Who Are You?

No One Knows Our Love Story

I remember at one time, I use to have a best friend. Her mother would bring her over and we would play for hours and hours together. We would play house, make mud pies, play hide and seek, and even house. But one day, her mother and her just disappeared. I didn't know where they went or have gone too. My mother didn't say much or explained to me why. I remember asking for her, asking for my best friend to come back. My mother would just tell me that it was okay and that she will come back tommorrow. Every day I would wait by the door after school. I would keep waiting and wait until she came back, but she never did. I eventually gave up on waiting for her to come back. I moved on and made new friends at school, forgetting that she was waiting for me as well. As years gone by, I was already in middle school. Forgetting about that one best friend I made as a kid. My friends and me went to library after the last day of school to meet up with other friends who were from different school. It was then when I saw you again. We both forgot about our past and greeted one another. Your smile reminded me of you back then, but I had no clue and continued to treat you like a new friend that I had just met. After meeting you, I couldn't forget about you. I kept having this thought deep inside my head that I knew you, that you knew me. But who are you? Who are you to me? After that day, I started seeing you around my friend's and I more often. I didn't ask them why because having you there somewhat made the time go by better. I didn't know what was happening. I kept thinking of us when we were kids. But for some reason, I kept denying in my heart that it was you. That pain that I once had, I didn't want to remember it. You continue to come around and tried talking to me. You try so hard to make me smile and to hear that laughter from me. Deep in my thoughts I started remembering, remembering how you would do this to me as a kid. But still I didn't know who you are. I would laugh but you knew from the back of your head, I was sad. It was one sunny day, my friend finally told me that you were dating her. I was surprised and blown away. I congratulated her but couldn't think of the reason why. I was still confused as to why you remind me so much of her. After pondering and refusing to accept the fact that you looked like her, you finally proved me wrong.