”

Jimin sat down.

“Not very good on the back,” Jimin complained.

“That’s okay, we can find another one,” Namjoon said.

“Yeah,” Jimin said. “Let’s explore the beddings,”

“All right,” Namjoon said following Jimin’s lead.

Jimin proceeded to lay down on one of the beds and Namjoon did the same as they both lied on the bed staring into each other’s eyes and they were kissing in the store with so many people around but neither of them cared.

When they stopped Jimin looked into Namjoon’s eyes.

“I just…,” he said. “I just wanna say that I am not looking for anything serious”

“Oh,”

“I just want to have fun,”

“Okay,” Namjoon said. “Take it slow and casual right”

“Yeah exactly,” Jimin said. “Are you okay with that?”

“Yeah of course,”

Jimin smiled.

They kissed again.

“You are so fun,” Jimin said.

Namjoon grinned.

“So,” Namjoon said as he took Jimin’s hands into his. “Wanna go back to mine?”

“Yeah I’d love to,”

They left Ikea without buying a chair and drove to Namjoon’s house.

And just seconds after they were inside the flat they began kissing and it was much more rough and passionate as they made into the bedroom while still kissing.

Namjoon pushed down Jimin on the bed and got on top of him kissing him again now on the neck and Jimin’s hands were clutching Namjoon’s shirt his mouth half open in a silent moan.

Namjoon knew what was gonna happen now and he didn’t know if he was ready.

“Just a second,” he said to Jimin who nodded.

Namjoon ran to the bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror.

“It’s a boy,” he told himself. “You wanted this and now that it’s here you can do it”

Namjoon returned to the bedroom and he saw Jimin on the bed.

Namjoon’s mind went blank.

They had lots of it and it was simply amazing.

“You are amazing,” Namjoon said to Jimin caressing his cheek.

“So are you,”

Namjoon just smiled.

 

 

Day 45

 

Namjoon kissed Jimin again and Jimin giggled.

“You two are disgusting,” Yoongi said.

“I agree simply gross,” Hoseok said sipping his beer.

“Come on now guys,” Namjoon said but Jimin grabbed him by his face and they started making out yet again.

“We are leaving,” Yoongi said and Hoseok stood up with him.

“Bye g…,” Namjoon could barely say before Jimin kissed him again.

 

Day 87

 

One of the favorite things for Namjoon and Jimin was to visit old music shops and find vinyl.

“Are you being serious?” Namjoon asked shocked.

“Yes I am,” Jimin said.

“Octopus’ Garden, really,” Namjoon asked.

“Yes, octopus garden is the best Beatles’ song,”

“No way,”

“Come on, I love Ringo Starr,”

“But no one likes Ringo Starr,” Namjoon said.

“And that is why I love him,” Jimin said.

Namjoon rolled his eyes and Jimin stood on his tiptoes kissing him.

“I have somewhere to show you,” Jimin said.

Namjoon followed him to the corner of the shop and was shocked to see adult movies lined on the shelves.

“Wow,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter